Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,749 members, 7,817,077 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 03:31 AM

Umdigi A5 Vs Redmi 7 - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Umdigi A5 Vs Redmi 7 (2051 Views)

The Itel A70 Vs Redmi A3: Which Is Better? / The Umdigi A7 Pro I Bought On Jumia Is Not Browsing With Airtel / Xiaomi Redmi 7 User's Official Discussions Thread (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Umdigi A5 Vs Redmi 7 by dojnr4real: 3:47pm On Aug 06, 2019
Please guys I Want to buy a new phone. Please which of these should I go for. Thanks.
Re: Umdigi A5 Vs Redmi 7 by waleyp(m): 4:27pm On Aug 06, 2019
i am using redmi 7 and it is goodt ,you can go for it cos it is a goodt brand

1 Like

Re: Umdigi A5 Vs Redmi 7 by dojnr4real: 5:13pm On Aug 06, 2019
Thanks bro.. How much is the phone now
Re: Umdigi A5 Vs Redmi 7 by yungsmart(m): 5:26pm On Aug 06, 2019
In all honesty
Design & display----umidigi A5 pro fhd> hd

performance-- redmi 7 SD 632>helio p23 but both can handle heavy games at low graphics

Camera-- redmi 7 with an option to install gcam. but with the right OTA update umi A5 pro is good . umi A5 pro also has wide angle camera to take wide angle shots
I think there is also Gcam for umi

Battery-- Both but note umi A5 pro may not give higher SOT because of its fhd display

connectivity--- umi A5 pro it support glo 4g and it has gyroscope which redmi 7 is lacking.

Features--- redmi 7 it also has IR blaster to control appliances though miui(redmi) may have its downside with ads and aggressive ram management but it is still fine

Price--umidigi a5 pro #36k vs 44, 48k but if you want to get umi at that price you will have wait as hell but shortcut is 40k

Conclusion: they are both great device's at their price point but if you want to get redmi get the 3gb variant to avoid app force closure and aggressive ram management.

but if you want to get umidigi a5 pro get it and exercise patience because they've got great hardware but need software updates to perfect some things.
You can never go wrong with both and there is a reason they are the top 2 thread in the phone section

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Umdigi A5 Vs Redmi 7 by iamNegro(m): 5:38pm On Aug 06, 2019
The Redmi 7 trumps the umdigi a5 pro.
The umdigi a5 pro is a good buy.

the Redmi 7 gives you access to Gcam (Great pictures)
far better Cpu
better Glass protection
better battery performance
better tweaking ability
ir blaster
etc

They are many joor. for its price which is 35k on AliExpress, it is a great deal.

8 Likes

Re: Umdigi A5 Vs Redmi 7 by iamNegro(m): 5:39pm On Aug 06, 2019
realme 3 is better than redmi 7 specs wise. The Redmi 7 trumps in other areas though.

1 Like

Re: Umdigi A5 Vs Redmi 7 by dojnr4real: 6:21pm On Aug 06, 2019
yungsmart:
In all honesty

performance-- redmi 7 SD 632>helio p23 but both can handle heavy games at low graphics

Camera-- redmi 7 with an option to install gcam. but with the right OTA update umi A5 pro is good . umi A5 pro also has wide angle camera to take wide angle shots

Battery-- Both but note umi A5 pro may not give higher SOT because of its fhd display

connectivity--- umi A5 pro it support glo 4g and it has gyroscope which redmi 7 is lacking.

Features--- redmi 7 it also has IR blaster to control appliances though miui(redmi) may have its downside with ads and aggressive ram management but it is still fine

Price--umidigi a5 pro #36k vs 44, 48k but if you want to get umi at that price you will have wait as hell but shortcut is 40k

Conclusion: they are both great device's at their price point but if you want to get redmi get the 3gb variant to avoid app force closure and aggressive ram management.

but if you want to get umidigi a5 pro get it and exercise patience because they've got great hardware but need software updates to perfect some things.
You can never go wrong with both and there is a reason they are the top 2 thread in the phone section
thank you very much I really appreciate. I don't want to buy tecno brand again.

1 Like

Re: Umdigi A5 Vs Redmi 7 by dojnr4real: 6:22pm On Aug 06, 2019
iamNegro:
The Redmi 7 trumps the umdigi a5 pro.
The umdigi a5 pro is a good buy.

the Redmi 7 gives you access to Gcam (Great pictures)
far better Cpu
better Glass protection
better battery performance
better tweaking ability
ir blaster
etc

They are many joor. for its price which is 35k on AliExpress, it is a great deal.
Better glass protection than umi a5?
Re: Umdigi A5 Vs Redmi 7 by waleyp(m): 9:09pm On Aug 06, 2019
dojnr4real:
Thanks bro.. How much is the phone now
Re: Umdigi A5 Vs Redmi 7 by Joezik(m): 10:12pm On Aug 06, 2019
yungsmart:
In all honesty

Nice analysis

Are you sure umidigi a5 pro is 40k....bro
Re: Umdigi A5 Vs Redmi 7 by Joezik(m): 10:14pm On Aug 06, 2019
Redmi 7....based on experience
Re: Umdigi A5 Vs Redmi 7 by Silvani(m): 3:09am On Aug 07, 2019
yungsmart:
In all honesty

What is the shortcut to get Umidigi A5 Pro within a few days?

1 Like

Re: Umdigi A5 Vs Redmi 7 by sheggsliveth: 6:52am On Aug 07, 2019
yungsmart:
In all honesty

All what you said are right but Redmi 7 still gat a better camera and battery backup, I have Gcam but I hardly use it, the camera shot better I just think the Gcam is over hyped I used it because of the blur Len but not now that I know how to use blur lens in main camera I just dropped the Gcam....my battery serves me 2 days without charging

Re: Umdigi A5 Vs Redmi 7 by ityP(m): 6:58am On Aug 07, 2019
dojnr4real:
Please guys I Want to buy a new phone. Please which of these should I go for. Thanks.

Buy this phone instead.

Re: Umdigi A5 Vs Redmi 7 by ityP(m): 6:59am On Aug 07, 2019
sheggsliveth:

All what you said are right but Redmi 7 still gat a better camera and battery backup, I have Gcam but I hardly use it, the camera shot better I just think the Gcam is over hyped I used it because of the blur Len but not now that I know how to use blur lens in main camera I just dropped the Gcam....my battery serves me 2 days without charging

This is my choice too cos I'm a battery freak. If I was more interested in camera, Realme 3 is better
Re: Umdigi A5 Vs Redmi 7 by Dayo4real12: 7:06am On Aug 07, 2019
sheggsliveth:

Bro how can I use blur lens
Re: Umdigi A5 Vs Redmi 7 by sheggsliveth: 7:20am On Aug 07, 2019
ityP:

This is my choice too cos I'm a battery freak. If I was more interested in camera, Realme 3 is better

Just dey observe the battery it's stays for almost 40 min

Re: Umdigi A5 Vs Redmi 7 by sheggsliveth: 7:23am On Aug 07, 2019
ityP:

Buy this phone instead.

Realms too is a better option...it's a steal for the price running helio P the product is very popular in India and some parts in Asia

1 Like

Re: Umdigi A5 Vs Redmi 7 by yungsmart(m): 8:33am On Aug 07, 2019
Silvani:

What is the shortcut to get Umidigi A5 Pro within a few days?

yes if you want from seller here within few days but the official price is #36k on Aliexpress but you will have to wait Liike a month DAT is why I said shortcut is 40k from mizik Charlesjok3r and those who wants to sell in umidigi thread here.

Joezik:

Nice analysis

Are you sure umidigi a5 pro is 40k....bro

1 Like

Re: Umdigi A5 Vs Redmi 7 by HolyTitus(m): 9:48am On Aug 07, 2019
sheggsliveth:

Just dey observe the battery it's stays for almost 40 min
version10.3.1.0... Have you updated; how stable is the update??! Thanks
Re: Umdigi A5 Vs Redmi 7 by sheggsliveth: 12:06pm On Aug 07, 2019
HolyTitus:
version10.3.1.0... Have you updated; how stable is the update??! Thanks

It brought the update but I wasn't having enough data then but now it's not shown Ng it again

Re: Umdigi A5 Vs Redmi 7 by HolyTitus(m): 8:20pm On Aug 07, 2019
sheggsliveth:

It brought the update but I wasn't having enough data then but now it's not shown Ng it again
Thanks for the swift response; I still have the update prompting on my mine
Re: Umdigi A5 Vs Redmi 7 by sheggsliveth: 8:22pm On Aug 07, 2019
HolyTitus:
Thanks for the swift response; I still have the update prompting on my mine

Mine is not showing again

(1) (Reply)

List Of Funny App Ideas That Will Make You Laugh / What Kind Of Phone Can I Get For My Sister For 25k? / How To Get 10000 Followers On Facebook Fast And Free

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.