Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,536 members, 7,819,918 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 06:42 AM

How Can One Get Funding For A Startup Without Losing The Idea To Idea Thieves? - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / How Can One Get Funding For A Startup Without Losing The Idea To Idea Thieves? (355 Views)

How To Build A Startup Without Friends Or Family Funding. / Benin Ekiosa Market Fire: Thieves Return Stolen Items / How To Launch A Startup Without Money. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

How Can One Get Funding For A Startup Without Losing The Idea To Idea Thieves? by Destined2win: 8:48am On Aug 08, 2019
I saw a post on FP about startups with beautiful office space https://www.nairaland.com/5347106/nigerian-startups-most-beautiful-offices and it was a good read.

But the challenge is that a lot of ideas get stolen from the original owners before they materialize.

How can an idea owner successfully execute it with funding from various investors?

I remember few years ago when I went to a radio station to discuss an idea with the program manager. This idea includes airing on radio.

The program manager of that station asked us to go and come back in 2 weeks. Ladies and Gentlemen, before the 2 weeks elapsed, the radio station was advertising the idea on their station as theirs without our consent. That was how that idea got lost.

Now I have a Million dollar idea which is capital intensive. How can I successfully execute this without losing it?

Lalasticlala, please help me push this to FP, a whole lot of people will learn from it.

Thanks.

Dominique
FOD
Naijacutee
Re: How Can One Get Funding For A Startup Without Losing The Idea To Idea Thieves? by iLegendd(m): 8:59am On Aug 08, 2019
Young man, nobody cares to support an idea here in Nigeria until you get it started, then they can invest after seeing a future in it.

My best advice is: start a KDP business and generate income yourself to start. KDP is about writing books and selling them on Amazon. It sounds complex, but it's easy. This is the fastest way to get money online for free to start a business offline.

Everyone is scared of everyone in Nigeria now, so investors are scarce until your idea is growing like Facebook, then they'll be confident to invest in it.
Re: How Can One Get Funding For A Startup Without Losing The Idea To Idea Thieves? by Destined2win: 9:12am On Aug 08, 2019
iLegendd:
Young man, nobody cares to support an idea here in Nigeria until you get it started, then they can invest after seeing a future in it.

My best advice is: start a KDP business and generate income yourself to start. KDP is about writing books and selling them on Amazon. It sounds complex, but it's easy. This is the fastest way to get money online for free to start a business offline.

Everyone is scared of everyone in Nigeria now, so investors are scarce until your idea is growing like Facebook, then they'll be confident to invest in it.

Fantastic input. Please what's the process of the KDP on amazon?

Secondly, I am kind of surprised cos you mentioned nobody supports an idea until it is started in earnest.
Re: How Can One Get Funding For A Startup Without Losing The Idea To Idea Thieves? by KayCee92(m): 10:29am On Aug 08, 2019
It takes more energy to make an idea stick or work. Nobody is interested in stealing your idea man, if you have a good idea, theft of the idea would be the least of your problems now. Better drop it anyhow because you never know who may help you. Hiding it will .make you lose it. When implemented you will be amazed someone is even doing it already.
Re: How Can One Get Funding For A Startup Without Losing The Idea To Idea Thieves? by iLegendd(m): 10:31am On Aug 08, 2019
Destined2win:
Fantastic input. Please what's the process of the KDP on amazon?

Secondly, I am kind of surprised cos you mentioned nobody supports an idea until it is started in earnest.

The process? All is on Google and YouTube for free.

Yes, people do support ideas, but they are people you already know. Nigerians of nowadays are scared of their fellows in anything that involves bringing money to do a collective thing. Lack if trust despite how amazing your idea is.

Though, when you start it, then they will be willing to come in. Fraud in the country is why everyone is scared of others with their ideas.

Don't be discouraged in seeking for investors, but if I were you, I'll humbly hustle for the money myself and get started, then invite investors.
Re: How Can One Get Funding For A Startup Without Losing The Idea To Idea Thieves? by Destined2win: 10:37am On Aug 08, 2019
KayCee92:
It takes more energy to make an idea stick or work. Nobody is interested in stealing your idea man, if you have a good idea, theft of the idea would be the least of your problems now. Better drop it anyhow because you never know who may help you. Hiding it will .make you lose it. When implemented you will be amazed someone is even doing it already.
Okay. I'll look at this angle as well
Re: How Can One Get Funding For A Startup Without Losing The Idea To Idea Thieves? by Destined2win: 10:37am On Aug 08, 2019
iLegendd:

The process? All is on Google and YouTube for free.

Yes, people do support ideas, but they are people you already know. Nigerians of nowadays are scared of their fellows in anything that involves bringing money to do a collective thing. Lack if trust despite how amazing your idea is.

Though, when you start it, then they will be willing to come in. Fraud in the country is why everyone is scared of others with their ideas.

Don't be discouraged in seeking for investors, but if I were you, I'll humbly hustle for the money myself and get started, then invite investors.
Thank you. This is highly appreciated.
Re: How Can One Get Funding For A Startup Without Losing The Idea To Idea Thieves? by dailyguide(m): 11:26am On Aug 08, 2019
You can also find this article on HOW TO BUILD A SUCCESSFUL BUSINESS IN NIGERIA WITH LITTLE OR NO CAPITAL INVOLVED helpful

read here :
https://dailyguide.com.ng/how-to-build-a-successful-business-in-nigeria-with-little-or-no-capital/

(1) (Reply)

Business Idea Needed / Professional SEO Services Entails Advanced Online Methods / Aerial View Of One Of Ogun Numerous Industrial Estates

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.