Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,749 members, 7,817,079 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 03:39 AM

Just In: Flood Alert: 15 States At Risk Of River Flooding - Nairaland / General - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Just In: Flood Alert: 15 States At Risk Of River Flooding (230 Views)

The Benefits Of River Cruising For Older Travelers: Accessibility, Convenience, / Coronavirus: FCT, 8 States At High Risk – WHO (see The List Of High Risk States) / Adolor Junction In Benin Suffering Flooding For Almost 3 Decades(photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Just In: Flood Alert: 15 States At Risk Of River Flooding by Gemid94(m): 5:44pm On Aug 09, 2019
The Nigeria Hydrological Services Agency (NIHSA) has placed states on red alert asking them to expect more flooding during the rainy season.

Speaking during a press briefing in Abuja, Director- General of the agency, Engr. Clement Nze, said there is high probability that the 36 states of the federation including the FCT would witness different levels of flooding this year.

“River flooding as well as coastal flooding is expected to come into place as the nation approaches the peak of raining season,” he warned, adding that the agency had sustained the Annual Flood Outlook (AFO) to avoid the catastrophe experienced in 2012.

He said this is because flood from the upper reaches of the Niger Basin comprising Guinea, Mali, Niger, Burkina Faso, Cote d’Ivorie, Benin, Chad and Cameroon would be arriving Nigeria in about a month’s time.

The warning was directed to 15 states namely Niger, Lagos, Edo, Imo, Abia, Jigawa, Adamawa, Delta, Rivers, Cross Rivers...

Read more at: http://community.vanguardngr.com/profiles/blogs/flood-alert-15-states-at-risk

Re: Just In: Flood Alert: 15 States At Risk Of River Flooding by myfan: 5:47pm On Aug 09, 2019
Alright. Hope we all be on alert.

(1) (Reply)

Federasl Govt Talks About The Exit Of First Batch Of N-power / I Made A Payment For Ads Since 1pm Yesterday / I Am Feeling Depressed. I Need Help On How To Manage My Finances

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.