Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,626 members, 7,809,337 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 08:01 AM

I’m Ashamed Kwara Recorded 50% New Polio Cases- Abdulrazaq - Health - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / I’m Ashamed Kwara Recorded 50% New Polio Cases- Abdulrazaq (207 Views)

Kome Igbho Marks World Polio Day With Medical Outreach In Abuja (Photos) / Polio Victim Shares Story, Seeks For Job, Says He Doesn’t Want To Beg. Pics / Kelechi Uhegwu, Polio Victim Celebrates Birthday With New Pictures (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

I’m Ashamed Kwara Recorded 50% New Polio Cases- Abdulrazaq by udomoh(m): 11:57am On Aug 07, 2019
I’m ashamed Kwara recorded 50% new polio cases- AbdulRazaq

~Flags off state response to curb polio outbreak

Kwara State Governor AbdulRahman AbdulRazaq on Tuesday said it was a shame that the state recorded 50% of the new polio cases in Nigeria, saying he would deploy necessary resources to fight the virus.

“It is a shame that Kwara has 50 percent of the new outbreak. We shouldn’t be dealing with fresh polio in this state now. But we will give the necessary supports to put an end to that,” AbdulRazaq said in Ilorin, the state capital, as he flagged off the polio outbreak response activities, exactly five years after the state government last supported routine polio immunisation programme.

The governor, who commended various global agencies for their support, urged parents and other stakeholders to key into the vaccination of under-five children to halt the spread of the deadly virus.
“I call on Kwarans to join hands with our partners to interrupt the transmission of the Polio virus in Kwara State and Nigeria at large,” he said.

“I am appealing to all mothers, caregivers, heads of households, religious bodies, markets and schools to as a matter of necessity make all children under 5years of age available for the vaccination exercise, irrespective of their previous vaccination status as the campaign will be conducted as many times as possible.

Adamu also commended AbdulRazaq for establishing various task forces to monitor Kwara’s response to the polio.

https://nimedhealth.com.ng/2019/08/07/im-ashamed-kwara-recorded-50-new-polio-cases-abdulrazaq/?amp

Re: I’m Ashamed Kwara Recorded 50% New Polio Cases- Abdulrazaq by vibre: 12:31pm On Aug 07, 2019
Wow, congratulations my action governor. This is a monumental achievement. Next year we will record 100% insha allah. O to ge!!!

(1) (Reply)

Do You Live Around Ketu, Maryland,anthony Or Its Environs Then The Job Is For Yo / Woman Dies And Other Survives As Tanker Filled With Engine Oil Falls On 2 Women / Glaucoma And Catarrh Remedy

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 8
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.