Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,222 members, 7,836,070 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 08:24 PM

Nigerian Man Drowns, Weeks After Being Granted Asylum In Canada (Photo) - Crime (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Nigerian Man Drowns, Weeks After Being Granted Asylum In Canada (Photo) (44432 Views)

Saheed Azeez Granted Asylum For Being Gay Masterminded £220k Fraud / Baba Ijesha Prostrates For His Lawyer After Being Granted Bail (Photos, Video) / Nigerian Boy Drowns In A Pool In Canada (Photo) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigerian Man Drowns, Weeks After Being Granted Asylum In Canada (Photo) by Tzadeola(m): 7:57pm On Aug 07, 2019
But has it crossed any of you mind that maybe he was murdered
Re: Nigerian Man Drowns, Weeks After Being Granted Asylum In Canada (Photo) by Nobody: 8:01pm On Aug 07, 2019
helinues:
Village people at work

But why 1926 amalgamatiin itself was earlier
Re: Nigerian Man Drowns, Weeks After Being Granted Asylum In Canada (Photo) by Pasima(m): 8:06pm On Aug 07, 2019
He is afool must you swim
Re: Nigerian Man Drowns, Weeks After Being Granted Asylum In Canada (Photo) by kingdavid09: 8:21pm On Aug 07, 2019
So sad
Re: Nigerian Man Drowns, Weeks After Being Granted Asylum In Canada (Photo) by raphy(m): 8:28pm On Aug 07, 2019
only God knows who kills him.

but an average Nigerians knws that people are wicked in this life enemy of progress of another maybe he posted s pics of his cruising on his page then someone evil just do the African magic and boom it happens

I don't blame all that people out there saying village people they are real they act friendly but inside are pure evil.

R.I.P. young man....

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Man Drowns, Weeks After Being Granted Asylum In Canada (Photo) by KanuSE: 8:34pm On Aug 07, 2019
[s]
tigerclaws:
chaiii this one na pure village people[/s]

Trash
Re: Nigerian Man Drowns, Weeks After Being Granted Asylum In Canada (Photo) by tigerclaws: 8:35pm On Aug 07, 2019
[s]
KanuSE:

Trash
Re: Nigerian Man Drowns, Weeks After Being Granted Asylum In Canada (Photo) by alimaa: 8:39pm On Aug 07, 2019
post=81036499:

The first 3 comments and many comments after them actually posted the same thing!
That tells you how the mind of an average Nigerian youth work.
You don't need any scientist to carry out any research about how an average Nigerian youth think anymore.

Una village people no dey better person life?!
Dem no dey helep person for their life?!
Na so dem wicked reach?
Even if dem wicked dis much,
dem no fit gather kill all these evil and corrupt politicians for d country oppressing your lives?

What a Crude and archaic mentality!
Orisirisi something.....

It is just so appaling bro!

You have not had any experience yet.
Re: Nigerian Man Drowns, Weeks After Being Granted Asylum In Canada (Photo) by KanuSE: 8:40pm On Aug 07, 2019
tigerclaws:
[s][/s]

cheesy It's either you're a robot or you spend your life on NL... hope it won't be too late by the time you realise the TIME IS GONE! grin

Re: Nigerian Man Drowns, Weeks After Being Granted Asylum In Canada (Photo) by tigerclaws: 8:42pm On Aug 07, 2019
[s]
KanuSE:

cheesy It's either you're a robot or you spend your life on NL... hope it won't be too late by the time you realise the TIME IS GONE! grin
[/s]
Re: Nigerian Man Drowns, Weeks After Being Granted Asylum In Canada (Photo) by iswallker(m): 8:45pm On Aug 07, 2019
post=81036499:

The first 3 comments and many comments after them actually posted the same thing!
You don't need any scientist to carry out any research about how an average Nigerian youth think anymore.

Na so dem wicked reach?
dem no fit gather kill all these evil and corrupt politicians for d country oppressing your lives?

Orisirisi something.....

Is village people, final... undecided

People cannot shout village people again..to drown the sorrows of a failed buhsri govt.. sad
Re: Nigerian Man Drowns, Weeks After Being Granted Asylum In Canada (Photo) by enemyofprogress: 9:21pm On Aug 07, 2019
chii8:
RIP...village people are heartless
for where?village people no get hand inside him death o, the village people all travelled to Malaga on that day to attend to some other people
Re: Nigerian Man Drowns, Weeks After Being Granted Asylum In Canada (Photo) by Timi2016(m): 12:43am On Aug 08, 2019
Surprised to see this here, my friend who's a friend of this man spoke to me about him 2weeks ago, crying of how he just lost a wonderful friend. He was in the States before he went to seek asylum in Canada, just after about 2 months of getting his papers, the tragic incident happened. Quite sad. He was a doctor in the States before his death. Man has battled a lot of things, even down to his family here in 9ja. May the Lord help and guide us all.

Re: Nigerian Man Drowns, Weeks After Being Granted Asylum In Canada (Photo) by Antichristus: 1:18am On Aug 08, 2019
ODE TO HELL...WHAT LIES DID HE FABRICATE AND PRESENT TO THE IMMIGRATION DEPT THAT SECURED HIM ASYLUM IN CANADA. HE SEEMINGLY WENT THERE TO PLAY HARD, NOT WORK HARD, DYING IN THE PROCESS. ADIEU.
Re: Nigerian Man Drowns, Weeks After Being Granted Asylum In Canada (Photo) by Antichristus: 1:20am On Aug 08, 2019
Timi2016:
Surprised to see this here, my friend who's a friend of this man spoke to me about him 2weeks ago, crying of how he just lost a wonderful friend. He was in the States before he went to seek asylum in Canada, just after about 2 months of getting his papers, the tragic incident happened. Quite sad. He was a doctor in the States before his death. Man has battled a lot of things, even down to his family here in 9ja. May the Lord help and guide us all.

DOCTOR IN THE US, SOUGHT ASLUM IN CANADA? STRANGE!
Re: Nigerian Man Drowns, Weeks After Being Granted Asylum In Canada (Photo) by Ugosample(m): 1:22am On Aug 08, 2019
MaNyEsq:
Why do Nigerians always have to blame everything but the real culprit.He jumped off the boat into the water according to the article. The question that was not addressed was whether he could swim? If he jumped into the water knowing fully well that he could not swim but only to show off to his friends, then that has nothing to do with his village people. People all over the globe including Nigerians who do not know how to swim drown every day. So, to blame something else other than his inability to swim thus resulting in him drowning is very preposterous. Nigerians have gotten accustomed to believing and blaming "juju" for everything that ails the country hence allowing people to not take responsibility for their bad choices and mistakes. This type of belief and thinking takes away the "can do" spirit that is required for nation building.

.After a distant aunt, and her son were caught burying jazz in the land my maternal uncle owns, it got me re evaluating my thought process on this "juju" thing

whether juju works or not is subject to debate

But anyone from Nigeria who is in denial about the fact that MANY IN NIGERIA go out to these "southerners" and stuff seeking for powers to afflict others malevolently is just fooling himself

I repeat
juju may not be real

But the fact that MANY have the mentality to seek out these things in the first place should tell you something aboyt the reasoning common in naija

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Man Drowns, Weeks After Being Granted Asylum In Canada (Photo) by Antichristus: 1:22am On Aug 08, 2019
raphy:
only God knows who kills him.

but an average Nigerians knws that people are wicked in this life enemy of progress of another maybe he posted s pics of his cruising on his page then someone evil just do the African magic and boom it happens

I don't blame all that people out there saying village people they are real they act friendly but inside are pure evil.

R.I.P. young man....

AFRICANS AND SUPERSTITIOUS ARE LIKE 5 & 6.
Re: Nigerian Man Drowns, Weeks After Being Granted Asylum In Canada (Photo) by Nobody: 2:54am On Aug 08, 2019
-
Re: Nigerian Man Drowns, Weeks After Being Granted Asylum In Canada (Photo) by Nobody: 3:17am On Aug 08, 2019
-
Re: Nigerian Man Drowns, Weeks After Being Granted Asylum In Canada (Photo) by xelly: 3:47am On Aug 08, 2019
post=81036499:

Na so dem wicked reach?

Orisirisi something.....

They are products of African Magic. I don't know if there's no good culture in Africa to portray in our movies than what they showcase.
Re: Nigerian Man Drowns, Weeks After Being Granted Asylum In Canada (Photo) by 9jaRealist: 4:12am On Aug 08, 2019
post=81036499:

Na so dem wicked reach?

Orisirisi something.....

And apparently the mind if the average Buhari Idolizer does not grasp sarcastic or facetious comments... undecided
>
Re: Nigerian Man Drowns, Weeks After Being Granted Asylum In Canada (Photo) by 9jaRealist: 4:17am On Aug 08, 2019
gypsey:
He jumped off! the boat to swim? shocked who was he trying to Impress? his white friends? Black people can not swim, I live near the beach, literally infront of the beach. But as a black man, I don't jump in to swim, i don't even go near the sea. I just sit on the edges drinking Beer and smoking weed, while my 6 years old mixed raced old son and his sister who is 9 years old and their mothers Swims like fishes in the sea.

I also ussually sees other black people dressed up in their Best clothings and shiny trainers just standing or sitting on the sea Esplanade benches watching white people in Bikinis and boxers swimming like fishes.

Again, black people can not swim!! leave swimming for whiteys. Very unfortunate for this guy, I hope he recovers.

Huh?! shocked
Isn’t that a tad bit too late?
>

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Man Drowns, Weeks After Being Granted Asylum In Canada (Photo) by 9jaRealist: 4:19am On Aug 08, 2019
MaNyEsq:
Why do Nigerians always have to blame everything but the real culprit.He jumped off the boat into the water according to the article. The question that was not addressed was whether he could swim? If he jumped into the water knowing fully well that he could not swim but only to show off to his friends, then that has nothing to do with his village people. People all over the globe including Nigerians who do not know how to swim drown every day. So, to blame something else other than his inability to swim thus resulting in him drowning is very preposterous. Nigerians have gotten accustomed to believing and blaming "juju" for everything that ails the country hence allowing people to not take responsibility for their bad choices and mistakes. This type of belief and thinking takes away the "can do" spirit that is required for nation building.

The first couple of comments were clearly facetious...
>
Re: Nigerian Man Drowns, Weeks After Being Granted Asylum In Canada (Photo) by 9jaRealist: 4:23am On Aug 08, 2019
gypsey:
If he has Family members, one of them should take over his Citizenship and better their life.

what a waste of a Canadian passport.

The tragedy is a waste of life...
The Canadian passport is minuscule in comparison.
>
Re: Nigerian Man Drowns, Weeks After Being Granted Asylum In Canada (Photo) by 9jaRealist: 4:31am On Aug 08, 2019
theButterfly:
Idk why he jumped off the boat to swim when he couldn't swim and wasn't wearing a life jacket. Two dangerous prerequisites for drowning. RIP.

For real...

There were about 4 Nigerian young adults who nearly drowned about 2 weeks in Texas...
They jumped into the deep end in a water park and immediately were in distress, with 1 ending up drowned.
>
Re: Nigerian Man Drowns, Weeks After Being Granted Asylum In Canada (Photo) by 9jaRealist: 4:33am On Aug 08, 2019
BTW, many Nigerians from riverine communities can swim like fish...
So abegi folks should ease off a wee bit on the Blacks-Can’t-Swim stereotype.

>
Re: Nigerian Man Drowns, Weeks After Being Granted Asylum In Canada (Photo) by ibechris(m): 7:28am On Aug 08, 2019
Gisters:
A 25-year-old Nigerian immigrant has died after drowning during a boat cruise with his friends in in Montreal, QC, Canada.

Uchenna Stanley Nnaji has just been granted asylum in Canada, about two weeks earlier. He drowned Saturday in Lac des Sables in the Laurentian community of Ste-Agathe-des-Monts. .

He was with a group of friends near Ste-Lucie beach, about 100 kilometres northwest of Montreal, when he jumped off a boat into the water to swim at about 11:50 a.m. — and did not resurface. .

His body was recovered Sunday morning at about 10 a.m. by SQ divers. Firefighters and the SQ nautical team, which included divers, had patrolled the area on Saturday until dusk and the SQ resumed its search on Sunday at about 8 a.m.

See more here; https://gistmore.com/nigerian-man-drowns-weeks-after-being-granted-asylum-in-canada

See how overwhelming happiness can destroy people. When God help u,just calm down.
Re: Nigerian Man Drowns, Weeks After Being Granted Asylum In Canada (Photo) by Timi2016(m): 8:13am On Aug 08, 2019
Antichristus:

DOCTOR IN THE US, SOUGHT ASLUM IN CANADA? STRANGE!

Yes, you wouldn't know why people take some decisions, na who fire dey burn inside body know. I am not oblige to tell what went wrong here. The truth is, he didn't jump into the pool willingly. RIP to dead.
Re: Nigerian Man Drowns, Weeks After Being Granted Asylum In Canada (Photo) by Nobody: 9:43am On Aug 08, 2019
9jaRealist:

The tragedy is a waste of life...
The Canadian passport is minuscule in comparison.
>
I was just been sacarstic. surely an intelligent mind like yours should have recognised that. smiley

I Admire your brilliant use of English Language and Words. cool
Re: Nigerian Man Drowns, Weeks After Being Granted Asylum In Canada (Photo) by Nobody: 9:49am On Aug 08, 2019
9jaRealist:

Huh?! shocked
Isn’t that a tad bit too late?
>
grin grin I was hopping he would, before I re-read the article Again. but, hey!! you beat me to it. it is tad too late!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Damaris Mutua Muthee Murdered By Her Boyfriend In Kenya (Photos) / Kidnapped Student Of Arthur Jarvis University Rescued, 3 Killed (Graphic) / Man Who Wanted To Use A Runs Girl For Ritual Arrested In Ughelli,delta(photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.