Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,995 members, 7,821,475 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 01:31 PM

I Saw Hell In Hands Of Herdsmen, Says Ayogu - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / I Saw Hell In Hands Of Herdsmen, Says Ayogu (1432 Views)

Chukwudimeme Onwuamadike: I Saw Hell In Hands Of Abba Kyari And His Boys / Enugu Monarch Supports Fulani Herdsmen Says 'Nobody Is Driving Them Away' / Ifeanyi Ugwuanyi And Ayogu Eze Hug Passionately (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

I Saw Hell In Hands Of Herdsmen, Says Ayogu by mgbadike81: 6:59am On Aug 07, 2019
I saw hell in hands of herdsmen, says Ayogu
ON AUGUST 6, 20198:00 AMIN NEWSBY TONY
By Ikechukwu Odu

Nsukka—Nathaniel Ayogu, younger brother of Enugu State’s former Commissioner for Environment, Ambassador Fidel Ayogu, has recounted his ordeal in the hands of herdsmen.

Nathaniel, who rejoined his family on Friday after he was freed by kidnappers, said he trekked on barefoot for three days in the bush without food or water.

He spoke to Vanguard at his country home, Egu Ego Umuopu, in Igbo-Eze North Local Government Area of the state yesterday, adding that he was tied to a tree and abandoned each time it rained, while his abductors covered themselves with waterproof materials.

Nathaniel said one of the gunmen told him that he joined kidnapping business to fend for himself, as his late father’s cattle were shared when he was still a teenager without him getting any, a situation which the gunman said exposed him to economic hardship.

However, while he has reunited with his family, his friend, late Job Ali, who was with him when the gunmen stormed his house was not lucky as he died last Thursday at the University of Nigeria Teaching Hospital, UNTH, Ituku Ozalla, from gunshot wound he sustained from the hoodlums.

Nathaniel told Vanguard: ”My friend, late Job Ali, visited me at about 5p.m. in the evening on the day I was kidnapped. We had finished drinking, when he told me that he wanted to leave.

“I pleaded with him to exercise patience so we can eat and stroll together. He just came out to ease himself and met the hoodlums. They started shooting sporadically and shot him on the stomach.

“I stood up when I heard the sound of gunshots. I noticed that they have cordoned off my house. They had Army , and AK-47 rifles. They were six in number. Then, I decided to run for my dear life.

“One of them chased me and threatened to shoot me. When I looked back, I saw one of them holding my child. This made me to come back to meet them.

“The one that chased me continued to threaten to shoot and I dispossessed him of the gun, but I fell down in the process and he collected it back from me.

“At that time, his members have ransacked my house, taking all my money. They started beating me with machetes and ordered me to follow them. I asked them where they were taking me to and they said ‘Let us go and see Oga’.

“They dragged me into the bush and we started the journey from there. This was happening at about 7p.m. in the evening.

“When we got to the bush, they told me that they were kidnappers and demanded that I should cooperate.

“They asked me to call my brothers, that was when I told them that I was the eldest son.They gave me my daughter’s phone, which they took from the house, and I called my wife to inform her that I am alive.”

https://www.vanguardngr.com/2019/08/i-saw-hell-in-hands-of-herdsmen-says-ayogu/
Re: I Saw Hell In Hands Of Herdsmen, Says Ayogu by aolawale025: 7:04am On Aug 07, 2019
Thanks to God he escaped with his life

1 Like

Re: I Saw Hell In Hands Of Herdsmen, Says Ayogu by Nobody: 7:04am On Aug 07, 2019
Is there another Fulani in this world that kidnap and kills people, Because this Fulani I always see re cow rearer and they re harmless, I don't know What they re up too but this one I always see re peaceful, Maybe I need too look at them properly .

1 Like 1 Share

Re: I Saw Hell In Hands Of Herdsmen, Says Ayogu by powerhouse3(m): 7:10am On Aug 07, 2019
Barbarian.... Fulani way of kidnapping is way outta it.

SO they first shot at their target, have CASUALTY and pick the surviving one as CAPTIVE...

2 Likes

Re: I Saw Hell In Hands Of Herdsmen, Says Ayogu by mgbadike81: 7:12am On Aug 07, 2019
Fulani herdsmen are gradually overruning Enugu state from Kogi and Benue States while the state governor is playing politics with Buhari. What the state needs is an anti -grazing law not forest guards. This man was kidnapped from his home o.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Saw Hell In Hands Of Herdsmen, Says Ayogu by Nemesis909: 7:15am On Aug 07, 2019
What would happen if Nigerians stopped paying ransom?
Re: I Saw Hell In Hands Of Herdsmen, Says Ayogu by KidsNEXTdoor: 7:19am On Aug 07, 2019
There is a big problem brewing

The rising insecurity will take the nation by storm and worse is that Buhari does not care ..

These herdsmen are Armed to the teeth and willing to unleash mayhem on the South

The only solution here is State police
Each region should be allowed to be in charge of its security.... Without this... Buhari and his goons will be playing politics with human lives...

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: I Saw Hell In Hands Of Herdsmen, Says Ayogu by KidsNEXTdoor: 7:21am On Aug 07, 2019
Nemesis909:

You think this kidnappers are all right in the head..

People who collect ransom and still go ahead to kill their victims...
Without paying ransoms... I think they will not only kill their victims but eat them

3 Likes

Re: I Saw Hell In Hands Of Herdsmen, Says Ayogu by Nemesis909: 7:22am On Aug 07, 2019
KidsNEXTdoor:

You think this kidnappers are all right in the head..

People who collect ransom and still go ahead to kill their victims...
Without paying ransoms... I think they will not only kill their victims but eat them

Did you read that they don't pay ransom in Ghana?
Re: I Saw Hell In Hands Of Herdsmen, Says Ayogu by mrvitalis(m): 7:22am On Aug 07, 2019
Protest against the governor is what enugu people need ,come out in number and ask him to resign

A smart governor cab create state police without needing legislative backing

We have sharia police ...u cab create ur own equivalent and protect ur people

Enugu people need to defend themselves ooh

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Saw Hell In Hands Of Herdsmen, Says Ayogu by KidsNEXTdoor: 7:25am On Aug 07, 2019
Nemesis909:

That's not to say that it will work in Nigeria
Re: I Saw Hell In Hands Of Herdsmen, Says Ayogu by RockHard: 7:26am On Aug 07, 2019
pinkPUSSY, what do you have to say about this unprecedented incident?? This poor man was attacked and kidnapped from his own house in Enugu. This is a very serious escalation. So Enugu people are no longer safe even in their own homes? Some days ago it was a labourer that was almost hacked to death at Awka and now this? Odiegwu o, pinkPUSSY.

3 Likes

Re: I Saw Hell In Hands Of Herdsmen, Says Ayogu by dokyOloye: 7:26am On Aug 07, 2019
Thiefnuubu, have you seen the cows?
The redeemed pastors only saw Evans.

1 Like

Re: I Saw Hell In Hands Of Herdsmen, Says Ayogu by KidsNEXTdoor: 7:28am On Aug 07, 2019
mrvitalis:
Protest against the governor is what enugu people need ,come out in number and ask him to resign
A smart governor cab create state police without needing legislative backing
We have sharia police ...u cab create ur own equivalent and protect ur people
Enugu people need to defend themselves ooh

Ugwuanyi is not a leader.. He's a living dunce who always play to the gallery
Can't believe Enugu will experience a wasted eight years after the good terms of chime.

2 Likes

Re: I Saw Hell In Hands Of Herdsmen, Says Ayogu by Nemesis909: 7:28am On Aug 07, 2019
KidsNEXTdoor:

That's not to say that it will work in Nigeria

Why not?

People are people worldwide.
Re: I Saw Hell In Hands Of Herdsmen, Says Ayogu by KidsNEXTdoor: 7:30am On Aug 07, 2019
Nemesis909:

Why not?
People are people worldwide.

Then Nigeria should be like South Africa or better
Re: I Saw Hell In Hands Of Herdsmen, Says Ayogu by KidsNEXTdoor: 7:31am On Aug 07, 2019
dokyOloye:
Thiefnuubu, have you seen the cows?
The redeemed pastors only saw Evans.

There is no redemption for a Yoruba Muslim like Tinubu... Quite a pity
Re: I Saw Hell In Hands Of Herdsmen, Says Ayogu by pinkPUSSY(f): 11:00am On Aug 07, 2019
RockHard:
pinkPUSSY, what do you have to say about this unprecedented incident?? This poor man was attacked and kidnapped from his own house in Enugu. This is a very serious escalation. So Enugu people are no longer safe even in their own homes? Some days ago it was a labourer that was almost hacked to death at Awka and now this? Odiegwu o, pinkPUSSY.

Let me repeat it once more..

If there is any herdsmen attack in Eastern region it shows that Igbos have been vindicated once again. Even when Buhari chose our son as a running mate different times we kept rejecting him because we know whom he is.
But immediately he chose your son, you guys got stuck in his @$$ as if your life depends on him shouting sai baber!, even when he's busy leading hundreds of your kinsmen to their early graves.
Mind you, if there is one attack by herdsmen in the East, 10 must have occurred in the west, yet you keep forming fake alliance with your masters even when you are dying inside.
If not for media coverage, you guys would have quickly and secretly buried your daughter that was killed by herdsmen last month in order to keep selling fake Northwest and SW alliance. Meanwhile I won't stop calling you guys out for your political stwwpidity you called sophistication
Very unfortunate !
Bye.

1 Like

Re: I Saw Hell In Hands Of Herdsmen, Says Ayogu by mgbadike81: 2:06pm On Aug 07, 2019
Nemesis909:
Fulani herdsmen would kill the hostages without remorse.
Re: I Saw Hell In Hands Of Herdsmen, Says Ayogu by mgbadike81: 2:09pm On Aug 07, 2019
Nemesis909:

Ghana that regularly deploy soldiers against Fulani herdsmen ( Google operation Cowleg 1 and 2). Even their current president launched another operation against Fulani herdsmen. So it's possible in Ghana because the government is not supporting those terrorists.
Re: I Saw Hell In Hands Of Herdsmen, Says Ayogu by Nemesis909: 2:16pm On Aug 07, 2019
mgbadike81:
Ghana that regularly deploy soldiers against Fulani herdsmen ( Google operation Cowleg 1 and 2). Even their current president launched another operation against Fulani herdsmen. So it's possible in Ghana because the government is not supporting those terrorists.

Stop talking nonsense.

I don't know what you lot benefit from your lies.

A recent case was an Akwa Ibom man that kidnapped 3 young girls.

He demanded ransom but the family never paid.

Truly he killed them but at the end no money was paid and that would be discouraging to your future brothers who wish to participate in it.
Re: I Saw Hell In Hands Of Herdsmen, Says Ayogu by 9jabull: 2:42pm On Aug 07, 2019
Until Ugwuanyi him self is kidnapped may be that's when he will send anti grazing bill to house of assembly.
Re: I Saw Hell In Hands Of Herdsmen, Says Ayogu by FarahAideed: 2:46pm On Aug 07, 2019
So they have left the highways and started going into homes to abduct people like I predicted
Re: I Saw Hell In Hands Of Herdsmen, Says Ayogu by ConqueredWest: 3:10pm On Aug 07, 2019
mgbadike81:
Fulani herdsmen are gradually overruning Enugu state from Kogi and Benue States while the state governor is playing politics with Buhari. What the state needs is an anti -grazing law not forest guards. This man was kidnapped from his home o.

Trash

You need forest guards to comb the forests of Fulani Terrorists.

(1) (Reply)

Even If Both PDP And APC Present An Ibo Candidate / Two Former Governors Exchange Hot Words At Sokoto Airport / Opinion: Tinubu Vs Amaechi, Who Stand A Better Chance For APC Next Elections

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.