Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,195,008 members, 7,956,729 topics. Date: Monday, 23 September 2024 at 05:36 PM

Why Is That Nigerians Don't Watch Formula 1 - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Why Is That Nigerians Don't Watch Formula 1 (535 Views)

I Can't Believe There are Still Men Who Don't Watch Football. / Football Betting Strategy PDF - Winning Secrets (Formula 101) / Lewis Hamilton Is Proud To Be Classified Among The Greats Of Formula 1 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why Is That Nigerians Don't Watch Formula 1 by chumakk: 6:23pm On Aug 06, 2019
Why is that Nigerians don't watch F1? I saw how Ghanaians were so happy when Lewis Hamilton overtook Max...see the video on the F1 official IG page. Also why did dstv give f1 access to only premium subscribers?
Re: Why Is That Nigerians Don't Watch Formula 1 by Nobody: 6:26pm On Aug 06, 2019
We do actually

F1
Motor Gp
Rallies
Etc
Re: Why Is That Nigerians Don't Watch Formula 1 by drips8(m): 6:53pm On Aug 06, 2019
chumakk:
Why is that Nigerians don't watch F1? I saw how Ghanaians were so happy when Lewis Hamilton overtook Max...see the video on the F1 official IG page. Also why did dstv give f1 access to only premium subscribers?

Some of us do but we are just not a lot, some sports don't have a huge following such as rugby or cricket and I can't explain why

1 Like

Re: Why Is That Nigerians Don't Watch Formula 1 by MrBrownJay1(m): 7:39pm On Aug 06, 2019
There are a few people who do...but I guess the time of the race and ease to watch it from Nigeria (sundays is church day to many) thus may be the issue...

Here below is the long running F1 thread....
https://www.nairaland.com/1800268/formula-one-f1-official-seasonthread

1 Like

Re: Why Is That Nigerians Don't Watch Formula 1 by Nickisindigo(m): 8:24pm On Aug 06, 2019
I wish I can create a foundation that can encourage karting or company that can develop cricket league in Nigeria
Re: Why Is That Nigerians Don't Watch Formula 1 by Nobody: 8:19am On Aug 07, 2019
This is why...

1. Cos we are high on football. The best game in the www {I mean the whole wide world not worldwide web}. Take note, OP. smiley

2. F1 is not a sport! Heck, I don't know what it is but it hardly counts as a sport to me and I still don't understand what the buzz is over that goddamned show. It's just machines doing their thing.

3. The fact that the Ghanaians or Malians{whoever} love it, doesn't mean that we have to over here. We got our different tastes.
In Nigeria, you should know it is.

Roger that? sad
Re: Why Is That Nigerians Don't Watch Formula 1 by Nobody: 8:21am On Aug 07, 2019
Nickisindigo:
I wish I can create a foundation that can encourage karting or company that can develop cricket league in Nigeria

Cricket Lol...

It won't even fly. Take that from me. You are better off trying rugby.
Re: Why Is That Nigerians Don't Watch Formula 1 by Kirgyakos(m): 9:38am On Aug 07, 2019
futsal is a nice game but I don't think Nigerians have any idea of it.

next year is FIFA Futsal world cup, tune in and watch the magical Ricardino and a host of other top stars in the game.

I bet you'll enjoy it.

I just hope Naija qualities tho.�
Re: Why Is That Nigerians Don't Watch Formula 1 by chumakk: 9:00am On Aug 09, 2019
MrBrownJay1:
There are a few people who do...but I guess the time of the race and ease to watch it from Nigeria (sundays is church day to many) thus may be the issue...

Here below is the long running F1 thread....
https://www.nairaland.com/1800268/formula-one-f1-official-seasonthread
Thanks. Many of them seem not to play the game too

(1) (Reply)

Jamilu Collins: Facing Bayern Munich Was The Toughest Game Of My Career / Manchester United Coach Name Next January Target / Arsenal Fans Label Star Player As Best In The World After Performance

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.