Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,191 members, 7,825,735 topics. Date: Sunday, 12 May 2024 at 09:48 PM

Bridge Collapses In Akwa Ibom State - Travel (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Bridge Collapses In Akwa Ibom State (32259 Views)

Bridge Collapses On Enugu - Port Harcourt Express Road / Ikorodu Pedestrian Bridge Collapses (Pictures) / Bridge Collapses In Kwara After Heavy Rainfall, Four Feared Dead (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Bridge Collapses In Akwa Ibom State by Mac2016(m): 8:10pm On Aug 10, 2019
See vegetation encroachment.. That must looks like a forgotten road
Re: Bridge Collapses In Akwa Ibom State by mechanics(m): 8:28pm On Aug 10, 2019
hmmmm, the villagers didn't do well, they shouldn't have taken what is not theirs.
Re: Bridge Collapses In Akwa Ibom State by radiolover(m): 8:34pm On Aug 10, 2019
[quote author=Daniel304 post=81132079][/quote] Lol. But at least the first BRIDGE in the paragraph was correctly spelt. You should have built on that one.
Re: Bridge Collapses In Akwa Ibom State by Nobody: 8:45pm On Aug 10, 2019
Only bridge has collapsed, even the whole country will collapse soon. Sit down there dey gossip about celebs and bbn.
Re: Bridge Collapses In Akwa Ibom State by WeRblessed(f): 8:47pm On Aug 10, 2019
My brother this thing just weak me. Most Nigerian drivers are bunch of illiterates and lack common sense. They don't understand the common law of gravity. How could a long truckload, filled with cement, plus the drive and passenger, think they can climb and cross over a frail bridge that was constructed to cross with legs and bicycle? I am just dumbfounded with their level of stupidity.
Re: Bridge Collapses In Akwa Ibom State by radiolover(m): 8:50pm On Aug 10, 2019
Mutemenot:
The same way a trailer driver destroyed a similar bridge linking anambra villa n imo state some years back... the bridges are meant for light vehicles not lorries ..

But why build a bridge only for light vehicles instead of a full fledged bridge that can carry whatever type of vehicles? We need to get our thoughts right in this country.
Re: Bridge Collapses In Akwa Ibom State by mormoney85(m): 9:09pm On Aug 10, 2019
sonnie10:
18 wheeler on a foot bridge, what were you expecting
u r wrong is 22 not 18 that means more weight and d bridge wasn't built for that
Re: Bridge Collapses In Akwa Ibom State by Abagworo(m): 9:25pm On Aug 10, 2019
psucc:
Oga so4u, abeg wake up day don break. No be Imo state you dey oooo.

The bridge in question was built in the 50s and 60s. It is one of the few left in modern Nigeria.

Please if anyone knows a community with such bridge post the image in Facebook and tag Engr Etido Inyang.

His sarcasm is clear as day. If this was Imo State you would have accused Okorocha leaving Imo State with this sort of bridge after 8 years and condemn him. That's the much your brain and that of others have been manipulated.
Re: Bridge Collapses In Akwa Ibom State by Shalommy(f): 10:26pm On Aug 10, 2019
Chaii... Guys for the area don hammer.
Re: Bridge Collapses In Akwa Ibom State by rudradigitals: 10:28pm On Aug 10, 2019
We are the key technical support provider in computer and its peripherals which often renders non-stop support to its shoppers as well as corporations world-wide. Were mainly focused on generating technology less difficult for that entire world by providing Quickbooks Support problems for pcs as well as peripherals.

https://www.zeniusgroup.com/quickbooks-support/
Re: Bridge Collapses In Akwa Ibom State by Lionofdjungle: 10:29pm On Aug 10, 2019
Commentor:
See what Rochas has done...oh wait.
What concerns Rochas with Akwa Ibom? Your comment has revealed your ignorance. embarassed
Re: Bridge Collapses In Akwa Ibom State by Commentor: 10:39pm On Aug 10, 2019
Lionofdjungle:

What concerns Rochas with Akwa Ibom? Your comment has revealed your ignorance. embarassed

If only you had the intelligence to think without being spoon fed.
Re: Bridge Collapses In Akwa Ibom State by psucc(m): 10:52pm On Aug 10, 2019
Abagworo:

His sarcasm is clear as day. If this was Imo State you would have accused Okorocha leaving Imo State with this sort of bridge after 8 years and condemn him. That's the much your brain and that of others have been manipulated.
You are merely interpreting for him. But note that every word you. say can be seen or interpreted differently.

So next time he 'sarcast' please tell him to add the 'sm' so our brain can carry.
Re: Bridge Collapses In Akwa Ibom State by Harrynight(m): 10:55pm On Aug 10, 2019
DameB:
So Akpabio or the succeeding governor couldn't construct a new bridge there? That bridge was just an accident waiting to happen

That's Akpabio local government and he was gov for 8yrs and 4yrs as senator while that calamity was there

1 Like

Re: Bridge Collapses In Akwa Ibom State by psucc(m): 10:57pm On Aug 10, 2019
Meteng:
What will Engr Etido Inyang do?
I saw a post yesterday on FB where he thank the people that posted pics of the collapse bridge in one of the Nsits LGA on FB and had to visit the scene and work have to start there immediately.

He even begged people to make use of the online platform to call govt. attention.

Abeg no be me cause am o

1 Like

Re: Bridge Collapses In Akwa Ibom State by 9jaRealist: 1:28am On Aug 11, 2019
realestniggah:
Just shows human being are bunch of opportunist

[b]See those people stealing those bags of cement like it their birth right.. [/b]This same set of people will also complain about the the government stealing from the citizens.. But will also steal if they find them self in government.

Is their hope for Nigeria? Serious honest questions

Are you sure they are stealing it? Or just evacuating the truck...
>
Re: Bridge Collapses In Akwa Ibom State by 9jaRealist: 1:29am On Aug 11, 2019
Not sure who's the DUMBER party here...
The state government or the driver of an 18-wheeler loaded with cement trying to drive over that contraption. SMH
>
Re: Bridge Collapses In Akwa Ibom State by lequatee(m): 5:47am On Aug 11, 2019
Sylraph1:
grin grin
Blessing in disguise
See as nigas de carry the cement as if na thier National cake grin
Any Guy man wey de fast,sharp and smart fit from here,open a cement Shop ooo grin
I wish i de there
profiting from the misery of others?
Re: Bridge Collapses In Akwa Ibom State by SMBH: 6:33am On Aug 11, 2019
realestniggah:
Just shows human being are bunch of opportunist

See those people stealing those bags of cement like it their birth right.. This same set of people will also complain about the the government stealing from the citizens.. But will also steal if they find them self in government.

Is their hope for Nigeria? Serious honest questions

The main problem of Nigeria is not the government... Its the citizen... When the citizens are corrupt, they elect corrupt leaders...

Some Nigerians are just senseless

1 Like

Re: Bridge Collapses In Akwa Ibom State by Pasima(m): 7:46am On Aug 11, 2019
My brother tell him ok some people don't have brain at all.
RoyalBlu:

Dangote's got nothing to do with this. That's not even his truck.

I'm sure you know who's to blame now wink
Re: Bridge Collapses In Akwa Ibom State by fashrola(m): 7:58am On Aug 11, 2019
DameB:
So Akpabio or the succeeding governor couldn't construct a new bridge there? That bridge was just an accident waiting to happen

There's a new bridge.... This one has been abandoned after the new bridge was constructed, I don't know wetin carry that truck waka this bridge sha

1 Like

Re: Bridge Collapses In Akwa Ibom State by Bahddo(m): 8:50am On Aug 11, 2019
Many Nigerians no dey use sense do something. They don't spare a thought for consequences as long as it seems they can fo what they want.

That bridge doesn't even look like it's meant for cars, much less trucks. So not only has the driver ruined the bridge for everyone, he has lost his truck (maybe temporarily). Mumu.
Re: Bridge Collapses In Akwa Ibom State by UDOKABESTLUV(m): 9:55am On Aug 11, 2019
RoyalBlu:

Dangote's got nothing to do with this. That's not even his truck.

I'm sure you know who's to blame now wink
What is your point now
Re: Bridge Collapses In Akwa Ibom State by maxzzo1(m): 10:49am On Aug 11, 2019
Dangote don scatter d bridge though dat bridge was built b4 the civil war...
Re: Bridge Collapses In Akwa Ibom State by mojounited(m): 1:20pm On Aug 11, 2019
fashrola:

There's a new bridge.... This one has been abandoned after the new bridge was constructed, I don't know wetin carry that truck waka this bridge sha

I used that new bridge the last time I visited AKS (Owerri to Uyo). The new bridge was constructed by an indegenous contractor. My surprise is why the driver decided to use the old bridge driving a fully loaded 16 wheeler. Was that path a short cut, perhaps?
Re: Bridge Collapses In Akwa Ibom State by fashrola(m): 4:25pm On Aug 11, 2019
mojounited:

I used that new bridge the last time I visited AKS (Owerri to Uyo). The new bridge was constructed by an indegenous contractor. My surprise is why the driver decided to use the old bridge driving a fully loaded 16 wheeler. Was that path a short cut, perhaps?

Na only God Sabi wetin carry am enter that bridge sha

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Nigerians In Belize And Bahamas: / 2 Reportedly Killed As Nigerian Mass Transit Train Divide On Motion - Photos / Kenyan Motorcyclist Carries 4 Passengers At Once (Photo, Video)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.