Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,071 members, 7,818,199 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 10:09 AM

Alex Iwobi: Everton Paid £35m To Sign Him: Costs More Than Any Of These Players - Sports (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Alex Iwobi: Everton Paid £35m To Sign Him: Costs More Than Any Of These Players (46201 Views)

These players may become free agents in 2022 / Football Fans Can You Guess These Players? / Can You Spell The Names Of These Players Correctly? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Alex Iwobi: Everton Paid £35m To Sign Him: Costs More Than Any Of These Players by KidsNEXTdoor: 9:54am On Aug 09, 2019
Rubbish...

They would have cost more if they were 23.. When they left like iwobi
Re: Alex Iwobi: Everton Paid £35m To Sign Him: Costs More Than Any Of These Players by TANID(m): 9:55am On Aug 09, 2019
MurderEnglish:
cry

Honestly I don't know the essence of this nonsense...

Alex Iwobi should be allowed to play football and all these nonsense English media hype the pain me wella.

When Henry play ball, money never too dey like now Alex dey play.

Media and nonsense
Re: Alex Iwobi: Everton Paid £35m To Sign Him: Costs More Than Any Of These Players by nonix22(m): 9:57am On Aug 09, 2019
that guy is humble, with some untapped potentials, and willing to learn.

Everton saw it him.
Re: Alex Iwobi: Everton Paid £35m To Sign Him: Costs More Than Any Of These Players by blo766: 9:58am On Aug 09, 2019
Re: Alex Iwobi: Everton Paid £35m To Sign Him: Costs More Than Any Of These Players by Adakintroy2: 10:01am On Aug 09, 2019
Nigeria and dumb reason they give themselves make themselves feel good.

Players you listed some have serve their time with the club and we're released out of mutual respect the others push willfully themselves out of need to win trophy. On other words they were the ones who dished the club.

Cole= Chelsea

Van persie= united

Sanchez= united.

Nasri, cliche and adeBayor, sagna. to city.

We are talking about a young man at peak 23. Who has neither accomplish anything major, nor is he moving to a bigger club with prospects of winning something major.

As a Nigerian you should be more concerns about his honest career growth. Not how much he is being sold to a lesser club.
Re: Alex Iwobi: Everton Paid £35m To Sign Him: Costs More Than Any Of These Players by Bawofss(m): 10:01am On Aug 09, 2019
useless thread...... bad move for iwobi
Re: Alex Iwobi: Everton Paid £35m To Sign Him: Costs More Than Any Of These Players by Nobody: 10:03am On Aug 09, 2019
Time differences

Wechat and Alipay fund available

Check my siggy
Re: Alex Iwobi: Everton Paid £35m To Sign Him: Costs More Than Any Of These Players by DJInfluence: 10:04am On Aug 09, 2019
factor in inflation and the influx of cash into English football and you will see that players today are over valued. I mean Maguire costing 80M? that guy is a 25-30M player.
Re: Alex Iwobi: Everton Paid £35m To Sign Him: Costs More Than Any Of These Players by Sultanchidi(m): 10:04am On Aug 09, 2019
Don't compare the inflated inflated transfer Market of today to how it used to be. Even an average player goes for almost 50m. Just imagine the price of defenders such as Vidic or Ferdinand or Maldini or even Nesta would be. And they are all better than the slab head called Maguire
Re: Alex Iwobi: Everton Paid £35m To Sign Him: Costs More Than Any Of These Players by dammy701(m): 10:09am On Aug 09, 2019
kponkedenge:
Alex Iwobi costs more than all these players.
He costs less....i guess we do not understand the time value of money...
Re: Alex Iwobi: Everton Paid £35m To Sign Him: Costs More Than Any Of These Players by festacman(m): 10:09am On Aug 09, 2019
Opinedecandid:
Wow!

I did academic, academic, academic.
And I am not earning this much.

My children will do a little of academic, more of music, much of sports.
There are people who did music, music, sports, sports but ended up poorly enumerated. This set of people look at their mates in oil & gas, telecoms, MNCs, etc and insist that their children will do more of academic. Meanwhile, here you are voicing the opposite. The truth is that there is no guarantee of success in anything you do life but there is possibility of success if certain cocktail of factors combine well for you.

2 Likes

Re: Alex Iwobi: Everton Paid £35m To Sign Him: Costs More Than Any Of These Players by Adekunleideology(m): 10:10am On Aug 09, 2019
As someone rightly said, Iwobi can't lace the shoe of 90% of players on that list.

And moreover, it's Post Neymar Transfer Market. .
Re: Alex Iwobi: Everton Paid £35m To Sign Him: Costs More Than Any Of These Players by educhigo: 10:11am On Aug 09, 2019
breaking news arsenal buy david luiz from chelsea grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Alex Iwobi: Everton Paid £35m To Sign Him: Costs More Than Any Of These Players by Nobody: 10:16am On Aug 09, 2019
kponkedenge:
Alex Iwobi costs more than all these players.

Wen u add inflation for the last 15 to 20 years, u would see that most of these players cost much more than iwobi
Re: Alex Iwobi: Everton Paid £35m To Sign Him: Costs More Than Any Of These Players by Reference(m): 10:17am On Aug 09, 2019
Yeah, courtesy of Arabian petrodollars soccer players are worth far less than their shelf prices.
Re: Alex Iwobi: Everton Paid £35m To Sign Him: Costs More Than Any Of These Players by SpaceTour: 10:22am On Aug 09, 2019
Yeah Anambra born Alex Iwobi is making Africa proud
Re: Alex Iwobi: Everton Paid £35m To Sign Him: Costs More Than Any Of These Players by shogsman(m): 10:27am On Aug 09, 2019
Nigerians always quick to celebrate mediocrity,in this age where defenders are worth £100m,Arsenal just bought a younger African for £70m plus nobody shout.
Re: Alex Iwobi: Everton Paid £35m To Sign Him: Costs More Than Any Of These Players by TheAviator: 10:35am On Aug 09, 2019
Opinedecandid:
Wow!

Please don't decide for them. While you will need to guide them, don't make the mistake of predetermining their career.
Re: Alex Iwobi: Everton Paid £35m To Sign Him: Costs More Than Any Of These Players by bamasite(m): 10:41am On Aug 09, 2019
Finally, naija player sold for a good fee
Re: Alex Iwobi: Everton Paid £35m To Sign Him: Costs More Than Any Of These Players by Angelfrost(m): 10:49am On Aug 09, 2019
Doesn't make him better than any of them... It's just a case of dumb inflation in today's transfer market.

Henry in his prime will cost nothing less than 200 million in today's market...

Let's stop flattering and overhyping the kid.
Re: Alex Iwobi: Everton Paid £35m To Sign Him: Costs More Than Any Of These Players by okeniti: 11:18am On Aug 09, 2019
Yeah, because of inflation. What 35Million bought you 10-20 years ago is the equivalent of 8-12Million today. I don't understand the point that's trying to be made. Was we paying N200 for Obalende to Oshodi 10-20 years ago seeing as we want to be silly.
Re: Alex Iwobi: Everton Paid £35m To Sign Him: Costs More Than Any Of These Players by nnaeyes6: 11:20am On Aug 09, 2019
Dollar don' depreciate na
Re: Alex Iwobi: Everton Paid £35m To Sign Him: Costs More Than Any Of These Players by oloriooko(m): 11:25am On Aug 09, 2019
OP i beg let Iwobi be angry angry angry
Comparing figures under different economic conditions is just annoying angry
Re: Alex Iwobi: Everton Paid £35m To Sign Him: Costs More Than Any Of These Players by sylve11: 11:34am On Aug 09, 2019
MurderEnglish:
cry

Alex Iwobi should be allowed to play football and all these nonsense English media hype the pain me wella.

Media and nonsense

abi o...... cool
Re: Alex Iwobi: Everton Paid £35m To Sign Him: Costs More Than Any Of These Players by sylve11: 11:35am On Aug 09, 2019
fredoooooo:
Transfer .market is a big joke nowadays grin cheesy grin
Even the world transfer record defender sef is not better than babwire grin

you talk truth here jare. cool
Re: Alex Iwobi: Everton Paid £35m To Sign Him: Costs More Than Any Of These Players by BlaQJeeZ: 11:55am On Aug 09, 2019
Boringdraw1:
Alex worth more than that
the reason is 'he's not a White dude'
Re: Alex Iwobi: Everton Paid £35m To Sign Him: Costs More Than Any Of These Players by fabolouz1(m): 3:49pm On Aug 09, 2019
What was the value of the currency then and now?
Re: Alex Iwobi: Everton Paid £35m To Sign Him: Costs More Than Any Of These Players by Princeofasia: 4:11pm On Aug 09, 2019
Opinedecandid:
Wow!

mind will do yahoo. i will train them how to wire from 5years
Re: Alex Iwobi: Everton Paid £35m To Sign Him: Costs More Than Any Of These Players by Nobody: 5:11pm On Aug 09, 2019
MurderEnglish:
cry

Media and nonsense
Don't hate your own. If this same English media hype wizkid, you will be the first to scream "wizkid to the world."Dont hate, pray for your time to shine.
Re: Alex Iwobi: Everton Paid £35m To Sign Him: Costs More Than Any Of These Players by 400billionman: 1:09am On Aug 10, 2019
Opinedecandid:
Wow!

Best comment on the thread.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Messi Overtakes Cristiano Ronaldo With Most Liked Sports Photo On Instagram / Mikel Obi And His Daughter's Having A Nice Time (Photos) / FIFA Suspends Nigeria

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.