Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,195,484 members, 7,958,469 topics. Date: Wednesday, 25 September 2024 at 02:58 PM

Ondo Bank Robbery: One Feared Dead, Five Injured - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Ondo Bank Robbery: One Feared Dead, Five Injured (39231 Views)

Ondo Bank Robbers Kill Journalist, Policeman, Okada Rider During Robbery / Graphic Photos From The Ondo Bank Robbery Attack / Robbers Attack Ondo Bank, Four Feared Dead (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Ondo Bank Robbery: One Feared Dead, Five Injured by Elchicolo: 6:39pm On Aug 06, 2019
One person reportedly lost his life, while five other persons sustained serious injury in a bank robbery at Iju-Itaogbolu in Akure North Local Government Area of Ondo State.

The deceased was said to be a staff of the bank which was located on Akure-Ado-Ekiti road, Iju.

This was not the first time armed robbers would raid the bank.

Eye witness said armed robbers numbering seven stormed the bank in the afternoon and entered the banking hall with force after breaking the metal detective door with a device suspected to be dynamite.

The bank robbery which lasted for about an hour rendered five customers of the bank severely injured.

Police Commissioner, Undie Adie said the robbers were confronted by Soldiers and Policemen.

He said his men were still in the bush searching for the bandits as at press time, stressing that he would give updates on his way back from the scene of the robbery.

Adie, however said they were able to foil the bandits’operation .

The Police Public Relations Officer (PPRO) for command, Femi Joseph who confirmed the robbery incident said men of the State Anti-Robbery Squad chased the robbers away.

He said the robbers forgot one of the vehicles at the bank as a result of the efforts of the Police.

Joseph said the Police were already investigating the incident and assured that the culprits would be apprehended soonest.

https://thenationonlineng.net/ondo-bank-robbery-one-feared-dead-five-injured/

4 Likes

Re: Ondo Bank Robbery: One Feared Dead, Five Injured by oyin44: 6:40pm On Aug 06, 2019
grin the Nigerian police and the criminals inside the bush with the stolen money not even in public place.well, wonders will never cease.

46 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Ondo Bank Robbery: One Feared Dead, Five Injured by Kingosytex(m): 6:44pm On Aug 06, 2019
Guys get mind o. Me carry gun and rob, God forbid. I can't try that, not even in my dreams.

36 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Ondo Bank Robbery: One Feared Dead, Five Injured by Garrieveryday: 7:12pm On Aug 06, 2019
Sad

Edited.

Please someone should sow a seed of Generator in my life. God will reward you richly and your sources shall never experience lack. Either new or used, as long as it's still working and can power freezer.

Please check this thread below.

https://www.nairaland.com/5342981/someone-please-sow-seed-generator

Thanks and God bless.

1 Like

Re: Ondo Bank Robbery: One Feared Dead, Five Injured by Amuocha: 7:12pm On Aug 06, 2019
First Bank

1 Like

Re: Ondo Bank Robbery: One Feared Dead, Five Injured by radiolover(m): 7:18pm On Aug 06, 2019
sadBoys are not smiling but no matter what, it is no justification to crime.

This is one car you shouldn't miss if you are looking for something affordable but nice and classic. Location is Ilorin, Kwara State. Buy and drive, that is. For more information, check this thread.

https://www.nairaland.com/5337985/mercedes-benz-s430-sale#80886330

Or call 08063386142

2 Likes

Re: Ondo Bank Robbery: One Feared Dead, Five Injured by thesicilian: 7:26pm On Aug 06, 2019
Did we really expect the police to be able to do anything about it?

2 Likes

Re: Ondo Bank Robbery: One Feared Dead, Five Injured by Amuocha: 7:26pm On Aug 06, 2019
Fulani Fulani Fulani Herdsmen
Re: Ondo Bank Robbery: One Feared Dead, Five Injured by qualityovenbake(m): 7:26pm On Aug 06, 2019
They will be caught.
Re: Ondo Bank Robbery: One Feared Dead, Five Injured by realestniggah: 7:26pm On Aug 06, 2019
This country is hard
Re: Ondo Bank Robbery: One Feared Dead, Five Injured by chiagozien(m): 7:27pm On Aug 06, 2019
yorubas
Re: Ondo Bank Robbery: One Feared Dead, Five Injured by emeijeh(m): 7:27pm On Aug 06, 2019
Ondo state and bank robbery na.....

Anyone, please attach Zuma meme for me

Amuocha:
First Bank
I heard it was Wema
Re: Ondo Bank Robbery: One Feared Dead, Five Injured by mixta140: 7:27pm On Aug 06, 2019
May almighty Allah help us for dis country.

For stubborn STD check my signature.

1 Like

Re: Ondo Bank Robbery: One Feared Dead, Five Injured by MANNABBQGRILLS: 7:27pm On Aug 06, 2019
This was not the first time armed robbers would raid the bank
What is it with this particular branch and robbery?
They need more security round the clock.

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Ondo Bank Robbery: One Feared Dead, Five Injured by evanso6226(f): 7:27pm On Aug 06, 2019
shocked shocked
Re: Ondo Bank Robbery: One Feared Dead, Five Injured by realestniggah: 7:27pm On Aug 06, 2019
Kingosytex:
Guys get mind o. Me carry gun and rob, God forbid. I can't try that, not even in my dreams.

Pray you never find yourself in that situation

You think you can never do something until you have to.

Abi no be person dey pack sh!t for sockaway pit.?
No be person dey work for mortuary?

4 Likes

Re: Ondo Bank Robbery: One Feared Dead, Five Injured by OTayobami(m): 7:27pm On Aug 06, 2019
The only solution to this country's problems is to reduce her President's, governor's, senator's, minister's, honourable's, chairman's, councillor's salary and allowances then you'll see patriotic people take over them sits and turn her situation around...... This is therefore called revolution

8 Likes

Re: Ondo Bank Robbery: One Feared Dead, Five Injured by seangy4konji: 7:27pm On Aug 06, 2019
Country tough
Re: Ondo Bank Robbery: One Feared Dead, Five Injured by ifymadu: 7:27pm On Aug 06, 2019
The deceased was said to be a staff of the bank which was located on Akure-Ado-Ekiti road, Iju.

So where have they relocated the bank to if it "was located on Akure-Ado-Ekiti road, Iju" before the robbery?

May the innocent soul of the departed rest in perfect peace and speedy recovery to the injured. May God heal the land...

1 Like

Re: Ondo Bank Robbery: One Feared Dead, Five Injured by SouthSouth1914: 7:28pm On Aug 06, 2019
Someone should add Nigeria to the list of 1,000 ways to die already!!

1 Like

Re: Ondo Bank Robbery: One Feared Dead, Five Injured by haryothosyn93(m): 7:29pm On Aug 06, 2019
The effect of unemployment
Re: Ondo Bank Robbery: One Feared Dead, Five Injured by GlobalTours: 7:30pm On Aug 06, 2019
Too much insecurity.

Someone you know needs this:
Do you urgently need visa to travel out affordably but you don't have required statement of ac? Contact me for your guaranteed visa before the current opportunity closes.
Re: Ondo Bank Robbery: One Feared Dead, Five Injured by pyro62(m): 7:30pm On Aug 06, 2019
Ondo state. Rivers state wanabee
Re: Ondo Bank Robbery: One Feared Dead, Five Injured by lexy2014: 7:30pm On Aug 06, 2019
thesicilian:
5 robbers robbed a bank in the city for close to one hour and not a single one of them was apprehended or shot dead.

How would they b apprehended or shot dead when they aren't part of Sowore revolution crew or members of Shiite

3 Likes

Re: Ondo Bank Robbery: One Feared Dead, Five Injured by Rotimi47: 7:31pm On Aug 06, 2019
oyin44:
grin the Nigerian police and the criminals inside the bush with the stolen money not even in public place.well, wonders will never cease.
For this buhari time! You too wise no be small. shocked

1 Like

Re: Ondo Bank Robbery: One Feared Dead, Five Injured by Rotimi47: 7:31pm On Aug 06, 2019
oyin44:
You too wise grin

1 Like

Re: Ondo Bank Robbery: One Feared Dead, Five Injured by dalass(f): 7:32pm On Aug 06, 2019
I thought the era of bank robbery was over.

And am sure even if the robbery took place for a whole day, Police won't show.....

But if its yahoo guys now...haaa grin grin grin

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

07/07 - Nairalander Thanks God For Life After Escaping Death A Year Ago. / Corpse At Toll Gate Ogun State Around Deeper Life Bible College / US Court To Sentence International Fraudster, Obinwanne Okeke Today

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.