Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,368 members, 7,836,480 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 08:37 AM

I Am Yet To Be Successful- Wizkid - Celebrities - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / I Am Yet To Be Successful- Wizkid (268 Views)

I Am Yet To Be Successful- Wizkid (PHOTOS) / "God I Really Want To Be Successful" Timaya Says As He Show Off His Sitting Room / “You Will Be Successful If You Believe, Work Hard & Focus” – Chika Ike (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

I Am Yet To Be Successful- Wizkid by Fehintola271: 2:07am On Aug 11, 2019
Award-winning afrobeat singer Ayodeji Balogun, better known as Wizkid, has said he is yet to accomplish anything, as he still wants more.

Wizkid made this known during an interview with Vanguard, where he described success as the number of lives one has touched in their career.

He said: “Success is making sure that every African child out there has an opportunity to actually get ahead in life. Success, for me, is touching people’s lives.”

I am Yet To Be Successful- Wizkid

“There are a whole lot of things happening around the world. There’s poverty around the world. I will definitely like to do more. I don’t think I am successful yet, to be frank.”

Asked about the first big money he made as an artiste, he said: “ the first money I ever collected was N250,000; I was so excited, I told my partner at that time; ‘Bro, we started this music hustle with nothing, now we are able to make N250,000.”

“If we are able to really make this kind of money, I think we can touch a million US Dollars.”

Speaking on his assessment of the music industry, he said “ I never really thought we would make the hits we are making right now. Things have changed immensely in the last couple of years.”

I am Yet To Be Successful- Wizkid

The superstar stated that the biggest challenges he faces in the music industry is piracy, adding that much money is not made when their works are being pirated.

He further said “It’s not easy running a record label in this country without government funding and support. It is also okay for more corporate brands to step in and support the artistes.”

https://www.9jastarmedia.com/2019/08/i-am-yet-to-be-successful-wizkid.html[b][/b]

Re: I Am Yet To Be Successful- Wizkid by MrBrownJay1(m): 2:31am On Aug 11, 2019
At least he is honest with himself.... and still driven to do better.

1 Like

Re: I Am Yet To Be Successful- Wizkid by Nobody: 3:49am On Aug 11, 2019
Oloshi...

Forming intended philanthropist while Davido is touching lives with unquantifiable kind gestures.

Wizkid is just a stingy man.

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Bbnaija: Video Of Mercy And Ike Making Out / Nollywood Actress Shan George Undergoes Successful Spine Surgery / I Have The Biggest Record Label In Africa’ – Davido

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.