Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,195,412 members, 7,958,208 topics. Date: Wednesday, 25 September 2024 at 10:46 AM

5T Naira Debt: Buhari Approves Law Empowering AMCON To Access Debtors’ Account - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / 5T Naira Debt: Buhari Approves Law Empowering AMCON To Access Debtors’ Account (16505 Views)

Rivers State Assembly Rejects Fubara, Approves Law Regarding LG Chairmen / Who Will Save Us From The Homongous Debt Buhari Is Leaving Behind? / N22tn Debt: Buhari, APC Have Wrecked Nigeria, Says PDP... (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 5T Naira Debt: Buhari Approves Law Empowering AMCON To Access Debtors’ Account by maasoap(m): 6:21pm On Aug 08, 2019
lexy2014:

U still haven't d question I asked. U just beating around d bush. D one that those in charge of infrastructure & social amenities have, what have they accomplished with it? All d high profile seizures& Abacha loot returned, what has been accomplished with them so far?

The cash are being channelled into the yearly budgets while the properties are being given to the government agencies that are in need of it.
Re: 5T Naira Debt: Buhari Approves Law Empowering AMCON To Access Debtors’ Account by lexy2014: 6:40pm On Aug 08, 2019
maasoap:

The cash are being channelled into the yearly budgets while the properties are being given to the government agencies that are in need of it.

Kindly do a breakdown for me how this played out
Re: 5T Naira Debt: Buhari Approves Law Empowering AMCON To Access Debtors’ Account by davodyguy: 7:14pm On Aug 08, 2019
AngelicBeing:
What, how did the banks advanced him such a huge amount of money shocked
He's a very smart man.
Make I end it there
Re: 5T Naira Debt: Buhari Approves Law Empowering AMCON To Access Debtors’ Account by johnmartus(m): 7:17pm On Aug 08, 2019
shocked
davodyguy:

Even if they sell Capital Oil, it wouldn't still be enough to Pay Ifeanyi Ubah's debt.

He owes a debt in the region of N120 Billion and the market value of all his assets is less than that
Re: 5T Naira Debt: Buhari Approves Law Empowering AMCON To Access Debtors’ Account by AngelicBeing: 7:20pm On Aug 08, 2019
davodyguy:

He's a very smart man.
Make I end it there
l know, it is called robbing Peter to pay Paul, settling senior bank executives to collect loans and they know that you won't be able to repay back, case closed cheesy
Re: 5T Naira Debt: Buhari Approves Law Empowering AMCON To Access Debtors’ Account by SirBunky85(m): 7:21pm On Aug 08, 2019
FarahAideed:
So what's the essence of incorporation? I know people with low IQ will applaud this but this is very wrong ..There is a reason why companies are Incorporated and once Incorporated every company becomes a distinct individual before the law and assumes the identity of an entity. AMCON has no right to go after personal accounts of promoters of a company but can buy over debt and takeover the equity and assets of a company whose debt it has bought over .. For those asking is that how people will run away with bank loans please see answer to that below :

Ans: Its the onus of the bank to perform quality due diligence and risk assessment before going into a creditor debtor relationship with any Incorporated entity .
very senseless submission

1 Like

Re: 5T Naira Debt: Buhari Approves Law Empowering AMCON To Access Debtors’ Account by nedekid: 9:00pm On Aug 08, 2019
NkemChukwudi:

there was no sense in that comment by FarahAideed - a confirmed Buhari hater, please check yourself!
If a company owes the bank. There are laws that govern coporate transactions. A bank ought to do due deligence before giving out loans. Assets of the company etc are placed as collateral and those are claimed by the bank if there is a default. Are you aware of the fact that government is the cause of most loan defaults? Are you also aware that government is the highest debtor to local businesses etc.
I have a bro that did a police force contract 7 years ago and had to source bank funding to finance the job. He has not been paid a dime till today. Consider the interest owed the bank for 7 years! Are you saying the same government through amcon should then seize his assets and then freeze his accounts he is using to do other business?
This policy is plain stupid but ofcourse popular amongst midiocres.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: 5T Naira Debt: Buhari Approves Law Empowering AMCON To Access Debtors’ Account by davodyguy: 9:15pm On Aug 08, 2019
AngelicBeing:
l know, it is called robbing Peter to pay Paul, settling senior bank executives to collect loans and they know that you won't be able to repay back, case closed cheesy
That's why I said make I end it there.

For instance, you took a loan of N5billin from UBA, you can still run to Zenith to take another N10billion loan using same property as collateral, if you rob hands. After all, the money belongs to depositors, not the banks, so they can risk the deposits of the poor to pay Peter. Thank God for Amcon that paid the Debts

1 Like

Re: 5T Naira Debt: Buhari Approves Law Empowering AMCON To Access Debtors’ Account by AngelicBeing: 9:34pm On Aug 08, 2019
davodyguy:

That's why I said make I end it there.

For instance, you took a loan of N5billin from UBA, you can still run to Zenith to take another N10billion loan using same property as collateral, if you rob hands. After all, the money belongs to depositors, not the banks, so they can risk the deposits of the poor to pay Peter. Thank God for Amcon that paid the Debts
Gbam, to be a business man in Nigeria, you might have to have a heartless and dead conscience grin
Re: 5T Naira Debt: Buhari Approves Law Empowering AMCON To Access Debtors’ Account by maasoap(m): 7:16am On Aug 09, 2019
lexy2014:

Kindly do a breakdown for me how this played out

What kind of breakdown do you want because I don't understand. This is another one just this morning. Check the attachment below

Re: 5T Naira Debt: Buhari Approves Law Empowering AMCON To Access Debtors’ Account by maasoap(m): 7:21am On Aug 09, 2019
nedekid:

If a company owes the bank. There are laws that govern coporate transactions. A bank ought to do due deligence before giving out loans. Assets of the company etc are placed as collateral and those are claimed by the bank if there is a default. Are you aware of the fact that government is the cause of most loan defaults? Are you also aware that government is the highest debtor to local businesses etc.
I have a bro that did a police force contract 7 years ago and had to source bank funding to finance the job. He has not been paid a dime till today. Consider the interest owed the bank for 7 years! Are you saying the same government through amcon should then seize his assets and then freeze his accounts he is using to do other business?
This policy is plain stupid but ofcourse popular amongst midiocres.

What useless business are thieves doing? They would use the names of their businesses to borrow money and later divert the loans into their private individual accounts and you are here telling me that AMCON that saved thousands of Nigerians from committing suicide shouldn't go after the thieves. We all know where they are keeping the money they refused to pay back, definitely the money is no longer in the useless businesses they're doing.
Re: 5T Naira Debt: Buhari Approves Law Empowering AMCON To Access Debtors’ Account by lexy2014: 7:31am On Aug 09, 2019
maasoap:

What kind of breakdown do you want because I don't understand. This is another one just this morning. Check the attachment below

How will u say u don't understand? Aren't u d one who wrote this?

"The cash are being channelled into the yearly budgets while the properties are being given to the government agencies that are in need of it."

Can't u give details of what u wrote? Is badehs house d only property seized?
Re: 5T Naira Debt: Buhari Approves Law Empowering AMCON To Access Debtors’ Account by nedekid: 7:42am On Aug 09, 2019
maasoap:

What useless business are thieves doing? They would use the names of their businesses to borrow money and later divert the loans into their private individual accounts and you are here telling me that AMCON that saved thousands of Nigerians from committing suicide shouldn't go after the thieves. We all know where they are keeping the money they refused to pay back, definitely the money is no longer in the useless businesses they're doing.
If they got loans from the bank, they dropped collateral. That you can recover via amcon. There is a difference between individuals and companies and the difference is for good reasons.
Re: 5T Naira Debt: Buhari Approves Law Empowering AMCON To Access Debtors’ Account by maasoap(m): 7:48am On Aug 09, 2019
lexy2014:

How will u say u don't understand? Aren't u d one who wrote this?

"The cash are being channelled into the yearly budgets while the properties are being given to the government agencies that are in need of it."

Can't u give details of what u wrote? Is badehs house d only property seized?

Now, you're communicating.
Most of these properties are under temporary forfeiture since most of the cases are still in courts. Owners can't use it, EFCC equally can't take it.
Badeh's case is different because he voluntarily forfeited the properties before he was killed. Otherwise, those would have been returned to his family just like every case pending in courts against him has been dropped.
BTW: you guys are always browsing but at the same time seem not to follow all important news. And when issues like come up, you would still be arguing and wanting the other person to convince you! Mehn!
Re: 5T Naira Debt: Buhari Approves Law Empowering AMCON To Access Debtors’ Account by maasoap(m): 7:54am On Aug 09, 2019
nedekid:

If they got loans from the bank, they dropped collateral. That you can recover via amcon. There is a difference between individuals and companies and the difference is for good reasons.

There is a difference and at the same time, the Nigeria lawmakers understand what these thieves are doing. It is only when the business didn't go as planned that you go after the properties they used as collateral. And everyone would know this debtor has bankrupt. But the case with these Nigerians are different. They borrowed, channel the loans into their private accounts and you want AMCON to go after empty buildings while the money they borrowed is lying fallow in their individual accounts.
Desperate time, desperate solution.
Re: 5T Naira Debt: Buhari Approves Law Empowering AMCON To Access Debtors’ Account by lexy2014: 8:00am On Aug 09, 2019
maasoap:

Now, you're communicating.
Most of these properties are under temporary forfeiture since most of the cases are still in courts. Owners can't use it, EFCC equally can't take it.
Badeh's case is different because he voluntarily forfeited the properties before he was killed. Otherwise, those would have been returned to his family just like every case pending in courts against him has been dropped.
BTW: you guys are always browsing but at the same time seem not to follow all important news. And when issues like come up, you would still be arguing and wanting the other person to convince you! Mehn!

I am not arguing with u. I only asked u questions which u couldn't answer. U are d one who made a claim. So dont expect me to defend it for u. Also, I don't need u to convince me cos there's nothing to convince. If u look at what u wrote, it clearly shows that if Baden didn't forfeit d house, then it still would have been a subject of litigation. At d end of d day, we are still nowhere as far as d seized properties& funds are concerned which is a far cry from d impression that u tried creating with ur comment that everything is going on fine as far as d seizures are concerned. That's y u don't have any details apart from this mornings newspaper report
Re: 5T Naira Debt: Buhari Approves Law Empowering AMCON To Access Debtors’ Account by Wolfmansion: 8:37am On Aug 09, 2019
Re: 5T Naira Debt: Buhari Approves Law Empowering AMCON To Access Debtors’ Account by maasoap(m): 5:46pm On Aug 09, 2019
lexy2014:

I am not arguing with u. I only asked u questions which u couldn't answer. U are d one who made a claim. So dont expect me to defend it for u. Also, I don't need u to convince me cos there's nothing to convince. If u look at what u wrote, it clearly shows that if Baden didn't forfeit d house, then it still would have been a subject of litigation. At d end of d day, we are still nowhere as far as d seized properties& funds are concerned which is a far cry from d impression that u tried creating with ur comment that everything is going on fine as far as d seizures are concerned. That's y u don't have any details apart from this mornings newspaper report

The FG has made it clear that all the permanently forfeited money would be channelled into the yearly budgets. What else do you want me to tell you. If you need details and breakdown, you will have to go to the budget office, CBN and ministry of finance.

Secondly, concerning this morning newspaper report, you were not aware of the one given to VOA! Are you really living in this country? Those are the ones permanently forfeited, the rests are temporary
Re: 5T Naira Debt: Buhari Approves Law Empowering AMCON To Access Debtors’ Account by lexy2014: 6:24pm On Aug 09, 2019
maasoap:

The FG has made it clear that all the permanently forfeited money would be channelled into the yearly budgets. What else do you want me to tell you. If you need details and breakdown, you will have to go to the budget office, CBN and ministry of finance.

Secondly, concerning this morning newspaper report, you were not aware of the one given to VOA! Are you really living in this country? Those are the ones permanently forfeited, the rests are temporary

Pls look at this:

maasoap:

The FG has made it clear that all the permanently forfeited money would be channelled into the yearly budgets.

Take note of "would be...". "Would be" is future tense. Its d same way d govt said $320m Abacha loot "would be" shared amongst "the poorest of d poor". Pls how far with that? Is that part of d budget u talked about? Or aren't u living in this country?

Like I said if u make a claim, don't expect me to defend it 4u. Just because d govt said monies "would be...", doesn't mean it has or it would be. If u are certain that d monies were properly appropriated, that means u have access to CBN, budget office and ministry of finance data. If u do, then u can share d data u obtained. There's no need 4 me to obtain data from those sources.

If u are naming just 2 permanent forfeitures of which d Badeh forfeiture was a voluntary forfeiture, it still doesn't reflect d level of success u were and are still trying to portray.

Initially u said "....while the properties are being given to the government agencies that are in need of it."

Now ur story has changed to

"Most of these properties are under temporary forfeiture since most of the cases are still in courts. Owners can't use it, EFCC equally can't take it."

I don't think those two unrelated comments 4d same issue inspires confidence.
Re: 5T Naira Debt: Buhari Approves Law Empowering AMCON To Access Debtors’ Account by Deepfreezer(m): 6:38pm On Aug 09, 2019
NkemChukwudi:

Ignorant and irresponsible crazy comment!
ozu nwulu anwu. Don't you ever mention me again.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Minimum Wage: Governors Move To Meet Dec 31 Deadline / Diezani, Falana’s Petitions Exposed N765.6 Million Subsidy Scam – Bawa / Massive Gboko Reception: Benue Is Atiku 100% - Dr. Oche Otorkpa

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.