Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,742 members, 7,824,140 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 12:14 AM

Watch What You Buy By The Roadside, What I Heard This Evening Will Shock You! - Food - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Food / Watch What You Buy By The Roadside, What I Heard This Evening Will Shock You! (807 Views)

Woman Filmed Cleaning The Bodies Of Strange Fish By The Roadside / See the Catfish Peppersoup I Got For #1800 This Evening. / See The N200 Onions I Bought This Evening In Port Harcourt (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Watch What You Buy By The Roadside, What I Heard This Evening Will Shock You! by lovekhian: 5:06am On Aug 10, 2019
Somebody epp me, pls my ear she yaf blind�� So I stepped out to see a friend at the bus stop to my house and we got talking about a woman who sells corn. I wanted to buy corn but she was just cooking it.

I was like who cooks corn in the evening � me that I was already vexing because I really like corn gaann.

My friend na told me to be patient that it would be ready soon, and I was like how does she know that? She said don't I know that they usually use nails to boil the corn so it gets soft on time���� I couldn't help but express my shock.

You say what? �

She said yeah they use put nails or stainless spoons inside the corn to make them soft on time. I couldn't help myself.

I just carried my kaya, bought raw corn and went to my house jejely.
Going forward, I will boil my corn in my house with clean water and no nails, na my pressure pot go suffer am.

Roadside foods have never been healthy, as much as you can minimize what you by outside, cook your own meal.

Re: Watch What You Buy By The Roadside, What I Heard This Evening Will Shock You! by majamajic(m): 5:09am On Aug 10, 2019
not even what I was expecting to hear ,
Re: Watch What You Buy By The Roadside, What I Heard This Evening Will Shock You! by pussyeater(m): 5:18am On Aug 10, 2019
ODE !!! undecided
Re: Watch What You Buy By The Roadside, What I Heard This Evening Will Shock You! by udoka2013: 5:42am On Aug 10, 2019
Before nko. Even some stubborn meat are cooked like that.
Re: Watch What You Buy By The Roadside, What I Heard This Evening Will Shock You! by RiyaGoddess(f): 6:07am On Aug 10, 2019
See the way I rushed in here thinking it was something so serious or weird. Op are you from another planet Nail (Isho not Finger nails) is being used to soften hard foods. Even goat meat, put nail inside it when cooking. If you have no nail, drop in panadol. Oya Read my signature.

1 Like

Re: Watch What You Buy By The Roadside, What I Heard This Evening Will Shock You! by Born2Breed(f): 6:36am On Aug 10, 2019
Op, welcome to 9ja.
Re: Watch What You Buy By The Roadside, What I Heard This Evening Will Shock You! by Raysleek: 7:06am On Aug 10, 2019
RiyaGoddess:
See the way I rushed in here thinking it was something so serious or weird. Op are you from another planet Nail (Isho not Finger nails) is being used to soften hard foods. Even goat meat, put nail inside it when cooking. If you have no nail, drop in panadol. Oya Read my signature.
I know nails are prone to rust on exposure to water and air.. I just hope those nails are not releasing toxins into the corn that makes them soften on time..
Re: Watch What You Buy By The Roadside, What I Heard This Evening Will Shock You! by RiyaGoddess(f): 7:21am On Aug 10, 2019
Raysleek:
I know nails are prone to rust on exposure to water and air.. I just hope those nails are not releasing toxins into the corn that makes them soften on time..

Hahahahahaha bros na so dem dey cook am everywhere ooo. Nobody don die. If not all these big men queuing up in their big jeeps no go dey chop corn again. If we say make we dey check dictionary for wetin get toxin upandan that means nobody go dey chop food outside again. A lot of weird things are being used to cook now a days.
Re: Watch What You Buy By The Roadside, What I Heard This Evening Will Shock You! by lomprico(m): 9:27am On Aug 10, 2019
lovekhian:
Somebody epp me, pls my ear she yaf blind�� So I stepped out to see a friend at the bus stop to my house and we got talking about a woman who sells corn. I wanted to buy corn but she was just cooking it.

I was like who cooks corn in the evening � me that I was already vexing because I really like corn gaann.

My friend na told me to be patient that it would be ready soon, and I was like how does she know that? She said don't I know that they usually use nails to boil the corn so it gets soft on time���� I couldn't help but express my shock.

You say what? �

She said yeah they use put nails or stainless spoons inside the corn to make them soft on time. I couldn't help myself.

I just carried my kaya, bought raw corn and went to my house jejely.
Going forward, I will boil my corn in my house with clean water and no nails, na my pressure pot go suffer am.

Roadside foods have never been healthy, as much as you can minimize what you by outside, cook your own meal.

are you going to cook it with clay pot?

abi u will use aluminium pot that is same material as the nail or spoon? grin

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

New Method Of Frying Plantain Dodo ( Video ) / I Have Not Eaten Indomie Noodles For A Year / Cat Fish For Sale

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.