Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,700 members, 7,809,647 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 12:29 PM

Defence Headquarters Statement About The Killing Of Policemen By Soldiers. - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Defence Headquarters Statement About The Killing Of Policemen By Soldiers. (39443 Views)

NDA: Bandits Killed 2 Officers & Abducted 2 - Defence Headquarters / Stop North-East Soldiers From Using Phones- Ade Adeogun To Defence Headquarters / IGP Adamu Orders For Investigation Of Policemen Displaying APC 4+4 Sign (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Defence Headquarters Statement About The Killing Of Policemen By Soldiers. by AngelicBeing: 9:28pm On Aug 09, 2019
izzou:

Lol

I wished I left this country earlier. grin
lt is not too late to vammoose, although securing western visas to the western world is very hard now especially as a Nigerian applying from Nigeria, you have options of either the Australian / Canadian skilled workers program or via the US, Germany or Finland via students visa but all that I mentioned requires owobe, ego, kudi or money

I don't think or see Nigeria changing with the current set of wicked cabals, rogues, gangstas ruling that country, it is up to you to leave or remain but I don't see any light at the end of the tunnel in Nigeria.

Nigeria is a failed state after the order of Afghanistan, Yemen, Syria, South Sudan, Libya and Somalia, Nigeria is beyond redemption, that has been my position for years, but zombies and patriotic citizens have called me names on here but I don't really care, let them continue calling me names and enjoy all the killings, kidnapping, cultism, ritualism, robbery, senseless killings, hunger etc going on in Nigeria, every indices of a failed state is in Nigeria.

It is the headquarters of extreme poverty in the world, 6th most miserable country on earth and also a country where 21 states has been declared unsafe for western visitors, but again zombies and patriotic citizens will disagree with me, let them enjoy the country, QED

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Defence Headquarters Statement About The Killing Of Policemen By Soldiers. by Automatic3344: 9:28pm On Aug 09, 2019
Gandollaar:
You doubt that right? We are watching.

My uncle was among the 3 police kill, in the VIDEO he was the last person
who gave up...what a country, his wife just gave birth few months ago.. Nigeria is something ELSE embarassed

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Rm79Ewrm_Sw

2 Likes

Re: Defence Headquarters Statement About The Killing Of Policemen By Soldiers. by izzou(m): 9:31pm On Aug 09, 2019
AngelicBeing:
lt is not too late to vammoose, although securing western visas to the western world is very hard now especially as a Nigerian applying from Nigeria, you have options of the Australian / Canadian skilled workers program or via the US, Germany or Finland via students visa but all that I mentioned requires owobe, ego, kudi or money, I don't think or see Nigeria changing with the current set of wicked cabals, rogues, gangstas ruling that country, it is up to you to leave or remain but I don't see any light at the end of the tunnel in Nigeria, Nigeria is a failed state after the order of Afghanistan, Yemen, Syria, South Sudan, Libya and Somalia, Nigeria is beyond redemption, that has been my position for years, but zombies and patriotic citizens have called me names on here but I don't really care, let them continue calling me names and enjoy all the killings, kidnapping, cultism, ritualism, robbery, senseless killings, hunger etc going on in Nigeria, every indices of a failed state is in Nigeria, it is the headquarters of extreme poverty in the world, 6th most miserable country on earth and also a country where 21 states has been declared unsafe for western visitors, but again zombies and patriotic citizens will disagree with me, let them enjoy the country, QED

To leave is the goal

Nothing makes any sense here. Hope is dwindling every day by day

2 Likes

Re: Defence Headquarters Statement About The Killing Of Policemen By Soldiers. by AngelicBeing: 9:31pm On Aug 09, 2019
izzou:

To leave is the goal

Nothing makes any sense here. Hope is dwindling every day by day
l agree with you, work towards it
Re: Defence Headquarters Statement About The Killing Of Policemen By Soldiers. by JuanDeDios: 9:33pm On Aug 09, 2019
Ray97:
I blame both the soldiers and police officers involved everybody was doing show of force. Imagine if the police didnt return fire but surrenderd instead and then identify themselves later. What would have happened.. Let justice prevail abeg.

MODIFIED: some people quoting me are misunderstanding my position on this matter. Am not in anyway backing the army. Nobody really understood what happened but in cases like one have to look at the matter clearly. Yes the army killed the officers, yes the kidnapper suspect is at large now. But is this a case of corrupt or bad officers or just a misunderstanding. I mean if there was a sinister move on the side of the army, why are there survivals. Why didnt the soldiers kill all the cops then. What if the soldiers saw the guns and mistook the undercover officers for bad guys, panicked and then opened fire. What if there was a confrontation between the two security outfits and then it resulted into fracas.
And what if the policemen thought the soldiers were bandits dressed like soldiers since only bandits would normally confront policemen transporting a crime boss?

1 Like

Re: Defence Headquarters Statement About The Killing Of Policemen By Soldiers. by onyxo76(m): 9:34pm On Aug 09, 2019
Unfortunately nothing will come out of the investigations by Monday morning nobody go remember anything, the freed kidnapper will be eating salah meat somewhere ,the soldiers who did the shooting will be chilling in the officers mess in the barracks over some cold bottles of beer and fish pepper soup.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Defence Headquarters Statement About The Killing Of Policemen By Soldiers. by Nobody: 9:36pm On Aug 09, 2019
JuanDeDios:

And what if the policemen thought the soldiers were bandits dressed like soldiers since only bandits would normally confront policemen transporting a crime boss?
dont forget the police men wer in mufti.
Re: Defence Headquarters Statement About The Killing Of Policemen By Soldiers. by Juventus4life: 9:45pm On Aug 09, 2019
Ray97:
I blame both the soldiers and police officers involved everybody was doing show of force. Imagine if the police didnt return fire but surrenderd instead and then identify themselves later. What would have happened.. Let justice prevail abeg.

MODIFIED: some people quoting me are misunderstanding my position on this matter. Am not in anyway backing the army. Nobody really understood what happened but in cases like one have to look at the matter clearly. Yes the army killed the officers, yes the kidnapper suspect is at large now. But is this a case of corrupt or bad officers or just a misunderstanding. I mean if there was a sinister move on the side of the army, why are there survivals. Why didnt the soldiers kill all the cops then. What if the soldiers saw the guns and mistook the undercover officers for bad guys, panicked and then opened fire. What if there was a confrontation between the two security outfits and then it resulted into fracas.
where is the kidnapper?
Did the army have authority to let go the so claim victims without asking questions and at same time handing him over to the police?
did the so claim victims come out publicly and denied the allegations lebelled against him by the police?
so many questions that need to be answer by the Nigeria army

1 Like

Re: Defence Headquarters Statement About The Killing Of Policemen By Soldiers. by TruthinAction: 9:47pm On Aug 09, 2019
joseph1832:
Nice. I hope the committee will reveal its findings to the public. I want to believe those soldiers didn't aide the escape of that kidnapper.

But that's exactly what happened. Kidnapping is a big time business. Most of the kids you see involved are just boys to some big guys. Where do you think they get the guns from? If the investigation is going to expose some big names, it will just fade away. You won't get anything out of it.
Re: Defence Headquarters Statement About The Killing Of Policemen By Soldiers. by Juventus4life: 9:48pm On Aug 09, 2019
Ikpeazukerosene:

If the police opened fire, how come none of the soldiers was injured or shot?

How come the arrested kidnapper wasn't shot during the exchange of gunfire?

We have seen when soldiers rescue kidnap victims, they are usually taken to the nearest army formation. Where was the kidnapper taken to?

The arrested kidnapper was handcuffed, where did the soldiers get the key to uncuff him?
These your questions too much for them.
Re: Defence Headquarters Statement About The Killing Of Policemen By Soldiers. by jesusson2020: 9:56pm On Aug 09, 2019
Automatic3344:

My uncle was among the 3 police kill, in the VIDEO he was the last person who gave up...what a country, his wife just gave birth few months ago.. Nigeria is something ELSE embarassed

Please send me link of the video
Re: Defence Headquarters Statement About The Killing Of Policemen By Soldiers. by Automatic3344: 10:02pm On Aug 09, 2019
Re: Defence Headquarters Statement About The Killing Of Policemen By Soldiers. by Xlyad(m): 10:14pm On Aug 09, 2019
Chukwurah003:

You clearly know nothing about the Army. Police special forces is no match for even regular soldiers. It’s like you don’t know what it’s like to fight terrorists who don’t care about death.

Is it the number of magazines or decisiveness that wins a battle. You’re extremely naive.
you know nothing about the forces. some well trained policemen can only be compared to special forces in the army. Some regular soldiers in Nigeria have so lost military bearing that they barely know how to shoot the gun.

2 Likes

Re: Defence Headquarters Statement About The Killing Of Policemen By Soldiers. by MikeBetty(m): 10:31pm On Aug 09, 2019
Ray97:

Trash

1 Like

Re: Defence Headquarters Statement About The Killing Of Policemen By Soldiers. by IamCharles123: 10:34pm On Aug 09, 2019
Ray97:

No need for all this long talk, how did the kidnapper in handcuffs escape?

2 Likes

Re: Defence Headquarters Statement About The Killing Of Policemen By Soldiers. by executive12: 10:34pm On Aug 09, 2019
Ray97:

I guess you will also justify the Edo State incident where some Nigerian soldiers killed a vigilante member and freed the Fulani bandit he arrested. You might want to explain why the soldiers freed the kidnap kingpin who was in handcuffs. Who told you that there was exchange of fire? Lies from the crooked Army.

3 Likes

Re: Defence Headquarters Statement About The Killing Of Policemen By Soldiers. by Nobody: 10:39pm On Aug 09, 2019
Ray97:

Ok fair enough, but where is the kidnapper? And why did the army officers leave the scene and not offer any help help to the policemen if it was truly a misunderstanding? Those policemen were killed in cold blood.

1 Like

Re: Defence Headquarters Statement About The Killing Of Policemen By Soldiers. by executive12: 10:39pm On Aug 09, 2019
GeoAfrikana:

Stuff happens everywhere bro. No country is Eldorado

You don't get it. Nigeria is not even a country.
Re: Defence Headquarters Statement About The Killing Of Policemen By Soldiers. by IamCharles123: 10:39pm On Aug 09, 2019
Ray97:
dont forget the police men wer in mufti.
The issue is not about the police men being in mufti, the question is where is the kidnapper, how did he manage to escape

1 Like

Re: Defence Headquarters Statement About The Killing Of Policemen By Soldiers. by executive12: 10:46pm On Aug 09, 2019
GeoAfrikana:

Soldiers are better shooters than policemen. One soldier can take down a dozen police officers. I heard of one that beat a whole police team and even disarmed them in Ibadan.

Just wait, investigation is going on. Kindly avoid making judgement with little or no knowledge.

The same soldiers that run from the Boko Haram? The Nigerian Army is known for lies. Where is the kidnap kingpin? The Defence Headquarters should not be the agency carrying out the investigation. An independent body should do the investigation.

2 Likes

Re: Defence Headquarters Statement About The Killing Of Policemen By Soldiers. by executive12: 10:49pm On Aug 09, 2019
Ray97:
casualties mustnt be on both sides. What am trying to say is that there was probably some kinda resistance 4rm the police.

Army spokesman, please where is the kidnap kingpin that was in handcuffs?

1 Like

Re: Defence Headquarters Statement About The Killing Of Policemen By Soldiers. by Ikpeazukerosene: 10:49pm On Aug 09, 2019
Chukwurah003:

You clearly know nothing about the Army. Police special forces is no match for even regular soldiers. It’s like you don’t know what it’s like to fight terrorists who don’t care about death.

Is it the number of magazines or decisiveness that wins a battle. You’re extremely naive.

My friend, go to bed if you have nothing sensible to contribute. Just be talking like an idiot.

Soldiers carry 30 rounds, IRT guys carry 90 rounds. There's no way there would be a shoot-out and the soldiers won't have an injured soldier at least.

Secondly, one of the policemen was shot by the soldiers after he presented his ID Card and and identified himself as a member of the IRT.

4 Likes

Re: Defence Headquarters Statement About The Killing Of Policemen By Soldiers. by ObiOkpor(m): 10:53pm On Aug 09, 2019
[quote author=Ikpeazukerosene post=81105670]

If the police opened fire, how come none of the soldiers was injured or shot?

How come the arrested kidnapper wasn't shot during the exchange of gunfire?

We have seen when soldiers rescue kidnap victims, they are usually taken to the nearest army formation. Where was the kidnapper taken to?

The arrested kidnapper was handcuffed, where did the soldiers get the key to uncuff him?
You asked rubbish questions.
Re: Defence Headquarters Statement About The Killing Of Policemen By Soldiers. by Ikpeazukerosene: 11:09pm On Aug 09, 2019
ObiOkpor:

You asked rubbish questions.

That's because they are above your IQ.

Those questions up there, the entire Nigerian Army can't answer them.

2 Likes

Re: Defence Headquarters Statement About The Killing Of Policemen By Soldiers. by executive12: 11:09pm On Aug 09, 2019
Chukwurah003:

Yeah right. The same Army that runs from Boko Haram.

2 Likes

Re: Defence Headquarters Statement About The Killing Of Policemen By Soldiers. by executive12: 11:11pm On Aug 09, 2019
Automatic3344:
My uncle was among the 3 police kill, in the VIDEO he was the last person who gave up...what a country, his wife just gave birth few months ago.. Nigeria is something ELSE ..so sad

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Rm79Ewrm_Sw

Sad. May he RIP.
Re: Defence Headquarters Statement About The Killing Of Policemen By Soldiers. by blujoi(m): 11:14pm On Aug 09, 2019
Please educate him. IRT team was specially formed to tackle kidnappers. The police men in that team are the best of the best. They are well trained and are even better than some soldiers. This case is simply cold blooded murder on the part of the soldiers with the aim to free the kidnapper. Like someone said once you hear anything committee just know that nothing will come out of it. Abba Kyari will be called and told to stand down and he won’t do anything about it.

Ikpeazukerosene:

My friend, go to bed if you have nothing sensible to contribute.

Soldiers carry 30 rounds, IRT guys carry 90 rounds. There's no way there would be a shoot-out and the soldiers won't have an injured soldier at least.

Secondly, one of the policemen was shot by the soldiers after he presented his ID Card and and identified himself as a member of the IRT.
Re: Defence Headquarters Statement About The Killing Of Policemen By Soldiers. by kellyboo: 11:25pm On Aug 09, 2019
Good day all.

Check my signature for hot selling Powerbank for household use and other solar products.

Click the link below.
Thanks
Re: Defence Headquarters Statement About The Killing Of Policemen By Soldiers. by Ikpeazukerosene: 11:34pm On Aug 09, 2019
striker07:
you don't know what you are saying,how come untrained boko haram were killing the trained soldiers,how come some soldiers were demanding for better weapons?

The guy is an idiot
Re: Defence Headquarters Statement About The Killing Of Policemen By Soldiers. by tomju(m): 11:34pm On Aug 09, 2019
Ray97:

Why was the "suspect" not shot? Apparently he was the beneficiary of the confrontation by the army, which to my view was deliberately orchestrated to release him. He was in handcuffs remember!. Will a kidnap victim be in handcuffs?. Who removed the cuffs, why was he not questioned by the army after rescuing him? Why was he not taken to the barracks for documentation and debriefing, according to standard laid down procedure? Are you aware that the army are not authorised to interfere in civil duties except expressly permitted to? Who commissioned the mission to rescue the "kidnapped suspect" ? By the time the committee submits its findings you will see that the army will be indicted. I expect some dismissals and prosecution for murder. Those police officers and the civilian cannot just die in vain. Such a show of shame.

1 Like

Re: Defence Headquarters Statement About The Killing Of Policemen By Soldiers. by oyepaulkay(m): 11:34pm On Aug 09, 2019
Xisnin:

Stop lying. The police did not return fire.
If they did, some soldiers would be dead.

I hope you know what the meaning of shootout and exchange of fires is??
Re: Defence Headquarters Statement About The Killing Of Policemen By Soldiers. by Ikpeazukerosene: 11:38pm On Aug 09, 2019
blujoi:
Please educate him. IRT team was specially formed to tackle kidnappers. The police men in that team are the best of the best. They are well trained and are even better than some soldiers. This case is simply cold blooded murder on the part of the soldiers with the aim to free the kidnapper. Like someone said once you hear anything committee just know that nothing will come out of it. Abba Kyari will be called and told to stand down and he won’t do anything about it.

Normal Nigerian soldiers can't stand the IRT. That's a fact. IRT that operates in the deserts of the North and the creeks in the Niger Delta. The last time they sent soldiers to the creeks, it was militants that were saving them from drowning.

Kidnapping is serious business and the IRT wants to end it. The sponsors don't want it to end just like they don't want Boko Haram to end.

4 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Sani Sha’aban's 17 Children Pick APC Governorship Nomination Form For Him / Video Of Peter Obi Jogging For Physical Fitness / Goodluck Jonathan : I Am Under Pressure To Contest For Presidency In 2019

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 76
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.