Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,785 members, 7,827,894 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 06:42 PM

HarmonyOS: In Your Face.... Android Apologists. - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / HarmonyOS: In Your Face.... Android Apologists. (3487 Views)

Comparisonhuawei Harmonyos 2.0 Vs Samsung One UI 4.0: Quick Settings Panel / HUAWEI P50 And P50 Pro Launches With Harmonyos 2 / Huawei To Unveil First Harmonyos-powered Smartphone In 2021 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

HarmonyOS: In Your Face.... Android Apologists. by Aidejay(m): 2:47pm On Aug 09, 2019
*Huawei Unveils HarmonyOS To Rival Android

Chinese telecom giant Huawei unveiled its own operating system on Friday, as it faces the threat of losing access to Android systems amid escalating US-China trade tensions. Richard Yu, the head of Huawei's consumer business, told a press conference in the southern city of Dongguan that the new system, called HarmonyOS or HongMeng in Chinese, would "bring more harmony and convenience to the world".

The highly-anticipated software is considered crucial for the tech group's survival as it confronts a looming White House ban on US companies selling technology products to Huawei which could remove its access to Google's Android operating system.

Yu said the new system was a "future oriented OS" to be "more smooth and secure," which he said was "completely different from Android and iOS."

Huawei said the first version of the operating system would launch later this year in its smart screen products, before expanding across a range of smart devices including wearable technology over the next three years.

"If you're asking when will we apply this to the smartphone, we can do it at any time," said Yu, adding that they gave priority to using Google's Android operating system, which is compatible with Harmony.

1 Like

Re: HarmonyOS: In Your Face.... Android Apologists. by Jake420: 3:30pm On Aug 09, 2019
Lol bet this would have less apps, accessibility and less customization worse user interface but yeah in your face android apologists

4 Likes

Re: HarmonyOS: In Your Face.... Android Apologists. by Aidejay(m): 6:01pm On Aug 09, 2019
Says the ??
Re: HarmonyOS: In Your Face.... Android Apologists. by Nobody: 6:58pm On Aug 09, 2019
Jake420:
Lol bet this would have less apps, accessibility and less customization worse user interface but yeah in your face android apologists
lol, Huawei sell over 200m phones yearly, far more than Apple and you think they can't get developers?
oppo vivo and Oneplus, are reportedly testing it already

3 Likes

Re: HarmonyOS: In Your Face.... Android Apologists. by Trizyd(m): 7:30pm On Aug 09, 2019
Let them ask what happened to windows phone os
Re: HarmonyOS: In Your Face.... Android Apologists. by Jake420: 8:18pm On Aug 09, 2019
lilbest4:
lol, Huawei sell over 200m phones yearly, far more than Apple and you think they can't get developers?
oppo vivo and Oneplus, are reportedly testing it already
They can but still wouldnt be compatible to google like google is the world's face of mobile technology whether on internet or os.
Compare 200mil to over 2bil users on Google lol.
We all witnessed this with the windows phone

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: HarmonyOS: In Your Face.... Android Apologists. by Nobody: 8:26pm On Aug 09, 2019
Jake420:

They can but still wouldnt be compatible to google like google is the world's face of mobile technology whether on internet or os.
Compare 200mil to over 2bil users on Google lol.
We all witnessed this with the windows phone
Huawei is not Nokia
Re: HarmonyOS: In Your Face.... Android Apologists. by Jake420: 8:32pm On Aug 09, 2019
lilbest4:
Huawei is not Nokia
It's not about it being Nokia it was about a new os challenging android and failing horribly.
Microsoft vs google
Google won Microsoft is far richer than Huawei if you're talking about revenue I'm talking about windows os you're talking nokia you think nokia was the only company using windows?
Anyway Huawei is not Microsoft and everyone knows Microsoft had a better chance against google than Huawei ever will but whatever floats your boat

3 Likes

Re: HarmonyOS: In Your Face.... Android Apologists. by Nobody: 8:37pm On Aug 09, 2019
Jake420:

It's not about it being Nokia it was about a new os challenging android and failing horribly.
Microsoft vs google
Google won Microsoft is far richer than Huawei if you're talking about revenue I'm talking about windows os you're talking nokia you think nokia was the only company using windows?
Anyway Huawei is not Microsoft and everyone knows Microsoft had a better chance against google than Huawei ever will but whatever floats your boat
windows phone was crappy and too rigid, both Nokia and Microsoft were completely clueless as to what they needed to do don't ever compare any of those to Huawei. Huawei is Samsung and Apple's nightmare, they're the only reason other smartphone giants woke up from their slumber of mediocrity they might soon be Google's nightmare.
People are already crying for an alternative to Google and all its leftist censorship

3 Likes

Re: HarmonyOS: In Your Face.... Android Apologists. by Jake420: 8:47pm On Aug 09, 2019
lilbest4:
windows phone was crappy and too rigid, both Nokia and Microsoft were completely clueless as to what they needed to do don't ever compare any of those to Huawei. Huawei is Samsung and Apple's nightmare, they're the only reason other smartphone giants woke up from their slumber of mediocrity they might soon be Google's nightmare.
People are already crying for an alternative to Google and all its leftist censorship
LMAO okay apart from Huawei using 50x zoom what other breakthrough has it made?
They were clueless sure windows phone was beautiful and amazing but android was simply better and that's mostly because it is open software so will easily get more apps and customization.
Mention only one thing Huawei p30 pro has over s10+ except photography.
S10+ is faster has better os,more space options better gestures ultrasonic fingerprint.
Literally only one thing and i won't even talk anymore here and accept defeat

3 Likes

Re: HarmonyOS: In Your Face.... Android Apologists. by Nobody: 8:54pm On Aug 09, 2019
Jake420:

LMAO okay apart from Huawei using 50x zoom what other breakthrough has it made?
They were clueless sure windows phone was beautiful and amazing but android was simply better and that's mostly because it is open software so will easily get more apps and customization.
Mention only one thing Huawei p30 pro has over s10+ except photography.
S10+ is faster has better os,more space options better gestures optical fingerprint.
Literally only one thing and i won't even talk anymore here and accept defeat
lol. Everything Samsung used to market the S10 was copied from Huawei mate 20 Pro that was already one year old. Reverse wireless charging, in display fingerprint etc
Are you sure you remember how smartphones were when Apple LG, HTC, and Samsung were controlling the smartphone market?

3 Likes

Re: HarmonyOS: In Your Face.... Android Apologists. by Nobody: 8:58pm On Aug 09, 2019
People are here saying "what happened to Microsoft". Yeah. Something happened. You see, The West as a whole lies to drain people and make them look vulnerable. If I bet you. This OS can't fail even 10% of what happen to windows mobile OS. Why I like the Chinese is that they are very innovative people. The know the have got everything on their side now. Chipsets? Cameras? Screen? Anything. To talk of apps. Do you know when I had windows. I couldn't even get app from a fellow user not to talk of use another OS app. The tried to fix it but couldn't. Believe if US feels this will fail let them ban Huawei again from using Android and you will see. We are talking of people that can give you apps more than Android in less than five years. I don't need to brag what the Chinese can do. and for your info it can run APK installation package. Even Google is afraid and you are here. The likes of Xiaomi, oppo, and the rest are lining up to leave Android with this. The know if Huawei fails. If the also become successful as Huawei US will come for them too. Face it bro. The west are using us. Asia is the real deal. In your face!!!

1 Like

Re: HarmonyOS: In Your Face.... Android Apologists. by Jake420: 9:02pm On Aug 09, 2019
lilbest4:
lol. Everything Samsung used to market the S10 was copied from Huawei mate 20 Pro that was already one year old. Reverse wireless charging, in display fingerprint etc
Are you sure you remember how smartphones were when Apple LG, HTC, and Samsung were controlling the smartphone market?
Reverse wireless charging was in the s9 Huawei wasn't the first with in display fingerprint bro why aren't you answering my question is it because perhaps I'm right and like there's nothing the p30 pro beats the s10+ in except camera?
Hmmm seems so just mention one other thing only one

2 Likes

Re: HarmonyOS: In Your Face.... Android Apologists. by Jake420: 9:07pm On Aug 09, 2019
forendal:
People are here saying "what happened to Microsoft". Yeah. Something happened. You see, The West as a whole lies to drain people and make them look vulnerable. If I bet you. This OS can't fail even 10% of what happen to windows mobile OS. Why I like the Chinese is that they are very innovative people. The know the have got everything on their side now. Chipsets? Cameras? Screen? Anything. To talk of apps. Do you know when I had windows. I couldn't even get app from a fellow user not to talk of use another OS app. The tried to fix it but couldn't. Believe if US feels this will fail let them ban Huawei again from using Android and you will see. We are talking of people that can give you apps more than Android in less than five years. I don't need to brag what the Chinese can do. and for your info it can run APK installation package. Even Google is afraid and you are here. The likes of Xiaomi, oppo, and the rest are lining up to leave Android with this. The know if Huawei fails. If the also become successful as Huawei US will come for them too. Face it bro. The west are using us. Asia is the real deal. In your face!!!
Bro they make cheap and good phones okay but os is something different.
You really think they'll have more apps than android?
Something apple hasnt done in how many years!
Dude we get it Huawei is a good phone company but there's a difference between making a phone and making an os.
Google has the best software experience in all its app against it's alternatives there's a reason why it's a big monopoly but you guys will be saying stuff doesn't make sense soon you'll be saying if xiaomi makes os for pc it will beat windows on pc

3 Likes

Re: HarmonyOS: In Your Face.... Android Apologists. by Nobody: 10:35pm On Aug 09, 2019
Jake420:

Reverse wireless charging was in the s9 Huawei wasn't the first with in display fingerprint bro why aren't you answering my question is it because perhaps I'm right and like there's nothing the p30 pro beats the s10+ in except camera?
Hmmm seems so just mention one other thing only one
s9 isn't close in any way to p20 pro or mate 20 Pro, Samsung upped their game with the s10 but it won't still be close to mate 30 pro. Battery, fast charge camera etc. You can't even compare their processors just the same way you don't compare apple bionic chips with Qualcomm and MTK because of software integration

Re: HarmonyOS: In Your Face.... Android Apologists. by Jake420: 10:59pm On Aug 09, 2019
lilbest4:
s9 isn't close in any way p20 pro or mate 20 Pro, s10 isn't close to p30 pro. Battery, fast charge camera etc. You can't even compare their processors just the same way you don't compare apple bionic chips to Qualcomm and MTK
First Samsung s9 had reverse charging so they didn't steal it from mate 20 lol.s10+ has a better processor you compare proccesor speed sd855 beat even a12 bionic and every other. I know you love that 100 mah difference for inferior speed and basic ui the Samsung adaptive fast charging fills the s10+ in 1h33 faster than 18w qc but how long does the p30 pro take to full?
I won't still go for a phone with a few minutes faster charge but worse specs and i said except camera apart from camera there's literally nothing its better than except camera.
And you still mentioned it after I said not to lol.
Did i also mention dynamic amoled on s10+ with 526ppi compared to 398 on p30 pro?
Lmaooo also better storage options without using nano memory which is expensive and only stops at 256 and i know you love having no headphone jack with your overhyping aasss does p30 even have nfc?

1 Like

Re: HarmonyOS: In Your Face.... Android Apologists. by Jake420: 11:02pm On Aug 09, 2019
Also forgot the s10 can take 4k vids with selfie camera how many phones do you know that can do that?
Idk but definitely not the p30 pro lmaoo
Hold this L real quick bro

1 Like

Re: HarmonyOS: In Your Face.... Android Apologists. by Nobody: 11:07pm On Aug 09, 2019
Jake420:

First Samsung s9 had reverse charging so they didn't steal it from mate 20 lol.s10+ has a better processor you compare proccesor speed sd855 beat even a12 bionic and every other. I know you love that 100 mah difference for inferior speed and basic ui the Samsung adaptive fast charging fills the s10+ in 1h33 faster than 18w qc but how long does the p30 pro take to full?
I won't still go for a phone with a few minutes faster charge but worse specs and i said except camera apart from camera there's literally nothing its better than except camera.
And you still mentioned it after I said not to lol.
Did i also mention dynamic amoled on s10+ with 526ppi compared to 398 on p30 pro?
Lmaooo also better storage options without using nano memory which is expensive and only stops at 256 and i know you love having no headphone jack with your overhyping aasss does p30 even have nfc?
how is reverse charge and reverse wireless charging the same? Samsung stole reverse wireless charge from Huawei and use it to market S10. S9 does not have reverse wireless charging it only has USB-C reversible charge
No phone using sd855 is even close to Bionic A11 when it comes to smoothness. It is not just about how powerful a processor is, software integration matters a lot.
Re: HarmonyOS: In Your Face.... Android Apologists. by Jake420: 11:20pm On Aug 09, 2019
lilbest4:
how is reverse charge and reverse wireless charging the same? Samsung stole reverse wireless charge from Huawei and use it to market S10. S9 does not have reverse wireless charging it only has USB-C reversible charge
No phone using sd855 is even close to Bionic A11 when it comes to smoothness. It is not just about how powerful a processor is, software integration matters a lot.
S9+ has wireless charging not reverse my mistake but you're saying they stole it from them like companies don't adjust with their competitors you know Samsung had water resistance since s5 long before Huawei did and also had dual cameras before them.
But my guy you just compared a11 bionic chip to sd855 i thought something was wrong when you ignored my last comment when I talked about inferior display lack of headphone Jack and so on but after seeing you compare sd,855 with a11 i can now see your intellect is God tier hence no point in continuing this argument with someone so intellectually inclined as yourself you're on a higher level(iq 1000) so I'll answer someone else no vex newton

1 Like 1 Share

Re: HarmonyOS: In Your Face.... Android Apologists. by Nobody: 11:25pm On Aug 09, 2019
Jake420:

S9+ has wireless charging not reverse my mistake but you're saying they stole it from them like companies don't adjust with their competitors you know Samsung had water resistance since s5 long before Huawei did and also had dual cameras before them.
But my guy you just compared a11 bionic chip to sd855 i thought something was wrong when you ignored my last comment when I talked about inferior display lack of headphone Jack and so on but after seeing you compare sd,855 with a11 i can now see your intellect is God tier hence no point in continuing this argument with someone so intellectually inclined as yourself you're on a higher level(iq 1000) so I'll answer someone else no vex newton
lol you let clock speed and benchmarks deceive you. Look, four years old Apple A9 chip phone run heavy games like pubg mobile like hot knife on butter. Benchmark or clock speed doesn't define your day to day experience on a smartphone
Re: HarmonyOS: In Your Face.... Android Apologists. by samsam2019: 12:13am On Aug 10, 2019
Jake420:

stop all these back and forth. You're arguing with an ostrich
Re: HarmonyOS: In Your Face.... Android Apologists. by OneGeek(m): 12:17am On Aug 10, 2019
I find this particular thread amusing

1 Like

Re: HarmonyOS: In Your Face.... Android Apologists. by OneGeek(m): 12:23am On Aug 10, 2019
All I know is the death of Android isn't in HarmonyOS hands.
let HarmonyOS come around, we certainly need a third player in the game, really
Re: HarmonyOS: In Your Face.... Android Apologists. by Jake420: 5:25am On Aug 10, 2019
samsam2019:
stop all these back and forth. You're arguing with an ostrich
Swear down this guy saying a11 smoother than sd855
Re: HarmonyOS: In Your Face.... Android Apologists. by odigbosky(m): 7:36am On Aug 10, 2019
If the Harmony OS does cannot use Instagram, Facebook, Snapchat, hangout, gmail and the rest....e no go fit sell for African market

1 Like

Re: HarmonyOS: In Your Face.... Android Apologists. by pappybarry(m): 7:42am On Aug 10, 2019
Jake420:

Microsoft vs google
I totally get your point but one thing you should know is Microsoft is computer based while Huawei is phone based meaning if any of the company should have more idea about mobile phones' os, it should be Huawei and they know exactly what would work better. I think Huawei would still have a very good chance though but let's wait till then.
Re: HarmonyOS: In Your Face.... Android Apologists. by pappybarry(m): 7:50am On Aug 10, 2019
Trizyd:
Let them ask what happened to windows phone os
windows phone os wasn't made for mobile devices, only computers, meaning it shouldnt have been made for phones. But Huawei will learn from Microsofts mistake and perfect it.
Re: HarmonyOS: In Your Face.... Android Apologists. by Jake420: 8:09am On Aug 10, 2019
pappybarry:
I totally get your point but one thing you should know is Microsoft is computer based while Huawei is phone based meaning if any of the company should have more idea about mobile phones' os, it should be Huawei and they know exactly what would work better. I think Huawei would still have a very good chance though but let's wait till then.
Yeah we will wait till then but what I'm saying is Huawei isn't even making good phones except for the glorified zoom on the p30 and good low light the phone isn't really a great buy if you're not a camera phone so they're not even that great in phones and they should try to be at least no. 1 before making software but yeah lets just wait and see
Re: HarmonyOS: In Your Face.... Android Apologists. by Nobody: 9:43am On Aug 10, 2019
Jake420:

Yeah we will wait till then but what I'm saying is Huawei isn't even making good phones except for the glorified zoom on the p30 and good low light the phone isn't really a great buy if you're not a camera phone so they're not even that great in phones and they should try to be at least no. 1 before making software but yeah lets just wait and see
you are extraordinarily funny or should I say misinformed/dull
Huawei doesn't make good phones yet they literally shiit on Apple, LG, HTC, take the top 2 spot and made Samsung shiit their pants constantly No android phone that was manufactured last year came close huawei mate 20 Pro.
You keep mentioning p30 pro which is not even their flagship. P series are not huawei' s flagship they are just a camera model. The P stands for photography their flagship is the mate series.
I decided to ignore your display argument because it was baseless. Samsung make the best amoled screen on earth everyone knows that but also the most fragile of what value is a beautiful display that is as fragile as cabin biscuit?
Re: HarmonyOS: In Your Face.... Android Apologists. by Theflow(m): 9:55am On Aug 10, 2019
lilbest4:
You're right man, nigerians allow clock speeds and various marketing gimmicks confuse the, trust me even the snapdragon 860 might not be on par with the A11 not to talk of the A12, Nigerians don't study what goes on under the hood and just derive conclusions from good marketing gimmicks, Here's a 'TIP' why did huawei keep comparing the speed of it's hongmeng (duh! harmony) os to IOS during It's conference
Re: HarmonyOS: In Your Face.... Android Apologists. by Nobody: 10:39am On Aug 10, 2019
Bro. The abionic chip or whatever is used solely by iPhone to running only iOS. Let an Android phone use it, you will see is trash. This is one of the reasons. Android is damn heavy. Let iPhone try using sd855 and you will see it beats that so called "abionic"
Re: HarmonyOS: In Your Face.... Android Apologists. by Nobody: 11:03am On Aug 10, 2019
forendal:
Bro. The abionic chip or whatever is used solely by iPhone to running only iOS. Let an Android phone use it, you will see is trash. This is one of the reasons. Android is damn heavy. Let iPhone try using sd855 and you will see it beats that so called "abionic"
that's why I said software integration 845 is even more powerful than A11

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Gionee F103 With 3gb Ram / Why Does MTN Stop My Data At 20MB Or 19MB / Help On Chat 222 Java Error

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 92
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.