Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,757 members, 7,817,092 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 04:42 AM

AT Light Permanently On - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / AT Light Permanently On (841 Views)

What Can I Do To Resolve CEL Issue Permanently? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

AT Light Permanently On by asapeola(m): 6:12pm On Aug 04, 2019
Hello Car gurus,
I drive a Mazda 6 2005 sport and its been hell for the past two months. First, I was advised to change the shaft due to some cranky noise anytime I made a sharp turn. Then the AT light comes on often which makes the car to seriously drag anytime I move d car from rest or maybe in traffic. Sometimes tho when I park it for sometime the AT light is off n d car accelerates normally but immediately I hit a bump, d light comes on again. Second, I do experience loss of power when am accelerating at maybe 40km/h, the electrician has advised I change the entire fuel pump unit. Abeg help a brother cos this wahala can be very depressing especially when ur new in an area the mechanics here r only used to Toyota. I have scanned d car twice and these r d error codes: p0340, p0032, p2004, p0126. But I have realised that these guys can't even resolve these codes. Abeg make una advise me on the specifics to do to get this car back in shape.
Many thanks.
Re: AT Light Permanently On by autofixng: 6:35pm On Aug 04, 2019
U need to follow the codes in resolving ur car problems, it's better to even run a further scan on the transmission to get d actual fault code from the transmission. The lose of power on Mazda can be cause by the cam code related issue.
Re: AT Light Permanently On by FLAKARIBE(m): 6:39pm On Aug 04, 2019
P0340 is crankshaft position sensor.
Do yourself a favour, go online and make research, watch YouTube videos, read.
So many online materials.
Then you can put your Kareem(mecho) on the right track
P...
P...
Bro, just type the above code and read up. No macho can bambuzu you when you know your stuffs. Start like this and you get better as you go by.
And then you guide them along. (Mechanic)
All the best.

1 Like

Re: AT Light Permanently On by FLAKARIBE(m): 6:51pm On Aug 04, 2019
P2004 intake manifold stuck open in bank 1.
This has to do with airflow, air fuel mixture...
Can will run roughly, I can just imagine.
Bro, watch you tube videos on repairs then either show your mecho or guide him appropriately

P0032 oxygen sensor bank 1

P0126 faulty thermostat, low coolant levels.
Any overheating, did you remove the thermostat, did you connect fan direct, add another cooling fan, bigger radiator with water alone inside ?

1 Like

Re: AT Light Permanently On by FLAKARIBE(m): 6:54pm On Aug 04, 2019
Mazda, speed 6 is a speed demon.
Highly underrated and a sleeper.
Take care of it bro.

1 Like

Re: AT Light Permanently On by asapeola(m): 7:23pm On Aug 04, 2019
I swear bro! When in full flight, this car is something else. Very underrated is very apt. Thanks for your advise tho. I go try study more on the codes.
Re: AT Light Permanently On by asapeola(m): 7:28pm On Aug 04, 2019
FLAKARIBE:
P2004 intake manifold stuck open in bank 1.
This has to do with airflow, air fuel mixture...
Can will run roughly, I can just imagine.
Bro, watch you tube videos on repairs then either show your mecho or guide him appropriately

P0032 oxygen sensor bank 1

P0126 faulty thermostat, low coolant levels.
Any overheating, did you remove the thermostat, did you connect fan direct, add another cooling fan, bigger radiator with water alone inside ?

***no over heating but d fan is direct. Its only in Nigeria kazeem go dey follow owner argue. I have told him I want the thermostat replaced n he keeps discouraging me. The radiator water level dey scare me sef cos it hadn't gone down in like two months but d guy said its OK. Lol I just weak
Re: AT Light Permanently On by TRYGO(m): 9:18pm On Aug 04, 2019
I don't see anything wrong with this car.

1. the A/T being lit could be that the transmission fluid on that car is low, leading yo that transmission system getting heated up.
It could be when your guys replaced the driveshaft, some quantity of fluids were lost.
Have that checked.

Alternatively, since did said the light comes on only when you go through bumps, that tells me it might be related to a loose connector on the transmission system on the outside of it.

Can your electrician check the harness on the transmission system if any has being mistakenly unplugged?

2. loss of power is related yo the crankshaft sensor code, and not the fuel pump.

Here's what you do:
Clear those codes, and immediately drive. Any improvements in power, tells you where the problem is already.

Always be observant as you drive the car, and take note when that code comes on, and if you loose any power.

Don't just abruptly start replacing the crankshaft sensor, without checking the wiring, and its connectors properly.

Replaced the sensor as a last resort.

3. For the thermostat related code, its because the car's thermostat has being removed by those guys, and the fan right now, runs with KOI(key on ignition), which is wrong.

That's the reason for the code coming on.

4. The o2s code might be due to wiring on the o2s circuitry, etc.
Don't replaced the sensor yet.
Have everything checked before doing so.

5. DON'T REPLACED THE FUEL PUMP YET. NOT NECESSARY.

Hope pieces of advice helps you resolved your issues.

Regards,
Joseph (08066643532)
DW Nig Ltd
Isolo,
Lagos

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

[b]why Honda Is Highly Preferred Among Auto Geeks[/b] / Importance Of Convex Side Mirrors In A Car / Hello Nairalandian!! Please Link Me

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.