Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,962 members, 7,817,823 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 08:29 PM

What Motivates Women To Stay In Abusive Marriages? - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / What Motivates Women To Stay In Abusive Marriages? (510 Views)

She Went Back To Her Abusive Husband / Help, My Sister Is In Abusive Marriage / Man Impregnates His Sister In-law To Punish His "Abusive" Wife (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

What Motivates Women To Stay In Abusive Marriages? by Mutendiwashe(f): 9:37am On Aug 08, 2019
I recently read a story of a woman who wanted to divorce her husband because he was being unfaithful and abusive. To my surprise many women were calling her weak for making such a decision. The woman in question is financially stable and the husband was actually living off her. I feel she was justified because who wants to continue a life of buying her husband underwear so that he can take it off for another woman? My question is why are other women willing to tolerate an unfaithful and abusive husband rather than divorce and start over?
Re: What Motivates Women To Stay In Abusive Marriages? by drginger(f): 9:59am On Aug 08, 2019
rove(love),family presure, sometimes financial gain, when children are involved and the I must be in my husband's house mentally. I forgot to add.. What will people say?
Many women are without source of income and do not know exactly where to go and how to start, if a woman is from a wealthy home I assure she may leave an abusive relationship, so many women remain because life outside their husband's house is another hell.

2 Likes

Re: What Motivates Women To Stay In Abusive Marriages? by Nobody: 10:04am On Aug 08, 2019
^^^

[img]https://i./68WD.gif[/img]
Re: What Motivates Women To Stay In Abusive Marriages? by genq(m): 10:06am On Aug 08, 2019
Mutendiwashe:
I recently read a story of a woman who wanted to divorce her husband because he was being unfaithful and abusive. To my surprise many women were calling her weak for making such a decision. The woman in question is financially stable and the husband was actually living off her. I feel she was justified because who wants to continue a life of buying her husband underwear so that he can take it off for another woman? My question is why are other women willing to tolerate an unfaithful and abusive husband rather than divorce and start over?

Now this statement I highly doubt.
Re: What Motivates Women To Stay In Abusive Marriages? by Mutendiwashe(f): 10:08am On Aug 08, 2019
genq:

Now this statement I highly doubt.
they live in the UK and its quite common.
Re: What Motivates Women To Stay In Abusive Marriages? by Katier00(f): 10:14am On Aug 08, 2019
Fear of the unknown

1 Like

Re: What Motivates Women To Stay In Abusive Marriages? by Nobody: 10:19am On Aug 08, 2019
For sane women, kids only.
Re: What Motivates Women To Stay In Abusive Marriages? by mizzochocinco: 11:38am On Aug 08, 2019
J111333:
For sane women, kids only.
what made your mother sane? Being broken, weak and financially dependent on your father for survival?

1 Like

Re: What Motivates Women To Stay In Abusive Marriages? by Nobody: 12:35pm On Aug 08, 2019
It feels good to be referred to as a married woman cheesy it doesn't matter what you're going through. Flaunt the rings during the day and cry later at night tongue

2 Likes

Re: What Motivates Women To Stay In Abusive Marriages? by momokiddies: 1:50pm On Aug 08, 2019
Most women who stayed back are financially handicap.
Some stay to advoid societal mockery
Others, stay for the sake of their kids.
My sister was in same boat, didn't want to leave because of all the above reason, although hers was not domestic violence, it was unfaithfulness.it was the husband himself who said if she didn't leave, she she should be ready to wake up dead one day. My sis left.
She got a job began to watch her weight , talk some senses to herself, get an apartment and now she sleeps well at night with no fear of where and when and what is the next STI to be treated ?
Women should not be scared to move out if it is not working.
Life is sweet so enjoy it and let no MFvker make you feel like a dirt.

4 Likes

(1) (Reply)

Kalabari Billionaire Lulu-briggs’ Puts Assets In Trust / Settle Your Home Need With Whatsapp / Happy Introverts Day!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.