Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,757 members, 7,824,176 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 03:00 AM

EFCC Drags Maurice Iwu To Court Over N1.2 Billion Fraud - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / EFCC Drags Maurice Iwu To Court Over N1.2 Billion Fraud (14222 Views)

Maurice Iwu Vs Mahmood Yakubu: Who Is The Worst INEC Chairman In Nigeria? / EFCC Arrests Maurice Iwu, Ex-INEC Chairman / Maurice Iwu: 'Osun Election Was Conclusive' (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

EFCC Drags Maurice Iwu To Court Over N1.2 Billion Fraud by dre11(m): 5:36pm On Aug 07, 2019
By Matthew Ogune,

The Economic and Financial Crimes Commission, (EFCC), is set to arraign a former Chairman of the Independent National Electoral Commission, (INEC), Prof. Maurice Iwu for alleged money laundering, the Guardian learnt.

It was gathered that Iwu will be arraigned at a federal High Court, sitting in Lagos on a four-count charge bordering on money laundering.

A top official in the commission who do not want his name on print disclosed that, Iwu is alleged to have between December 2014 and March 2015, aided the concealment of the sum of N1,203,000,000 (One Billion, Two Hundred and Three Million Naira).

According to the source, the said sum was in the bank account of Bioresources Institute of Nigeria Limited domiciled in the United Bank for Africa, (UBA) Plc.

When contacted, EFCC acting spokesperson, Tony Orilade, confirmed the planned arraignment.

https://m.guardian.ng/news/efcc-drags-ex-inec-boss-maurice-iwu-to-court-for-alleged-n1-2billion-fraud/

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: EFCC Drags Maurice Iwu To Court Over N1.2 Billion Fraud by SLAP44: 5:36pm On Aug 07, 2019
The one sided corruption fight continues. Still waiting for them to arrest Jega too.

25 Likes 2 Shares

Re: EFCC Drags Maurice Iwu To Court Over N1.2 Billion Fraud by Kingosytex(m): 5:42pm On Aug 07, 2019
Iwu really chop money dat time o! Maurice Iwu held the award of the most corrupt and the most controversial election umpire that this country has ever had but that record has been shattered by Yakubu Mahmoud. Mahmoud is not only incompetent, corruption also oozes from his body.

Mahmoud is a big time yahoo man.

38 Likes 3 Shares

Re: EFCC Drags Maurice Iwu To Court Over N1.2 Billion Fraud by Aonkuuse(m): 5:43pm On Aug 07, 2019
This Maurice Iwu that will announce the winner in Abuja when result will still been collated at the polling units

35 Likes 2 Shares

Re: EFCC Drags Maurice Iwu To Court Over N1.2 Billion Fraud by myfan: 6:14pm On Aug 07, 2019
shocked

Na dem.

Please help a brother for academic needs...fees. Thanks.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: EFCC Drags Maurice Iwu To Court Over N1.2 Billion Fraud by Flyingngel(m): 6:16pm On Aug 07, 2019
Just because he fratenize with PDP in the last election.
Till today we have not heard abt Babachir Lawal grass cutting case. We are aware that he is a regular visitor to Aso Rock.
Let corruption fight have a human face,

19 Likes 3 Shares

Re: EFCC Drags Maurice Iwu To Court Over N1.2 Billion Fraud by timecapsule: 6:31pm On Aug 07, 2019
If you're not in APC, to the federal government you're a frauders. In APC no matter your tribe and religion your sins are forgiven.

This country is ..........

8 Likes

Re: EFCC Drags Maurice Iwu To Court Over N1.2 Billion Fraud by Amuocha: 6:35pm On Aug 07, 2019
dre11 sef cheesy
Re: EFCC Drags Maurice Iwu To Court Over N1.2 Billion Fraud by iloveyou82(f): 6:38pm On Aug 07, 2019
Iwu was a big thief

7 Likes

Re: EFCC Drags Maurice Iwu To Court Over N1.2 Billion Fraud by Aonkuuse(m): 6:53pm On Aug 07, 2019
timecapsule:
If you're not in APC, to the federal government you're a frauders. In APC no matter your tribe and religion your sins are forgiven.

This country is ..........
guess Ambode and Yari are PDP chairmen

24 Likes 4 Shares

Re: EFCC Drags Maurice Iwu To Court Over N1.2 Billion Fraud by realestniggah: 6:59pm On Aug 07, 2019
He still won't end up In Jail
Re: EFCC Drags Maurice Iwu To Court Over N1.2 Billion Fraud by MANNABBQGRILLS: 6:59pm On Aug 07, 2019
A top official in the commission who do not want his name on print disclosed that, Iwu is alleged to have between December 2014 and March 2015, aided the concealment of the sum of N1,203,000,000 (One Billion, Two Hundred and Three Million Naira).
And this is even lesser than the 2.1 BILLION Naira that was shared among the PDP criminals by ATM Dasuki just before the 2015 election that they lost woefully to Our Daddy!
First time in the history of our nation that an incumbent president lost an election!

Monies that was supposed to be used for buying arms and ammunition to combat the evil Boko Haram when they were not as bad and worse as this.
Letting hundreds of our soldiers died on war front cos they don't have the ammunition to tackle Boko boys.
They even jailed some of the soldiers that ran away from the battle line when they saw their colleagues being murdered like chicken, while some criminals looted the money meant for them.
Posterity will judge them all.
They will never know peace all the rest of their miserable lives along with the supporters hailing them.

Let's jiggle your memory to 2015 on how Dauski under the order of the ineffectual buffon looted our treasury.....
This is only for sane Nigerians btw, not Children of and perdition......

For those who may have forgotten, kindly joggle your memories with the following words on marble and you will agree with us that what happened few years back was nothing but gathering of rogues and criminals.
Happy reading:

1. I acted based on Jonathan's instruction - Dasuki

2. I didn't give order - Jonathan

3. I collected 350M from Dasuki for consultation - Iyorchia Ayu

4. I only collected $30,000 from Dasuki not N100m - Bode George

5. I got N4.6b from Dasuki for spiritual purposes - Bafarawa

6. I got N650M from Dasuki for my Abuja burnt office - Thisday Obaigbena.

7. I got N2.1b from Dasuki for publicity - Dokpesi

8. I got another N100m from Yuguda he didn't tell me from where - Bafarawa.

9. I gave N100m each to Odili, Jim Nwobodo Bode George and others - Yuguda

10. The president asked me to change N10B to foreign currency for PDP delegates - Dasuki

11. My boss asked me to get $11M from the CBN - Dasuki's account officer.

12. I got order from above to pay Tompolo N13B for Maritime university land. - Nimasa DG.

13. 950m was shared in my house -- Shekarau

With all this looting and many more revealed, some people are still shouting no sign of change yet.

23 Likes 7 Shares

Re: EFCC Drags Maurice Iwu To Court Over N1.2 Billion Fraud by MANNABBQGRILLS: 7:00pm On Aug 07, 2019
Aonkuuse:
guess Ambode and Yari are PDP chairmen
You even have time replying such things.

The fact is that : Once anybody decides to be willfully blind, no matter what you push in front of his eyes, he wouldn't see.
If he decides to be willfully deaf, even if there are thunder by his ears, he won't hear. 

The evil party raped our country blindly left, right and center!

WHERE ARE THE #WAILERS? 
"Over 20 billion dollars unremitted to the Federation account, and if nothing is done by 2015 upward, Nigeria will know what economic crisis is"
*~ Emir Sanusi Lamido Sanusi*

"Whoever wins 2015 will NEVER find it easy to govern. Over 30 trillion is mismanaged, unaccounted for or missing under Jonathan."
*~ Prof Charles Soludo*

"Our reserve is depleted and our savings are squandered. Our nation is in trouble."
*~ Dr Oby Ezekwesili.*

"For seven months, NNPC did not remit any money into federation account. When I called as a sitting governor and major oil producing state, Deziani Alison Madueke refused to pick my calls."
*~ Godswill Akpabio*

"I told them to save ahead of eventualities but Jonathan had no political will to do so and this is the reason why we are in crisis, because we squandered our boom."
*~ Okonjo Iweala*

"Okonjo-Iweala, Sanusi urged us to save but we state Governors refused to save for the unseen future during the tenure of Goodluck Jonathan, despite warning from economic experts."
*~ Peter Obi*

"Jonathan is a blessed ATM machine that doesn't have secret pin number"
*~ Bala Mohammed*

* Tompolo was paid 13Billion.!
* Ex-CDS,Alex Badeh dug a pit toilet to hide $32m.
* Patience Jonathan is claiming $31m, she has sued the Nigerian state.
* Femi Fani-Kayode took 740M.
* Dasuki used trucks to load over $35B from the CBN.
* Olisa Metuh took 400M.
* Aziboala, GEJ's cousin took 6B naira.
* Nenadi Usman took 3.5B naira.
* Fayose took 3B naira.
* Obanikoro took 4Billion naira.
* Olu Falae took 100M naira.
* Tony Anenih - 400M naira.
* Oritsejafor - $35M 
* Former Air Chief Amosu - 2Billion naira.
* Lucky Igbinedion-16B naira.
*Bode-George and Dabo -100B naira
* Jolly Nyame-2.4B naira.
* Joshua Dariye-700M naira.
*Nyesom Wike stole #4b.
* Diezzani with $20 billion missing oil money? 
15 billon dollars missing from arms fund, 10 billion naria, converted to dollars and given as gift to delegates of PDP Nation convention, Bafarawa collected 3 billion for spiritual purposes , 12. 7 billon naria for deceased NEPA staff grew wings and disappeared, 20 billion dollars missing from NNPC accounts, 23 billon naira as bribe to INEC staffs to rig the general election. The list is endless. They only left what they can't carry or unable to lay their hands on. The list continues.....
Recession didn't just happen, people looted Nigeria into RECESSION.

21 Likes 8 Shares

Re: EFCC Drags Maurice Iwu To Court Over N1.2 Billion Fraud by IMASTEX: 7:00pm On Aug 07, 2019
Well, it is getting interesting. Since the citizens are too scared to demand what they want on the government. I think the way the politicians have started fighting themselves via corruption make be another approach.

APC government arrest anyone "none APC members" found with corruption money. They collect the cash & disburse it among themselves. Then when another party get into government. The circle continues!

1 Like

Re: EFCC Drags Maurice Iwu To Court Over N1.2 Billion Fraud by UNIZIK1stSon(m): 7:00pm On Aug 07, 2019
wink
Re: EFCC Drags Maurice Iwu To Court Over N1.2 Billion Fraud by abumoney(m): 7:00pm On Aug 07, 2019
Nigerian Government and media trial. They keep making noise, no action
Re: EFCC Drags Maurice Iwu To Court Over N1.2 Billion Fraud by RealLordZeus(m): 7:00pm On Aug 07, 2019
Let APC jail corrupt PDP members and PDP also return the favor when they are in power! Las las local man will be free

5 Likes

Re: EFCC Drags Maurice Iwu To Court Over N1.2 Billion Fraud by Flexherbal(m): 7:01pm On Aug 07, 2019
I do not understand the things happening in this country anymore.
Re: EFCC Drags Maurice Iwu To Court Over N1.2 Billion Fraud by toprealman: 7:01pm On Aug 07, 2019
iloveyou82:
Iwu was a big thief
So give us the name of a daunting the current set up.
Re: EFCC Drags Maurice Iwu To Court Over N1.2 Billion Fraud by Cjayboy: 7:01pm On Aug 07, 2019
Hahahah...
I dey look kwa...
Re: EFCC Drags Maurice Iwu To Court Over N1.2 Billion Fraud by MANNABBQGRILLS: 7:02pm On Aug 07, 2019
iloveyou82:
Iwu was a big thief
A very Big THIEF he is!

We love you too! kiss

4 Likes 3 Shares

Re: EFCC Drags Maurice Iwu To Court Over N1.2 Billion Fraud by Nobody: 7:02pm On Aug 07, 2019
Kingosytex:
Iwu really chop money dat time o! Maurice Iwu held the award of the most corrupt and the most controvervial election umpire that this country has ever had but that record has been shattered by Yakubu Mahmoud. Mahmoud is not only incompetent, corruption also oozes from his body.

Mahmoud is a big time yahoo man.

The crime dates from 2013-14

Also, it's a myth to beleive rigging helps win elections. Thing is, Nigerians prefer to vote for PDP. PDP is the party most Nigerians love. That APC is winning is because enough PDP guys defected over to them.

If elections were rigged...Nigerians would have long since enforced their votes. That they don't shows that they actually prefer to be run by PDP or APC.
Re: EFCC Drags Maurice Iwu To Court Over N1.2 Billion Fraud by biosilicon: 7:02pm On Aug 07, 2019
grin
Re: EFCC Drags Maurice Iwu To Court Over N1.2 Billion Fraud by MANNABBQGRILLS: 7:02pm On Aug 07, 2019
realestniggah:
He still won't end up In Jail
....so says Mr Jailer!

2 Likes

Re: EFCC Drags Maurice Iwu To Court Over N1.2 Billion Fraud by Cymix: 7:03pm On Aug 07, 2019
what of the inconclusive inec chairman
Re: EFCC Drags Maurice Iwu To Court Over N1.2 Billion Fraud by Chibuzoc(m): 7:03pm On Aug 07, 2019
Gvc
Re: EFCC Drags Maurice Iwu To Court Over N1.2 Billion Fraud by Jabioro: 7:03pm On Aug 07, 2019
Maurice Ewu... somersaulted inec chairman...
Re: EFCC Drags Maurice Iwu To Court Over N1.2 Billion Fraud by Nobody: 7:04pm On Aug 07, 2019
Lol

What of Ganduje, why must it always have to look like it's oppression

Chinese Yuan Available @ #51/¥

1 Like

Re: EFCC Drags Maurice Iwu To Court Over N1.2 Billion Fraud by sotall(m): 7:04pm On Aug 07, 2019
angry
Re: EFCC Drags Maurice Iwu To Court Over N1.2 Billion Fraud by SouthSouth1914: 7:05pm On Aug 07, 2019
Nigeria is one hell of a country full of useless and senile politicians!

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

We're Planning A 'war' On Christians - Boko Haram / Nigeria’s Economy May Shrink Further - IMF / Wike And Wife At The 81st AIPS Congress In Brussels, Belgium (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.