Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,474 members, 7,954,850 topics. Date: Saturday, 21 September 2024 at 10:53 AM

Protesting Drivers Block Kaduna-Abuja Highway Over Shooting Of Driver By Police - Travel (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Protesting Drivers Block Kaduna-Abuja Highway Over Shooting Of Driver By Police (23404 Views)

Accident Caused Gridlock On Kaduna-Abuja Highway. Travelers Stranded For 48 Hrs / Petrol Tanker Rams Into Vehicles Along Abuja Highway, Many People Feared Dead / #EndSARS: Tanker Drivers Shutdown Yola- Jalingo Highway Over Police Brutality (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Protesting Drivers Block Kaduna-Abuja Highway Over Shooting Of Driver By Police by otokx(m): 1:51pm On Aug 09, 2019
What a country?
Re: Protesting Drivers Block Kaduna-Abuja Highway Over Shooting Of Driver By Police by hrykanu231(m): 1:51pm On Aug 09, 2019
Remimadrid:
In as much as I don't condemn them for protesting, blocking the road and not allowing other vehicles to pass is wrong. It would have been better if they had protest at the police headquarter in Abuja.
So that they will be used for target practice?
Re: Protesting Drivers Block Kaduna-Abuja Highway Over Shooting Of Driver By Police by Nobody: 1:52pm On Aug 09, 2019
AutoJoshNIG:
There is currently a protest by commercial vehicle drivers on the Kaduna-Abuja highway.

The reason for the protest is on account of the alleged shooting of one of them - a commercial vehicle driver -  by the police.

The protesting drivers blocked both sides of the highway with their parked vehicles, making vehicular movement difficult. This has caused a heavy traffic jam on Kaduna-Abuja road.

Photo Credit: @donsnupy

Source:

https://autojosh.com/breaking-protesting-drivers-block-kaduna-abuja-highway-photos/

AutojoshNIG??
Re: Protesting Drivers Block Kaduna-Abuja Highway Over Shooting Of Driver By Police by Adewumi9999: 2:02pm On Aug 09, 2019
Mutemenot:
Kidnappers go come select their best option jeje
Easy and perfect grin
Re: Protesting Drivers Block Kaduna-Abuja Highway Over Shooting Of Driver By Police by drmikeadams(m): 2:05pm On Aug 09, 2019
grin grin make dem jst park throway key o jare
Re: Protesting Drivers Block Kaduna-Abuja Highway Over Shooting Of Driver By Police by addicted268(f): 2:11pm On Aug 09, 2019
AutoJoshNIG:
There is currently a protest by commercial vehicle drivers on the Kaduna-Abuja highway.

The reason for the protest is on account of the alleged shooting of one of them - a commercial vehicle driver -  by the police.

The protesting drivers blocked both sides of the highway with their parked vehicles, making vehicular movement difficult. This has caused a heavy traffic jam on Kaduna-Abuja road.

Source:

https://autojosh.com/breaking-protesting-drivers-block-kaduna-abuja-highway-photos/

Police kill driver,army kill police,bokoharam kill army. This country self!

1 Like

Re: Protesting Drivers Block Kaduna-Abuja Highway Over Shooting Of Driver By Police by seanjy4konji: 2:14pm On Aug 09, 2019
you see how many people police kill every day but dem kill three of dem deh do hash tag...

if we gather liver kill all this sars like 6 or 10 of them in one day,they will reason and stop tipa tipa aarrest or kill their wife and children leave thier mothers...

they will get sense...

na who go lead..i ready kill them ooo...ambush and waste them.

1 Like

Re: Protesting Drivers Block Kaduna-Abuja Highway Over Shooting Of Driver By Police by lastempero: 2:17pm On Aug 09, 2019
Army is busy shooting them rather than fight back ,they are busy killing innocent civilians.

1 Like

Re: Protesting Drivers Block Kaduna-Abuja Highway Over Shooting Of Driver By Police by CodeTemplar: 2:18pm On Aug 09, 2019
Remimadrid:
In as much as I don't condemn them for protesting, blocking the road and not allowing other vehicles to pass is wrong. It would have been better if they had protest at the police headquarter in Abuja.
Police what... Shiite 2.0 loading....
Re: Protesting Drivers Block Kaduna-Abuja Highway Over Shooting Of Driver By Police by MobilityExpress: 2:19pm On Aug 09, 2019
Remimadrid:

Protest at Police HQ Abuja, so police can shoot more people bah?
Re: Protesting Drivers Block Kaduna-Abuja Highway Over Shooting Of Driver By Police by CodeTemplar: 2:20pm On Aug 09, 2019
Kingosytex:
Why block the highway? was it the highway that killed their member?

Just some years ago, a greater number of those protesters where in rallies chanting "change" and "sai baba". How time flys!

They better channel their protest to Aso Rock. The men directly and indirectly responsible for their predicament stay there.
Re: Protesting Drivers Block Kaduna-Abuja Highway Over Shooting Of Driver By Police by Jeezuzpick(m): 2:22pm On Aug 09, 2019
Remimadrid:

Where the biggest armoury is?

Remember what happened.to the Shi'ite protesters?
Re: Protesting Drivers Block Kaduna-Abuja Highway Over Shooting Of Driver By Police by MobilityExpress: 2:22pm On Aug 09, 2019
lonelydora:
You see why I was Indifferent on the Army shooting of policemen in Taraba?

You should not be indifferent because a kidnapping kingpin escaped and that puts more civilians at risk. Because he will surely go back to kidnapping and kidnap civilians again.
Re: Protesting Drivers Block Kaduna-Abuja Highway Over Shooting Of Driver By Police by Jaqenhghar: 2:36pm On Aug 09, 2019
The irony is they can blcok road because they killed one of their own but wont block road for good governance.
Re: Protesting Drivers Block Kaduna-Abuja Highway Over Shooting Of Driver By Police by apache4: 2:42pm On Aug 09, 2019
Buhari is the Best President Nigeria will ever Produce !!!

Report me if i'm wrong
Re: Protesting Drivers Block Kaduna-Abuja Highway Over Shooting Of Driver By Police by donaldde2: 3:02pm On Aug 09, 2019
Where is the useless IG that knw how to order police men to go after the patriotic #RevolutionNow#. Army men only killed 3 of your men , you didnt let us hear word again.. do you know how many innocent people u and ur useless boiz have killed.. We are also asking You (IG) and ur useless boiz to provide the killer of the driver as you are also demanding the army men that killed ur police men.

1 Like

Re: Protesting Drivers Block Kaduna-Abuja Highway Over Shooting Of Driver By Police by JIDECAC: 3:04pm On Aug 09, 2019
Mutemenot:
Kidnappers go come select their best option jeje
grin grin grin
Re: Protesting Drivers Block Kaduna-Abuja Highway Over Shooting Of Driver By Police by firfinch(m): 3:37pm On Aug 09, 2019
They better leave the road before kidnappers take advantage
Re: Protesting Drivers Block Kaduna-Abuja Highway Over Shooting Of Driver By Police by barnny(m): 4:14pm On Aug 09, 2019
barnny:
Na wa o. And my sister and her lil son are on the way to kaduna from kogi this morning. Which kind wahala be this
Na wa o. And my sister and her lil son are on the way to kaduna from kogi this morning. Which kind wahala be this

Please how is the situation like right now? I cant reach my sister since morning please can somebody help?

Re: Protesting Drivers Block Kaduna-Abuja Highway Over Shooting Of Driver By Police by Dottore: 4:49pm On Aug 09, 2019
amiititi:
Super clean uk used laptops available...

just look inward for the code [0-eight-0-eight-5-nine-9-six-2-seven-4]
Can one see the brands and models you have in stock
Re: Protesting Drivers Block Kaduna-Abuja Highway Over Shooting Of Driver By Police by DrKKK1(m): 5:34pm On Aug 09, 2019
Please somebody should update us about the road block, I have someone on that road and has been un. reachable. is the road free?
Re: Protesting Drivers Block Kaduna-Abuja Highway Over Shooting Of Driver By Police by Maket: 6:56pm On Aug 09, 2019
See foods for kidnappers.
Nigeria police....... Hmmm run away for your life.
Re: Protesting Drivers Block Kaduna-Abuja Highway Over Shooting Of Driver By Police by Maket: 6:57pm On Aug 09, 2019
DrKKK1:
Please somebody should update us about the road block, I have someone on that road and has been un. reachable. is the road free?
Better than morning. I pity travellers that will be spending the night there. We just get out of it.
Re: Protesting Drivers Block Kaduna-Abuja Highway Over Shooting Of Driver By Police by Maket: 7:03pm On Aug 09, 2019
addicted268:

Police kill driver,army kill police,bokoharam kill army. This country self!

SEE KILLERS WEB.

1 Like

Re: Protesting Drivers Block Kaduna-Abuja Highway Over Shooting Of Driver By Police by zone51: 8:56am On Aug 10, 2019
DrKKK1:

A friend also on the road updated me and I quote

After 11hours on the road, the road was cleared. Kudos to the Governor Elrufai. He flew back from MECCA and landed in Abuja. Moved to KADUNA and couldn't proceed from there because of the gridlock, he trekked down for about 100 kilometers to the exact shooting spot, and he was there clearing the gridlock with a combined team Army, SARS, DSS etc.

Maybe the Governor will slept at the hotspot, I don't know.

But it was really a terrible experience, some animals and chicken are dying in side the vehicle conveying them and children are crying of thirst and hunger.

Similar thing happened to me on the 15th November, 2017 @ Muritala Muhammed bridge in Kogi state. That one was a soldier that shot a truck driver because of N100 balance to complete bribe they collect from truck drivers.

So pathetic of our trigger ready armed officers.
Re: Protesting Drivers Block Kaduna-Abuja Highway Over Shooting Of Driver By Police by jessebig: 2:28pm On Aug 10, 2019
AutoJoshNIG:

Source:

WATCH: Governor El rufai at Kaduna-Abuja Highway clearing the traffic caused by protesting tankers

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WTzkFu0NmT0

Re: Protesting Drivers Block Kaduna-Abuja Highway Over Shooting Of Driver By Police by ademerit007(f): 5:02pm On Aug 10, 2019
And that is how i spent 9 good hours on that road from kaduna to Abuja instead of d 2hrs plus, chai, I really suffered

(1) (2) (Reply)

Debris Found From F-35 Jet In South Carolina After US Pilot Ejected / Return Of Emirates Airlines: Osita Chidoka VS Festus Keyamo. / Bus Conveying Mourners To Burial Kills Old Man Riding Bicycle In Borno (Graphic)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.