Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,161,237 members, 7,846,119 topics. Date: Friday, 31 May 2024 at 10:52 AM

DAPOBEAR EMERGES POLITICS SECTION POSTER OF THE YEAR - 2010 - Nairaland / General (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / DAPOBEAR EMERGES POLITICS SECTION POSTER OF THE YEAR - 2010 (7376 Views)

Poll: Who should be the Politics Section Poster of the Year - 2010?

Katsumoto: 42% (16 votes)
Kobojunkie: 13% (5 votes)
Dapobear: 44% (17 votes)
This poll has ended

Nominate Your Most Ignored Posters Of The Year 2010 / Odunnu & Mrbrownjay Are Romance Section Posters Of The Year - 2010 / Efemena_XY Emerges Jokes Section Best Poster Of The Year 2010 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: DAPOBEAR EMERGES POLITICS SECTION POSTER OF THE YEAR - 2010 by medjai(m): 4:40pm On Dec 08, 2010
Katstmoto
Beaf
Re: DAPOBEAR EMERGES POLITICS SECTION POSTER OF THE YEAR - 2010 by MyJoe: 5:29pm On Dec 08, 2010
SEFAGO:

He is always whining like a little b*i*tch about racism lol

Quantity (Not equal) quality

Kobo always rams forward with arguments even if she does not make sense

She often reminds me of Senator Jesse Helmes - "No!"

SEFAGO:

Beaf is very very biased towards his Delta region or wherever he is from. So most of his analysis are off point
Beaf's case is one of non-contingent political definitism.
Re: DAPOBEAR EMERGES POLITICS SECTION POSTER OF THE YEAR - 2010 by AjanleKoko: 2:27pm On Dec 09, 2010
SEFAGO:

Quantity (Not equal) quality

Kobo always rams forward with arguments even if she does not make sense

lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed
Re: DAPOBEAR EMERGES POLITICS SECTION POSTER OF THE YEAR - 2010 by Omenani(m): 9:29pm On Dec 09, 2010
Beaf

You have to respect the man, even if you do not agree with him.  But no one can deny the fact that he is the most passionate poster when it deals with issues concerning the Niger Delta and Federalism in Nigeria.
Re: DAPOBEAR EMERGES POLITICS SECTION POSTER OF THE YEAR - 2010 by chic2pimp(m): 2:04am On Dec 10, 2010
TAYO D !!! As a Staunch Republican, he offers something different to the usual pro democrat(or should I Pro Obama) points of view aired on NL which can be at times refreshing.
Re: DAPOBEAR EMERGES POLITICS SECTION POSTER OF THE YEAR - 2010 by MandingoII(m): 4:43am On Dec 10, 2010
nobody
Re: DAPOBEAR EMERGES POLITICS SECTION POSTER OF THE YEAR - 2010 by strangerf: 5:45am On Dec 10, 2010
Fstranger
Strangerf
Stranger
Blazay
Bk/babe97
MadingoII
Bk/babe97
Igbobuigbo
Seun
Mzdarkskin
Raceal84
Re: DAPOBEAR EMERGES POLITICS SECTION POSTER OF THE YEAR - 2010 by Nobody: 10:30am On Dec 10, 2010
What's the criteria for nominating, 'cus the names i see here make no point when debating, they just try to choke their skewed views on you,
Re: DAPOBEAR EMERGES POLITICS SECTION POSTER OF THE YEAR - 2010 by Nobody: 12:03pm On Dec 10, 2010
Beaf - for his passionate and overbearing stance on critical national issues
Katsumoto- for his sound historical perspective
Re: DAPOBEAR EMERGES POLITICS SECTION POSTER OF THE YEAR - 2010 by Jarus(m): 1:57pm On Dec 10, 2010
POSITION SO FAR:

KATSUMOTO - 10
BEAF - 9
DAPOBEAR - 6
KOBOJUNKIE - 4
CAP28 - 2
ONLYTRUTH - 2
WALES - 2
EXPERTS - 2
ANDRE UWEH - 2
IBIME - 2
TAYO - 1
SLAP1 - 1
EXPERTS - 1
ABAGWORO - 1
OYB - 1
JASON12345 - 1
SEFAGO - 1

DISQUALIFIED NOMINEES: Becomrich, Fstranger
NB: Only the Top 3 will make final poll at the expiration of nomination stage by 15th December, from where the winner will emerge after another two weeks of voting.
Where we have more more than two nomnations, only the first two were(will be) counted. The 'one poster, one nominee' rule has been reviewed to 'one poster, maximum of two nominees' as is being done in other sections.

oya, keep nominating.
Re: DAPOBEAR EMERGES POLITICS SECTION POSTER OF THE YEAR - 2010 by aljharem(m): 3:47pm On Dec 10, 2010
dapobear for sure

chinenyeN is very open minded
Re: DAPOBEAR EMERGES POLITICS SECTION POSTER OF THE YEAR - 2010 by strangerf: 3:48pm On Dec 10, 2010
alj harem:

dapobear for sure

chinenyeN is very open minded

Aboki, why did you not nominate me?
Re: DAPOBEAR EMERGES POLITICS SECTION POSTER OF THE YEAR - 2010 by aljharem(m): 3:55pm On Dec 10, 2010
mikesany

abagworo

ileke-idi wink

namfav

and gbawe, jason12345
Re: DAPOBEAR EMERGES POLITICS SECTION POSTER OF THE YEAR - 2010 by strangerf: 3:58pm On Dec 10, 2010
aboki, what about stranger?
Re: DAPOBEAR EMERGES POLITICS SECTION POSTER OF THE YEAR - 2010 by aljharem(m): 4:04pm On Dec 10, 2010
strangerf:

aboki, what about stranger?

yoruba man stop disturbing me

i ask what have u contributed to the unity of nigeria or even southern nigeria

all u do is insult igbo and hate of groups in nigeria u tribalist

until u love other people irrespective or there ethnic group then u would get my vote

until u open a tread and say how much u love the igbo people then u would get my vote angry
Re: DAPOBEAR EMERGES POLITICS SECTION POSTER OF THE YEAR - 2010 by strangerf: 4:08pm On Dec 10, 2010
alj harem:

yoruba man stop disturbing me

i ask what have u contributed to the unity of nigeria or even southern nigeria

all u do is insult igbo and hate of groups in nigeria u tribalist

until u love other people irrespective or there ethnic group then u would get my vote

until u open a tread and say how much u love the igbo people then u would get my vote angry

You also hate Ibo people

The other time you said that if they try to leave Nigeria again, you will VIOLENTLY show them your love
To me that's TOUGH LOVE. And. I believe in TOUGH LOVE.

So I do not hate Igbos, I just try to show them TOUGH LOVE!
Re: DAPOBEAR EMERGES POLITICS SECTION POSTER OF THE YEAR - 2010 by aljharem(m): 4:13pm On Dec 10, 2010
strangerf:

You also hate Ibo people

The other time you said that if they try to leave Nigeria again, you will VIOLENTLY show them your love
To me that's TOUGH LOVE. And. I believe in TOUGH LOVE.

So I do not hate Igbos, I just try to show them TOUGH LOVE!

violently love mean u would do anything in ur power to keep the person u love

but u is all about insulting them whether igbo or biafra

i dislike the biafrans but not igbos

and igbo man saved my life ones and he was not a biafran

if u tell me u dislike biafrans, then i would vote for u but igbos hate no
Re: DAPOBEAR EMERGES POLITICS SECTION POSTER OF THE YEAR - 2010 by strangerf: 4:16pm On Dec 10, 2010
We are saying the same thing

I have Tough love for Igbos, the emphasis on Tough though.

And, yes, like you, I dislike Biafrans. So vote for me!
Re: DAPOBEAR EMERGES POLITICS SECTION POSTER OF THE YEAR - 2010 by isalegan2: 7:59pm On Dec 11, 2010
Jarus:

POSITION SO FAR:

KATSUMOTO - 10
BEAF - 9
DAPOBEAR - 6
KOBOJUNKIE - 4
CAP28 - 2
ONLYTRUTH - 2
WALES - 2
EXPERTS - 2
ANDRE UWEH - 2
IBIME - 2
TAYO - 1
SLAP1 - 1
EXPERTS - 1
ABAGWORO - 1
OYB - 1
JASON12345 - 1

DISQUALIFIED NOMINEES: Becomrich, Fstranger
NB: Only the Top 3 will make final poll at the expiration of nomination stage by 15th December, from where the winner will emerge after another two weeks of voting.
Where we have more more than two nomnations, only the first two were(will be) counted. The 'one poster, one nominee' rule has been reviewed to 'one poster, maximum of two nominees' as is being done in other sections.

oya, keep nominating.

I believe SEFAGO nominated himself.  Shouldn't he have one point?  I saw nothing in the rules precluding self-nomination.  Long shot, but fair is fair.   grin  Let the dude have his 1 point already.

My nominee, CAP28, still has a shot.  We just need 5 more posters to support the nomination.  I will not abandon him cos he only has 2 points.  I will re-assess after the 15th, once the top 3 are officially announced.  cheesy

Ultimately, let us work together to prevent Junkie from ruling Nairaland Politics section.  I do not want to co-exist in a NairalandWorld where he/she is anointed elected anything!

edited: anointed is wrong choice of words.
Re: DAPOBEAR EMERGES POLITICS SECTION POSTER OF THE YEAR - 2010 by Sagamite(m): 8:50pm On Dec 11, 2010
isale_gan2:

I believe SEFAGO nominated himself.  Shouldn't he have one point?  I saw nothing in the rules precluding self-nomination.  Long shot, but fair is fair.   grin  Let the dude have his 1 point already.

My nominee, CAP28, still has a shot.  We just need 5 more posters to support the nomination.  I will not abandon him cos he only has 2 points.  I will re-assess after the 15th, once the top 3 are officially announced.  cheesy

Ultimately, let us work together to prevent Junkie from ruling Nairaland Politics section.  I do not want to co-exist in a NairalandWorld where he/she is anointed elected anything!

edited: anointed is wrong choice of words.

I would rather have Kobojunkie than have a delusional paranoic.
Re: DAPOBEAR EMERGES POLITICS SECTION POSTER OF THE YEAR - 2010 by isalegan2: 9:35pm On Dec 11, 2010
Sagamite:

I would rather have Kobojunkie than have a delusional paranoic.

It's a mock campaign.  Not sure who the target of your ire is - the nominee or this poster, or both.   tongue  Where did your sense of humour go?  Anyway, I don't want to derail the thread.  That's all from me until voting time.
Re: DAPOBEAR EMERGES POLITICS SECTION POSTER OF THE YEAR - 2010 by Sagamite(m): 10:25pm On Dec 11, 2010
isale_gan2:

It's a mock campaign.  Not sure who the target of your ire is - the nominee or this poster, or both.   tongue  Where did your sense of humour go?  Anyway, I don't want to derail the thread.  That's all from me until voting time.

Yep! Politics is no more a serious place since the tribalists ran rampage and made a lot of people with analytical thought drop their patronage of Politics.

I am not surprised it is mock grin considering some of the people that are on the list and that Becomerich won it last year, so the trend might continue this year. cheesy No disrespect to a few people that are there and worthy.
Re: DAPOBEAR EMERGES POLITICS SECTION POSTER OF THE YEAR - 2010 by Jarus(m): 3:44pm On Dec 12, 2010
Isale gan,
Self-nomination is allowed. Omitting Sefago was a mistake. My apologies. I'm editing the list right away.

Saga,
The process that produced BCR last year had no rules, so we are trying to avoid such this year. Anyway, this section's result was not officially recognized last year.
Re: DAPOBEAR EMERGES POLITICS SECTION POSTER OF THE YEAR - 2010 by Jarus(m): 3:50pm On Dec 12, 2010
Position, 3 days to go:
KATSUMOTO - 10
BEAF - 9
DAPOBEAR - 6
KOBOJUNKIE - 4
ABAGWORO - 2
CAP28 - 2
ONLYTRUTH - 2
WALES - 2
EXPERTS - 2
ANDRE UWEH - 2
IBIME - 2
TAYO - 1
SLAP1 - 1
EXPERTS - 1
OYB - 1
JASON12345 - 1
SEFAGO - 1
MIKEANSY - 1

Will Koboj overtake Dapobear for the third spot? Will any of the 2s pull a surprise? Can Beaf and Katsumoto be stopped?
Fingers crossed.
Re: DAPOBEAR EMERGES POLITICS SECTION POSTER OF THE YEAR - 2010 by mukina2: 6:22pm On Dec 14, 2010
Katsumo
Re: DAPOBEAR EMERGES POLITICS SECTION POSTER OF THE YEAR - 2010 by Jarus(m): 9:30am On Dec 15, 2010
NOMINATION ENDS, VOTING BEGINS
After running for two weeks, nomination has now come to end and voting is starting.

Here is the final standing at the end of round 1:
KATSUMOTO - 11
BEAF - 9 (Disqualified)
DAPOBEAR - 6
KOBOJUNKIE - 4
ABAGWORO - 2
CAP28 - 2
ONLYTRUTH - 2
WALES - 2
EXPERTS - 2
ANDRE UWEH - 2
IBIME - 2
TAYO - 1
SLAP1 - 1
EXPERTS - 1
OYB - 1
JASON12345 - 1
SEFAGO - 1
MIKEANSY - 1

My check with the banning authorities however shows that Beaf has been banned twice this year for running foul of forum rule. He is thereby disqualified.

THE FINALISTS NOW ARE:
1, KATSUMOTO
2, DAPOBEAR
3, KOBOJUNKIE

The poll is now up. Who takes the crown? Who becomes OFFICIAL NAIRALAND POLITICS SECTION POSTER OF THE YEAR 2010?

You decide!!!!
Re: DAPOBEAR EMERGES POLITICS SECTION POSTER OF THE YEAR - 2010 by semid4lyfe(m): 9:57am On Dec 15, 2010
Re: DAPOBEAR EMERGES POLITICS SECTION POSTER OF THE YEAR - 2010 by Nobody: 9:58am On Dec 15, 2010
Who voted for SEFAGO?

He prolly voted for himself.
Re: DAPOBEAR EMERGES POLITICS SECTION POSTER OF THE YEAR - 2010 by Jarus(m): 10:19am On Dec 15, 2010
BRIEF CITATION OF THE FINALISTS

1, KATSUMOTO: Katsumoto is highly respected on the politics section for his analytical prowess and debating skills. He joined NL last year and, within a short time, has risen to fame in the circle of Nairaland Political pundits. He is very visible in serious topics, marshaling facts to buttress his arguments. His choice of words in his comments is another strong point for him. Katsumoto's main turf are arguments that border on Igbo, Biafra and related issues. He is a respected voice in those areas.

"The value of the currency is not linked to the productive capacity of a country. It is no secret that most exporting countries want a lower value for their exports so as to increase their exports. The chinese have been manipulating the Yuan so as to sell more products which is a disadvantage to other competiting countries such as the US and the EU. The value of the Naira dropped in the 80s as necessary conditions from the IMF for the loans from the Shagari and IBB (SAP) governments. Japan is an export driven country, yet the Yen has a lower value than the Swiss Francs. Also, before the advent of the Euro, the Sterling had more value than the Mark yet Germany exports more than Britain."

-Katsumoto, analysing the political economy of currency devaluation

2, DAPOBEAR: Dapo's case in this section can be aptly summarized in what Yorubas call 'Akehinde gbegbon' - teh man that comes late and takes the seniority role. Although he has been on NL since 2006, he became active around October 2010, just two months ago. And within just two months, his contribution was so noticed that he got nomination for this award ahead of old equally respected old-timer analysts. Such is Dapobear's quality. He is no doubt in a class of his own. The manner he deploys facts and history to back his arguments tells a lot about Dapo's intelligence.

"Structure is very important. The decentralized, competitive, free-market nature of the American education system imo is part of what makes it so successful. Schools serve the needs of the populace here. They aren't just appendages of the government that will exist regardless of the quality of job they are doing.

Excellence here is also rewarded. The best schools in America KNOW they are the best and charge more money as a result. Harvard costs more money than University of Maryland. In Nigeria, there is less of a differential in prices between the best schools in Nigeria and the worst ones. This suggests inefficiency in allocating resources, I think.

I'm not saying the American education system is perfect, but I think it does a better job of utilizing resources than the Nigerian one"

-Dapobear, lamenting the decadence in our academic system

3, KOBOJUNKIE; Before the officialization of this award, far back 2007, almost all unofficial threads on most popular/best analyst etc in this section throws up Kobojunkie's name as among top contenders. A google check will confirm this. That shows how respected she is among the NL political analysts and watchers. Although some prominent members will stoutly disagree with this, that she made the Top 4 again this year shows that Koboj is a force to reckon with in this section, take it or leave it. But will she clinch the award, the maiden official edition? You decide. Kobojunkie has shown that political debates is not the forte of men only, with the manner she competes with guys here in discussing issues. She also deploys history, facts and logic in her arguments, never mond her always ROTFLMAO.

"Inferiority complex is an unfortunate Nigerian disease. Blessed with abundant human and physical resources, the best we can do is import goods from all sorts crazy places (most dodgy). We lack the self confidence to buy and promote goods made in Nigeria, when that isn't happening, we are pulling down capable Nigerians, our neighbours and "friends"; all because we are jealous of them or for ethnically bigoted reasons.

We worship whites, Indians and sing in Jamaican patois; while sitting on our own kind. Rather than export Icheoku etc, we create fake copies of "better" cultures and traditions that result in disconnected TV programmes like the "Nigerian Idol."
The man on the street who can't feed his kids, talkless of travelling to the UK, knows all about Manchester United and absolutely zero about Warri Wolves.

Nigeria is the only country on Earth that is like this. When will we ever wake up? "

- Kobojunkie, berating our national attitude, aftermath of wikileaks expose.
Re: DAPOBEAR EMERGES POLITICS SECTION POSTER OF THE YEAR - 2010 by mukina2: 10:55am On Dec 15, 2010
beaf has been banned this year more than once Jarus.
Re: DAPOBEAR EMERGES POLITICS SECTION POSTER OF THE YEAR - 2010 by Duduknight(m): 1:47pm On Dec 15, 2010
Shouldn't this poll be where you are likely to find the voters? In the Politics section!!!!!!
Re: DAPOBEAR EMERGES POLITICS SECTION POSTER OF THE YEAR - 2010 by isalegan2: 2:31pm On Dec 15, 2010
Jarus,
Good job.  Can you provide a link to, or a list of, past Politics Section Winners and runners up in the last few years?  I understand Becomrich won last year.  I'm curious to know who were the runners-up.  Also who won the year before that.  Thanks.

Jarus:

My check with the banning authorities however shows that Beaf has been banned twice this year for running foul of forum setion. He is thereby disqualified.

Beaf is out?  He wasn't one of my finalists, but still. . .
Disqualifying a nominee with so much support at such a late date?  Beaf, get yourself an advocate and challenge it.  There are so many loopholes.  Where is your sorry excuse of a awesome campaign manager?  grin grin

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

We Are Buying Itunes Card At The Rate Of 360/dollar / Is Uk And London The Same Thing? / Forum Game: Guess The Names Of These Countries

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.