Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,881 members, 7,828,133 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 02:10 AM

Can You Identify These Roads And Bridges In Lagos? (throw-back PHOTOS) - Travel (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Can You Identify These Roads And Bridges In Lagos? (throw-back PHOTOS) (42390 Views)

Anambra International Airport Roads And Bridges Completed (Video, Photos) / Under Flyover Bridges In Dubai Vs. Under Flyover Bridges In Lagos (PHOTOS) / Finally, Parked Trucks Are Getting Off Expressways And Bridges In Lagos (PHOTOS) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Can You Identify These Roads And Bridges In Lagos? (throw-back PHOTOS) by koyyess: 6:49pm On Aug 07, 2019
Immediately when oyibo people packed their bags and left, leaving those beautiful roads, bridges and buildings, Nigerian leaders immediately started bending over to sh1t all over and the masses followed suit.

Its now a glorified sh1t hole.

The pics are depressing.

1 Like

Re: Can You Identify These Roads And Bridges In Lagos? (throw-back PHOTOS) by Efuaye(m): 6:51pm On Aug 07, 2019
Almost in tears just looking through these pictures! It shows how much Nigeria has retrogressed!
I remember my first outing to Kingsway Stores and Leventis. It was all fun.
My saddest day then, was watching Net (NITEL) house burn in smoke.
Re: Can You Identify These Roads And Bridges In Lagos? (throw-back PHOTOS) by Nobody: 6:52pm On Aug 07, 2019
Good job hope to see Abuja own
Re: Can You Identify These Roads And Bridges In Lagos? (throw-back PHOTOS) by LZAA: 7:04pm On Aug 07, 2019
GMbuharii:
This time there was no Hausa Fulani Wahala...
The south was okay and the great Awo was doing wonderful well with Cocoa and other revenue.
Problems started when the eweduic structures began their unholy relationship with the Hausa fulanis,even till this day.

Lzaa immhotep bastardmod adeibeku
Sarrki wee not like this statement grin

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Can You Identify These Roads And Bridges In Lagos? (throw-back PHOTOS) by saajus: 7:11pm On Aug 07, 2019
I think you are right. Late independence gave South Africa the infrastructures they are enjoying today, they lost their culture though. The major disadvantage if the British had stayed longer is that we are going to be totally ripped off who we are. With the huge oil money in the 70's, 80's, the British would have fixed all our basic amenities issues.. South Africa got the infrastructures but they are psychologically damaged.

Timmypromise:

Our independence was too early
See the way 1990s pictures fine pass some present place in the same Lagos

2 Likes

Re: Can You Identify These Roads And Bridges In Lagos? (throw-back PHOTOS) by Niyeal(m): 7:28pm On Aug 07, 2019
The Lagos was fine before Biafra people spoiled the city with 2x2 shop and fake products

1 Like

Re: Can You Identify These Roads And Bridges In Lagos? (throw-back PHOTOS) by adegeye38(m): 8:13pm On Aug 07, 2019
Emotionss:
After watching this photographs I just felt a sudden sadness deep in my bones. How and when did we go wrong ?
When everybody became selfish ,greedy and corrupt

Also, In those days, each region was managing its own resources anf developing at its own pace, the current structure brought backwardness
Re: Can You Identify These Roads And Bridges In Lagos? (throw-back PHOTOS) by kinem(m): 8:22pm On Aug 07, 2019
Wow. Love seeing old pictures. I just felt like been there. Olden days fine oh. By now everyone in the pictures are all dead. What a life.
Re: Can You Identify These Roads And Bridges In Lagos? (throw-back PHOTOS) by Timmypromise(m): 8:57pm On Aug 07, 2019
saajus:
I think you are right. Late independence gave South Africa the infrastructures they are enjoying today, they lost their culture though. The major disadvantage if the British had stayed longer is that we are going to be totally ripped off who we are. With the huge oil money in the 70's, 80's, the British would have fixed all our basic amenities issues.. South Africa got the infrastructures but they are psychologically damaged.

How

1 Like

Re: Can You Identify These Roads And Bridges In Lagos? (throw-back PHOTOS) by TruthHurts100: 11:38pm On Aug 07, 2019
When everywhere was clean. No mad ladies walking naked on the streets of Lagos.

1 Like

Re: Can You Identify These Roads And Bridges In Lagos? (throw-back PHOTOS) by Olarewaju89: 11:46pm On Aug 07, 2019
What a good graphics...
Re: Can You Identify These Roads And Bridges In Lagos? (throw-back PHOTOS) by jafol(m): 6:04am On Aug 08, 2019
The time when yorubas live peacefully look at clean roads and fashionable people UNTIL THE OTHER LEECHES FROM THE YEAST SET FOOT ON THAT LAND WITH ALL THEIR INGRATEFUL GENERATIONS INFACT THEY BROUGHT ALL THEIR DIRTY VILLAGES N PROSTITUTION TO SOUTHWEST. If you see the places igbos inhabit now in Lagos you will close your eyes in shame
Re: Can You Identify These Roads And Bridges In Lagos? (throw-back PHOTOS) by Lilientology(f): 8:56am On Aug 08, 2019
Memories.......
Re: Can You Identify These Roads And Bridges In Lagos? (throw-back PHOTOS) by olumalcolm(m): 10:19am On Aug 08, 2019
Those slay mamas of those days go don be grandma now oo, some fit don even murd sef.
Re: Can You Identify These Roads And Bridges In Lagos? (throw-back PHOTOS) by paix(m): 11:36am On Aug 08, 2019
African beauties, in those days when covering the head was the fashion.

1 Like

Re: Can You Identify These Roads And Bridges In Lagos? (throw-back PHOTOS) by babajero(m): 7:15pm On Aug 08, 2019
ibkgab001:
Well, once we all agree that Nigeria will be great again , surely believe it will be great again , Old Kings way

God please forgive us our sins and the sins of our fore fathers, We want you to restore our Glory as it was before some set of people agreed to destroy our future with their selfishness and foolishness , the present is not the plan of Awolowo, it was never the idea of Azikwe neither was it the dream of Saduna and other

HEROES PAST

I pray their labour that is about to be in vain will never be in vain Amen
Lastly we need revolution but not with Sowore and other aggressive ga gathers that think their name will make ministerial list

Thank You all

Like for the OLD NIGERIA share for the NEW NIGERIA
white men really tried for Nigeria. Islam really scattered the South and Nigeria in general.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Friends Travelling To Abuja From Kaduna Die In Terrible Accident(pics) / Nigerian-born US Pilot Addresses His Passengers In English,Yoruba & Pidgin (vid) / Construction Of The First Road Link To Bonny Island In Highly Challenging Enviro

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.