Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,343 members, 7,819,209 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 12:48 PM

Absence Of Network Service At Alaba International Market, A Plea To Rectify It - Phones (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Absence Of Network Service At Alaba International Market, A Plea To Rectify It (9345 Views)

9mobile Lost Of Network Anyone Experience Same Issue / Border Closure: Telecom Operators Warn Of Network Disruptions / Best Network Service Around Egbeda [URGENT] (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Absence Of Network Service At Alaba International Market, A Plea To Rectify It by vivalavida(m): 11:22am On Aug 07, 2019
This is very very true. It's difficult putting a call across to someone in alaba.

1 Like

Re: Absence Of Network Service At Alaba International Market, A Plea To Rectify It by martinsaba: 11:26am On Aug 07, 2019
Onlinealaba:
For some months now network service has been so bad at Alaba international market, Ojo Lagos this has affected businesses of many traders in so many ways most times u will have to climb the tallest building to either make a call or send text, this issue is not peculiar to any particular service provider but all of the service providers MTN, GLO, AIRTEL ,9MOBILE we are pleading to all these service providers to come and rectify these as soon as possible and install enough telecommunications mast at strategic locations in the market .

A plea from a concerned trader

Please help push to front-page am sure those in-charge will do something about it

When you guys will not allow smooth running of the telecom base stations function efficiently...either diesel theft or equipment theft on base stations or area boys disturbing engineers carrying out maintenance work there with area boys money.

1 Like

Re: Absence Of Network Service At Alaba International Market, A Plea To Rectify It by Onlinealaba(m): 11:28am On Aug 07, 2019
martinsaba:

When you guys will not allow smooth running of the telecom base stations function efficiently...either diesel theft or equipment theft on base stations or area boys disturbing engineers carrying out maintenance work there with area boys money.
Sorry do u know where is called Alaba, u think is some sort of uncoordinated market

1 Like

Re: Absence Of Network Service At Alaba International Market, A Plea To Rectify It by Techsunny: 11:49am On Aug 07, 2019
Juju plenty fo dat market dey hijack the network.
Re: Absence Of Network Service At Alaba International Market, A Plea To Rectify It by kayceeukah007(m): 12:02pm On Aug 07, 2019
@op there has been some fluctuations with our airtel site there. The service has been going off and on for some while now and we are working on how it will be fixed permanently

1 Like

Re: Absence Of Network Service At Alaba International Market, A Plea To Rectify It by DapoAD: 12:14pm On Aug 07, 2019
This service providers need to contact Enextgen Wireless Limited, they provide customer experience testing across several states in Nigeria and provide feedback on problem areas.

1 Like

Re: Absence Of Network Service At Alaba International Market, A Plea To Rectify It by Nobody: 12:23pm On Aug 07, 2019
I thought is only those in phone accessories that where affected

1 Like

Re: Absence Of Network Service At Alaba International Market, A Plea To Rectify It by Mutemenot(m): 12:26pm On Aug 07, 2019
Very important .. It's not just months, it has been like that for years... Glo would have done better using this opportunity to beat other network within the market

1 Like

Re: Absence Of Network Service At Alaba International Market, A Plea To Rectify It by martinsaba: 12:30pm On Aug 07, 2019
Onlinealaba:

Sorry do u know where is called Alaba, u think is some sort of uncoordinated market

Oga,i would not say this if i don't know what is happening there
Re: Absence Of Network Service At Alaba International Market, A Plea To Rectify It by calddon(m): 12:33pm On Aug 07, 2019
martinsaba:

very true
Re: Absence Of Network Service At Alaba International Market, A Plea To Rectify It by Aanumi16: 12:37pm On Aug 07, 2019
I think it's probably an interference issue.
Re: Absence Of Network Service At Alaba International Market, A Plea To Rectify It by gift01: 12:41pm On Aug 07, 2019
Firstly na traders when import network booster connive with the network guys to cause this issue. Now they are saying if you need network buy network booster for 54k else you have no network in your shop. This is what is affecting mostly Industrial and Electrical section. Make una fish out the criminals amongst una. There use to be network in the market. Now people go just gather round mast for near burial ground just to receive calls
Re: Absence Of Network Service At Alaba International Market, A Plea To Rectify It by NnamdiN: 12:47pm On Aug 07, 2019
gift01:
Firstly na traders when import network booster connive with the network guys to cause this issue. Now they are saying if you need network buy network booster for 54k else you have no network in your shop. This is what is affecting mostly Industrial and Electrical section. Make una fish out the criminals amongst una. There use to be network in the market. Now people go just gather round mast for near burial ground just to receive calls
I heard this but I refuse to believe it. Who's losing ? The importers or the network? Coz we're slowly getting used to it. We have spots for receiving and making calls now. They can chew their booster if true.

1 Like

Re: Absence Of Network Service At Alaba International Market, A Plea To Rectify It by kayceeukah007(m): 12:51pm On Aug 07, 2019
If u can also share coordinates of the areas with this complaint here, it will help us identify the issues faster
Re: Absence Of Network Service At Alaba International Market, A Plea To Rectify It by gift01: 1:02pm On Aug 07, 2019
NnamdiN:
I heard this but I refuse to believe it. Who's losing ? The importers or the network? Coz we're slowly getting used to it. We have spots for receiving and making calls now. They can chew their booster if true.
exactly what I do whenever I come to the market. I have where I go for my calls and whatsapp messages. People are buying it but with enough pressure I believe normalcy will return
Re: Absence Of Network Service At Alaba International Market, A Plea To Rectify It by pluzo: 1:26pm On Aug 07, 2019
It's real. I experienced it last two weeks when I went to fix a television set
Re: Absence Of Network Service At Alaba International Market, A Plea To Rectify It by DesChyko: 1:29pm On Aug 07, 2019
Sometimes when I go to buy phones at Alaba, I'll want to google the specs of the models I see but it's not possible with the state of network there. Even sometimes, I'll not even get 4G service after inserting my 4G enabled SIM in the new 4G phone to freestyle.
That way, we just buy phone by faith and hope for the best.
Re: Absence Of Network Service At Alaba International Market, A Plea To Rectify It by uniquelyspecial(m): 2:19pm On Aug 07, 2019
Onlinealaba:
For some months now network service has been so bad at Alaba international market, Ojo Lagos this has affected businesses of many traders in so many ways most times u will have to climb the tallest building to either make a call or send text, this issue is not peculiar to any particular service provider but all of the service providers MTN, GLO, AIRTEL ,9MOBILE we are pleading to all these service providers to come and rectify these as soon as possible and install enough telecommunications mast at strategic locations in the market .

Please help push to front-page am sure those incharge will do something about it
I heard people pay 15k to get access to network. Is it true?
Re: Absence Of Network Service At Alaba International Market, A Plea To Rectify It by Nobody: 2:25pm On Aug 07, 2019
ITS DONE ON PURPOSE.
ECONOMIC SABOTAGE.
Re: Absence Of Network Service At Alaba International Market, A Plea To Rectify It by Onlinealaba(m): 2:25pm On Aug 07, 2019
uniquelyspecial:

I heard people pay 15k to get access to network. Is it true?
Well I can't verify the claim.. but there is this network booster that is been sold don't know the actual cost tho
Re: Absence Of Network Service At Alaba International Market, A Plea To Rectify It by HRHQueenPhil(f): 2:36pm On Aug 07, 2019
ALABA MARKET CHAIRMAN OR HIS BOYS..PLS LET HIM KNOW. U CANT BE COLLECTING TAXES AND YET NO BUSINESS FLOWING IN BC OF NETWORK grin
DapoAD:
This service providers need to contact Enextgen Wireless Limited, they provide customer experience testing across several states in Nigeria and provide feedback on problem areas.
Re: Absence Of Network Service At Alaba International Market, A Plea To Rectify It by ntyce(m): 2:40pm On Aug 07, 2019
Onlinealaba:

Please help push to front-page am sure those incharge will do something about it

It's pure sabotage...
You guys should investigate inwards. Network jamming equipment at work.
Re: Absence Of Network Service At Alaba International Market, A Plea To Rectify It by happney65: 4:23pm On Aug 07, 2019
omolola15 why is it always so?
Re: Absence Of Network Service At Alaba International Market, A Plea To Rectify It by StoneColdBiceps(m): 5:01pm On Aug 07, 2019
Restore alaba.

Greetings Guys, If you can ride or you know guys that can ride motor cycle or Keke Marwa. Please get as many as you can to enlist in our ongoing executive motor bike / tricycle (Keke) transport initiative.

Riders not limited to only Lagos.

The guys must be able to read and write and have good character. They will be engaging with middle class corporate / business customers and other customers.

Forward their details as listed below to 08157004196.

*Full name
*Full Address
*Telephone number
What they stand to benefit:

*They will be self employed.
*They will enjoy *free health care and insurance* (non in the industry)
*Free Android phone.
*Very strong motor bike 220cc (best in the industry).
*Helmet (best in the industry).
*Rain coat and head cover.
*Flexible payment plan - remit / deliver 4k every day - Monday - Friday *negotiable* (Saturday / Sunday is for you).
*No initial down payment.
*The motor bike becomes your own after 12 months, more like Hire Purchase while you still make more money for yourself.
*Welfare package very good and best in class.
*Tried and trusted and the first in the industry
*Support centers.
*Efficient staffs and continues customer experience.
*Transport incentive for coming and some amount of money when you are taken.
Re: Absence Of Network Service At Alaba International Market, A Plea To Rectify It by Nobody: 6:45pm On Aug 07, 2019
Having monitored responses on this thread, I am yet to see the most appropriate observation and suggestion on this Alaba GSM network issue.

Firstly, it is not the issue of area boys preventing fuel supply to base stations.

Secondly, Airtel is losing millions of naira daily for several months because of total lack of network (zero signal strength) at Alaba electronics area and other section of Alaba international. If Mr Ogunsanya is still Airtel MD, he should query the technical team for this failure for several months. Airtel technical team and NCC should investigate what caused zero bar or totally dead signal at a concentrated highly bandwidth consuming market with people willing to spend to communicate for their businesses. As a regular visitor to Alaba I have never used my Airtel line at Alaba in the last five months .

The problem with MTN in that area is congestion. Communication is possible early in the morning but Quality of Service degrades as more people resume for business and comes to a halt at the time when the market is flooded with people. The signal strength is still high with a good bar but no outbound and inbound communication is possible. This is unlike Airtel with no signal at all.

As a telecommunications personnel, I appeal to Airtel and MTN to do something about Alaba market. I don't use Glo or 9mobile so I cannot say about it
Re: Absence Of Network Service At Alaba International Market, A Plea To Rectify It by omolola15(m): 7:40pm On Aug 07, 2019
happney65:
omolola15 why is it always so?

That’s congestion. Same thing with computer village. We mostly have problem with browsing network.
Re: Absence Of Network Service At Alaba International Market, A Plea To Rectify It by mccoyelectric: 8:52pm On Aug 07, 2019
Abeg its too bad ... Pple there even use network boosters in their shop yet to make call na war... Mtn self na scam
Re: Absence Of Network Service At Alaba International Market, A Plea To Rectify It by Dshocker(m): 6:43am On Aug 10, 2019
Onlinealaba:

Heard they imported a device that shuts down network after arm rubbers came to rob the last time
Re: Absence Of Network Service At Alaba International Market, A Plea To Rectify It by Onlinealaba(m): 6:45am On Aug 10, 2019
Dshocker:

Heard they imported a device that shuts down network after arm rubbers came to rob the last time
Does that make sense let's assume there was an emergency how do one place a distress call, and the robbery was some years ago
Re: Absence Of Network Service At Alaba International Market, A Plea To Rectify It by Dshocker(m): 6:48am On Aug 10, 2019
Onlinealaba:

Does that make sense let's assume there was an emergency how do one place a distress call, and the robbery was some years ago

Even the chairman of Alaba is aware of this

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

How To Use Two Whatsapp Accounts On Any Android Phone / Configure Your Blackberry 10 To Use MB, Even Bonus Mb-any Network / Tecno Camon CM CA6 Hard Reset And FRP Remove

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.