Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,506 members, 7,819,835 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 02:06 AM

Nigerian Soldiers Kill Three Police Officers, Injure Others – Official - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Nigerian Soldiers Kill Three Police Officers, Injure Others – Official (25983 Views)

Unknown Gunmen Attack Enugu Police Station, Kill 2 Officers, Injure Others / Gunmen Storm Burial Ceremony In Rivers, Kidnap Politicians, Injure Others (Graph / Gunmen Shoot Many Dead In Omoku, Rivers, Injure Others (Graphic Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Nigerian Soldiers Kill Three Police Officers, Injure Others – Official by Blue3k(m): 5:50am On Aug 08, 2019
The police on Wednesday announced the killing of three officers and severe injuries on other personnel after Nigerian soldiers opened fire on a police team in Taraba.

The incident occurred along Ibi-Jalingo Road, police said. The officers were of the Intelligence Response Team (IRT).

Felix Adolije, an assistant police superintendent, led the officers to the state to arrest a suspected kidnap kingpin whom the police identified as ‘Alhaji Hamisu.’

The police officers “came under sudden attack and serious shooting by soldiers of the Nigerian Army,” police spokesperson, Frank Mba, said in a statement.

The officers were taking Mr Hamisu to the Command Headquarters in Jalingo when the soldiers opened fire on them “despite sufficient proof that they are police personnel on legitimate duty,” the police said.

A civilian was also killed alongside the inspector and two sergeants by the soldiers, while an undisclosed number of others sustained injuries.

“The soldiers thereafter released the handcuffed suspect, Alhaji Hamisu, who is now on the run,” the police said.

The police identified Mr Hamisu as a notorious kidnap kingpin who has been on the police wanted list for his alleged complicity in several high-profile kidnap cases, including the recent abduction of an oil dealer in Taraba State.

The oil dealer, who was not named in the police statement, paid N100 million to regain his freedom, police said.

An assistant inspector-general has been sent to the state to coordinate treatment of the injured police officers. The remains of the deceased have been deposited in the morgue.

Inspector-General Muhammad Adama has ordered an urgent investigation into “the bizarre and unfortunate incident,” Mr Mba, a deputy police commissioner, added in the statement.

Sagir Musa, a spokesperson for the Nigerian Army, did not immediately return requests for comments from PREMIUM TIMES on the incident.

Source: https://www.premiumtimesng.com/news/headlines/345591-breaking-nigerian-soldiers-kill-three-police-officers-injure-others-official.html

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Nigerian Soldiers Kill Three Police Officers, Injure Others – Official by Blue3k(m): 5:55am On Aug 08, 2019
Man this funny in satirical satirical manner. Lol friendly fire is fool. The police not only get murdered by soldiers they lose suspect and let alleged criminals escape. These police officers sound like pansies if they dont get to bottom of this.

“The soldiers thereafter released the handcuffed suspect, Alhaji Hamisu, who is now on the run,” the police said.

The case needs to be investigated by an outside department. There's clearly something rotten in Denmark.

38 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Nigerian Soldiers Kill Three Police Officers, Injure Others – Official by bishopkay: 5:58am On Aug 08, 2019
Or maybe what happened is a section of the team decided to go rogue, kill the uncooperative members of the team, make it look like they were ambushed, got some self inflicted injuries to make the story believable, collect their share of the 100M naira ransom Alhaji Mamisu offered them and turned him loose.

I'd trust a snake in my house first before I trust a Nigerian police officer! The lie those people tell would put the devil's title as prince of lies to shame and I am sure the devil shudders and grumbles each time they unleash their lying prowess.

42 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigerian Soldiers Kill Three Police Officers, Injure Others – Official by nasirujj(m): 6:11am On Aug 08, 2019
bishopkay:
Or maybe what happened is a section of the team decided to go rogue, kill the uncooperative members of the team, make it look like they were ambushed, got some self inflicted injuries to make the story believable, collect their share of the 100M naira ransom Alhaji Mamisu offered them and turned him loose.

I'd trust a snake in my house first before I trust a Nigerian police officer! The lie those people tell would put the devil's title as prince of lies to shame and I am sure the devil shudders and grumbles each time they unleash their lying prowess.

Exactly, 9ja police are something else. If police can clearly write bail is free and still collect money. The last thing I will do is to believe them

24 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Nigerian Soldiers Kill Three Police Officers, Injure Others – Official by papaput2(m): 6:22am On Aug 08, 2019
Police and soldiers rivalry no be today wonder y those guys are like Tom and Jerry .... just imagine

Nigeria I reckon is no longer a country cos nothing is working normal

3 Likes

Re: Nigerian Soldiers Kill Three Police Officers, Injure Others – Official by stuffs4me(m): 6:35am On Aug 08, 2019
The military is the number criminal body in the country. They murdered policemen and set a notorious Fulani kidnapper free just because he is a Fulani.

This was how fulani army men killed vigilante men in yhe southwest and set another Fulani kidnapper free.

Fulani men in the military are notorious for protecting their brothers who are criminals all over the country.

26 Likes

Re: Nigerian Soldiers Kill Three Police Officers, Injure Others – Official by simple250: 6:38am On Aug 08, 2019
Nigeria is something else ,obj wasted money on Nigeria satellite. What is the use of that rubbish they lunched years back .How can we confirm this news definitely the army will deny it because criminals can use army camouflage to operate ..

4 Likes

Re: Nigerian Soldiers Kill Three Police Officers, Injure Others – Official by simple250: 6:44am On Aug 08, 2019
stuffs4me:
The military is the number criminal body in the country. They murdered policemen and set a notorious Fulani kidnapper free just because he is a Fulani.

Calm down ,we have criminals that use army camouflage to operate when you see them they kite up very well just like our army .blame your government so I side police van or car there is no secret CCTV for recording even if it voice recording .

7 Likes

Re: Nigerian Soldiers Kill Three Police Officers, Injure Others – Official by stuffs4me(m): 6:47am On Aug 08, 2019
simple250:

Calm down ,we have criminals that use army camouflage to operate when you see them they kite up very well just like our army .blame your government so I side police van or car there is no secret CCTV for recording even if it voice recording .

Olodo wey you be. Even the army has not denied it. Besides, was it not the soldiers that have been selling most military kits to criminals?

14 Likes

Re: Nigerian Soldiers Kill Three Police Officers, Injure Others – Official by Fineman1759(m): 6:49am On Aug 08, 2019
G

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Soldiers Kill Three Police Officers, Injure Others – Official by chinavs9ja(m): 6:49am On Aug 08, 2019
States are against each other, forces are also killing each other...And we claim to have a president!

I am a website designer...check my signature

5 Likes

Re: Nigerian Soldiers Kill Three Police Officers, Injure Others – Official by Nobody: 6:49am On Aug 08, 2019
bunch of untrained animals fighting themselves.

Nigerian forcemen should only be allowed to walk
around with stick

13 Likes

Re: Nigerian Soldiers Kill Three Police Officers, Injure Others – Official by Ikegift4real(m): 6:51am On Aug 08, 2019
grin what do I know

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Soldiers Kill Three Police Officers, Injure Others – Official by ednut1(m): 6:51am On Aug 08, 2019
Why announce the ransom money biko

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Soldiers Kill Three Police Officers, Injure Others – Official by Skepticus: 6:52am On Aug 08, 2019
cool

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Soldiers Kill Three Police Officers, Injure Others – Official by meezynetwork(m): 6:53am On Aug 08, 2019
Naija wahala

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Soldiers Kill Three Police Officers, Injure Others – Official by stuffs4me(m): 6:54am On Aug 08, 2019
bishopkay:

Most criminals like you hate the police. Nothing special about your case. Its a world wide phenomenon.

5 Likes

Re: Nigerian Soldiers Kill Three Police Officers, Injure Others – Official by ElsonMorali: 6:55am On Aug 08, 2019
Oh Nigeria! Revolution Now!

4 Likes

Re: Nigerian Soldiers Kill Three Police Officers, Injure Others – Official by olafimi: 6:55am On Aug 08, 2019
nonsense

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Soldiers Kill Three Police Officers, Injure Others – Official by Nobody: 6:56am On Aug 08, 2019
Military men are now used as mercenaries grin Omo this was what jesus meant when he said it is finished.

5 Likes

Re: Nigerian Soldiers Kill Three Police Officers, Injure Others – Official by sotall(m): 6:57am On Aug 08, 2019
Friendly fire gone wrong

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Soldiers Kill Three Police Officers, Injure Others – Official by kollinz1234(m): 6:58am On Aug 08, 2019
...... He was afraid of the mans confession and he knew the police will not forgive and Buhari is looking for a reason to deal with him. That is why they had to go to the extent of killing police men on duty. Next they (Nigeria army) will come and issue a public statement, stating an obvious lie that the police refuse to stop at a check point. The police will debunk the accusation. And it will lead to more blood baths between the police and the soldiers in the state. Then u will hear that the kidnapper has been killed. Quote me in the next 48 hrs

38 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Nigerian Soldiers Kill Three Police Officers, Injure Others – Official by kollinz1234(m): 6:59am On Aug 08, 2019
What else do u call a ZOO

3 Likes

Re: Nigerian Soldiers Kill Three Police Officers, Injure Others – Official by elganzar(m): 6:59am On Aug 08, 2019
Eeyah ��‍♂️
Re: Nigerian Soldiers Kill Three Police Officers, Injure Others – Official by TANID(m): 7:00am On Aug 08, 2019
Blue3k:
Man this funny in satirical satirical manner. Lol friendly fire is fool. The police not only get murdered by soldiers they lose suspect and let alleged criminals escape. These police officers sound like pansies if they dont get to bottom of this.

The case needs to be investigated by an outside department. There's clearly something rotten in Denmark.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Soldiers Kill Three Police Officers, Injure Others – Official by eben1marketer: 7:01am On Aug 08, 2019
cheesy
Re: Nigerian Soldiers Kill Three Police Officers, Injure Others – Official by Criticaltemp: 7:02am On Aug 08, 2019
Trouble dey.. Imagine war 9ja police vs 9ja army.. E go sweet die.. Then later, efcc vs DSS..

8 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Viral Video Of A Lady Being Butchered By Fellow Ladies (graphic) / Is There Any Law Banning Making Of Calls At Police Checkpoints / Policeman Rides Seized Tricycle, Hits Mother, Baby (picture)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.