Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,110 members, 7,814,894 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 10:21 PM

Construction Of The First Road Link To Bonny Island In Highly Challenging Enviro - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Construction Of The First Road Link To Bonny Island In Highly Challenging Enviro (42362 Views)

Construction Linking Bonny Island By Road (Photos) / Tarkwa Bay Beach Island In Lagos (Photos) / Anambra traffic management agency moves to decongest Onitsha and enviro(photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Construction Of The First Road Link To Bonny Island In Highly Challenging Enviro by walemoney007(m): 10:36am On Feb 23, 2022
Construction of the first road link to Bonny Island in highly challenging environment and soil conditions

Bodo-Bonny Road, Rivers State
As the first road link between Bonny Island to the rest of Rivers State, the Bodo-Bonny road is a milestone infrastructure development project for the advancement of the Niger Delta and a catalyst for the continued success of Bonny Island - a key industrial area in Nigeria tied to the economic development and general wellbeing of the Nation as a whole.

This pioneer project is also a benchmark regarding financing cooperation between the private and public sectors, in reference to the special contractual conditions of part funding of 50% by Nigeria LNG Limited (NLNG).

Technically, the road is a massive undertaking with many construction challenges due to the low lying marshy area, muddy and swampy soil conditions and considerable tidal movements. The scope comprises construction of a 39 km long road, cross culverts and two mini bridges with a span of 23 m each as well as two creek bridges, Afa Creek Bridge of about 530 m length and Nanabie Creek Bridge of about 640 m length, in addition to the construction of a major river bridge of about 750 m length over the Opobo Channel.

Substantial dredging activities and a number of specialized soil stabilization methodologies are being carried out. Incremental launching is utilized for bridge construction. The highly mechanized method consists of manufacturing the superstructure of the bridge by sections in a prefabrication area behind one of the abutments with each new unit concreted directly against the preceding one - after it has hardened the resultant structure is launched forward over temporary sliding bearings.

https://www.julius-berger.com/references/bodo-bonny-road-rivers-state

© 2022 Julius Berger Nigeria Plc.

19 Likes 1 Share

Re: Construction Of The First Road Link To Bonny Island In Highly Challenging Enviro by walemoney007(m): 10:37am On Feb 23, 2022

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J77I9yZjsX0

This video was made more than a year ago.

This is a massive project.

9 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Construction Of The First Road Link To Bonny Island In Highly Challenging Enviro by DrySaliva: 10:46am On Feb 23, 2022
shocked

This is a milestone project, I must say... kudos to the beneficiaries.

OP you would have added a video to the post. E for make brain.

Thanks anyways!

24 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Construction Of The First Road Link To Bonny Island In Highly Challenging Enviro by bizbrainko: 10:52am On Feb 23, 2022
You just have to give it to this government in the area of infrastructure.

My only problem with them is security and economy.

110 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Construction Of The First Road Link To Bonny Island In Highly Challenging Enviro by FreeStuffsNG: 10:54am On Feb 23, 2022
This is the kind of challenging task HE Fashola loves. PMB really got the best man for the job.

God bless Nigeria for ever.

81 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Construction Of The First Road Link To Bonny Island In Highly Challenging Enviro by walemoney007(m): 10:56am On Feb 23, 2022
DrySaliva:
shocked

This is a milestone project, I must say... kudos to the beneficiaries.

OP you would have added a video to the post. E for make brain.

Thanks anyways!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J77I9yZjsX0

This is an old video o... It was made more than a year ago

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Construction Of The First Road Link To Bonny Island In Highly Challenging Enviro by Aufbauh(m): 10:57am On Feb 23, 2022
Unfortunately some people would have preferred that the money for this project be shared in the days of the PDP. The looters will then trickle down crumbs to the improvished. That's their concept of a working government as'money is going round well'. Very pathetic!

92 Likes 13 Shares

Re: Construction Of The First Road Link To Bonny Island In Highly Challenging Enviro by walemoney007(m): 11:01am On Feb 23, 2022
Cc
safetyInspector

1 Like

Re: Construction Of The First Road Link To Bonny Island In Highly Challenging Enviro by kenny714433(m): 11:51am On Feb 23, 2022
smiley

1 Like

Re: Construction Of The First Road Link To Bonny Island In Highly Challenging Enviro by Owologbo(m): 11:54am On Feb 23, 2022
Aufbauh:
Unfortunately some people would have preferred that the money for this project be shared in the days of the PDP. The looters will then trickle down crumbs to the improvished. That's their concept of a working government as'money is going round well'. Very pathetic!
Is this a federal road if I may ask?

10 Likes

Re: Construction Of The First Road Link To Bonny Island In Highly Challenging Enviro by porthouse7(f): 12:07pm On Feb 23, 2022
solid work from Julius berger

3 Likes

Re: Construction Of The First Road Link To Bonny Island In Highly Challenging Enviro by Aufbauh(m): 12:22pm On Feb 23, 2022
Owologbo:

Is this a federal road if I may ask?

The minister also identified Bodo-Bonny Bridge in Rivers which was the only access to the site of Nigeria Liquefied Natural Gas.

“For decades, this place is only accessible by air and when there is bad weather which are a usual occurrence people cannot get there for days.

“Three attempts had been made by the previous administrations to construct the bridge but all failed,’’ he said.

Mr Fashola said the Buhari administration succeeded in constructing the first road and bridge linking Bonny Island in highly challenging environment and soil condition.

https://dailynigerian.com/buhari-govt-delivered/

23 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Construction Of The First Road Link To Bonny Island In Highly Challenging Enviro by Bigbright7(m): 12:25pm On Feb 23, 2022
This is commendable, I'm sure the great people of bonny island would be happy. For many years I've had to travel through the Atlantic Ocean to bonny island. That experience is scary.

For electrical installation of your upcoming building project check my sig.

12 Likes

Re: Construction Of The First Road Link To Bonny Island In Highly Challenging Enviro by Sabadon(m): 3:32pm On Feb 23, 2022
Nice project, i must commend buhari on this, GEJ no sha try for south south to be honest, e dey dey build almajiri school in preparation for second term..., ... undecided

39 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Construction Of The First Road Link To Bonny Island In Highly Challenging Enviro by aspabay(m): 3:32pm On Feb 23, 2022
Good job.

God bless PMB
God bless Fashola
God bless Nigeria

37 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Construction Of The First Road Link To Bonny Island In Highly Challenging Enviro by Kiddogarcia(m): 3:33pm On Feb 23, 2022
Ok
Re: Construction Of The First Road Link To Bonny Island In Highly Challenging Enviro by sotall(m): 3:33pm On Feb 23, 2022
undecided

It would have been better for the price of food and the value of the naira to remain as it were in 2014 than this white elephant project.

If you had 1000 naira in 2014, currently your 1000 naira is now worth less than 400 naira.

No amount of white elephant project such as this one beats such a failure in governance.

20 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Construction Of The First Road Link To Bonny Island In Highly Challenging Enviro by excomarow(m): 3:33pm On Feb 23, 2022
Nice Development after many years

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Construction Of The First Road Link To Bonny Island In Highly Challenging Enviro by osuofia2(m): 3:34pm On Feb 23, 2022
I hope to visit Bonny Island some day

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Construction Of The First Road Link To Bonny Island In Highly Challenging Enviro by Ebubu5: 3:34pm On Feb 23, 2022
bizbrainko:
You just have to give it to this government in the area of infrastructure.

My only problem with them is security and economy.

Insecurity and inflation don finish the regime

Bloodbath, kidnap, banditry on roads, herdsmen deaths everywhere

Then high cost of things, everything. Fuel, dollar, foodstuff, electricity hike.

But infrastructure i give them 9/10

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: Construction Of The First Road Link To Bonny Island In Highly Challenging Enviro by RichDad1(m): 3:34pm On Feb 23, 2022
Kudos to the FG.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Construction Of The First Road Link To Bonny Island In Highly Challenging Enviro by Equal2DeTask(m): 3:35pm On Feb 23, 2022
Nice one.

So Bonny island is now accessible via road

2 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Construction Of The First Road Link To Bonny Island In Highly Challenging Enviro by Inspirer1: 3:35pm On Feb 23, 2022
Good job FG

2 Likes

Re: Construction Of The First Road Link To Bonny Island In Highly Challenging Enviro by Igbofam: 3:36pm On Feb 23, 2022
BUHARI THANK YOU OOO.

NA YOU BIKO!

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Construction Of The First Road Link To Bonny Island In Highly Challenging Enviro by abobote: 3:36pm On Feb 23, 2022
FG have been constructing roads and rail ways in the north, and just one road in the south, and the world wants to end

1 Like

Re: Construction Of The First Road Link To Bonny Island In Highly Challenging Enviro by Igbofam: 3:37pm On Feb 23, 2022
Oampson:
This is highly commendable. Kudos to the Rivers state government.

Which Rivers State government?

13 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Construction Of The First Road Link To Bonny Island In Highly Challenging Enviro by Dituta: 3:37pm On Feb 23, 2022
Great

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Ebonyi International Airport Runway In Progress / Can You Identify These Roads And Bridges In Lagos? (throw-back PHOTOS) / Which Of These Transportation Methods Have You Not Used And Why.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.