Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,606 members, 7,812,988 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 01:48 AM

MTN Nigeria Drags FIRS To Tribunal Over Taxation Of N330bn Fine - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / MTN Nigeria Drags FIRS To Tribunal Over Taxation Of N330bn Fine (7144 Views)

Shareholders Funds Wiped Out As MTN Nigeria Incurs N740bn FOREX Losses / MTNN Drags FIRS To Tribunal, Says N1.7tr Tax Paid Since 2001 / The Burden Of Over-taxation On Nigerian Businesses (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

MTN Nigeria Drags FIRS To Tribunal Over Taxation Of N330bn Fine by Ravon: 9:05am On Aug 05, 2019
MTN Nigeria Communications Plc has said its tax dispute with the Federal Inland Revenue Service (FIRS) is before the Tax Tribunal set up by FIRS Chairman, Tunde Fowler and Minister of Finance, and are awaiting a decision.

In a statement, the telco said: “Our attention has been drawn to media reports regarding the status of taxes relating to the 2015 fine imposed on MTN Nigeria Communications Plc (MTN). We acknowledge that there is a technical disagreement between MTN and the Federal Inland Revenue Service (FIRS) as to how the fine should be treated for tax purposes. However, while the monies have been paid to FIRS, we have taken the disagreement to the Tax Tribunal set up by FIRS Chairman and Minister of Finance, and are awaiting a decision.”

“MTN remains fully compliant with Nigerian tax laws and will abide by the findings of the tribunal. The company is committed to meeting its fiscal responsibilities and contributing to the social and economic development of Nigeria.”

Since incorporation in 2001, MTN has invested more than N2 trillion into the economy and has paid more than N1.7 trillion in taxes, levies and other regulatory fees.

SOURCE: https://brandspurng.com/2019/08/05/mtn-nigeria-drags-firs-to-tribunal-over-taxation-of-n330bn-fine/

Re: MTN Nigeria Drags FIRS To Tribunal Over Taxation Of N330bn Fine by MANNABBQGRILLS: 9:15am On Aug 05, 2019
MTN remains fully compliant with Nigerian tax laws and will abide by the findings of the tribunal. The company is committed to meeting its fiscal responsibilities and contributing to the social and economic development of Nigeria.”
.....and this case lingers on and on.
We hope to get to the root of this matter soonest.

MTN should do normal please.
We know how much they are raking from Nigerians day in day out.

PAY YOUR TAX!

7 Likes 3 Shares

Re: MTN Nigeria Drags FIRS To Tribunal Over Taxation Of N330bn Fine by kes4glory(m): 9:15am On Aug 05, 2019
Hello
Re: MTN Nigeria Drags FIRS To Tribunal Over Taxation Of N330bn Fine by Lionsbet: 9:15am On Aug 05, 2019
Maybe if they give us Biafra and quit being Nigerians, just maybe Igbos won't be massacred in S/A.

As it is, Nigeria is associated with doom. I see doom on the national flag. The clouds over the nation spells doom.

Ask me a country that is not working, i'll tell you it is one with a nitwitted herdsmanic Fulani tyrant under its tutelage.

See my signature.

1 Like

Re: MTN Nigeria Drags FIRS To Tribunal Over Taxation Of N330bn Fine by Lionsbet: 9:16am On Aug 05, 2019
Let the South unite against the numerically advantaged North.

No, the stupid egocentric west wants to play power sharing game with the fvcking North.

I'm watching, 2023 is just around the corner.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: MTN Nigeria Drags FIRS To Tribunal Over Taxation Of N330bn Fine by Flamzey00(m): 9:16am On Aug 05, 2019
Please can someone direct me to where to sell Nigeria at cheaper rate. I’M tired of hearing billions and millions announced on set.

1 Like

Re: MTN Nigeria Drags FIRS To Tribunal Over Taxation Of N330bn Fine by jieta: 9:17am On Aug 05, 2019
Is just a matter of time before MTN run away from Nigeria.

12 Likes

Re: MTN Nigeria Drags FIRS To Tribunal Over Taxation Of N330bn Fine by nairalandic(m): 9:17am On Aug 05, 2019
mtn eh
Re: MTN Nigeria Drags FIRS To Tribunal Over Taxation Of N330bn Fine by vecman22(m): 9:17am On Aug 05, 2019
They better pay up, we no wan hear stories or they should pack their bags and go

3 Likes

Re: MTN Nigeria Drags FIRS To Tribunal Over Taxation Of N330bn Fine by eben1marketer: 9:18am On Aug 05, 2019
cheesy
Re: MTN Nigeria Drags FIRS To Tribunal Over Taxation Of N330bn Fine by ken6488(m): 9:18am On Aug 05, 2019
Pay up

GLO nor Carry ona go court

1 Like

Re: MTN Nigeria Drags FIRS To Tribunal Over Taxation Of N330bn Fine by pastie(m): 9:18am On Aug 05, 2019
pay your debt period.

3 Likes

Re: MTN Nigeria Drags FIRS To Tribunal Over Taxation Of N330bn Fine by panch001(m): 9:19am On Aug 05, 2019
Oya hit me.
Re: MTN Nigeria Drags FIRS To Tribunal Over Taxation Of N330bn Fine by yemzzy22(m): 9:19am On Aug 05, 2019
MTN and their whala all the time my Airtel serves me well
Re: MTN Nigeria Drags FIRS To Tribunal Over Taxation Of N330bn Fine by jerryBoss1(m): 9:19am On Aug 05, 2019
Stupid network
Rather than paying up and apologising to Nigerians for all your crooked acts instead you have the guts to talk nonsense. Nigeria is a stupid country that's why they take our system and institutions for granted because our leaders have eaten our pride for few dollars and conspire with outsiders to steal and humiliate our country . Someday #REVOLUTION the fear most will and shall happen then we'll pay south Africans living here for their xenophobic action on our people.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: MTN Nigeria Drags FIRS To Tribunal Over Taxation Of N330bn Fine by Kingbenn(m): 9:20am On Aug 05, 2019
Please rejoice and show me love Cox today is my birthday

3 Likes

Re: MTN Nigeria Drags FIRS To Tribunal Over Taxation Of N330bn Fine by chloride6: 9:21am On Aug 05, 2019
grin grin grin grin grin

This MTM guys sha
Re: MTN Nigeria Drags FIRS To Tribunal Over Taxation Of N330bn Fine by Imperare(f): 9:21am On Aug 05, 2019
vecman22:
They better pay up, we no wan hear stories or they should pack their bags and go
If they go, which network can replace them? They are the best

1 Like 1 Share

Re: MTN Nigeria Drags FIRS To Tribunal Over Taxation Of N330bn Fine by vecman22(m): 9:23am On Aug 05, 2019
Imperare:

Airtel is not doing bad..we go manage our glo join

3 Likes

Re: MTN Nigeria Drags FIRS To Tribunal Over Taxation Of N330bn Fine by lomprico(m): 9:24am On Aug 05, 2019
but they were quick to cut off glo because of interconectivity fee. una must pay o.

4 Likes

Re: MTN Nigeria Drags FIRS To Tribunal Over Taxation Of N330bn Fine by DameB(f): 9:24am On Aug 05, 2019
Onígbèsè everywhere.
We subscribers pay as we go so MTN pay up jare... Nigeria dey find money badly
Hemteehem...

2 Likes

Re: MTN Nigeria Drags FIRS To Tribunal Over Taxation Of N330bn Fine by nelcliff(m): 9:24am On Aug 05, 2019
MTN that has been milking us since time immemorial now dragging our FIRS to Tribunal?

Wonder shall never end

Check my signature if you want to start making that sells today..

3 Likes

Re: MTN Nigeria Drags FIRS To Tribunal Over Taxation Of N330bn Fine by KelB(m): 9:24am On Aug 05, 2019
Get a friend that informs you when bitcion rises.. Massive cash out in a jiffy cheesy
Re: MTN Nigeria Drags FIRS To Tribunal Over Taxation Of N330bn Fine by gaskiyamagana: 9:25am On Aug 05, 2019
Imperare:

Best in exploitation.

2 Likes

Re: MTN Nigeria Drags FIRS To Tribunal Over Taxation Of N330bn Fine by kayusely70(m): 9:25am On Aug 05, 2019
MTN should pay up, the company is making a lot of money by exploiting Nigerians with all kinds of gimmick.

2 Likes

Re: MTN Nigeria Drags FIRS To Tribunal Over Taxation Of N330bn Fine by SheikhMuniru(m): 9:27am On Aug 05, 2019
MTN Drags FIRS To Election Tribunal
Re: MTN Nigeria Drags FIRS To Tribunal Over Taxation Of N330bn Fine by anyimontana(m): 9:27am On Aug 05, 2019
Abeg they should pay...the ripoff from your data alone will take care of it

1 Like

Re: MTN Nigeria Drags FIRS To Tribunal Over Taxation Of N330bn Fine by yomalex(m): 9:29am On Aug 05, 2019
Okay
Re: MTN Nigeria Drags FIRS To Tribunal Over Taxation Of N330bn Fine by Hoodbilonia: 9:30am On Aug 05, 2019
1 thing about mtn is Bleep. load 10k and download. U go trip for mtn curse smile
But i dare u to sub for data.
I said it zaps fastest than v12 engine
Bunch of bastardised thieves

3 Likes

Re: MTN Nigeria Drags FIRS To Tribunal Over Taxation Of N330bn Fine by tomdon(m): 9:42am On Aug 05, 2019
cheesy

Funny stuff
Dem de tax fine again. Chai
MTN and their lies. They should better get better auditors to explain things to them.
They do worse to their subscribers and carry all the money to SA so I hope they are taxed for the fine amount
Re: MTN Nigeria Drags FIRS To Tribunal Over Taxation Of N330bn Fine by Igbudu1: 9:44am On Aug 05, 2019
Make EMPTY HEN cover their mouth !

have they forgotten how they advertised on their recharge cards to bring in this govt into place ?

they havent seen nothing yet!

1 Like

Re: MTN Nigeria Drags FIRS To Tribunal Over Taxation Of N330bn Fine by sylve11: 9:46am On Aug 05, 2019
jieta:
Is just a matter of time before MTN run away from Nigeria.

funny enough, thats when we shall see the real glo. Indigenous stuffs are normally not handled properly. I don't know why! cool

2 Likes

(1) (2) (Reply)

Does Anyone Know About Hair Shampoo And Conditioner Production / Entrepreneur Quotes And Sayings / Need To Know Of some Nigerian Car Leasing Companies.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.