Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,624 members, 7,809,306 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 07:36 AM

Guide To Writing A Speech - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Guide To Writing A Speech (433 Views)

How To Write A Speech In Wassce English / Ada Osakwe Is First African To Give A Speech At Convocation Of Kellogg School / Guide To Writing Visa Sop (Statement of purpose). (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Guide To Writing A Speech by SOPWriter: 4:53pm On Aug 07, 2019
Do you have to give a speech publicly any time soon? If you do, you need to know how speeches that are given publicly differ from presentations that will be viewed online. You need to know how to write a good public speaking speech before presenting one.

Re: Guide To Writing A Speech by SOPWriter: 12:20am On Aug 08, 2019
One difference between speeches written to be given publicly and presentations written to be viewed online is that the former is given before a live audience at specified time and place. The later may be shared, viewed, and reviewed at the reader's convenience.

Re: Guide To Writing A Speech by SOPWriter: 8:20am On Aug 08, 2019
A speech given live has other significant differences from an online presentation. First, with a live speech you need to think about establishing a positive relationship with the audience while you do your speech writing. Plus, your physical presence (your appearance, posture, etc.) makes a difference with a public speech. Also, you may need to work in breaks for your audience and a question and answer session.

Re: Guide To Writing A Speech by SOPWriter: 8:22pm On Aug 14, 2019

The process followed while drafting a speech is quite similar to that of presentation in general. However, speech writers will always need to have their audience in mind.
Re: Guide To Writing A Speech by SOPWriter: 8:24pm On Aug 14, 2019
Research Your Audience

It's important to have good knowledge of those whom you will be communicating prior to delivery. The more you know about your target audience the better effective your writing will be in reaching them.

Re: Guide To Writing A Speech by SOPWriter: 11:25pm On Aug 14, 2019
Once you've defined your audience, you can gear your speech towards them. To do this, ask yourself questions like:

What does this audience need?
What problem can I solve for them?
Is there anything else I need to consider about my listeners?

Re: Guide To Writing A Speech by SOPWriter: 12:47am On Aug 15, 2019
While it's always a good idea to keep a speech focused, this will be especially important for a short speech.

If I were writing the public speaking speech for the scenario we're working with, I'd narrow the topic down like this:

Create a list of the strengths for the areas I need to address
Compare the lists.
Focus my presentation on my strengths to meet weaknesses.

(1) (Reply)

Ksu Graduate Predicts His Death In His Poem / Why A Nigerian Debate Is Dangerous / FUTA Post Graduate 2019/2020

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.