Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,036 members, 7,814,534 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 02:33 PM

Very Interesting Facts About Germany - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Very Interesting Facts About Germany (5278 Views)

Some Interesting Facts About Flags Of The World. / How To Book Appointment In Germany Embassy In Nigeria / Very Interesting: Can Someone Advice Me On Getting Ireland And Australia Student (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Very Interesting Facts About Germany by Krak(m): 6:38am On Jul 13, 2014
1. Germany is one of the most densely populated countries in the world.

2. One third of Germany is covered with forests and woodlands.

3. The Christmas Tree that we know so well today originated in Germany.

Re: Very Interesting Facts About Germany by Krak(m): 6:39am On Jul 13, 2014
4. Saturday is part of the working week in Germany.

5. In Bavaria, Beer is officially considered a food.

6. Germany ranks second in world beer consumption.

7. The Oktoberfest takes place in Munich every September. It is the largest beer festival in the world. The size of the beer glasses during the festival is 1 litre.

Re: Very Interesting Facts About Germany by Krak(m): 6:40am On Jul 13, 2014
8. There are more football clubs in Germany than in any country in the world.

9. Most taxis in Germany are Mercedes.

Re: Very Interesting Facts About Germany by Krak(m): 6:41am On Jul 13, 2014
10. In Germany, denial of the Nazi Holocaust is a crime.

11. The German language is not spoken in Germany alone. German is also the official language of Switzerland, Austria, Luxembourg and Lichtenstein.

German is also spoken in Northern Italy and the French province of Alsace and Lorraine.

12. The first printed book in the West was printed in German. It was the Gutenberg Bible.

1 Like

Re: Very Interesting Facts About Germany by Krak(m): 6:42am On Jul 13, 2014
13. Berlin has the largest train station in Europe.

14. The tallest cathedral in the world is the Cathedral of Ulm Munster in Germany.

Re: Very Interesting Facts About Germany by Krak(m): 6:43am On Jul 13, 2014
15. Germany has the largest number of zoo's in the world, more than 400.

16. Berlin, the capital of Germany is 9 times bigger than Paris, the capital of France.

17. Germany has Europe's largest economy. It is both the industrial and economic heartbeat of Europe.

18. The most popular surname in Germany is Muller.

19. The German language has 35 dialects.

20. There are no speed limits on 65% of the Autobahn (highway) in Germany.

3 Likes

Re: Very Interesting Facts About Germany by Krak(m): 6:45am On Jul 13, 2014
21. German is the third most widely taught language in the world.

22. The official uniform for the Nazi Party and the Hitler Youth during World War 2 was designed by the great designer Hugo Boss.

23. Germany alone has more than 150 castles some of which are still inhabited by Aristocratic families, others have been converted to hotels and museums while others have been abandoned and lay in ruins.

24. Albert Einstein, the most recognised scientist in the world, was a German Jew born in Ulm, Germany.

1 Like

Re: Very Interesting Facts About Germany by Krak(m): 6:46am On Jul 13, 2014
25. Adidas was founded by Adolf "Adi" Dassler, a German from Bavaria while Puma was founded by Rudolph Dassler, his brother.

1 Like

Re: Very Interesting Facts About Germany by Krak(m): 6:50am On Jul 13, 2014
26. Notable German inventors are: Johanes Gutenberg (Printing Press), Wilhelm Conrad Roentgen (X-ray), etc.

27. Famous German composers includes: Beethoven, Schuman, Bach, Wagner, Strauss, Handel etc.

28. Famous German philosophers includes: Nietzche, Karl Marx, Kant, Hegel etc.

29. Bayern Munich is the most successful football club in Germany.

30. 10% of Bayern Munich's shares is owned by Adidas.

31. There are more football fans club in Germany than in any country in the world.

32. Germany recycles 48% of all wastes produced within the country.

33. The world's first airline was founded in Germany in November 1909. It is now known today as Lufthansa.

34. Levi Strauss, a German Jew invented the Jeans.

35. The Weihenstphaner is the oldest brewery in operation in the world. It has been operating since 1040.

36. There are over 300 different kinds of bread in Germany.

37. There are more than 1,500 different beer brands in Germany alone.

38. Spreuerhofstrasse is the world's narrowest street. It is just 31cm wide at it's narrowest point and is located in Reutlingen, Germany.
Re: Very Interesting Facts About Germany by Krak(m): 6:51am On Jul 13, 2014
39. There is a museum in Germany dedicated to bread.

40. More than 100 Germans have won the Nobel Prize.

41. Germans don't answer the phone with "hello", they answer the phone with their surnames. If you live in Germany you have to get used to this.

http://globalthots..com/2014/07/very-interesting-facts-about-germany.html?m=1

5 Likes

Re: Very Interesting Facts About Germany by Mubarack44(m): 7:13am On Jul 13, 2014
Germany go on and beat Argentina......
Re: Very Interesting Facts About Germany by Kingslaw(m): 7:58am On Jul 13, 2014
Germany is the only Country in the World that have ever beating Brazil 7-1 in Brazil home.

3 Likes

Re: Very Interesting Facts About Germany by WiseElectrical: 9:12am On Jul 13, 2014
Front page stuff

1 Like

Re: Very Interesting Facts About Germany by Masta01(m): 12:26pm On Jul 13, 2014
germany won the fifa world cup 2014

1 Like

Re: Very Interesting Facts About Germany by Nobody: 12:59pm On Jul 13, 2014
Re: Very Interesting Facts About Germany by Nobody: 1:02pm On Jul 13, 2014
Re: Very Interesting Facts About Germany by Nobody: 1:04pm On Jul 13, 2014
The Weihenstphaner is the oldest brewery in operation in the world. It has been operating since 1040.
So true, I live 150 meters to this company.. Located in Freising.. They even hosted a free beer fest last week in there company wink wink wink

1 Like

Re: Very Interesting Facts About Germany by Nobody: 1:06pm On Jul 13, 2014
Germans don't answer the phone with "hello", they answer the phone with their surnames. If you live in Germany you have to get used to this.
This one na wash abeg

32. Germany recycles 48% of all wastes produced within the country.
Yes, this is so right... In Germany, their are different waste bin for different materials.. It could be so annoying... angry angry

37. There are more than 1,500 different beer brands in Germany alone.
More than that.. In Bavaria alone, their are more than 550 registered brewery
Re: Very Interesting Facts About Germany by Nobody: 1:13pm On Jul 13, 2014
5. In Bavaria, Beer is officially considered a food.
Lol.. So true.. Even in churches, beer is served as beverage.. Anyone who doesn't drink beer in Bavaria is regarded as abnormal... grin grin grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: Very Interesting Facts About Germany by Krak(m): 1:37pm On Jul 13, 2014
More than that.. In Bavaria alone, their are more than 550 registered brewery

But why do they like Beer so much, I just wonder!

1 Like

Re: Very Interesting Facts About Germany by Nobody: 1:54pm On Jul 13, 2014
Krak: More than that.. In Bavaria alone, their are more than 550 registered brewery

Its a tradition.. They are connected to it.. Just like we are connected to our culture and heritage...
Re: Very Interesting Facts About Germany by Marriott1980(m): 3:52pm On Jul 13, 2014
Krak: More than that.. In Bavaria alone, their are more than 550 registered brewery

Well according to what I heard please dont quote me or abuse me. ...During world war 2 toxic chemicals from the numerous bombs went so deep in the ground and affected their water bed so it was difficult for them to get clean water for consumption that led to them using the water to brew beer instead of consuming it directly.

3 Likes

Re: Very Interesting Facts About Germany by Nobody: 3:57pm On Jul 13, 2014
Marriott1980:

Well according to what I heard please dont quote me or abuse me. ...During world war 2 toxic chemicals from the numerous bombs went so deep in the ground and affected their water bed so it was difficult for them to get clean water for consumption that led to them using the water to brew beer instead of consuming it directly.
LOL.. my belle oooooo grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Very Interesting Facts About Germany by SugaryBelle(f): 4:40pm On Jul 13, 2014
I've always liked Germany.

2 Likes

Re: Very Interesting Facts About Germany by Chinwem(f): 4:54pm On Jul 13, 2014
Masta01: germany won the fifa world cup 2014
Kingslaw: Germany is the only Country in the World that have ever beating Brazil 7-1 in Brazil home.

grin
Very nice thread Op
Re: Very Interesting Facts About Germany by Nobody: 11:19pm On Jul 13, 2014
I admire German efficiency and effectiveness that makes their Engineers top-notch.

But won't like to live there, unless they make me the Premier of NorthRhine-WestPhalia cool.
Re: Very Interesting Facts About Germany by justwise(m): 11:24pm On Jul 13, 2014
Germany are the first European team to win the World Cup on South American soil.

1 Like

Re: Very Interesting Facts About Germany by justwise(m): 11:34pm On Jul 13, 2014
Germany are the first team to win a World Cup with a goal scored by a substitute

1 Like

Re: Very Interesting Facts About Germany by Krak(m): 12:35pm On Jul 14, 2014
justwise: Germany are the first European team to win the World Cup on South American soil.

True
Re: Very Interesting Facts About Germany by rafcrown(m): 1:11am On Jul 15, 2014
I REALLY LIKE THE COUNTRY.
Re: Very Interesting Facts About Germany by Krak(m): 6:06am On Jul 15, 2014
rafcrown: I REALLY LIKE THE COUNTRY.
But they caused two world wars o.
Re: Very Interesting Facts About Germany by Krak(m): 11:43am On Jul 15, 2014
neutralwaya: I admire German efficiency and effectiveness that makes their Engineers top-notch.

But won't like to live there, unless they make me the Premier of NorthRhine-WestPhalia cool.

Practical Impossible dream.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Please Nigeria Government Talk To Your Ambassador In Malaysia! / My Experience At German Embassy / U.S TRIP:ABUJA-DUBAI-WASHINGTON D.C:21 Hours Stopover In Dubai with Video

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.