Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,601 members, 7,812,967 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 12:11 AM

#revolutionnow: Why Are You Not Supporting The Protest? - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / #revolutionnow: Why Are You Not Supporting The Protest? (621 Views)

Aisha Yesufu Reacts To Tweet Of Adamu Supporting The Death Of Deborah / RevolutionNow Organizer Releases List Of Demands, Vows To Go Ahead With Protest / Nnamdi Kanu Reacts To Omoyele Sowore’s Arrest By DSS Over #revolutionnow Protest (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

#revolutionnow: Why Are You Not Supporting The Protest? by Nobody: 9:11am On Aug 05, 2019
What do Nigerians really want? Are we so comfortable with the unemployment, bad economy, fulani herdsmen killings, inflation, hardship that is ravaging our country?

Do we like the way things are going in the country?

Before now, we have been complaining about the ills in the country, now there's an opportunity for a protest, to let the government know we are not happy, to let them know thatvwe need things to change for good........but what did we do or what have we decided to do with the opportunity? A lot of us are against it. Some are even tribalizing it; saying igbos are not part of it. Is the economy affecting a particular tribe or all Nigerians?
Why are we so comfortable in our sufferings?

I respect NwaAmaikpe's submission about sowore's hypocrisy, but I think we should look beyond sowore. Yes, he started this, but then he was just an instrument for the startup. Someone else could have started it.

I think every Nigerian that is not happy with the situation of things in the country should be part of this protest, unless of course we are happy in this dwindling economy, then we should all just sit and watch our economy go down the drain.

1 Like

Re: #revolutionnow: Why Are You Not Supporting The Protest? by Lordave: 9:14am On Aug 05, 2019
75% of Nairaland members and commenters are imbeciles.

Most of them fully supported"Occupy Nigeria" just because of a single economic decision, now that inflation has doubled, Naira still getting weak, avoidable deaths increase at alarming rates week by week, and we have an idiotic president who doesn't give a damn about the plight of Nigerians, a lifeless, haggard looking neanderthal who doesn't deem Nigerians fit and worthy of his attention, who barely address those who foolishly elected him without going through Garbage Shehu and Shame Adesina, they now know the real meaning of revolution, they cower at the mention of protest, they fear for their miserable lives which could be terminated at anytime by either Herdsmen, Biko Haram, bad roads, filthy health care system, or even hunger.

Aren't Nigerians cowardly blessed to suffer to their graves?

1 Like

Re: #revolutionnow: Why Are You Not Supporting The Protest? by Nobody: 9:15am On Aug 05, 2019
Nigeria is beyond redemption. we have two options. status quo or a revolution leading to chaos. if a revolution starts(which is not possible) Boko haram takes over NE, niger delta militants takes over oil installations, middle belt people take over their zone. the whole country becomes a somalia or a south sudan. an sane nigeria should be looking for how to emigrate. The case of nigeria is like someone with terminal cancer he has no chance of survival. so protest is a futile effort. did 14m or so people not vote for buhari
Re: #revolutionnow: Why Are You Not Supporting The Protest? by Davash222(m): 9:18am On Aug 05, 2019
Because Sowore collected money from APC to bring down Jonathan via Sahara reporters in 2015. He’s one of the people that brought this menace he wants to revolt against.

8 Likes 2 Shares

Re: #revolutionnow: Why Are You Not Supporting The Protest? by chiagozien(m): 9:20am On Aug 05, 2019
Because am not yoruba.

3 Likes

Re: #revolutionnow: Why Are You Not Supporting The Protest? by chibyke02(m): 9:21am On Aug 05, 2019
1984och:
What do Nigerians really want? Are we so comfortable with the unemployment, bad economy, fulani herdsmen killings, inflation, hardship that is ravaging our country?

Before now, we have been complaining about the ills in the country, now there's an opportunity for a protest, to let the government know we are not happy, to let them know thatvwe need things to change for good........but what did we do or what have we decided to do with the opportunity? A lot of us are against it. Some are even tribalizing it; saying igbos are not part of it. Is the economy affecting a particular tribe or all Nigerians?

I respect NwaAmaikpe's submission about sowore's hypocrisy, but I think we should look beyond sowore. Yes, he started this, but then he was just an instrument for the startup. Someone else could have started it.

I think every Nigerian that is not happy with the situation of things in the country should be part of this protest, unless of course we are happy in this dwindling economy, then we should all just sit and watch our economy go down the drain.

There's nothing like protest in my area but am really interested in joining the #RevolutionNow protest, so am doing my own in my social media accounts for now till I see other come out. I Stand with #RevolutionNow
Re: #revolutionnow: Why Are You Not Supporting The Protest? by netpro(m): 9:24am On Aug 05, 2019
Because a failed Politician wants to overthrow a duly elected government under pretense.

He wants to open another GoFundMe account after ripping off 150 million naira from supporters for his failed campaign.

Because like Atiku, Sowore is angling for 2023 presidential agenda.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: #revolutionnow: Why Are You Not Supporting The Protest? by Chibuzoc(m): 9:28am On Aug 05, 2019
Because we had the opportunity by boycotting the election but una asi mba. I giveup
Re: #revolutionnow: Why Are You Not Supporting The Protest? by Eteka1(m): 9:28am On Aug 05, 2019
No
Re: #revolutionnow: Why Are You Not Supporting The Protest? by NwaAmaikpe: 9:29am On Aug 05, 2019
shocked

Nigerians have not learnt.
Nigeria could have revolted through their choices at the ballots.

The majority supported this administration despite having tasted its first 4 years of cluelessness.

Now they want to use people to score personal goals.
We all know the secret intent of all protest conveners... From Tai Solarin to Oby Ezekwesili, from Charly Boy and now Sowore.

No way.

12 Likes 4 Shares

Re: #revolutionnow: Why Are You Not Supporting The Protest? by binsanni(m): 9:30am On Aug 05, 2019
Lordave:
75% of Nairaland members and commenters are imbeciles.

Most of them fully supported"Occupy Nigeria" just because of a single economic decision, now that inflation has doubled, Naira still getting weak, avoidable deaths increase at alarming rates week by week, and we have an idiotic president who doesn't give a damn about the plight of Nigerians, a lifeless, haggard looking neanderthal who doesn't deem Nigerians fit and worthy of his attention, who barely address those who foolishly elected him without going through Garbage Shehu and Shame Adesina, they now know the real meaning of revolution, they cower at the mention of protest, they fear for their miserable lives which could be terminated at anytime by either Herdsmen, Biko Haram, bad roads, filthy health care system, or even hunger.

Aren't Nigerians cowardly blessed to suffer to their graves?

Re: #revolutionnow: Why Are You Not Supporting The Protest? by tillaman(m): 9:38am On Aug 05, 2019
Look the revolution Now movement will
Only cause more havoc to our already failed country, let everyone go by their daily businesses, see ehn one gunshot in the air everybody go Gbaga, it will be shoes,Caps, placards and cardboard papers that will litter the streets after a single shot in the air
No one really wants to die, atleast not for this country
Those policemen are blood thirsty trigger happy nut jobs who wouldn’t hesitate to shot any one and come up
With stories like the protesters were all armed with petrol bombs, Molotov cocktails and so on! Sowore is shady
Re: #revolutionnow: Why Are You Not Supporting The Protest? by Nobody: 9:43am On Aug 05, 2019
1984och:
[s]What do Nigerians really want? Are we so comfortable with the unemployment, bad economy, fulani herdsmen killings, inflation, hardship that is ravaging our country?

I think every Nigerian that is not happy with the situation of things in the country should be part of this protest, unless of course we are happy in this dwindling economy, then we should all just sit and watch our economy go down the drain.[/s]

Afonja, go and fight your revolution. The time you are wasting on keyboard, typing would have defeated a regiment.

4 Likes

Re: #revolutionnow: Why Are You Not Supporting The Protest? by Nobody: 9:43am On Aug 05, 2019
Nigerians are crying on other thread wishing they can get visa and run away from nigeria.... begging god to help them

THEN SOWORE BRINGS REVOLUTION PROTEST

Same Nigerians said which one be revolution is it in our Constitution?

Which government will stand aside and watch someone bring REVOLUTION in their government

Nigerians are fools, dumb dumbs, idiots, nincompoops, block heads, buffoons, dunce, ignoramus, dolts, dullards, imbeciles, clods, cretins

3 Likes

Re: #revolutionnow: Why Are You Not Supporting The Protest? by Officialgarri: 9:44am On Aug 05, 2019
NwaAmaikpe:
shocked

Nigerians have not learnt.
Nigeria could have revolted through their choices at the ballots.

The majority supported this administration despite having tasted its first 4 years of cluelessness.

Now they want to use people to score personal goals.
We all know the secret intent of all protest conveners... From Tai Solarin to Oby Ezekwesili, from Charly Boy and now Sowore.

No way.
You are shady. You are personally not supporting the protest because you think you are getting back at Nigerians for casting their votes in favor of Buhari.
Your intent is very clear. You are the "we must reap what we sow type"..

That being said, the organizers and participants of this protests are majorly losers who haven't recovered from the election loss

1 Like

Re: #revolutionnow: Why Are You Not Supporting The Protest? by Nobody: 9:44am On Aug 05, 2019
1984och:
[s]What do Nigerians really want? Are we so comfortable with the unemployment, bad economy, fulani herdsmen killings, inflation, hardship that is ravaging our country?

I think every Nigerian that is not happy with the situation of things in the country should be part of this protest, unless of course we are happy in this dwindling economy, then we should all just sit and watch our economy go down the drain.[/s]

Afonja, go and fight your revolution. The time you are wasting on keyboard, typing and calling on Igbos to lead you would have defeated a regiment. According to Julius Malema...Afonjas are Keyboard Revoluntionaries!

2 Likes

Re: #revolutionnow: Why Are You Not Supporting The Protest? by landforeast(m): 9:49am On Aug 05, 2019
Am I the one that brought the Tyrant to power in the first place. The region that brought him to power should remove him shekena.

Useless Country tyrant dey on his own Una go wakeam talk say na Messiah now you want to remove the same messiah.

I will join the day you people start using your head.
Re: #revolutionnow: Why Are You Not Supporting The Protest? by Eiiko: 9:57am On Aug 05, 2019
If you think Nigeria is bad now, what do you think will happen when a government is removed?

A lot of people screaming revolution do not know the degree of havoc it can cause in a country like Nigeria.

Before you cry revolution, have you even thought of a functional transition government and who the better choice of a leader will be ?

1 Like

Re: #revolutionnow: Why Are You Not Supporting The Protest? by donmarinz: 10:42am On Aug 05, 2019
Because it is political motivated protest. It stand to serve the interest of some elite and sowore political ambitious. How can someone that contested for the position of President in February this year and lost woefully and accepted the outcome of the election results by congratulating the winner. However after few weeks into the administration, now said that he want to start a revolution now. I stand to be corrected, he couldn't win his senatorial district in the just concluded presidential election but want to lead masses for revolution now. Revolution my foot...
Re: #revolutionnow: Why Are You Not Supporting The Protest? by OdumegwuOjukwu: 10:44am On Aug 05, 2019
Since the current government is self inflicted injury, it appears the verdict is:

"Nigerians, keep quiet and suffer!"
Re: #revolutionnow: Why Are You Not Supporting The Protest? by Nobody: 10:48am On Aug 05, 2019
johndoexxx:

Afonja, go and fight your revolution. The time you are wasting on keyboard, typing and calling on Igbos to lead you would have defeated a regiment. According to Julius Malema...Afonjas are Keyboard Revoluntionaries!

I am a full fleshed igbo man. Nwafor igbo. An Enugu indigene. I am a Nigerian and I support the protest whole heartedly. It will interest you to know that I was part of the protest in front of the National stadium, Lagos before we were dispersed.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: #revolutionnow: Why Are You Not Supporting The Protest? by Emotionss: 11:00am On Aug 05, 2019
Oga for this revolution to be a success, you guys Need to have the mentality of IPOB guys and the determination of IMN members anything less than that will not work.

3 Likes

Re: #revolutionnow: Why Are You Not Supporting The Protest? by Nobody: 11:07am On Aug 05, 2019
Because at the end of the day., it would be used by PDP to get into power in 2023...just like the forces that founded APC used Occupy Nigeria and the anti-fuel subsidy protests to get into power in 2015.

Because some tribes won't support it....because their interests are being met in this government, just as some tribes did not support the protests movements in 2012.

The truth is, Nigerians protest...only when their side is in the loser's seat. When their side is winning, they sit down and enjoy their suffering. When their side is losing, they protest., and even make speeches about how things need to change....

Nigerians want to chop. So long as they are chopping, suffering is 'bearable'
Re: #revolutionnow: Why Are You Not Supporting The Protest? by IGBOSON1: 11:16am On Aug 05, 2019
Because 'one Nigeria' has been hijacked and is in the clutches of the Fulani hegemony and their greedy enablers down south! Things ain't gonna change anytime soon if we just sit down and allow their preferred choice of rigged 4-yearly cycle of elections as the only means of effecting the radical change the country needs!

Edit: the above post is reason for supporting the protests! wink

1 Like

Re: #revolutionnow: Why Are You Not Supporting The Protest? by IGBOSON1: 11:18am On Aug 05, 2019
1984och:

I am a full fleshed igbo man. Nwafor igbo. An Enugu indigene. I am a Nigerian and I support the protest whole heartedly. It will interest you to know that I was part of the protest in front of the National stadium, Lagos before we were dispersed.

Nice one bros! wink

2 Likes

Re: #revolutionnow: Why Are You Not Supporting The Protest? by Niaja4real(m): 11:28am On Aug 05, 2019
Officialgarri:

You are shady. You are personally not supporting the protest because you think you are getting back at Nigerians for casting their votes in favor of Buhari.
Your intent is very clear. You are the "we must reap what we sow type"..

That being said, the organizers and participants of this protests are majorly losers who haven't recovered from the election loss
Just like Sowore perhaps?
Re: #revolutionnow: Why Are You Not Supporting The Protest? by Nobody: 11:30am On Aug 05, 2019
Eiiko:
If you think Nigeria is bad now, what do you think will happen when a government is removed?

A lot of people screaming revolution do not know the degree of havoc it can cause in a country like Nigeria.

Before you cry revolution, have you even thought of a functional transition government and who the better choice of a leader will be ?

A leader can't work in isolation and the constitution is backward and what about those crooks in the national assembly.

My friend go and read the demand for revolution before we suggesting something clueless.

How did we get here in the first place. People voted for him during his first tenure thinking he was the Messiah they need, what is the result.
Re: #revolutionnow: Why Are You Not Supporting The Protest? by Nobody: 11:31am On Aug 05, 2019
From most comments I read so far since morning, I have to conclude that we are not yet ready for a massive change.......it's so unfortunate how we have been confined to see suffering, insecurity ,being cheated on as a normal way of life. At times i feel disappointed being a Nigerian when I read some comments here on this forum......imagine some people bringing tribal colouration to this and so on,all these even makes me not to blame our leaders for all their ill treatment .We actually deserve whatever they do to us till we reek ourselves of ethnic, tribal, political and religious discrimination, till we are ready to have one voice,till we are ready to stand as one and fight for a common cause.
This is my humble submission
Re: #revolutionnow: Why Are You Not Supporting The Protest? by Fatherofdragons: 11:35am On Aug 05, 2019
1984och:

When people say igbos don't have sense it's because of people like you.

1 Like

Re: #revolutionnow: Why Are You Not Supporting The Protest? by 9jabull: 11:39am On Aug 05, 2019
Do they join Ipob when were protesting the answer is No.
Most of them including Sowere was in support of police & army killing of Ipob during our peaceful protest.
Most of them including Sowere campaigned for Buhari in 2014 now they want me to join them & remove him is not possible.
I can't protest for betterment of Nigeria but for Biafra, when they protest for one week then i will know they are serious.

#All hail Biafra.
Re: #revolutionnow: Why Are You Not Supporting The Protest? by Nobody: 12:54pm On Aug 05, 2019
Fatherofdragons:

When people say igbos don't have sense it's because of people like you.

Igbos have sense and they are industrious and hard working.

You are free to type whatever, it is the internet.

2 Likes 1 Share

(1) (Reply)

Abia-north: Tribunal Declares Supplementary Re-run / Nnamdi Kanu Praises CHUKWU OKIKE ABIAMA As He Arrives Geneva Switzerland / Goodluck Jonathan And His Team Observes the Mozambique Elections (photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 69
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.