Welcome, Guest: Join Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 2,637,693 members, 6,170,043 topics. Date: Friday, 26 February 2021 at 08:22 AM

US Court To Sentence International Fraudster, Obinwanne Okeke Today - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / US Court To Sentence International Fraudster, Obinwanne Okeke Today (37416 Views)

Obinwanne Okeke (Invictus Obi) Sentenced To 10 Years In Prison / U.S. Government Asks Court To Make Obinwanne Okeke A ‘Scapegoat’ / Obinwanne Okeke "InvictusObi" Pleads Guilty To ₦4.2 Billion Fraud (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

US Court To Sentence International Fraudster, Obinwanne Okeke Today by valentineuwakwe(m): 1:25am On Feb 16
An international fraudster , Obinwanne Okeke better known as Invictus , who was once listed on the Forbes Africa 30 Under 30 will on Tuesday (today ) be sentenced by a Virginia Court in the United States .

Okeke, who was on August 6, 2019 arrested by the Federal Bureau of Investigation , later pleaded guilty to two charges of Internet fraud in the US that caused $11m losses to his victims. He risks a maximum sentence of 20 years in jail.

The defendant who had investments in oil and gas, agriculture , private equity, alternative energy , telecom and real estate had operated his holdings under the ‘ Invictus Group’ and had presence in three countries including Nigeria, South Africa and Zambia.

The businessman , who was described as an inspiration to many Nigerian youths before he was exposed, is believed to have defrauded American citizens through fraudulent wire transfer instructions in a massive , coordinated , business e- mail compromise scheme.

Last December , a Federal High Court in Lagos ordered the permanent forfeiture of N235, 451, 969 found in his bank account.

source: https://punchng.com/us-court-sentences-international-fraudster-invictus-today/

3 Likes 3 Shares

Re: US Court To Sentence International Fraudster, Obinwanne Okeke Today by saheedbadmus(m): 1:36am On Feb 16
K o obi
Re: US Court To Sentence International Fraudster, Obinwanne Okeke Today by daddytime(m): 3:47am On Feb 16
Invictus Evictus

Greet Hushbingo you hear.

Thieves

OleGunnars

111 Likes 7 Shares

Re: US Court To Sentence International Fraudster, Obinwanne Okeke Today by Fuckingmallam45(m): 5:11am On Feb 16
K

2 Likes

Re: US Court To Sentence International Fraudster, Obinwanne Okeke Today by izzou(m): 5:11am On Feb 16
If he wasn't apprehended, he would have been advising people to work harder, pray harder and see him as a source of motivation.

Be a man bro. Stop gathering your village People to beg

Do the time cool

266 Likes 17 Shares

Re: US Court To Sentence International Fraudster, Obinwanne Okeke Today by Pavore9: 5:11am On Feb 16
Do the time.

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: US Court To Sentence International Fraudster, Obinwanne Okeke Today by bravetentewa(m): 5:12am On Feb 16
My prayers are with you ... May the verdict favor you

27 Likes

Re: US Court To Sentence International Fraudster, Obinwanne Okeke Today by Drsnives(m): 5:12am On Feb 16
Nawa
Re: US Court To Sentence International Fraudster, Obinwanne Okeke Today by macolino(m): 5:12am On Feb 16
Ok
Re: US Court To Sentence International Fraudster, Obinwanne Okeke Today by optimus106(m): 5:12am On Feb 16
I hope he still has millions stashed away coz its about to be a long ride.

16 Likes

Re: US Court To Sentence International Fraudster, Obinwanne Okeke Today by lavenderjade(m): 5:12am On Feb 16
Igbo Amaka

33 Likes 4 Shares

Re: US Court To Sentence International Fraudster, Obinwanne Okeke Today by Aplaudez(m): 5:12am On Feb 16
This is becoming out of hand, some people always conclude they cant make it without engaging in internet frauding!
God help us!!!

106 Likes 3 Shares

Re: US Court To Sentence International Fraudster, Obinwanne Okeke Today by bugatti02(m): 5:13am On Feb 16
shocked
Re: US Court To Sentence International Fraudster, Obinwanne Okeke Today by Pavore9: 5:13am On Feb 16
bravetentewa:
My prayers are with you ... May the verdict favor you

What will be a favourable verdict to him?

73 Likes 2 Shares

Re: US Court To Sentence International Fraudster, Obinwanne Okeke Today by Joysticks: 5:13am On Feb 16
Them plenty for APC.If you are for Buhari you are protected.

18 Likes

Re: US Court To Sentence International Fraudster, Obinwanne Okeke Today by MEGA4BILLION(m): 5:14am On Feb 16
Motivational speakers gang

56 Likes 5 Shares

Re: US Court To Sentence International Fraudster, Obinwanne Okeke Today by RichDad1(m): 5:14am On Feb 16
International developer.
Hope they will pick Ohadioha next tongue

10 Likes 4 Shares

Re: US Court To Sentence International Fraudster, Obinwanne Okeke Today by femi4: 5:14am On Feb 16
Invictfraud

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: US Court To Sentence International Fraudster, Obinwanne Okeke Today by LagosInter: 5:15am On Feb 16
Crime does not pay- lucky dube

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: US Court To Sentence International Fraudster, Obinwanne Okeke Today by olatade(m): 5:15am On Feb 16
wink

hmmmmmmmm.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: US Court To Sentence International Fraudster, Obinwanne Okeke Today by AustineCJ: 5:15am On Feb 16
If you can do the crime, be ready to do the time. There’s dignity in labor.

32 Likes 2 Shares

Re: US Court To Sentence International Fraudster, Obinwanne Okeke Today by Kingrefreshed: 5:16am On Feb 16

2 Likes

Re: US Court To Sentence International Fraudster, Obinwanne Okeke Today by Backtonairaland: 5:16am On Feb 16
this guy that year

look at my signature
Re: US Court To Sentence International Fraudster, Obinwanne Okeke Today by BUSHHUNTER: 5:16am On Feb 16

1 Like

Re: US Court To Sentence International Fraudster, Obinwanne Okeke Today by iambabaG: 5:16am On Feb 16
Mr Developer himself..
May you get what is due to you by a functional system.

16 Likes 4 Shares

Re: US Court To Sentence International Fraudster, Obinwanne Okeke Today by dsmooth1(m): 5:16am On Feb 16
Issorite
Re: US Court To Sentence International Fraudster, Obinwanne Okeke Today by Zico5(m): 5:16am On Feb 16
Will this make our youths to think twice? I don't think so. No wealth gotten through dubious act can last, I'm very sure of that. Though the beginning may be sweet but the end is destruction. I pray God open the eyes of our youths to see that legitimate living is the only way to prosperity.

43 Likes 3 Shares

Re: US Court To Sentence International Fraudster, Obinwanne Okeke Today by ECHICHE: 5:17am On Feb 16
Why going into Yahoo business if he has all these investment?

Doing legitimate business is key & safer

4 Likes

Re: US Court To Sentence International Fraudster, Obinwanne Okeke Today by bayadebayo: 5:17am On Feb 16
I don't Kn y yahoo biz dey sweet dem
Re: US Court To Sentence International Fraudster, Obinwanne Okeke Today by Virus99: 5:17am On Feb 16
In 2017, I saw him on a list of 'Forbe's under 30' most influential people in the world/Africa.

I was a young graduate then at age 23. I was depressed. Thinking about when I will be that successful. Or whether I will ever made that list before I am 30.

Hmmm I don't know. But then, I will rather not make that list than make the list and later languish in infamy .

74 Likes 5 Shares

Re: US Court To Sentence International Fraudster, Obinwanne Okeke Today by unitysheart(m): 5:17am On Feb 16
Hmmm. A lesson to all criminally inclined ones.

12 Likes 4 Shares

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Female Fraudster Arrested While On Honeymoon In Ghana / Transformer Thief In Borno Apprehended After Surviving Electrocution .. Graphic / Charley @yabaki, #ENDSARS Campaign Mastermind: SARS Threatens To Kill Him

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2021 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 271
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.