Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,417 members, 7,819,507 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 05:20 PM

3 Reasons Why Should Learn Python As A Programmer - Programming - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Programming / 3 Reasons Why Should Learn Python As A Programmer (1024 Views)

Is 5 Months Enough To Learn Python? As A Novice / Reasons To Choose Python As Your Next Web Project / Here Is Why You Should First Learn Python As A Beginner In Programming (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

3 Reasons Why Should Learn Python As A Programmer by Venzee(m): 8:43pm On Aug 10, 2019
If you are thinking to learn Python but not sure why you should do that then here are 10 reasons which highlight the benefits of learning Python in 2018.

Though, the questions depend upon who is asking that i.e. for a beginner, learning Python makes sense because its simple and main reason for learning Python is simplicity.

Similarly, for an experienced programmer who is looking to go into Data Science and Machine learning, learning Python makes sense because it’s quickly becoming the most used programming language and there are powerful APIs and library available for AI, Data Science, and Machine learning.

Anyway, without any further ado, here are my 10 reasons to learn Python in 2018:

1. Data Science
This is the single, biggest reason why many programmers are learning Python in 2018. I know many of my friends who are bored with their Java programming jobs in Investment banks are learning Python on Udemy to make a career in Data Science due to exciting work and high pay.

But, what makes Python a preferred language for Data Science and Machine Learning? Didn’t R was considered best for that not too long ago? Well, I think the libraries and framework Python offers e.g. PyBrain, NumPy and PyMySQL on AI, DataScience, and Machine learning are one of that reason.

Another reason is diversity, Python experience allows you to do a lot more than R e.g. you can create scripts to automate stuff, go into web development and so much more.

If you are interested in becoming a Data Scientist in 2018 and looking for pointers, I suggest you check outData Science, Deep Learning, & Machine Learning with Pythoncourse on Udemy. I have purchased this course and it’s one of the awesome resources. You can get it in less than $10 sometimes.

2. Machine Learning
This is another reason of why programmers are learning Python in 2018. The growth of machine learning is phenomenal in last a couple of years and it’s rapidly changing everything around us.

Algorithms become sophisticated day by day, the best example is Google’s Search Algorithms, which can now answer what you are expecting. There are Chatbots around to answer your queries and Uber is totally driven by Algorithms.

If you are interested in machine learning, want to do a pet project or just want to play around, Python is the only major programming language which makes it easy.

Though there are machine learning libraries available in Java, you will find more content around Python as developer community is preferring Python over anything else on Data Science and Machine learning.

If you are interested in doing web development with Python, I suggest you to further check Machine Learning A-Z™: Hands-On Python & R In Data Sciencecourse on Udemy

3. Web Development
The good old development is another reason for learning Python. It offers so many good libraries and frameworks e.g. Django and Flask which makes web development really easy.

The task which takes hours in PHP can be completed in minutes on Python. Python is also used a lot for web scrapping. Some of the popular websites on the Internet like Reddit is built using Python.

If you are interested in web development using Python I suggest you to join thePython and Django Full Stack Web Developer Bootcamp course by JoshPortilla.

In fact, there is a free Python course on Udemy which will teach you that while teaching Python.

start learning today by using the link below.
https://idreamng.com/category/software-programming/

Download the PDF file for free.

https://idreamng.com/software-programming/311-2/23/

(1) (Reply)

What The Best C++ Program To Download ? / Help! I Needs Help / Who Can Build This Website For Me

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.