Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,166 members, 7,849,601 topics. Date: Tuesday, 04 June 2024 at 05:23 AM

My Experience As A Recruiter-chika Uwazie @chikauwazie - Jobs/Vacancies (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / My Experience As A Recruiter-chika Uwazie @chikauwazie (14268 Views)

What's The Most Insensitive Question(s) A Recruiter Has Ever Asked You? / Points to note before sending out your CV to a recruiter / Interview Etiquette 101: My Personal Experience As A Recruiter (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My Experience As A Recruiter-chika Uwazie @chikauwazie by Gbengageorge: 12:56pm On Jan 17, 2023
Hello Op, I don't mind if you can help me change my job. I am a Network Engineer with over 10 years experience. I also operates side huzzle on the side with my registered company in providing IT Solutions to business environment. In both ways , I will appreciate anything you can offer. My direct line is Zero 8 Zero 67527794 Thanks.

DaBogu:
I am going to share my experience as a recruiter, hiring executive assistants for several clients. Some may not like what I have to say, but I can only speak my truth.

Do we have a major youth unemployment problem in Nigeria,yes we do. While there is a challenge of not enough positions aligned with educated youths, as a recruiter I have seen there is a portion of the youth that is not serious about employment. Almost a sense of entitlement.

Many Nigerian youths have access to data and social media. That is how people find me and apply to jobs. I would think during your idle time, you would take time and teach yourself new skills and level up. Unfortunately this is not the case for many candidates I interview.

Let's say I have 10 candidates that I want to interview. Only 5 of them will respond to my initial interview. The other 5 candidates never respond.

Out of the 5 candidates that respond to my email, only three of them will be able to demonstrate knowledge of excel and PowerPoint.

Once I meet them in person, two candidates will call me the day of the interview with one long story basically saying they can not come to the interview, and only one candidate will actually be ready to present to a candidate.

After going to this process over and over again, I have started to ask myself is it worth it? I want to help more Nigerians get jobs, but it's clear to me overall we are not serious.
ver 400 resumes I have for EA positions, only 50 resumes have been presentable to clients.

Nigerian youths if there is not anything else you get out of my message, you need to level up. The Nigerian education system is not preparing you for the workforce. Start teaching yourself basic etiquette of how to apply for a job and the interview process.

Stop sending emails with no subject title or body in the email. Then you attach your resume and expecting a positive response.

Stop embellishing your resume, only to find your are not anything close to what your resume presents.

Do not put a number on a resume that will be hard for a recruiter to reach you.

And finally, if you applied to a position you should be in your inbox more than social media. I can not tell you how many times I get an email from a candidate a week later saying they are just now seeing my email.
This is the cold hard truth. As much as I want to help Nigerian youths. Many of us are not prepared for employment.
Re: My Experience As A Recruiter-chika Uwazie @chikauwazie by Hamachi(f): 3:28pm On Jan 18, 2023
cheesy
Gbengageorge:
Hello Op, I don't mind if you can help me change my job. I am a Network Engineer with over 10 years experience. I also operates side huzzle on the side with my registered company in providing IT Solutions to business environment. In both ways , I will appreciate anything you can offer. My direct line is Zero 8 Zero 67527794 Thanks.

Re: My Experience As A Recruiter-chika Uwazie @chikauwazie by Gbengageorge: 4:08pm On Jan 18, 2023
Check my profile to see what I do. A friend of your friend might need my service. I have got countless referral like that, and you can also link me up, both corporate and individual.

Hamachi:
cheesy
Re: My Experience As A Recruiter-chika Uwazie @chikauwazie by laudate: 6:18pm On Jan 24, 2023
chukel:
most Nigerian youths are not employable. All they know is hurling insults on social media and looking for free giveaway. Very lazy lots.

How did you arrive at this conclusion? Did you do a survey or did you conduct any research into this? Kindly share the link so everyone can verify.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Sample Application Letter For Nigerian Railway Corporation (NRC) Recruitment / Part-time Vacancies In Lagos (for People Who Need Part-time Jobs In Lagos) / Any Npower Applicant Shortlisted For N-agro

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.