Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,224 members, 7,836,079 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 08:31 PM

U.S. Posts New Nigeria Travel Warning: Kidnapping, Robbery, Bombs, Etc - Travel (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / U.S. Posts New Nigeria Travel Warning: Kidnapping, Robbery, Bombs, Etc (10937 Views)

U.S. Issues Travel Warning To Its Citizens In Nigeria / Nigeria Travel Warning / Nigeria Issues Uk "travel Warning"! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: U.S. Posts New Nigeria Travel Warning: Kidnapping, Robbery, Bombs, Etc by samoks(m): 12:34am On Oct 20, 2010
IS AMERICA SAFE? ABEG MAKE DEM GO SIT DOWN, NO BE DEM PUT AMOS ADAMU FOR TROUBLE NOW?[size=8pt][size=8pt][size=8pt][size=8pt][size=8pt][size=8pt][size=8pt][size=8pt][size=8pt][size=8pt][/size][/size][/size][/size][/size][/size][/size][/size][/size][/size]
Re: U.S. Posts New Nigeria Travel Warning: Kidnapping, Robbery, Bombs, Etc by Ruq: 12:45am On Oct 20, 2010
This Not the first time. May be they just renewing the speech!
Re: U.S. Posts New Nigeria Travel Warning: Kidnapping, Robbery, Bombs, Etc by Princek12(m): 12:49am On Oct 20, 2010
gididi:

America should sit down with this yeye alert. Two of my friends were shot driving along Peachtree rd in Atlanta last month .  One Yoruba and Edo guy for nothing.  Just stop for traffic light and bang!bang! and wake up in Grady hospital.
There is no day in atlanta , new jersy,washington or new york you wont hear somebody's death from gang or drug business.

You can run your mouth all day; America is still substantially safer than Nigeria. In America, you can drive with confidence at anytime of the day or night. You can even drive, for example, from Atlanta to New York all night without fear that armed robbers will attack you. And even in the rare incident that you become a victim of armed robbery, you can best be assured that it will be thoroughly investigated, and hopefully the culprits will be brought to face the wrath of the law.

Granted, as there is no society completely free of violence, yes there are still robberies and home invasions in America, but no way near the blatant kidnappings and korokoro armed robbery being perpetrated by those hooligans in Nigeria with impunity. Sadly, the Nigerian police, although understandably underfunded and ill equipped to investigate crime, does practically nothing to abate these melancholy.
Re: U.S. Posts New Nigeria Travel Warning: Kidnapping, Robbery, Bombs, Etc by kabukabu50(m): 12:58am On Oct 20, 2010
Princek12:

You can run your mouth all day; America is still substantially safer than Nigeria. In America, you can drive with confidence at anytime of the day or night. You can even drive, for example, from Atlanta to New York all night without fear that armed robbers will attack you. And even in the rare incident that you become a victim of armed robbery, you can best be assured that it will be thoroughly investigated, and hopefully the culprits will be brought to face the wrath of the law.

Granted, as there is no society completely free of violence, yes there are still robberies and home invasions in America, but no way near the blatant kidnappings and korokoro armed robbery being perpetrated by those hooligans in Nigeria with impunity. Sadly, the Nigerian police, although understandably underfunded and ill equipped to investigate crime, does practically nothing to abate these melancholy.

GBAMMMMMMMM

Re: U.S. Posts New Nigeria Travel Warning: Kidnapping, Robbery, Bombs, Etc by adconline(m): 1:15am On Oct 20, 2010
the Southeastern states of Abia, Edo, Imo
So US consulate officers do not know the difference between southeast and south-south? Is Edo in SE or SS? No wonder they cared less when terrorist's dad told them of his son's suicidal mission.
Re: U.S. Posts New Nigeria Travel Warning: Kidnapping, Robbery, Bombs, Etc by koruji(m): 2:05am On Oct 20, 2010
Your reaction is as valid as any.

America reviews the security conditions of its citizens around the world.  They don't expect affected countries to like it, and it is up to them to react the way they want - it would be fed into the next review. They also do this for other countries, including Western ones - it is not malicious, though it sometimes sound exaggerated when it concerns Nigeria.

Only last month the U.S. issued alerts about terror activities in Europe with the arrest of German Alqaeda trainees.

Nigeria needs to take this in stride and be honest with our security situation. This review is an indicator of a deteriorating situation that no one can deny.

gididi:

America should sit down with this yeye alert. Two of my friends were shot driving along Peachtree rd in Atlanta last month . One Yoruba and Edo guy for nothing. Just stop for traffic light and bang!bang! and wake up in Grady hospital.
There is no day in atlanta , new jersy,washington or new york you wont hear somebody's death from gang or drug business.
Re: U.S. Posts New Nigeria Travel Warning: Kidnapping, Robbery, Bombs, Etc by TEXASGIRL(f): 2:13am On Oct 20, 2010
I just returned from 2 weeks in Owerri & PH and nothing happened to me. I walk along the streets (ok not on PH) and travel at night. I am blonde and white as can be and I have never had any trouble there except with the police wanting my money. However, I have no illusions and I know that it is not so safe there for me  & I will definitely not take my kids there at this time. Something to consider is that we also have travel advisory for much of the world right now even Europe. The government here is just highly cautious and thorough.
To those who are saying the US is so unsafe, come on know, are you high? Of course crime happens here and sometimes shocking things happen, but I don't ever lock my doors at night or rarely my car. My kids are safe to walk the road at night. I know that if I call 911 the police will be here in a matter of minutes, and they will actually help me. Can you say that?
Re: U.S. Posts New Nigeria Travel Warning: Kidnapping, Robbery, Bombs, Etc by kabukabu50(m): 2:15am On Oct 20, 2010
TEXASGIRL:

I just returned from 2 weeks in Owerri & PH and nothing happened to me. I walk along the streets (ok not on PH) and travel at night. I am blonde and white as can be and I have never had any trouble there except with the police wanting my money. However, I have no illusions and I know that it is not so safe there for me & I will definitely not take my kids there at this time. Something to consider is that we also have travel advisory for much of the world right now even Europe. The government here is just highly cautious and thorough.
To those who are saying the US is so unsafe, come on know, are you high? Of course crime happens here and sometimes shocking things happen, but I don't ever lock my doors at night or rarely my car. My kids are safe to walk the road at night. I know that if I call 911 the police will be here in a matter of minutes, and they will actually help me. Can you say that?

Re: U.S. Posts New Nigeria Travel Warning: Kidnapping, Robbery, Bombs, Etc by Busybody2(f): 2:29am On Oct 20, 2010
Anything to push their planned operation shock and awe agenda in Nigeria lipsrsealed cool cool
Re: U.S. Posts New Nigeria Travel Warning: Kidnapping, Robbery, Bombs, Etc by kabukabu50(m): 2:53am On Oct 20, 2010
Busy_body:

Anything to push their planned operation shock and awe agenda in Nigeria lipsrsealed cool cool

Punk,we already have shock and awe in Nigeria undecided undecided undecided undecided
butt head

Re: U.S. Posts New Nigeria Travel Warning: Kidnapping, Robbery, Bombs, Etc by latepa(m): 4:02am On Oct 20, 2010
after reading the long note, all i can ask is why are they fearing us? ;d
Re: U.S. Posts New Nigeria Travel Warning: Kidnapping, Robbery, Bombs, Etc by dayokanu(m): 4:30am On Oct 20, 2010
Omo_Tier1:

Funny how the US gives travel advice concerning other countries yet more of her citizens die violently within the boarders of the US of A ! I think this is a blessing in disguise for Nigeria as less and less American companies will be coming to Nigeria to steal/corrupt Nigeria government officials! shocked

Why can't they just say Osama bin Laden nee Obasanjo is hiding in Otta planning political terrorist attacks grin grin grin,  gues while that trave ladvice was being put up, many more American citizens were being shot in post office and shopping malls! At least I have never heard of a drive by killing in Nigeria!

Re: U.S. Posts New Nigeria Travel Warning: Kidnapping, Robbery, Bombs, Etc by TokeB: 7:26am On Oct 20, 2010
Well they did the same thing for US citizens traveling to Europe. It was on CNN, they were talking about how to carry passports without being noticed. They are just being careful.
Re: U.S. Posts New Nigeria Travel Warning: Kidnapping, Robbery, Bombs, Etc by JUO(m): 7:43am On Oct 20, 2010
let our government do something,
Re: U.S. Posts New Nigeria Travel Warning: Kidnapping, Robbery, Bombs, Etc by ajalio(f): 8:25am On Oct 20, 2010
Yeah, as like few days ago. US citizens should be very careful if they visit France and Germany, especially Berlin.

Avoid huge events!
Walk around with very opened eyes!
Avoid sights!

I guess they more and more suffer from paranoia.
Re: U.S. Posts New Nigeria Travel Warning: Kidnapping, Robbery, Bombs, Etc by AkoEja: 8:29am On Oct 20, 2010
  [size=24pt]They are talking of this match :

Babangida = 1, Obasanjo/Jonathan = 0

- only 5 minutes of the game played !

I pray the grass will just suffer in this fight, and not die !

[/size]
Re: U.S. Posts New Nigeria Travel Warning: Kidnapping, Robbery, Bombs, Etc by semid4lyfe(m): 10:22am On Oct 20, 2010
This is nothing new so I ain't pertubed at all.
Re: U.S. Posts New Nigeria Travel Warning: Kidnapping, Robbery, Bombs, Etc by reindeer: 11:35am On Oct 20, 2010
Nigerians just love to play the ostrich!
Face facts,NIgeria is not safe, no where is especially the southeast,south-south and some scattered parts of the north.
I don't see any probs with the alert, its just that of a responsible govt trying to forewarn her citizens unlike myts reponsibilit dear country.
You dont need to be an intelligence expert to issue such warning, just read through Nigerian dailies.Even Nigerians abroad take these warnings seriously, i know many people in the UK who refused to go home for the traditional xmas festivities last year cos they were afraid of kidnaps in the south east.
The nigerian govt needs to wake up to its responsibilities.
Re: U.S. Posts New Nigeria Travel Warning: Kidnapping, Robbery, Bombs, Etc by suprted(m): 11:48am On Oct 20, 2010
@Omo_Tier1

Nothing stops us from doing our own Travel Warning for Nigerians going abroad.
Re: U.S. Posts New Nigeria Travel Warning: Kidnapping, Robbery, Bombs, Etc by yemisolar(m): 11:56am On Oct 20, 2010
By the way, if you need 50-100,000 without collateral to grow your business or idea you call me on 08052141582, 07027964574 or mail me at pettral@yahoo.com.
Re: U.S. Posts New Nigeria Travel Warning: Kidnapping, Robbery, Bombs, Etc by chakula: 12:21pm On Oct 20, 2010
I would have like to illuminate who are they backborne of all this rubbish Kidnapping, Robbery, Bombs, Etc,were they not?
Re: U.S. Posts New Nigeria Travel Warning: Kidnapping, Robbery, Bombs, Etc by ud4u: 12:33pm On Oct 20, 2010
Quote from Princek12
the post should read "eastern Nigeria" travel warning, because all the states to which the U.S. Dept. State warns U.S. citizens not to travel are mostly the Ibo, south eastern states and the Niger Delta, save for Jos and Borno and Lagos armed robbers. But the kidnapping occurrences, so I hear, in the southeastern region has escalated to epidemic proportions. All those MEND dudes who are plying their kidnapping trade need to be shot to death. All those so called dudes who are engaging in thuggery and kidnapping under the pretext of fighting for freedom fighters need to be arrested, mutilated, and beheaded.

Likes of you are the problem of this country.
Re: U.S. Posts New Nigeria Travel Warning: Kidnapping, Robbery, Bombs, Etc by bleufaucon: 12:49pm On Oct 20, 2010
america is equally a nation where the government repress people with their anti-liberty policies.stupid country!!the evil nation did nothing to help the rwandans during the huti and tutsi war in '94.
Re: U.S. Posts New Nigeria Travel Warning: Kidnapping, Robbery, Bombs, Etc by asamuel: 2:00pm On Oct 20, 2010
Buy all your Books, DVDs, Electonics, Games, Toys at www.kalahari.com.ng

Visit today for ongoing promotion and free vouchers,
Re: U.S. Posts New Nigeria Travel Warning: Kidnapping, Robbery, Bombs, Etc by kabukabu50(m): 3:18pm On Oct 20, 2010
bleufaucon:

america is equally a nation where the government repress people with their anti-liberty policies.silly country!!the evil nation did nothing to help the rwandans during the huti and tutsi war in '94.
[/quote

Why should the Americans go to Rwanda and "save" black africans from slaughtering each other shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked
they have no vested interest there?Ask yourself why did'nt African countries go over there and involve themselves?Where was OAU??where was ECOWAS?where was the UN??

You really need to use that tiny brain to reason,or it might shrivel up into the size of a peanut grin

Re: U.S. Posts New Nigeria Travel Warning: Kidnapping, Robbery, Bombs, Etc by oge4real(f): 6:18pm On Oct 20, 2010
Abeg let them stay in their country jare.
Re: U.S. Posts New Nigeria Travel Warning: Kidnapping, Robbery, Bombs, Etc by Uchbebe46(m): 3:03am On Oct 21, 2010
[color=#000099][/color]
JUO:

let our government do something,
Re: U.S. Posts New Nigeria Travel Warning: Kidnapping, Robbery, Bombs, Etc by sley4life(m): 8:57am On Oct 21, 2010
tired of all this negative news about 9ja hovering arnd
Re: U.S. Posts New Nigeria Travel Warning: Kidnapping, Robbery, Bombs, Etc by jascon1(m): 8:12pm On Oct 21, 2010
chai! this country! my dear this thing is serious. we are all full of talks. we talk and no actions. omase o!
Re: U.S. Posts New Nigeria Travel Warning: Kidnapping, Robbery, Bombs, Etc by blackcypha(m): 11:43pm On Oct 21, 2010
[color=#770077]Quote from: Omo_Tier1 on October 19, 2010, 10:26 PM
Funny how the US gives travel advice concerning other countries yet more of her citizens die violently within the boarders of the US of A ! I think this is a blessing in disguise for Nigeria as less and less American companies will be coming to Nigeria to steal/corrupt Nigeria government officials! Shocked

Why can't they just say Osama bin Laden nee Obasanjo is hiding in Otta planning political terrorist attacks Grin Grin Grin, gues while that trave ladvice was being put up, many more American citizens were being shot in post office and shopping malls! At least I have never heard of a drive by killing in Nigeria!
[/color]

[color=#990000][/color]
COMMENTS LIKE THIS FROM NIGERIANS PISS ME OFF, For real we dont need hypocrites like you who are BLIND TO SEE THE FACTS ABOUT THE UGLY STATE OF INSECURITY IN NAIJA, If you have been a VICTIM OF KIDNAPPING LIKE ME, you will NEVER OPEN YOUR BIG MOUTH TALKING Poo about the US security,comparing it to nigeria, Instead of YOUTHS like you to contribute smartly to the topic ur talking rubbish about the US.
People who talk shit like you go get Visa to US and run away for good!Morality and civility in good governance in naija is still lagging far behind US punk.
NONSENSE.
Re: U.S. Posts New Nigeria Travel Warning: Kidnapping, Robbery, Bombs, Etc by blackcypha(m): 11:47pm On Oct 21, 2010
[color=#006600]Quote from: Omo_Tier1 on October 19, 2010, 10:26 PM
Funny how the US gives travel advice concerning other countries yet more of her citizens die violently within the boarders of the US of A ! I think this is a blessing in disguise for Nigeria as less and less American companies will be coming to Nigeria to steal/corrupt Nigeria government officials! Shocked

Why can't they just say Osama bin Laden nee Obasanjo is hiding in Otta planning political terrorist attacks Grin Grin Grin,  gues while that trave ladvice was being put up, many more American citizens were being shot in post office and shopping malls! At least I have never heard of a drive by killing in Nigeria!

[/color]

[color=#006600]COMMENTS LIKE THIS FROM NIGERIANS PISS ME OFF, For real we dont need hypocrites like you who are BLIND TO SEE THE FACTS ABOUT THE UGLY STATE OF INSECURITY IN NAIJA, If you have been a VICTIM OF KIDNAPPING LIKE ME, you will NEVER OPEN YOUR BIG MOUTH TALKING Poo  about the US security,comparing it to nigeria, Instead of YOUTHS like you to contribute smartly to the topic your talking rubbish about the US.
People who talk poo  like you go get Visa to US and run away for good!Morality and civility in good governance in naija is still lagging far behind US punk.

NONSENSE.[/color]

(1) (2) (Reply)

Bribes, Beatings And Gridlock At Ports Choke Nigeria Economy / Container Truck Falls At Otedola Bridge (photos) / South Africa Or Stay Back In Nigeria, Which Is Better

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.