Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,160,432 members, 7,843,317 topics. Date: Tuesday, 28 May 2024 at 10:42 PM

Ribadu Needs Repackaging - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Ribadu Needs Repackaging (4877 Views)

Make Steady Income Repackaging And Packaging Products In Nigeria. / Dr. Uduaghan Of Delta State, Receivered Award For Teachers Repackaging / Ribadu’s Appointment Is An Insult – Tinubu (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Ribadu Needs Repackaging by netotse(m): 10:48pm On Oct 19, 2010
i cant but agree with you. . .the roadmap is at least 75% of the reason i'm voting for GEJ, if it clicks, e go pay me die.
Re: Ribadu Needs Repackaging by Nobody: 11:00pm On Oct 19, 2010
Jonathan's power agenda is not entirely new, it is only an improvement on OBJ's

the only difference is privatation of energy retail and distribution.

This is after months and months of experts calling for this strategy. Jonathan is not the brainchild of the strategy he simply adopted other people's ideas.
Re: Ribadu Needs Repackaging by Beaf: 11:00pm On Oct 19, 2010
mbulela:

Only idiots trade insults online probably because they feel insecure in the real world.
That is way beneath me.
I am not available for such childish antics and tantrums.
Go find your mates or play with your toys.

Next time, don't comment on my intelligence or go personal, so you don't have to call yourself an !diot again. My political conviction cannot be bullied out of me.

By the way, the challenge is still open; post at least one thread where you have actually analysed something, not just condemned and abused. Or have you come to the same conclusion I have, that you lack the power or skills to analyse and can only abuse and condemn? Funny guy, a lot of Nigerians feel that being loud and abusive is intelligence. Shame.
Re: Ribadu Needs Repackaging by Beaf: 11:03pm On Oct 19, 2010
krendo:

Jonathan's power agenda is not entirely new, it is only an improvement on OBJ's

the only difference is privatation of energy retail and distribution.

This is after months and months of experts calling for this strategy. Jonathan is not the brainchild of the strategy he simply adopted other people's ideas.

Can you back up this statement with believable quotes and references? I doubt it.

Anyways, lets not derail a thread about Ribadu (I blame mbulela).
Re: Ribadu Needs Repackaging by SapeleGuy: 11:04pm On Oct 19, 2010
Oga poster, no amount of repackaging go work for Ribadu. You can not make a silk purse from a pigs ear.
Re: Ribadu Needs Repackaging by mbulela: 11:05pm On Oct 19, 2010
Beaf:

Next time, don't comment on my intelligence or go personal, so you don't have to call yourself an !diot again. My political conviction cannot be bullied out of me.

By the way, the challenge is still open; post at least one thread where you have actually analysed something, not just condemned and abused. Or have you come to the same conclusion I have that you lack the power or skills to analyse and only abuse and condemn? Funny guy, a lot of Nigerians feel that being loud and abusive is intelligence. Shame.

Have you looked in the mirror, recently?
Re: Ribadu Needs Repackaging by Beaf: 11:08pm On Oct 19, 2010
^
Take up my challenge, abi nutin de? Can't you find a single post where you actually analysed something? . . .Anything? shocked
Re: Ribadu Needs Repackaging by Mobinga: 11:50pm On Oct 19, 2010
NRFP l
Re: Ribadu Needs Repackaging by semid4lyfe(m): 12:42am On Oct 20, 2010
Hehehehehe. . . .LWKMDFH grin
Euphemisms don't come better than this:

but he has not been better (than GEJ) in articulation  

Fact is Ribadu's articulation is terrible and worse than Jonathan's (which is okay IMO). To say his command of English is appalling will be an understatement. I watched him on tv during Fayemi's swearing-in and I was like WTF! Shey na the Ribadu wey some men dey hype for Nairaland be this?. He was magnificently pathetic & had nothing upstairs.. He only succeeded in convincing me not to vote for him. It's seems the people who are talking about (re)packaging him have forgotten that an old dog can't be taught new tricks. .Put lipstick & beautiful clothes on a pig and it'd still behave like one grin

No amount of repackaging/rebranding can help Ribadu. I'm so looking forward to a GEJ vs Ribadu presidential debate.
Re: Ribadu Needs Repackaging by kcjazz(m): 1:16am On Oct 20, 2010
I read his interview on NVS and it was lacking bite, its not even about policies but the fact that he even interrupted journalist grin, am like bros calm down.
Meanwhile, in the battle of communication GEJ is leading with his Facebook, always the first to respond to any issues before any one. I am not a GEJ fan but he is winning the battle.

At this pace, NR can't win next year because the time is short, even Obama was terrible in his first debate in 2007, but that was 2 years before he sharpened skills. So far, among the 3 candidates that have interviewed on NVS surprisingly Dele Momodu is the only person that had an idea on policies. NR should release his policies for possible re-branding, time is really short.
Re: Ribadu Needs Repackaging by OAM4J: 1:38am On Oct 20, 2010
I agree NR is not one of the most articulate presidential materials we have. But anyone complaining about NR communication skill should not be a Buhari's fan, cos I listened to both  interviews at NVS and IMO Buhari is worse.

But the question we need to ask ourselves is what qualities are of high priority to us for 2011 presidential election? Vision? Integrity? sincerity? or communication skills?
Re: Ribadu Needs Repackaging by kcjazz(m): 1:49am On Oct 20, 2010
^^^^ I think everything is important. What NR should do is stop talking about EFCC and his victimization. Change the discussion to what he is bringing to the table, (its like Obama focusing on his race to win elections,) what is his policy and what is new about it. How can I explain it to my grandma that would make her stand up and vote without a bag of salt/rice as an incentive.

Per communication, I believe every leader must know how to project his ideas either through writing or speaking.
Re: Ribadu Needs Repackaging by houvest: 3:57am On Oct 20, 2010
I believe that Ribadu, BRF, Amechi, PU, Soludo, El Ruffai,Duke are for the future. Not now. Beaf's advice is apt. NR should goto the house and after 4 years he will be ready.
Re: Ribadu Needs Repackaging by Nobody: 5:31am On Oct 20, 2010
netotse:

i cant but agree with you. . .the roadmap is at least 75% of the reason i'm voting for GEJ, if it clicks, e go pay me die.

voting with your pockets cheesy cheesy cheesy
Re: Ribadu Needs Repackaging by Beaf: 5:50am On Oct 20, 2010
OAM4J:

I agree NR is not one of the most articulate presidential materials we have. But anyone complaining about NR communication skill should not be a Buhari's fan, cos I listen to both interviews at NVS and IMO Buhari is worse.

But the question we need to ask ourselves is what qualities are of high priority to us for 2011 presidential election? Vision? Integrity? sincerity? or communication skills?

I like the way you've boiled it down to the bare essentials. At our point in development, spoken English does not count in any way. We need vision and integrity, I will go so far to say that vision should be the greatest asset on our shopping list. In the practical World, integrity always follows vision, either matching in step or following closely behind.
Re: Ribadu Needs Repackaging by Akanbiedu(m): 9:08am On Oct 20, 2010
Beaf:

Ribadu speaks worse English and has less charisma than GEJ. That is not debatable. GEJ can put a big vision forward (eg power supply), while Ribadu has repeatedly floundered at every single question in every interview. In fact, all of his interviews have been bloody alarming.

Make no mistake about it though, Ribadu is a man of the future, he is just a rough diamond whose only real error is lack of experience outside a uniform, he needs to sort that out and learn to operate in a civilian World where nothing happens "immediately," (a word he uses too often). The rest of his mistakes stem from that lack of civilian experience, get him a four-year stint as a senator or rep and see the difference.

Ribadu's inexperience shows itself in more than one way; the scariest however, is the way he allowed himself to be bamboozled into the top hierarchy of politics by a willy old fox, Bola Tinubu. It is widely known that Tinubu has several open criminal files, most opened by Ribadu himself. It is arguable that Tinubu does not care about an ACN presidency as much as he cares about neutralising the man who gave him such grief. In talking Ribadu into the plum job, Tinubu has insured himself against any trial in which Ribadu will be a witness of any weight.

Ribadu’s second display of inexperience is his willingness to talk down PDP, where he and the likes of El-Rufai stand to gain most from the defeat of the old Northern forces. After that task is completed, the mantle of Northern leadership would fall naturally into the laps a younger, progressive breed. But where will Ribadu be, in limbo? A newbie in Ribadu's shoes shouldn't talk down any political party.

Right now, Ribadu is headed nowhere. He is simply Tinubu’s latest get out of jail card and expensive plaything. Anyone arguing against my assertion will do better asking why Ribadu is never well prepared for any interview; it seems Tinubu and ACN are pretty relaxed about the prospect of their representative appearing to be a bumbling wreck and slowly self-destructing. Why? Other political parties would get interview questions before hand and get their candidate groomed and well prepared. Why not ACN?

I hope Ribadu can see the trap he has fallen into and back out.

Jarus take note. See how Beaf has managed to wrap Ribadu in Tinubu's shadow just to discredit everything he stands for. Thats what support is about. Have you ever seen him mentioned any downside to GEJ? no. Let me give you an example, it is well known that PDP has many more corrupt politicians, many who are supporting GEJ now Anenih, Alameseigha, OBj, Daniel, the list is endless but you can never see Beaf mentioning these things when talking about his candidate. rather he will always find things bad about opponents.

Learn from him. Before you support, you must have weighed all the pros and cons of the candidate before supporting.
Re: Ribadu Needs Repackaging by Gbawe: 9:38am On Oct 20, 2010
Akanbi_edu:

Jarus take note. See how Beaf has managed to wrap Ribadu in Tinubu's shadow just to discredit everything he stands for. Thats what support is about. Have you ever seen him mentioned any downside to GEJ? no. Let me give you an example, it is well known that PDP has many more corrupt politicians, many who are supporting GEJ now Anenih, Alameseigha, OBj, Daniel, the list is endless but you can never see Beaf mentioning these things when talking about his candidate. rather he will always find things bad about opponents.

Learn from him. Before you support, you must have weighed all the pros and cons of the candidate before supporting.

My brother , this is a very intelligent post along with your first contribution to this thread. The dangers of these type of threads is that they become a congregation ground for the desperate opponents of Ribadu who , in the eyes of Nigerians , do not have anywhere near Ribadu's record of brave service to his nation. It is then puzzling that this thread is started by a Ribadu fan.

Jonathan and some other candidates , undoubtedly and by far, are much easier target for criticism than Ribadu as far as suitability for top office goes . Ribadu is a good man. Far more sincere than most. He has things to learn but he will learn them. His supporters should not be guilty of criticising him publicly and supplying opponents with ammunition. IBB and Jonathan fans are not doing such despite their candidates actually being much poorer than Ribadu. Some fans of Jonathan would welcome a respite from the onslaught their candidate is recieving for his ineptitude and weakness. Simultaneously they would welcome the chance to rail against the opposition. I knew what this thread would become and this is why , after my initial comments, I saw no need to return to it until your very insightful contribution.
Re: Ribadu Needs Repackaging by netotse(m): 10:02am On Oct 20, 2010
Gbawe:

My brother , this is a very intelligent post along with your first contribution to this thread. The dangers of these type of threads is that they become a congregation ground for the desperate opponents of Ribadu who , in the eyes of Nigerians , do not have anywhere near Ribadu's record of brave service to his nation. It is then puzzling that this thread is started by a Ribadu fan.

Jonathan and some other candidates , undoubtedly and by far, are much easier target for criticism than Ribadu as far as suitability for top office goes . Ribadu is a good man. Far more sincere than most. He has things to learn but he will learn them. His supporters should not be guilty of criticising him publicly and supplying opponents with ammunition. IBB and Jonathan fans are not doing such despite their candidates actually being much poorer than Ribadu. Some fans of Jonathan would welcome a respite from the onslaught their candidate is recieving for his ineptitude and weakness. Simultaneously they would welcome the chance to rail against the opposition. I knew what this thread would become and this is why , after my initial comments, I saw no need to return to it until your very insightful contribution.
byeeeeee. . .

oyb:

voting with your pockets cheesy cheesy cheesy
yes ke. . .

@thread
i dont know who the guy has around him, it's obvious they're not telling him the truth. . .the guy needs serious coaching.
Re: Ribadu Needs Repackaging by hercules07: 10:22am On Oct 20, 2010
I am about to derail this thread small, apologies to Jarus. I see people saying that the power roadmap is a good one yet, people are not looking at what the cost of power will be when the sector is privatised abi what is the use of power when you can not afford it. On point, we need all the good men we can get to be involved in politics, Ribadu is one of the few good men and the shortcomings he might have with articulation can be remedied later. PDP ( GEJ, OBJ, IBB, Atiku, Gusau et al) has dragged this country back, we need to get rid of them.
Re: Ribadu Needs Repackaging by mbulela: 10:29am On Oct 20, 2010
I am perplexed at how Jarus is being derided for airing an opinion on Ribadu.
How can we be seen to be muscling constructive criticism in an open society?
And we are holding up sycophancy as a model of follower-ship.
This is the same attitude that got us in this mess and emboldens men like IBB in the present dispensation.
Re: Ribadu Needs Repackaging by netotse(m): 10:31am On Oct 20, 2010
@herculeso7
start a thread on the power thing if you really want to understand it. . .
Re: Ribadu Needs Repackaging by Beaf: 10:37am On Oct 20, 2010
hercules07:

I am about to derail this thread small, apologies to Jarus. I see people saying that the power roadmap is a good one yet, people are not looking at what the cost of power will be when the sector is privatised abi what is the use of power when you can not afford it. On point, we need all the good men we can get to be involved in politics, Ribadu is one of the few good men and the shortcomings he might have with articulation can be remedied later. PDP ( GEJ, OBJ, IBB, Atiku, Gusau et al) has dragged this country back, we need to get rid of them.

You will find that the math for that has already been done and all i's dotted, plus all t's crossed. Nigerians spend a whopping $13billa on generators every year!!! 40% of the cost of business in Nigeria is spent on generators!!!
Even if you double or triple or quadruple or quintuple or. . .  The cost would still be a mere fraction of the cost of powering a gen. Which will you choose? wink
Re: Ribadu Needs Repackaging by Beaf: 10:49am On Oct 20, 2010
Akanbi_edu:

Jarus has done no wrong.

Contrary to what you think, I genuinely love Ribadu and have always been a fan. I just don't wish to see him cheapened and discarded by a cheap, drug tainted criminal like Tinubu.
Ribadu has fallen into a trap, I asked the question before; what party allows its presidential candidate to attend interview after interview and come out looking lost and incapable? I don't like what ACN is doing to the man. Quite clearly, ACN's interest in Ribadu dovetails neatly with Tinubu's; and from all indications, Tinubu's plan is to use an inexperienced Ribadu as a disposable bridge to escape punishment for his crimes. Every true Ribadu supporter will kick against the sacriledge the man is being put through, just like Jarus has done.
Re: Ribadu Needs Repackaging by Akanbiedu(m): 3:42pm On Oct 20, 2010
Beaf:

Jarus has done no wrong.

Contrary to what you think, I genuinely love Ribadu and have always been a fan. I just don't wish to see him cheapened and discarded by a cheap, drug tainted criminal like Tinubu.
Ribadu has fallen into a trap, I asked the question before; what party allows its presidential candidate to attend interview after interview and come out looking lost and incapable? I don't like what ACN is doing to the man. Quite clearly, ACN's interest in Ribadu dovetails neatly with Tinubu's; and from all indications, Tinubu's plan is to use an inexperienced Ribadu as a disposable bridge to escape punishment for his crimes. Every true Ribadu supporter will kick against the sacriledge the man is being put through, just like Jarus has done.

What is it about Tinubu being a criminal sef? If the criminals you are supporting are like Tinubu, Nigeria would be better than this.
Re: Ribadu Needs Repackaging by hackney(m): 3:47pm On Oct 20, 2010
They need to first go to the soak-away and repackage all the shaite there.
Then if we have some time left we can repackage any nigerian contesting
for anything.
Re: Ribadu Needs Repackaging by jaybee(f): 5:06pm On Oct 20, 2010
@ Krendo

This thread is for Nuhu Ribadu and his sympathisers. i suggest you post a separate thread for IBB and his fans. i am one. but not die hard. i wil tell why in the nearest future.

FOR A BETTER NIGERIA, VOTE IBB FOR PRESIDENT; I AM CONVINCED, QUOTE ME. DONT SAY YOU WERE NOT INFORMED. LOOK BEFORE YOU LEAP.

Disclaimer

I don't love IBB. I love Nigeria. If God Almighty  will use IBB to make Nigeria better who am i to stand against it?
Re: Ribadu Needs Repackaging by mrofficial(m): 5:43pm On Oct 20, 2010
Beaf:

Jarus has done no wrong.

Contrary to what you think, I genuinely love Ribadu and have always been a fan. [s]I just don't wish to see him cheapened and discarded by a cheap, drug tainted criminal like Tinubu.
Ribadu has fallen into a trap, I asked the question before; what party allows its presidential candidate to attend interview after interview and come out looking lost and incapable? I don't like what ACN is doing to the man. Quite clearly, ACN's interest in Ribadu dovetails neatly with Tinubu's; and from all indications, Tinubu's plan is to use an inexperienced Ribadu as a disposable bridge to escape punishment for his crimes. Every true Ribadu supporter will kick against the sacriledge the man is being put through, just like Jarus has done.[/s]

Sorry to say. You re not making sense, sir.
Re: Ribadu Needs Repackaging by papabaks(m): 5:43pm On Oct 20, 2010
All you anti GEJ, should better go and rethink and accept that, this is Gods doing, Criticized or not GEJ is the next president come 2011,

All we need is no Fraudster or anyone that have any record or frauds,

Once you have failed in one sector, that show how incapable you might be in handling bigger responsibilities. GEJ Records has been clean and challenging to all politician in this country. A good leader and a wonderful listener,

ALL HIS(GEJ) ASKING FOR IS FOR US ALL TO SUPPORT HIM AND MAKE THIS COUNTRY A GRATE NATION WITH GOOD PEOPLE,

Thanks
Re: Ribadu Needs Repackaging by mrofficial(m): 5:48pm On Oct 20, 2010
papabaks:

All you anti GEJ, should better go and rethink and accept that, this is Gods doing, Criticized or not GEJ is the next president come 2011,

All we need is no Fraudster or anyone that have any record or frauds,

Once you have failed in one sector, that show how incapable you might be in handling bigger responsibilities. GEJ Records has been clean and challenging to all politician in this country. A good leader and a wonderful listener,

ALL HIS(GEJ) ASKING FOR IS FOR US ALL TO SUPPORT HIM AND MAKE THIS COUNTRY A GRATE NATION WITH GOOD PEOPLE,

Thanks

Then he should leave PDP. I will not vote for any PDP candidate. What's IBB doing in that party? shocked Hell no. Yuck!!!
Re: Ribadu Needs Repackaging by asoderock(m): 6:26pm On Oct 20, 2010
We should be careful not to allow PDP to seize power yet again.

Whatever good intention GEJ may have, his compatriots in PDP will never let him succeed. Governance is a team work & the likes of OBJ, ANENIH etc being part of the team means failure. Corruption has been identified as a major cure for our several ills, & if we think GEJ will be bold enough to wage the war against those hands that fed him is a joke.
Nigeria @ this point needs a change, & GEJ is not that change. Let us give NR a chance, his shortcomings in speech is redeemable and I am certain that will change in time. GEJ is not fantastic at speeches either, despite having held an executive political position for a number of years.
Lets prioritize our need.

PDP should never be given a chance again. Remember this is the same chorus people were singing about UMYA -his good intentions, humility bla bla, we all know the result.

Fellow Nigerians be wise!
Re: Ribadu Needs Repackaging by marcus1234: 7:18pm On Oct 20, 2010
Re: Ribadu Needs Repackaging by candylips(m): 7:37pm On Oct 20, 2010
@poster

so how many of your past presidents where articulate.

was Yaradua articulate

is Goodluck articulate (the guy can't even render a speech without looking at his notes)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Awolowo Was Driven By Ambition For Himself & His Yoruba People –Achebe / Happy New Year To Politics Section Members! – Lets Discuss 2014! / PICTURE Of IGP MD Abubakar Controlling Traffic In Abuja

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 80
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.