Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,433 members, 7,812,288 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 11:13 AM

BREAKING: Sowore To Be Detained In DSS Custody For Next 45 Days - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / BREAKING: Sowore To Be Detained In DSS Custody For Next 45 Days (2744 Views)

Fayose: Magu Should Be Detained For 28 Days / DSS Begged Sowore To Accept 'Death Warrant' Deal - Falana / BREAKING: Sowore Is With Us, Says DSS (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

BREAKING: Sowore To Be Detained In DSS Custody For Next 45 Days by Iszzyblog(m): 10:54am On Aug 08, 2019
A Federal High Court in Abuja has granted the Department of State Service (DSS) an application to detain the convener of #RevolutionNow Protest, Omoyele Sowore in their custody.

In his ruling, Justice Taiwo Taiwo said he will grant the application only for a period of 45 days and the 45 days will start to count from today.

The DSS had earlier on Tuesday approached the Abuja Division of the Federal High Court, seeking leave to detain Sowore, for 90 days.

Follow for more details

News Source: https://www.iszzyblog.com/2019/08/breaking-sowore-to-be-detained-in-dss.html

Re: BREAKING: Sowore To Be Detained In DSS Custody For Next 45 Days by Ventura1: 10:58am On Aug 08, 2019
They wanted to learn more from him

1 Like

Re: BREAKING: Sowore To Be Detained In DSS Custody For Next 45 Days by zeromeridian: 11:02am On Aug 08, 2019
45 days is too long, this injustice! why are they doing this to this freedom fighter
Buhari should understand that this guy helped him to power.

I hope My South West brothers will rally round this guy, the way IMN rallied round their leader before
he was now released.

This a slap on south westerners lets see how you guys respond online first.

5 Likes

Re: BREAKING: Sowore To Be Detained In DSS Custody For Next 45 Days by FarahAideed: 11:04am On Aug 08, 2019
Another indefinite incarceration on the way ..

1 Like

Re: BREAKING: Sowore To Be Detained In DSS Custody For Next 45 Days by chiagozien(m): 11:11am On Aug 08, 2019
Not good.
Re: BREAKING: Sowore To Be Detained In DSS Custody For Next 45 Days by deji68: 11:14am On Aug 08, 2019
dat no too much ....
Re: BREAKING: Sowore To Be Detained In DSS Custody For Next 45 Days by SillyMods: 11:15am On Aug 08, 2019
grin

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: BREAKING: Sowore To Be Detained In DSS Custody For Next 45 Days by seunmsg(m): 11:17am On Aug 08, 2019
Federal government should release Sowore and stop making an unnecessary hero out of him. He has done nothing wrong as far as Nigeria law is concerned. Detaining him for 45 days through the intrumentality of the court without a proper trial makes no sense. They either charge him to court properly or release him immediately.

1 Like

Re: BREAKING: Sowore To Be Detained In DSS Custody For Next 45 Days by Clevite(m): 11:19am On Aug 08, 2019
What investigation is DSS claiming to be doing again? The next 45days lapse just in September. Then, we will know what next the FG, through the DSS, is coming up with again.
Re: BREAKING: Sowore To Be Detained In DSS Custody For Next 45 Days by straighttalk(m): 11:20am On Aug 08, 2019
Why Now?

Didn't Falana know of the case being charged to Court? I hope he was not deceiving us with grammars when he said Buhari will be roped in.

No! No!! No!!! More Revolutions must be organized even though I will no be unavoidable absent. Honestly, I will be watching TV by then.
Re: BREAKING: Sowore To Be Detained In DSS Custody For Next 45 Days by comradewanle(m): 11:20am On Aug 08, 2019
Just 45 days. ....thought it will be more than that. Sowore....how market? shocked shocked shocked

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: BREAKING: Sowore To Be Detained In DSS Custody For Next 45 Days by NgeneUkwenu(f): 11:23am On Aug 08, 2019
seunmsg:
Federal government should realest Sowore and stop making an unnecessary hero out of him. He has done nothing wrong as far as Nigeria law is concerned. Detaining him without for 45 days without trial makes no sense. They either charge him to court properly or release him immediately.

Even when the same court said so?

4 Likes

Re: BREAKING: Sowore To Be Detained In DSS Custody For Next 45 Days by BlackfireX: 11:23am On Aug 08, 2019
Very good, I love the way daddy oyoyo aka sai baba is dealing with you nuisance....

You will rot in jail.

And if any mini nuisance try any protest, soldiers will deal with you all.

3 Likes

Re: BREAKING: Sowore To Be Detained In DSS Custody For Next 45 Days by skedman(m): 11:32am On Aug 08, 2019
[quote author=zeromeridian post=81058079]45 days is too long, this injustice! why are they doing this to this freedom fighter

I hope My South West brothers will rally round this guy, the way IMN rallied round their leader before
he was now released.

This a slap on south westerners lets see how you guys respond online first. [/quote
99 percent of southwest are literate we are not stupid we know what revolution means
Revolution means total blood shed the need for a particular nation to restart all over again through destructions of all properties and life.
He is never in that position to start revolution
People that start revolution are people living under the bridge.
He contested and never one
He was removed as party leader
He is an American citizen
How did heä make his money
He is certainly corrupt and rascal
Re: BREAKING: Sowore To Be Detained In DSS Custody For Next 45 Days by ccffwx: 11:37am On Aug 08, 2019
I thought Yorubas were intelligent and wise. How did they fall maga?

2 Likes

Re: BREAKING: Sowore To Be Detained In DSS Custody For Next 45 Days by yomi96(m): 11:37am On Aug 08, 2019
[s][/s]
BlackfireX:
Very good, I love the way daddy oyoyo aka sai baba is dealing with you nuisance....

You will rot in jail.

And if any mini nuisance try any protest, soldiers will deal with you all.
[s][/s]i

Re: BREAKING: Sowore To Be Detained In DSS Custody For Next 45 Days by seunmsg(m): 11:39am On Aug 08, 2019
NgeneUkwenu:

The court only gave an order that he shouldn’t be detained for more than 45 days. The detention is for the purpose of investigation and not as a result of him being found guilty of any offense. And if I may ask, what exactly is DSS investigating for 45days? Did he bring in weapon to overthrow the government or what? While in opposition, APC threatened to form a parallel government. So many people called for protest or revolution during the PDP administration in it was no big deal. All Sowore can do is protest and nothing else. Why create an unnecessary hero out of him by attempting to detain him for a long period of time without trial?

1 Like

Re: BREAKING: Sowore To Be Detained In DSS Custody For Next 45 Days by SillyMods: 11:45am On Aug 08, 2019
Clevite:
What investigation is DSS claiming to be doing again? The next 45days lapse just in September. Then, we will know what next the FG, through the DSS, is coming up with again.
After 45 days, his contract will be renewed for another 45 days. After that, he will be charged and trial will commence.

During the trial, he will be remanded in DSS custody. Make no mistakes about it.

5 Likes

Re: BREAKING: Sowore To Be Detained In DSS Custody For Next 45 Days by SillyMods: 11:48am On Aug 08, 2019
seunmsg:

The court only gave an order that he shouldn’t be detained for more than 45 days. The detention is for the purpose of investigation and not as a result of him being found guilty of any offense. And if I may ask, what exactly is DSS investigating for 45days? Did he bring in weapon to overthrow the government or what? While in opposition, APC threatened to form a parallel government. So many people called for protest or revolution during the PDP administration in it was no big deal. All Sowore can do is protest and nothing else. Why create an unnecessary hero out of him by attempting to detain him for a long period of time without trial?
The DSS needs time to investigate other covert dealings he may have done in pursuance of his revolution. That's why the 45 days and even more may be needed.

And the fact that anyone trampled upon the law without consequences in the past (that's if I concede to you that APC or anyone did) cannot be a justification to allow people to do it unabated.

1 Like

Re: BREAKING: Sowore To Be Detained In DSS Custody For Next 45 Days by Nobody: 11:50am On Aug 08, 2019
Watery beans things

1 Like

Re: BREAKING: Sowore To Be Detained In DSS Custody For Next 45 Days by Nobody: 11:52am On Aug 08, 2019
zeromeridian:
45 days is too long, this injustice! why are they doing this to this freedom fighter

he was now released.

This a slap on south westerners lets see how you guys respond online first.
Think before you write. I'm Yoruba. We don't know him. Period

2 Likes

Re: BREAKING: Sowore To Be Detained In DSS Custody For Next 45 Days by seunmsg(m): 11:55am On Aug 08, 2019
SillyMods:

The DSS needs time to investigate other covert dealings he may have done in pursuance of his revolution. That's why the 45 days and even more may be needed.

And the fact that anyone trampled upon the law without consequences in the past (that's if I concede to you that APC or anyone did) cannot be a justification to allow people to do it unabated.

And they need to detain him forever before they can investigate his other covert dealings, right? Like they have been detaining and investigating Dasuki and Elzakzaky since 2015 without any tangible breakthrough?

See, let’s call a spade a spade and stop supporting nonsense. Sowore will only gain more popularity and notoriety for as long as they keep detaining him. Detaining him any much longer is not good for the image of the government. All supporters of Buhari must demand for the immediate release of Sowore.
Re: BREAKING: Sowore To Be Detained In DSS Custody For Next 45 Days by zeromeridian: 12:07pm On Aug 08, 2019
Tehila07:
Think before you write. I'm Yoruba. We don't know him. Period
who is talking about Yoruba here?
its a shame! we are talking about Southwest you are talking of yoruba. guy stop looking for excuse ok your Oba is still in detention how about that?

4 Likes

Re: BREAKING: Sowore To Be Detained In DSS Custody For Next 45 Days by Peacemaker5129(f): 12:14pm On Aug 08, 2019
Why atikulated pigs are so bitter because of one Yoruba ewedu eater?
Re: BREAKING: Sowore To Be Detained In DSS Custody For Next 45 Days by SillyMods: 12:15pm On Aug 08, 2019
seunmsg:

And they need to detain him forever before they can investigate his other covert dealings, right? Like they have been detaining and investigating Dasuki and Elzakzaky since 2015 without any tangible breakthrough?

See, let’s call a spade a spade and stop supporting nonsense. Sowore will only gain more popularity and notoriety for as long as they keep detaining him. Detaining him any much longer is not good for the image of the government. All supporters of Buhari must demand for the immediate release of Sowore.

Listen and listen good, throughout the world, governments detain people indefinitely when national security is at stake. Dasuki's case is one of such and no apologies from the govt about that. Elzakzaky's case is following the normal legal process because he's been charged and no court has asked him to be released on bail until few days back. Do not come with "he was granted bail in his case against FG" because we know he wasn't granted bail in his case against the Kaduna govt.

The fact that Sowore is being detained legally, based on court pronouncement, should keep everyone shut up. Even if the court grants the govt 3 months, it's the court that says so.

About making him popular, how is that my headache? Let him become our next Faweyinmi of Azikwe or Awolowo, it's none of my business.

3 Likes

Re: BREAKING: Sowore To Be Detained In DSS Custody For Next 45 Days by gidgiddy: 12:16pm On Aug 08, 2019
When you hear that the DSS is asking the courts for permission to hold someone for an extended period of time, it is usually because they have no evidence against the person and want to use that time to either frame the person or fish around for evidence

2 Likes

Re: BREAKING: Sowore To Be Detained In DSS Custody For Next 45 Days by OkirikaDealer: 12:16pm On Aug 08, 2019
Nawa o wetin okirika man sabi
Re: BREAKING: Sowore To Be Detained In DSS Custody For Next 45 Days by Yyeske(m): 12:18pm On Aug 08, 2019
NgeneUkwenu:

Some don't read and even if they do, they can't comprehend simple English
Re: BREAKING: Sowore To Be Detained In DSS Custody For Next 45 Days by Yyeske(m): 12:23pm On Aug 08, 2019
SillyMods:

After 45 days, his contract will be renewed for another 45 days. After that, he will be charged and trial will commence.

During the trial, he will be remanded in DSS custody. Make no mistakes about it.
Gbam, very correct explanation.
Someone posted on an earlier thread that Sowore would be replacing All Zazaky and it seems it is coming to pass.

1 Like

Re: BREAKING: Sowore To Be Detained In DSS Custody For Next 45 Days by Jchi9876: 12:23pm On Aug 08, 2019
DSS has 45days to feed him watery beans that will reset his yeye revolution brain

1 Like

Re: BREAKING: Sowore To Be Detained In DSS Custody For Next 45 Days by Clevite(m): 12:35pm On Aug 08, 2019
SillyMods:

His dentention being renewed or not is dependent solely on court's discretion, not on the whims of the DSS.

The DSS is allowed by law to come before the court to ask for another detention order. However, it has to be with a more compelling reason that is even beyond what DSS presented before the court to get the first order.

It is easy for the court to know if they actually have a more compelling reason or if they are just merely interested in keeping him inperpetuity by that time.

I don't see this court granting DSS that luxury. The court that took its time to study the exhibit DSS relied upon before granting them 45 out of the 90 days they asked for will do no less to carefully consider the weight of any ground the DSS may come up with to demand for one further detention day let alone another 45 days.

I don't see DSS having enough in their hands to be able to convince this same court by that time.

His being remanded in DSS custody during trial as you have stated is still in the hands of court to determine, not for you or me to assert conclusively. His bail will be argued by the time DSS prefers a charge against him.

It is more likely that the court would rekease him on bail, if the DSS has no any concrete evidence in their hands to support a charge of treason against him further than the video of his empty threat of revolution and of whether or not DSS would be in existence after the revolution.

In the abscence of any concrete secret plan traceable to Sowore aimed at bringing the threats to fruition filed before the court by DSS, the court would have no difficulty releasing him on bail for his trial.

The only option left for FG is their usual resort to disobeying court order to keep him in custody upon their self-determined ground of national security. And I want to tell you, this option will achieve nothing but only work against this Government, both locally and internationally, in the long run.
Re: BREAKING: Sowore To Be Detained In DSS Custody For Next 45 Days by NgeneUkwenu(f): 12:37pm On Aug 08, 2019
seunmsg:

You are now pandering to emotions. The court having weighed the affidavit filed by the FG, in his wisdom decided to grant them more days to question him, to the best of practices is the norm. Any other thing is illegality..

1 Like

(1) (2) (Reply)

Nnamdi Kanu: The Real Judas Goat / Yoruba Nation: Man Cut His Nigerian Passport Into Pieces / Watch The Moment Remi Tinubu Interrupted Smart Adeyemi's Speech: VIDEO

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.