Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,176 members, 7,815,109 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 07:27 AM

How To Switch On Phone Without Power Button - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / How To Switch On Phone Without Power Button (6146 Views)

Phone Manufacturers: Please Give Us The Power Button Back / Help! How Do I Switch On My Phone Without The Power Button? / How To Switch To A New Smartphone Without Losing Your Whatsapp Chats (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

How To Switch On Phone Without Power Button by Elbizz(m): 6:19pm On Aug 08, 2019
Please how can I switch on my phone (HTC One) without power button
Re: How To Switch On Phone Without Power Button by soles21(m): 6:50pm On Aug 08, 2019
I dunno if it'll will work but for most mediatek phones (tecno ,infinix and itel) hold volume up and plug in a charger it should take you to recovery mode from there you can select the reboot option to turn on the device. But you can still try it out

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: How To Switch On Phone Without Power Button by kratosonofzeus: 7:11am On Aug 09, 2019
soles21:
I dunno if it'll will work but for most mediatek phones (tecno ,infinix and itel) hold volume up and plug in a charger it should take you to recovery mode from there you can select the reboot option to turn on the device. But you can still try it out
good, but it's impossible to select the reboot option because the faulty power botton is used in selecting any option in recovery mode, if ur ba3 is nit in-built then u can remove nd reinsert very fast, then ur phone should come up

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: How To Switch On Phone Without Power Button by kratosonofzeus: 7:14am On Aug 09, 2019
kratosonofzeus:
good, but it's impossible to select the reboot option because the faulty power botton is used in selecting any option in recovery mode, if ur ba3 is not in-built then u can remove nd reinsert very fast, then ur phone should come up
Re: How To Switch On Phone Without Power Button by Simeony007(m): 8:26am On Aug 09, 2019
The only way you can power on your device without using the power button is to power on from the board. And don't try it if you're not an engineer, advice.
Re: How To Switch On Phone Without Power Button by obaseffizy: 8:54am On Aug 09, 2019
Sorry bro,htc killed my spirit with power button problems that year sha
Re: How To Switch On Phone Without Power Button by devlishGINGER(m): 10:08am On Aug 09, 2019
obaseffizy:
Sorry bro,htc killed my spirit with power button problems that year sha
was using one HTC in 2012..very fine phone with nice camera... But I'm always buy flex...

1 Like

Re: How To Switch On Phone Without Power Button by dreamworld: 10:12am On Aug 09, 2019
Elbizz:
Connect charger whole holding the volume button firm down ,
It should take you to recovery mode,
If that doesn't work

Connect charger whole holding the volume up button firm ,
If that takes you to recovery,
The stroll up and select "reboot phone"
It should power on,
This works on Samsung and some other android, u can give it a shot
Re: How To Switch On Phone Without Power Button by projecttopics2: 10:46am On Aug 09, 2019
Download Research Project Topics & Materials Online...

See my Signature below!
Re: How To Switch On Phone Without Power Button by sureteeboy(m): 11:28am On Aug 09, 2019
dreamworld:

If that doesn't work

It should power on,
You'll still need that same power button to select the reboot you're talking about
Re: How To Switch On Phone Without Power Button by Attempt: 11:42am On Aug 09, 2019
kratosonofzeus:
good, but it's impossible to select the reboot option because the faulty power botton is used in selecting any option in recovery mode, if ur ba3 is nit in-built then u can remove nd reinsert very fast, then ur phone should come up
I swear for like six months now, that's d way I power my phone. No one thought me though..
Re: How To Switch On Phone Without Power Button by Elbizz(m): 12:02pm On Aug 09, 2019
None is working though
Re: How To Switch On Phone Without Power Button by Mutemenot(m): 3:39pm On Aug 09, 2019
Just go repair it. It does not cost much. I did one phone for N1.5
Re: How To Switch On Phone Without Power Button by Elbizz(m): 3:54pm On Aug 09, 2019
15k to fix
Re: How To Switch On Phone Without Power Button by Nobody: 5:26pm On Aug 09, 2019
dreamworld:

If that doesn't work

It should power on,

Which button will he use to 'select' reboot phone?
Re: How To Switch On Phone Without Power Button by Nobody: 5:28pm On Aug 09, 2019
Elbizz:
15k to fix

15k to fix htc one? Lol. How much is the phone?

1 Like

Re: How To Switch On Phone Without Power Button by Trizyd(m): 5:36pm On Aug 09, 2019
Elbizz:

Is the power button not just functional or it has removed? Is it possible you snap the power button area, it might be possible.
Re: How To Switch On Phone Without Power Button by Elbizz(m): 6:08pm On Aug 09, 2019
@Trizyd the button removed
Re: How To Switch On Phone Without Power Button by Trizyd(m): 6:13pm On Aug 09, 2019
Elbizz:
@Trizyd the button removed

It's nasty buh it works

Soak a piece of cotton small enough to fit into the power button area, soak the piece of cotton with ur saliva and push it inside the area, it should power on, remove it once it comes on. If u can't get cotton use a piece of paper
I was hoping I can get a picture to be sure it's possible, buh you can try

1 Like

Re: How To Switch On Phone Without Power Button by shogsman(m): 6:32pm On Aug 09, 2019
Connect it to a pc and hold both volume keys at once for some seconds.
Re: How To Switch On Phone Without Power Button by dreamworld: 11:16pm On Aug 09, 2019
greenhulk:

Which button will he use to 'select' reboot phone?
When u navigate up and down with volume button, to select an option u depress the volume up button for some time , but it depends on the phone some uses the same volume or up or down to highlight and select an option or the power button or the home button, it depends on do fone
Re: How To Switch On Phone Without Power Button by kryptem: 7:05pm On Aug 10, 2019
Much has been said. But ultimately, it depends if your phone is receptive to the solutions.

1 Like

Re: How To Switch On Phone Without Power Button by Casemiro(m): 2:36pm On Aug 12, 2019
Simeony007:
The only way you can power on your device without using the power button is to power on from the board. And don't try it if you're not an engineer, advice.

please how can I do this
Re: How To Switch On Phone Without Power Button by Casemiro(m): 2:38pm On Aug 12, 2019
kratosonofzeus:

how do you get this?

I tried but my phone didn't come up
Re: How To Switch On Phone Without Power Button by Nobody: 5:27pm On Aug 12, 2019
Elbizz:
15k to fix
I go do am.
Re: How To Switch On Phone Without Power Button by Simeony007(m): 9:29am On Aug 13, 2019
Casemiro:

please how can I do this

There usually two dots on every phone panel to power on your device without using the power buttons but very risky if you don't have any ideas about engineering
Re: How To Switch On Phone Without Power Button by Casemiro(m): 11:01am On Aug 13, 2019
Simeony007:

There usually two dots on every phone panel to power on your device without using the power buttons but very risky if you don't have any ideas about engineering

I want to give it a try. Where can i find it please
Re: How To Switch On Phone Without Power Button by Agboki: 1:19pm On Aug 13, 2019
If dat phone enter recovery wait 4 some minutes e got use em hand reboot.
Re: How To Switch On Phone Without Power Button by Casemiro(m): 2:03pm On Aug 13, 2019
Agboki:
If dat phone enter recovery wait 4 some minutes e got use em hand reboot.
How I go take carry am enter recovery mode
Re: How To Switch On Phone Without Power Button by Simeony007(m): 2:44pm On Aug 13, 2019
Casemiro:

I want to give it a try. Where can i find it please

On the panel they're usually close to themselves
Re: How To Switch On Phone Without Power Button by Casemiro(m): 4:34pm On Aug 13, 2019
Simeony007:

On the panel they're usually close to themselves
I will check. Thanks
Re: How To Switch On Phone Without Power Button by Agboki: 7:09pm On Aug 13, 2019
Casemiro:
How I go take carry am enter recovery mode

Hold volume up plug 4 lite/volume down plug 4 lite or u hold both.

(1) (2) (Reply)

MTN Introduces 20GB For N20 And More / New Op4.2 Multiwindows/handler / I Need A Download Manager For Blackberry Pleaseeee

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.