Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,194 members, 7,822,029 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 02:30 AM

BREAKING: Sowore To Be Detained In DSS Custody For Next 45 Days - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / BREAKING: Sowore To Be Detained In DSS Custody For Next 45 Days (2751 Views)

Fayose: Magu Should Be Detained For 28 Days / DSS Begged Sowore To Accept 'Death Warrant' Deal - Falana / BREAKING: Sowore Is With Us, Says DSS (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: BREAKING: Sowore To Be Detained In DSS Custody For Next 45 Days by Antoeni(m): 12:39pm On Aug 08, 2019
This DSS People Are Not Sharp At All,They should Have Asked for 180 days to get 90 Days .
Re: BREAKING: Sowore To Be Detained In DSS Custody For Next 45 Days by SillyMods: 12:47pm On Aug 08, 2019
Clevite:

His dentention being renewed or not is dependent solely on court's discretion, not on the whims of the DSS.

The DSS is allowed by law to come before the court to ask for another detention order. However, it has to be with a more compelling reason that is even beyond what DSS presented before the court to get the first order.

It is easy for the court to know if they actually have a more compelling reason or if they are just merely interested in keeping him inperpetuity by that time.

I don't see this court granting DSS that luxury. The court that took its time to study the exhibit DSS relied upon before granting them 45 out of the 90 days they asked for will do no less to carefully consider the weight of any ground the DSS may come up with to demand for one further detention day let alone another 45 days.

I don't see DSS having enough in their hands to be able to convince this same court by that time.

His being remanded in DSS custody during trial as you have stated is still in the hands of court to determine, not for you or me to assert conclusively. His bail will be argued by the time DSS prefers a charge against him.

It is more likely that the court would rekease him on bail, if the DSS has no any concrete evidence in their hands to support a charge of treason against him further than the video of his empty threat of revolution and of whether or not DSS would be in existence after the revolution.

In the abscence of any concrete secret plan traceable to Sowore aimed at bringing the threat to fruition filed before the court by DSS, the court would have no difficulty releasing him on bail for his trial.

The only option left for FG is their usual resort to disobeying court order to keep him in custody upon their self-determined ground of national security.
I don't disagree with anything you have said here. This is also my understanding, belief and expectation.
Re: BREAKING: Sowore To Be Detained In DSS Custody For Next 45 Days by Clevite(m): 1:01pm On Aug 08, 2019
SillyMods:

I don't disagree with anything you have said here. This is also my understanding, belief and expectation.
Quite alright.
Re: BREAKING: Sowore To Be Detained In DSS Custody For Next 45 Days by ambivert27(f): 1:19pm On Aug 08, 2019
@seunmsg

These guys you are quoting are buhari's apologists. you should note their monikers especially that man with a "f" that quoted you first

They can and would never reason with you. Stop glorifying them with mentions.
Re: BREAKING: Sowore To Be Detained In DSS Custody For Next 45 Days by BroadStreetBull(m): 1:23pm On Aug 08, 2019
Antoeni:
This DSS People Are Not Sharp At All,They should Have Asked for 180 days to get 90 Days .
grin

Na Crayfish dem dey price for Aba market?
Re: BREAKING: Sowore To Be Detained In DSS Custody For Next 45 Days by FarahAideed: 1:24pm On Aug 08, 2019
seunmsg:
Federal government should realest Sowore and stop making an unnecessary hero out of him. He has done nothing wrong as far as Nigeria law is concerned. Detaining him without for 45 days without trial makes no sense. They either charge him to court properly or release him immediately.

When we tell you your govt is very short sighted we know what we are saying
Re: BREAKING: Sowore To Be Detained In DSS Custody For Next 45 Days by Okoroawusa: 1:25pm On Aug 08, 2019
Antoeni:
na true o!!!

1 Like

Re: BREAKING: Sowore To Be Detained In DSS Custody For Next 45 Days by OritaIbadan: 1:50pm On Aug 08, 2019
ambivert27:
@seunmsg

These guys you are quoting are buhari's apologists. you should note their monikers especially that man with a "f" that quoted you first

They can and would never reason with you. Stop glorifying them with mentions.
What about Seunmsg? They are bird of same feathers everyones eyes will soon clear
Re: BREAKING: Sowore To Be Detained In DSS Custody For Next 45 Days by Lovelive: 2:17pm On Aug 08, 2019
May dem keep B.H for the 1 week na. Or the F.H for 1 month.

Useless people
Re: BREAKING: Sowore To Be Detained In DSS Custody For Next 45 Days by PharoahIII: 4:15pm On Aug 08, 2019
Sowore is not a revolutionary! The man at best can be described as an opportunist. If he were a smart guy he should have known that in order for a revolution to succeed it should be faceless. A revolution must be without a face. He went to New York and met with Kanu who deceived him to call for a revolution, forgetting that Kanu is only clamouring for a revolution from a very safe distance. The guy dull abeg. How can Nigerians say that, in Sowore, they have found a revolutionary? For Heaven's sake he contested an election and lost. Was he expecting to win in the first place? Sowore is like a student who prepares very well for an exam and upon realizing he failed called for its cancellation. To those Nigerians who want a revolution without spilling blood, I say, dream on.
Re: BREAKING: Sowore To Be Detained In DSS Custody For Next 45 Days by Volksfuhrer(m): 5:08pm On Aug 08, 2019
seunmsg:

And they need to detain him forever before they can investigate his other covert dealings, right? Like they have been detaining and investigating Dasuki and Elzakzaky since 2015 without any tangible breakthrough?

See, let’s call a spade a spade and stop supporting nonsense. Sowore will only gain more popularity and notoriety for as long as they keep detaining him. Detaining him any much longer is not good for the image of the government. All supporters of Buhari must demand for the immediate release of Sowore.

I agree with you: Sowore's arrest's an overkill!

(1) (2) (Reply)

Opinion Poll Shows Overwhelming Igbo Majority Wants Biafra / We Want Our Own Country – Yoruba Leader, Akintoye Tells Buhari / Lekki 'Massacre': How Come We Can Only Find Bullet Wounds But No Bullet Hole?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.