Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,962 members, 7,817,825 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 08:32 PM

Nigeria Unfair To Igbo 50 Yrs After Civil War "Chimamanda Adichie Says" - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Nigeria Unfair To Igbo 50 Yrs After Civil War "Chimamanda Adichie Says" (3229 Views)

‘There Is No Biafra’, Chimamanda Adichie Says, Gives Reasons / Shehu Sani: It Will Be Unfair To Deny South-West Presidency In 2023 / Nigeria Unfair To Mbazulike Amaechi – Obasanjo (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigeria Unfair To Igbo 50 Yrs After Civil War "Chimamanda Adichie Says" by southpole: 6:51pm On Aug 04, 2019
TSRC:

Igbo's are at the top of any developmental index in Nigeria.
So how exactly are they paying back?
Can you find any other group more educated, more civilized and more prosperous in Nigeria?
Is their Land bedeviled by terrorism on a global scale?
How exactly are they paying back that the rest of the country is not paying?
If Igbos are at the top of every developmental index in Nigeria as you claim, why is Chimamanda wailing? Did you read the article or just jumped in and started writing?

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigeria Unfair To Igbo 50 Yrs After Civil War "Chimamanda Adichie Says" by TSRC: 6:55pm On Aug 04, 2019
southpole:
If Igbos are at the top of every developmental index in Nigeria as you claim, why is Chimamanda wailing? Did you read the article or just jumped in and started writing?
Chimamanda is wailing for the politics.
Too many anti Igbo bias formulated by notorious scumbags.
Scumbags with no idea of accurate politics or just too bigoted.

Just look at this thread for example.
And this bias have not only affected Igbo in politics, it has also affected the Nigerian state from being truly competitive politically.
We are all suffering it politically.

But It hasn't stopped chimamanda and NOI from being the two most successful Nigerian women in this century.

2 Likes

Re: Nigeria Unfair To Igbo 50 Yrs After Civil War "Chimamanda Adichie Says" by Ikenna0b: 6:56pm On Aug 04, 2019
Tobichimezie:

The average Nigerian unfortunately apart from been myopic and insipidly daft, is also uninformed...a rather unique defect that can only be blamed by an environment which fosters malaises like intellectual laziness and the rest... don't waste your bandwidth and time educating unapologetic mo.rons mate.

It is a pattern I've noticed lately. I agree with their "sai Buhari" that they are clueless and lazy. The intellect of your average Niggerian is equivalent to that was a snail
Re: Nigeria Unfair To Igbo 50 Yrs After Civil War "Chimamanda Adichie Says" by Ikenna0b: 7:03pm On Aug 04, 2019
southpole:
you are right karma doesnt miss its target and that is why the Igbos have been paying back all these years.
You asked how can a historian be biased when he is not Igbos? I don't know if you are from this planet and if you are not from this planet then let me educate you that money is used to determine the contents of history books. In this case the Igbos must have used money to influence your so called historian just to remove the Igbo colouration of the coup

More example of your average Niggerian... ignorant. So imaginary Igbos paid Max Saiollun to write the accurate history you Niggerians tried to bury. I'm guessing the same imaginary Igbo paid MaX when he wrote negative things about Ojukwu.

Secondly, Igbos lost everything after the war but yet look where the Bleep we at right now and this is with shithole government doing everything they can think of to keep us down. Compare that to the rest of una who didn't have to start over. grin Even reality is laughable in your face. Mofo Karma is a fucking bitch and Karma is definitely enjoying herself in your shithole.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Unfair To Igbo 50 Yrs After Civil War "Chimamanda Adichie Says" by splendour7(m): 7:10pm On Aug 04, 2019
Ty Danjuma And Co assasinated Ironsi, Gowon Fought The Genocidal War Then,both Are From Benue State,,i Am Here To Announce To You That Number Of The Mass Burial That Took Place In Benue State In The Past 3 Yrs,is More Than Or Equevalent To The Igbo Pple Gowon Killed In That Genocidal War,,today Danjuma Is Seeking For Southern Alliance To Help Fight Fulani Herdsmen,old Gowon Is Flagrant,he Have Lost His Voice,all He Do Now Is Go About Seeking For Nation Wide Prayer For Nigeria,,hahahahaha Is Karma Not A Bitch??
Re: Nigeria Unfair To Igbo 50 Yrs After Civil War "Chimamanda Adichie Says" by xelly: 7:20pm On Aug 04, 2019
Cherrybae:
Igbos must come out publicly, knee down , cry shed blood and apologise to Nigerians for murdering all our leaders in their bloody coup.

Imagine all coups in Nigeria were executed by igbos.

This lady is stupid foolish and a slow poke.

Nonsense

Better start pleading on Igbos to lead you for you to have a country. If you enjoy the way your Nigeria is, keep it up. Igbos are not comfortable the way it is.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Unfair To Igbo 50 Yrs After Civil War "Chimamanda Adichie Says" by Ikenna0b: 7:24pm On Aug 04, 2019
TSRC:

Chimamanda is wailing for the politics.
Too many anti Igbo bias formulated by notorious scumbags.
Scumbags with no idea of accurate politics or just too bigoted.

Just look at this thread for example.
And this bias have not only affected Igbo in politics, it has also affected the Nigerian state from being truly competitive politically.
We are all suffering it politically.

But It hasn't stopped chimamanda and NOI from being the two most successful Nigerian women in this century.

The same anti Igbo stand is what projected from being one of the fastest growing economy in the world in year 2014 underneath GEJ to world poverty capital and growing in year 2017 underneath Buhari grin. They think they are doing Igbos. Ndi Ara. That's why I feel Zero pity for them with each tragedy they are bestowed upon.

2 Likes

Re: Nigeria Unfair To Igbo 50 Yrs After Civil War "Chimamanda Adichie Says" by Unik3030: 7:38pm On Aug 04, 2019
Asnafsaeed:
Delusional nyamuri flat.heads always have a way to twist narratives to whatever suites their agenda and leave their own shortcomings aside

In all their phoney concocted and fabricated assertion , they illustrate and depict how northerners just woke up on the wrong side of the bed and started killing igbos for the fun of it undecided

I wonder how they leave outbthe igbo coup which annihilated over 95% of northern leaders leaving out their own on disguis of fighting corruption

They were even celebrated and coronated as some sort of supreme leaders, but they always have a way to leave this out when narrating the stories to their children by making it look like northerners just started killing them
dont mind them, they don't know they are hurting themselves more cos they lie to their children thereby making them b on the wrong side of history. they are gradually planting bitterness in their children n the bitterness will always pitch them on the wrong side of history
Re: Nigeria Unfair To Igbo 50 Yrs After Civil War "Chimamanda Adichie Says" by fx45(m): 7:41pm On Aug 04, 2019
Asnafsaeed:
It will never happen!! At least not for now.. you can't be against the interest of the north regarding ruga and shiite and expect us to support ur presidency

We are not fools!! We are patiently waiting for you in 2023 when ull come for our support.. thats when ull no silence is not cowardness
Are you this daft? Igbos want out of the accursed union and not your stvpid presidency that has kept the North impoverished and backwards since independence
Re: Nigeria Unfair To Igbo 50 Yrs After Civil War "Chimamanda Adichie Says" by Unik3030: 7:55pm On Aug 04, 2019
TSRC:

Igbo's are at the top of any developmental index in Nigeria.
So how exactly are they paying back?
Can you find any other group more educated, more civilized and more prosperous in Nigeria?
Is their Land bedeviled by terrorism on a global scale?
How exactly are they paying back that the rest of the country is not paying?
chestbeating as usual, no igbo dead or alive can match dangote or Harry akande

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigeria Unfair To Igbo 50 Yrs After Civil War "Chimamanda Adichie Says" by Nobody: 8:40pm On Aug 04, 2019
throwaway:

I'm not Igbo and don't have to be one to see dat what happened in 1966 was wrong. U r filled with hate. 1966 coup was never an Igbo coup - Atom Kpera, Ademoyega etc took part in it as well. Please go and read a proper book on Nigeria's history.
You're funny boy. u dat was born yesterday recalling history anyhow. Were u there?

Using your example,
Many Yorubas faught for biafra side e.g victor banjo d biafran hero . it simply means biafra is not for igbos then.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigeria Unfair To Igbo 50 Yrs After Civil War "Chimamanda Adichie Says" by TSRC: 9:08pm On Aug 04, 2019
Unik3030:
chestbeating as usual, no igbo dead or alive can match dangote or Harry akande
Places that Chimamanda would be begged to attend, dangote would beg to lobby his way in.

As for Harry akande. I don't know him.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigeria Unfair To Igbo 50 Yrs After Civil War "Chimamanda Adichie Says" by reality1010: 9:29pm On Aug 04, 2019
Nemesis909:
Rubbish.

Why not comment on the igbo coup and how it was unfair of them to have slaughtered politically exposed people from other tribes whilst safeguarding their own.?
Which is Igbo coup? You r still not seeing.
Re: Nigeria Unfair To Igbo 50 Yrs After Civil War "Chimamanda Adichie Says" by verifiablefacts: 9:41pm On Aug 04, 2019
throwaway:
So because some igbo soldiers did something wrong, the entire Igbo race is culpable as well. In order words, u r justifying the actions of those that slaughtered innocent Igbo solidiers and civilians for no reason. Sad.
action and reaction are equal and opposite, that's if you know.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Unfair To Igbo 50 Yrs After Civil War "Chimamanda Adichie Says" by verifiablefacts: 9:41pm On Aug 04, 2019
throwaway:
So because some igbo soldiers did something wrong, the entire Igbo race is culpable as well. In order words, u r justifying the actions of those that slaughtered innocent Igbo solidiers and civilians for no reason. Sad.
Re: Nigeria Unfair To Igbo 50 Yrs After Civil War "Chimamanda Adichie Says" by Nemesis909: 10:41pm On Aug 04, 2019
TSRC:

Places that Chimamanda would be begged to attend, dangote would beg to lobby his way in.

As for Harry akande. I don't know him.

Places that Ahmed Musa would be begged to attend Chimamanda would lobby to get in.

Everybody get where him respect end.
Re: Nigeria Unfair To Igbo 50 Yrs After Civil War "Chimamanda Adichie Says" by Capted: 10:43pm On Aug 04, 2019
*Hey! Interested in little � stuff? Then you should join REX TV�. �✨, no boring moments��‍♂* *from hookups�‍❤‍� to hoe stories� to MCM&WCW��* *to free airtime�,* *BBN UPDATES*�  *viral funny videos �and most essentially the best of TWITTER'S savagery�* *join the fam today to enjoy all this�, but avoid being savaged�*
 https:///2349056441803?text=I%20heard%20about%20REX%20TV%20from%20Maro%20and%20i'll%20love%20to%20be%20part%20of%20it.%20My%20name%20is%20___%20
Re: Nigeria Unfair To Igbo 50 Yrs After Civil War "Chimamanda Adichie Says" by corperdonga: 5:07am On Aug 05, 2019
Cherrybae:
Igbos must come out publicly, knee down , cry shed blood and apologise to Nigerians for murdering all our leaders in their bloody coup.

Imagine all coups in Nigeria were executed by igbos.

This lady is stupid foolish and a slow poke.

Nonsense

Too much bitterness about Igbos. Your main reason of joining nairaland to preach hate speech on Igbos. Nigeria will not divide. Stop beating war drums.
Re: Nigeria Unfair To Igbo 50 Yrs After Civil War "Chimamanda Adichie Says" by MetaPhysical: 5:33am On Aug 05, 2019
StOla:
There is no right I enjoy as a Nigerian who is not Igbo, that Nigerians that are Igbos do not also enjoy.

What the Igbos have been prevented from achieving is their gluttonous desire to have everything to themselves alone.

They have simply found it derogatory and frustrating that they need the approval of others to have their way, while other tribes do not suffer from the arrogance that considers compromise and intertribal alliances as necessary for progress in a heterogeneous nation.

Say no more! grin grin

If Adichie wants justice we will bring it by way of giving Presidency to Igbo but we will also break up Ladipo Market, Alaba Market, ASPAMDA, SabonGari...and allocate shops judiciously to all Nigerians in equitable scale so that Igbo monopoly in trade is broken down and everybody is on a even platter.
Re: Nigeria Unfair To Igbo 50 Yrs After Civil War "Chimamanda Adichie Says" by MetaPhysical: 5:36am On Aug 05, 2019
Ikenna0b:

It is a pattern I've noticed lately. I agree with their "sai Buhari" that they are clueless and lazy. The intellect of your average Niggerian is equivalent to that was a snail

The phenomenon you describe as "average Nigerian" does not exist. It is a false phrase that is impossible to assess or model, mathematically or empirically. Stop using the phrase, please. grin
Re: Nigeria Unfair To Igbo 50 Yrs After Civil War "Chimamanda Adichie Says" by TSRC: 10:24am On Aug 05, 2019
Nemesis909:

Places that Ahmed Musa would be begged to attend Chimamanda would lobby to get in.

Everybody get where him respect end.
Now I know you are clowning.
Re: Nigeria Unfair To Igbo 50 Yrs After Civil War "Chimamanda Adichie Says" by Nemesis909: 10:37am On Aug 05, 2019
TSRC:

Now I know you are clowning.

Not clowning.

Do you think where people would be begging MC Oluomo to attend is where Chimamanda can even get an invite?
Re: Nigeria Unfair To Igbo 50 Yrs After Civil War "Chimamanda Adichie Says" by FortuneDeGreat(m): 12:58pm On Aug 05, 2019
Nemesis909:

It was not for any reason.

Stop trying to twist history.

No apologies for people who think they are superior to others, who are belligerent and chose the path of violence, celebrating the killings of other tribes as if nothing would happen.
How many other coups have we seen afterwards and which of them are tagged Hausa/Yoruba or any other ethnic nationality coup? Or are those who are involved not from an ethnic group, even 1966 coup had notable officers among the executioners who are non Igbo. Mr. man use your brain.
Re: Nigeria Unfair To Igbo 50 Yrs After Civil War "Chimamanda Adichie Says" by Ogagist1: 7:24pm On Aug 05, 2019
StOla:
There is no right I enjoy as a Nigerian who is not Igbo, that Nigerians that are Igbos do not also enjoy.

What the Igbos have been prevented from achieving is their gluttonous desire to have everything to themselves alone.

They have simply found it derogatory and frustrating that they need the approval of others to have their way, while other tribes do not suffer from the arrogance that considers compromise and intertribal alliances as necessary for progress in a heterogeneous nation.
♿♿
Re: Nigeria Unfair To Igbo 50 Yrs After Civil War "Chimamanda Adichie Says" by NkayStory(f): 8:27pm On Aug 05, 2019
Nemesis909:

You are minorities by virtue of your population, hence the reason you have not been able to affect the result of the polls.

You've continued to bet on the losing horse then come back around to ask if some winnings can be handed to you.

Haba!

Fear God.

Beer-parlour gossip,false-hood and propaganda are your past-times we know..but the life of the average Yoruba or others are not better than Igbos..not by a long shot.

After all said and done,90% of you yorubas detest the thought of having your own country and will seek for a million ways and reason why Igbos should continue sharing one country with you..

Walk your talk and even attempt to form odua republic..for where??..just desperate attachement to Igbos everywhere.

Inspite of your useless efforts,Your Nigeria is a mess now with anarchy and doom looming ..a around the corner.....a shame of a nation

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Unfair To Igbo 50 Yrs After Civil War "Chimamanda Adichie Says" by Nemesis909: 8:29pm On Aug 05, 2019
NkayStory:

Beer-parlour gossip,false-hood and propaganda are your past-times we know..but the life of the average Yoruba or others are not better than Igbos..not by a long shot.

After all said and done,90% of you yorubas detest the thought of having your own country and will seek for a million ways and reason why Igbos should continue sharing one country with you..

Walk your talk and even attempt to for odua republic..for where??..just desperate attachement to Igbos everywhere.

Inspite of your useless efforts,Your Nigeria is a mess now with anarchy and doom looming ..a around the corner.....a shame of a nation

Wetin concern me with Yoruba?
Re: Nigeria Unfair To Igbo 50 Yrs After Civil War "Chimamanda Adichie Says" by NkayStory(f): 8:32pm On Aug 05, 2019
Asnafsaeed:
I have alot of igbo friends, I'm not filled with hate, we have let by gone be by gone, just like how we expect the igbo to let it slide too

But I'm not going to seat by and watch how the igbo try to change and distort history in a desperate attempt to paint black white.. they have a hand all these atrocities and should admit to it with some balls

Nobody just woke up and decided to start killing them like how they are trying to portray to the gullible

Your Nigeria is cursed anyway never to progress and to remain backward,retrogresdive and under-developed..so your assertions holds no water..

What we are waiting for is the complete disintegratiion of this accursed contraption which will see you yorubas going your own way from Igbos for life..

It will happen sooner than later..

Simple.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Unfair To Igbo 50 Yrs After Civil War "Chimamanda Adichie Says" by Ikenna0b: 11:47pm On Aug 05, 2019
MetaPhysical:

The phenomenon you describe as "average Nigerian" does not exist. It is a false phrase that is impossible to assess or model, mathematically or empirically. Stop using the phrase, please. grin

So it's today you realized una are Niggerians and your average Niggerian has a pattern of ignorance, and proud stupidity. Niggerian get out my mention
Re: Nigeria Unfair To Igbo 50 Yrs After Civil War "Chimamanda Adichie Says" by cptfash: 12:12am On Aug 06, 2019
throwaway:

Twist history? Nobody is twisting anything. U are filled with hate. The violence against the Igbos in 1966 was evil. Because Nzeogwu killed Ahmadu Bello, etc does that mean Madam Nkechi, a market woman, deserved to lose her life; just because she's Igbo. And u are justifying the actions of those pogrom perpetrators?

It baffles me d way igbo people think,both old and young(though nt all of them sha) .they react to issues as if they reason from their anus.always trying to play victim mentality and twisting d truth.
U ar talking abt non-existing one madam nkechi and innocent civilians,wat abt all d pregnant Yoruba soldier wife ur millitary coup plotters shot in d stomach after killing d husband in her presence,wat abt all d innocent Hausa and Yoruba civilian leaders ur people killed in ur coup? Why was there nt a single igbo military or civillian kill in d coup? Abi na only Yoruba and Hausa politicians and military men were corrupt ?and igbo saint?

Rubbish.
Re: Nigeria Unfair To Igbo 50 Yrs After Civil War "Chimamanda Adichie Says" by oyatz(m): 4:14am On Aug 06, 2019
This kind of Post and several other posts on Nairaland will show you why what Chimamanda is asking for may not come in the nearest future.

chiagozien:
One sure thing is the zoo must go down.

Hope yoruba revolution will still hold tomorrow
Re: Nigeria Unfair To Igbo 50 Yrs After Civil War "Chimamanda Adichie Says" by oyatz(m): 4:22am On Aug 06, 2019
Nigeria will be to you what you wish it to be.

As some people like you are saying Nigeria is cursed and nothing good will come out of the Country, Mallam Isa is building #7 Billion modular refinery in Imo State and Obi Jackson is building a #2Billion real estate property in Lagos.

As some people are embittered about Nigeria, some Asians (Chinese, Indians and Lebanese) are looking for ways to get to Nigeria, the land of opportunities!

NkayStory:

Your Nigeria is cursed anyway never to progress and to remain backward,retrogresdive and under-developed..so your assertions holds no water..

What we are waiting for is the complete disintegratiion of this accursed contraption which will see you yorubas going your own way from Igbos for life..

It will happen sooner than later..

Simple.
Re: Nigeria Unfair To Igbo 50 Yrs After Civil War "Chimamanda Adichie Says" by throwaway: 5:26am On Aug 06, 2019
cptfash:

It baffles me d way igbo people think,both old and young(though nt all of them sha) .they react to issues as if they reason from their anus.always trying to play victim mentality and twisting d truth.
U ar talking abt non-existing one madam nkechi and innocent civilians,wat abt all d pregnant Yoruba soldier wife ur millitary coup plotters shot in d stomach after killing d husband in her presence,wat abt all d innocent Hausa and Yoruba civilian leaders ur people killed in ur coup? Why was there nt a single igbo military or civillian kill in d coup? Abi na only Yoruba and Hausa politicians and military men were corrupt ?and igbo saint?

Rubbish.
Lol. You don't go around like animals trying to kill other people from an ethinic group simply because some members of the group committed a crime. It's the same thing dat innocent Nigerians are facing in South Africa, Ghana.

#1. The Nzeogwu-led coup was never an Igbo coup.
#2. Even if it were, why should the Northern soldiers and civilian start attacking(killing) normal Igbo civilians (civilians dat weren't even politicians .... regular folks).
#3. Long before d 1st and 2nd military coups, other Nigerians disliked d Igbos simply because they dominated economic activities in the country. Twas very stupid of them to see dat as a bad thing. Even politicians like Ahmadu Bello felt this way. The soldiers and civilians just used the counter coup of '66 to vent out this displeasure.

So u trying to justify the violence against the Igbos on the basis that Nzeogwu et al killed folks from the other ethnic groups is just stupid.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Nnamdi Kanu's Lawyer Finally Granted Permission To Visit Him / See How Ijelespeaks Spoiled Sit At Home In Anambra State - PHOTOS / Biafra: Little Boy Rocks Nnamdi Kanu's Fendi Dress In Total Solidarity.

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 84
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.