Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,037 members, 7,821,576 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 03:14 PM

Your Thoughts About Germany? - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Your Thoughts About Germany? (1283 Views)

Very Interesting Facts About Germany / United States Of America Vs United Kingdom!!! Your Thoughts? / How To Book Appointment In Germany Embassy In Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Your Thoughts About Germany? by Mudley313: 5:44pm On Oct 19, 2010
I'm interning in Germany right now and taking german classes as well. i study international relations and learning a second language is a plus so i chose german, but i'm starting to have second thoughts. First, i'm naija to the core but a US citizen as well so i'm here as an american. for one, i've noticed europeans be looking down on africans like the way racist white americans despise mexicans. there's a clear difference in reaction when i introduce myself as nigerian in comparison to when i sample them my american passport. i was even refused entry into a club one night and had to report to a polizie who led me in after i sampled my blue p. there've been other little incidences like this too; things that are unheard of in the parts i live at in the US (dunno bout the southern parts that much). Now with all this brohaha about islam and the turks, and feelings of xenophobia, i dunno how i feel bout my decision right now. i was intending to actually work some years in germany to perfect the language and carry that experience back to the US. anyone here living in germany with a different opinion?
Re: Your Thoughts About Germany? by Mudley313: 4:12pm On Oct 20, 2010
nobody living in germany for hia?
Re: Your Thoughts About Germany? by Hussain555(m): 7:43pm On Oct 20, 2010
@ op,
i`m not sure u`l find much people staying in Germany here.
I am also thinking of coming over to study but the news
I get about Germany each day about racism is really discouraging.
Maybe you join www.toytowngermany.com , you might find
something useful as it is a forum for expats in Germany, mostly Americans

hope i helped, smiley
Re: Your Thoughts About Germany? by asiwaju: 8:07pm On Oct 20, 2010
@poster,

Dont bother yourself about racist people in Germany,i live in Vienna Austria,many of them(not all of them,i have many white friends) are also racist,they are like the Germans,you see it is all about jealousy,many of these racist idiot are jealous when they think or see that you are doing fine,so please ignore them,face your german language courses and move on,dont waste your time on losers.

Asiwaju.
Re: Your Thoughts About Germany? by Mudley313: 11:22pm On Oct 20, 2010
Hussain555:

@ op,
i`m not sure u`l find much people staying in Germany here.
I am also thinking of coming over to study but the news
I get about Germany each day about racism is really discouraging.
Maybe you join www.toytowngermany.com , you might find
something useful as it is a forum for expats in Germany, mostly Americans

hope i helped, smiley

i know that website, and their discussions are mostly from a (white) american perspective; i wanted to hear from naijas here

asiwaju:

@poster,

Dont bother yourself about racist people in Germany,i live in Vienna Austria,many of them(not all of them,i have many white friends) are also racist,they are like the Germans,you see it is all about jealousy,many of these racist are jealous when they think or see that you are doing fine,so please ignore them,face your german language courses and move on,dont waste your time on losers.

Asiwaju.

well, i just don't feel comfortable around people who look at you differently just cos of the color of your skin. i wouldn't wanna live a life of constantly feeling uncomfortable when i have better alternatives. it's all good tho

(1) (Reply)

Abuja's City Guide / Royal Air Maroc (lagos Via Cassablanca To JFK) / Study Pharmacy In Italy

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.