Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,146 members, 7,821,914 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 09:35 PM

1,500 Landed Properties In Dubai Owned By Nigerians Discovered By Presidency - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / 1,500 Landed Properties In Dubai Owned By Nigerians Discovered By Presidency (29670 Views)

Moves To Save Obaseki By Presidency Flops / Covid-19: What President Buhari Has Done, And Is Doing, By Presidency / DSS Speaks On Plot By Presidency To Sack DSS DG, Yusuf Bichi (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

1,500 Landed Properties In Dubai Owned By Nigerians Discovered By Presidency by ijustdey: 5:42pm On Aug 07, 2019
•Woos Interpol To Unravel Owners

By Matthew Ogune

Special Presidential Investigation Panel for Recovery of Public Property (SPIP) said it has discovered over 1,500 landed properties owned by unidentified Nigerians in Dubai in the United Arab Emirates (UAE).

Chairman of the panel, Mr. Okoi Obono-Obla, who disclosed this to newsmen in his office in Abuja, added that the federal government has begun move to synergies with the International Police (Interpol) to unravel the owners of the said properties. He said: “Document in our possession is showing that some Nigerians has over 1,500 landed properties in Dubai, United Arab Emirate (UEA).

“We are working with the Interpol to unravel the identity of this Nigerians, because the information came in the form of phone numbers, both Nigeria phone numbers and international phone numbers, and I believe there is a technology that would be used to unravel the identity of this people.

“I can assure you that we will go to every extent to unravel this people and bring them to justice. It is not only public officers who have such properties, even business and private people.

“We are working with Interpol, because the work we are doing transcend the borders of Nigeria and some people take assets abroad. So, investigation cannot be localised, but we do not have the structure to do international investigation; hence we have partnered with the Interpol to assist us in our international investigations.”

According to him, any Nigerian who owns a property abroad is supposed to pay tax to the federal government, insisting: “If you have properties abroad and you do not pay tax to the Nigerian government you are committing an offence.”

https://m.guardian.ng/news/presidency-discovers-over-1500-landed-properties-in-dubai-owned-by-unidentified-nigerians/

10 Likes 2 Shares

Re: 1,500 Landed Properties In Dubai Owned By Nigerians Discovered By Presidency by oluwadabira111(m): 5:49pm On Aug 07, 2019
They should reveal their identity,so that we can know them,and they should take note, they should not be one sided when revealing their names.

37 Likes 2 Shares

Re: 1,500 Landed Properties In Dubai Owned By Nigerians Discovered By Presidency by oyin44: 5:49pm On Aug 07, 2019
grin

1 Like

Re: 1,500 Landed Properties In Dubai Owned By Nigerians Discovered By Presidency by scribble: 5:52pm On Aug 07, 2019
Not every Nigerian is a thief like Buhari and Tinubu

Some acquired their property legally

208 Likes 18 Shares

Re: 1,500 Landed Properties In Dubai Owned By Nigerians Discovered By Presidency by HappyPagan: 5:57pm On Aug 07, 2019
This "Nigerian" means different things.

6 Likes 3 Shares

Re: 1,500 Landed Properties In Dubai Owned By Nigerians Discovered By Presidency by youngmd: 5:57pm On Aug 07, 2019
I need a old Facebook account to buy if u have qoute me let chat

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: 1,500 Landed Properties In Dubai Owned By Nigerians Discovered By Presidency by Flyingngel(m): 6:02pm On Aug 07, 2019
Atleast we knw Burutai has few properties there.

118 Likes 11 Shares

Re: 1,500 Landed Properties In Dubai Owned By Nigerians Discovered By Presidency by KfashionHubb: 6:06pm On Aug 07, 2019
Most of them owned by northerners

66 Likes 6 Shares

Re: 1,500 Landed Properties In Dubai Owned By Nigerians Discovered By Presidency by PatriotTemidayo: 6:39pm On Aug 07, 2019
Why are we so backward in this country. Whenever the vision less leaders wanto get us busy, they bring up stupid issues......

Every citizen of every country owns landed property in different lands.

But watch senseless Nigerian youth will start foamy at mouth with these rubbish release.

87 Likes 6 Shares

Re: 1,500 Landed Properties In Dubai Owned By Nigerians Discovered By Presidency by Ayoleeboy007: 6:42pm On Aug 07, 2019
youngmd:

I need a old Facebook account to buy if u have
qoute me let chat
3 years
Re: 1,500 Landed Properties In Dubai Owned By Nigerians Discovered By Presidency by Turantula(m): 6:43pm On Aug 07, 2019
Buratai will not like this

6 Likes

Re: 1,500 Landed Properties In Dubai Owned By Nigerians Discovered By Presidency by Nobody: 7:07pm On Aug 07, 2019
Lol. They want us to forget about sowore and his illegal detention. Very predictable government

17 Likes

Re: 1,500 Landed Properties In Dubai Owned By Nigerians Discovered By Presidency by seunmohmoh(f): 7:07pm On Aug 07, 2019
Is this really necessary?

4 Likes

Re: 1,500 Landed Properties In Dubai Owned By Nigerians Discovered By Presidency by flexyrule(m): 7:07pm On Aug 07, 2019
Distractions.. The next thing would be excuses!

10 Likes

Re: 1,500 Landed Properties In Dubai Owned By Nigerians Discovered By Presidency by Cue4rm: 7:07pm On Aug 07, 2019
This format is no longer working, STALE.

Look for another distraction, this level don cast

42 Likes 4 Shares

Re: 1,500 Landed Properties In Dubai Owned By Nigerians Discovered By Presidency by Nobody: 7:07pm On Aug 07, 2019
KfashionHubb:
Most of them owned by northerners

Hmm, so you know the owners of the properties? Better tell EFCC quick quick!

Now that there is whistelblowers law...you might get a portion when the case is concluded! cheesy

2 Likes

9ja

The way we should celebrate oct 1 is

Season 59 episode 21325.

This country is a seasonal joke.

But on a more serious note you think Dubai won't want to protect their investment. The case is DOA

1 Like

Re: 1,500 Landed Properties In Dubai Owned By Nigerians Discovered By Presidency by Nobody: 7:08pm On Aug 07, 2019
start from Buratai

14 Likes

Re: 1,500 Landed Properties In Dubai Owned By Nigerians Discovered By Presidency by Nobody: 7:08pm On Aug 07, 2019
ijustdey:

•Woos Interpol To Unravel Owners

Not sure I understand the statement

Is it illegal for Nigerians to own property in Dubai?

Tell me this is some overzealous "blogger" at work...

12 Likes

Re: 1,500 Landed Properties In Dubai Owned By Nigerians Discovered By Presidency by airminem(f): 7:08pm On Aug 07, 2019
"who is the Presidency "

11 Likes

Re: 1,500 Landed Properties In Dubai Owned By Nigerians Discovered By Presidency by Leonbonapart(m): 7:08pm On Aug 07, 2019
How's that their business

11 Likes

Re: 1,500 Landed Properties In Dubai Owned By Nigerians Discovered By Presidency by oluwamaich(m): 7:08pm On Aug 07, 2019
Legal or Illegal

Moreover, what contribution did Nigeria made to their life that made them owe task for owing property in another man's land.

Nigeria sha

5 Likes

Re: 1,500 Landed Properties In Dubai Owned By Nigerians Discovered By Presidency by Cymix: 7:09pm On Aug 07, 2019
it's now I believe buhari is a sadist

10 Likes

Re: 1,500 Landed Properties In Dubai Owned By Nigerians Discovered By Presidency by Deepfeel(m): 7:09pm On Aug 07, 2019
I know they are jealous of atiku having a house in Dubai grin

7 Likes

Re: 1,500 Landed Properties In Dubai Owned By Nigerians Discovered By Presidency by Xcelinteriors(f): 7:09pm On Aug 07, 2019
Is it a crime to own landed property in foreign land again?
Ndi iberibe leaving the main issue and focusing on lands outside Nigeria because of tax. Olorun a bi gbogbo yin

11 Likes

Re: 1,500 Landed Properties In Dubai Owned By Nigerians Discovered By Presidency by NORSIYK(m): 7:09pm On Aug 07, 2019
Chief of Army staff is one of them

10 Likes

Re: 1,500 Landed Properties In Dubai Owned By Nigerians Discovered By Presidency by biosilicon: 7:09pm On Aug 07, 2019
is owning property in dubai by nigerians now a crime?

17 Likes

Re: 1,500 Landed Properties In Dubai Owned By Nigerians Discovered By Presidency by Afiahomes(m): 7:09pm On Aug 07, 2019
and i have like 3 landed properties in UAE grin grin

2 Likes

Re: 1,500 Landed Properties In Dubai Owned By Nigerians Discovered By Presidency by MANNABBQGRILLS: 7:09pm On Aug 07, 2019
We are working with the Interpol to unravel the identity of this Nigerians, because the information came in the form of phone numbers, both Nigeria phone numbers and international phone numbers, and I believe there is a technology that would be used to unravel the identity of this people.
I can assure you that we will go to every extent to unravel this people and bring them to justice. It is not only public officers who have such properties, even business and private people.
OH LORD!!
We are short of words right now.

And it is more appaling to see some hungry youths that don't know where their next meal is coming from supporting criminals that looted their miserable lives and that of their poor unborn children!
ONLY IN NIGERIA!
Tufiakwa!!

6 Likes 4 Shares

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Access To Twitter Denied From Nigeria Cyberspace - BBC Reports / Buhari Is The Major Problem Of Nigeria – fayose / Armed Autopiloters Attack Labour Party Event In Enugu (Video)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.