Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,048 members, 7,818,152 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 08:58 AM

Benue Catholic Priest Passing Through Floods While Going For Mass - Religion (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Benue Catholic Priest Passing Through Floods While Going For Mass (49038 Views)

I Stepped On A Fetish Thing While Going To 5am Mosque (PICTURE) / Altar Boy Dies After Building Fell On Him While Going Home From Church. Photo / Obinna Dike: Catholic Priest And Football Coach (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Benue Catholic Priest Passing Through Floods While Going For Mass by chical: 3:43pm On Aug 11, 2019
CAPSLOCKED:
REMEMBER TO SHOW US YOUR ACCOUNT BALANCE AND SCENES OF THE GOOD LIFE YOU'RE LIVING AFTER SERVING THE CONGREGATION LIKE THAT.... BUT CARTS AWAY WITH ALL THEIR CASH IN THE END! smiley
Even if he were to steal from the congregation, how much do you think he will get from people of this standard

1 Like

Re: Benue Catholic Priest Passing Through Floods While Going For Mass by KenModi(m): 4:19pm On Aug 11, 2019
mmsen:

They have committed more crimes than any other organization on the planet.

Everything from theft, to rape, murder, money laundering, embezzlement, slavery, child abuse and murder.

Not to speak of breaking their own edicts.

When I read about the Catholic church’s indirect contribution to slavery in Brazil, I was shook! shocked

1 Like

Re: Benue Catholic Priest Passing Through Floods While Going For Mass by Africlegend: 5:03pm On Aug 11, 2019
mmsen:

Those same missionaries that you chose to highlight also committed egregious crimes in many of the places that they went to.

It was they who looted from the native peoples in the Americas. It was they who tricked the native peoples in many parts of the world to lay down their arms so that European armed thieves could follow and kill people who had put their weapons down because of the lies from so-called clergymen.

It was also those same missionaries who abused children.
That is the nature of Christ's church. It is a place where 'weeds grow alongside wheat', and to add to it, The Master ordered that the weeds be allowed to grow, too, enjoying the application of fertilizers and timely rain, until the day of harvest. That is the church for you! The idea doesn't look so good to me, either. But The Master is all-wise. All-wise!

2 Likes

Re: Benue Catholic Priest Passing Through Floods While Going For Mass by expert234: 5:08pm On Aug 11, 2019
alBHAGDADI:

What makes you think I'm a Pentecostal and have a daddy G.O?
Maybe you should reveal your sect so that I can reveal to you your hypocrisy, lest you go about judging cases on which you have no moral justification.
Re: Benue Catholic Priest Passing Through Floods While Going For Mass by Nobody: 5:34pm On Aug 11, 2019
zoba88:
A Catholic priest was pictured going to celebrate a mass and preach the gospel.He had to take off his shoes and walk through a waterlogged road.I am not certain where it happened but the person who shared the news is in a parish in Benue

Source: http://www.trezzyhelm.com/2019/08/see-what-catholic-priest-had-to-pass.html
if not the Catholics Africa will be a stone age continent today!

2 Likes

Re: Benue Catholic Priest Passing Through Floods While Going For Mass by Andy2274: 6:01pm On Aug 11, 2019
mmsen:

They have committed more crimes than any other organization on the planet.

Everything from theft, to rape, murder, money laundering, embezzlement, slavery, child abuse and murder.

Not to speak of breaking their own edicts.
. And you and your religion or church is innocent of all these things abi?
Re: Benue Catholic Priest Passing Through Floods While Going For Mass by Acidosis(m): 6:06pm On Aug 11, 2019
ngadaAwo:
Catholic the only true church of our lord Jesus Christ

This one doesn't know that you (as an individual) are a body and a church of Christ.

The emotional dogma and self inflicted hype about Catholic being the only true church is satanic. How can "Catholic" be the only true church of Jesus Christ when Jesus Himself never identified with Catholic or any denomination?

Lol the way you people hype una sef ehn..

2 Likes

Re: Benue Catholic Priest Passing Through Floods While Going For Mass by Acidosis(m): 6:27pm On Aug 11, 2019
Arysexy:
After he is done planting a local church in the rural area, Christ Embassy and co will want to poach on the converts, reaping where they did not sow.

Only Catholic and Anglican have this missionary zeal. Others are on exploitation

Ignorant talk. The entire Reverend fathers in Nigeria are still less than 1/10th of RCCG's junior pastors. RCCG has a better spread and coverage so nobody is "poaching".

Go and win new souls and stop relying on past "glory". The death of Jesus Christ is still very significant today so if His blood is not working for you, blame yourself. And btw, Jesus Christ died for everyone individually

1 Like

Re: Benue Catholic Priest Passing Through Floods While Going For Mass by GumGum: 7:52pm On Aug 11, 2019
KenModi:

When I read about the Catholic church’s indirect contribution to slavery in Brazil, I was shook! shocked
You should also check their contribution in ending the slave trade. The emancipation of American slaves was accelerated by the support of the Catholic Church and Quakers. Do not dwell only on the negatives which augment your stand, instead, find out about everything on a subject and be enlightened.
Re: Benue Catholic Priest Passing Through Floods While Going For Mass by kristmalachy(m): 7:53pm On Aug 11, 2019
Acidosis:

Ignorant talk. The entire Reverend fathers in Nigeria are still less than 1/10th of RCCG's junior pastors. RCCG has a better spread and coverage so nobody is "poaching".

Go and win new souls and stop relying on past "glory". The death of Jesus Christ is still very significant today so if His blood is not working for you, blame yourself. And btw, Jesus Christ died for everyone individually
what are u saying self...u are very wrong
Re: Benue Catholic Priest Passing Through Floods While Going For Mass by mmsen: 7:56pm On Aug 11, 2019
Andy2274:
. And you and your religion or church is innocent of all these things abi?

What religion or church? And why is that your defence against a litany of evil deeds?
Re: Benue Catholic Priest Passing Through Floods While Going For Mass by GumGum: 7:56pm On Aug 11, 2019
Acidosis:

This one doesn't know that you (as an individual) are a body and a church of Christ.

The emotional dogma and self inflicted hype about Catholic being the only true church is satanic. How can "Catholic" be the only true church of Jesus Christ when Jesus Himself never identified with Catholic or any denomination?

Lol the way you people hype una sef ehn..

The early Apostles were the first church. They ensured that Christ was preached to all the ends of the earth. The Catholic Church dates back to the time of the Apostles.
Re: Benue Catholic Priest Passing Through Floods While Going For Mass by GumGum: 7:59pm On Aug 11, 2019
Acidosis:

Lol! Be sure of things before you proclaim them. Ignorance is bliss but learning is a greater joy. That every John who wears a tie and can shout is declared a pastor means nothing. Even with the way the RCCG plants mushroom parishes everywhere, they still can't get the numbers the Catholic Church has.

1 Like

Re: Benue Catholic Priest Passing Through Floods While Going For Mass by mmsen: 8:01pm On Aug 11, 2019
GumGum:

You should also check their contribution in ending the slave trade. The emancipation of American slaves was accelerated by the support of the Catholic Church and Quakers. Do not dwell only on the negatives which augment your stand, instead, find out about everything on a subject and be enlightened.

Oga, stop that nonsense.

If I steal from you for ten years but stop on the eleventh have I done something good?

They perpetuated that evil for hundreds of years, profited from it and when the tide turned they went with the tide.

But did they return their profits? No.

Did they use the profits they made from slavery to improve the life chances of the newly emancipated and their descendants? No.
Re: Benue Catholic Priest Passing Through Floods While Going For Mass by GumGum: 8:05pm On Aug 11, 2019
mmsen:

What religion or church? And why is that your defence against a litany of evil deeds?

Evil deeds. Yes, the Catholic Church has had it's own share of misdemeanours but their good outweighs the wrongs. Also, apologies have been tendered on many occasions for such misdeeds.
That Christianity is still a religion today is because the Catholic Church resisted the Islamic Jihadist armies. That Africa has been freed from twin killings, open human sacrifice and, in some places, cannibalism is due to the message of the early Church in Africa. The biggest charity that is in almost all war zones to help and treat is Charitas.
Re: Benue Catholic Priest Passing Through Floods While Going For Mass by GumGum: 8:10pm On Aug 11, 2019
mmsen:

Oga, stop that nonsense.

If I steal from you for ten years but stop on the eleventh have I done something good?

They perpetuated that evil for hundreds of years, profited from it and when the tide turned they went with the tide.

But did they return their profits? No.

Did they use the profits they made from slavery to improve the life chances of the newly emancipated and their descendants? No.
How exactly did they profit from it? You should understand that the clergymen who underwent those voyages with conquistadors were there to propagate the gospel. And we must not be in denial that the world was not as reasonable as it is now. Slavery was viewed by Europeans as normal and carried on with it without any prick of conscience. However, as time went by, the horrors of enslaving fellow human beings were understood and the clamour for it's abolition was loudest from the Church. When one repents with a contrite heart and moves to correct ills, then such a person is indeed redeemed.
Re: Benue Catholic Priest Passing Through Floods While Going For Mass by Acidosis(m): 8:14pm On Aug 11, 2019
GumGum:

Lol! Be sure of things before you proclaim them. Ignorance is bliss but learning is a greater joy. That every John who wears a tie and can shout is declared a pastor means nothing. Even with the way the RCCG plants mushroom parishes everywhere, they still can't get the numbers the Catholic Church has.

I understand your pain. Many Catholics now attend and identify with Pentecostal Churches.

As per number talks, I don't care. Personally and as a principle, I attend "Mushroom" Churches. Jesus had a mushroom Church comprising only 12 loyal and true followers, so it is stup!d to rate any Church by number. You're not bigger than Jesus.
Re: Benue Catholic Priest Passing Through Floods While Going For Mass by mmsen: 8:18pm On Aug 11, 2019
GumGum:

How exactly did they profit from it? You should understand that the clergymen who underwent those voyages with conquistadors were there to propagate the gospel. And we must not be in denial that the world was not as reasonable as it is now. Slavery was viewed by Europeans as normal and carried on with it without any prick of conscience. However, as time went by, the horrors of enslaving fellow human beings were understood and the clamour for it's abolition was loudest from the Church. When one repents with a contrite heart and moves to correct ills, then such a person is indeed redeemed.

It doesn't matter if it was viewed as normal, the Church had the power to pass edicts that were followed or the miscreants were excommunicated which left them vulnerable to attack. The Church claims moral authority as received from their all knowing, all powerful deity so please explain how I who is not a deity is aware of how wrong slavery is when their god did not know until the the 19th century?

And the church profited from the direct sale of slaves. They received stolen gold as 'donations'.

And the church had no problem with non-xtians being slaughtered, similar to the nonsense that Muslims do - agree to convert and we will allow you to live.
Re: Benue Catholic Priest Passing Through Floods While Going For Mass by Acidosis(m): 8:19pm On Aug 11, 2019
GumGum:

The early Apostles were the first church. They ensured that Christ was preached to all the ends of the earth. The Catholic Church dates back to the time of the Apostles.

I have been reading my Bible for over 25 years, and I've neither seen any mention of the word Catholics, nor seen any Apostle pray in the name or associate with Mary Magdalene. I guess we read different Bible and serve different Jesus.

1 Like

Re: Benue Catholic Priest Passing Through Floods While Going For Mass by GumGum: 8:31pm On Aug 11, 2019
Acidosis:

I understand your pain. Many Catholics now attend and identify with Pentecostal Churches.

As per number talks, I don't care. Personally and as a principle, I attend "Mushroom" Churches. Jesus had a mushroom Church comprising only 12 loyal and true followers, so it is stup!d to rate any Church by number. You're not bigger than Jesus.

Isn't it funny that you who started with numbers, now believe it isn't by number. Why then did you write above that RCCG pastors far outnumber Catholic priests. Anyone is free to attend any Church. So, any former Catholic who now attends your church isn't a criminal. As far as the love of Christ is preached and salvation is highlighted, then to God be the glory.

1 Like

Re: Benue Catholic Priest Passing Through Floods While Going For Mass by PierreAbutu(m): 8:32pm On Aug 11, 2019
ngadaAwo:
Catholic the only true church of our lord Jesus Christ

Yet their priests always molest little boys
Re: Benue Catholic Priest Passing Through Floods While Going For Mass by GumGum: 8:40pm On Aug 11, 2019
mmsen:

It doesn't matter if it was viewed as normal, the Church had the power to pass edicts that were followed or the miscreants were excommunicated which left them vulnerable to attack. The Church claims moral authority as received from their all knowing, all powerful deity so please explain how I who is not a deity is aware of how wrong slavery is when their god did not know until the the 19th century?

And the church profited from the direct sale of slaves. They received stolen gold as 'donations'.

And the church had no problem with non-xtians being slaughtered, similar to the nonsense that Muslims do - agree to convert and we will allow you to live.
If you lived in those times, you would applaud the killing of twins. That you know better today is because you were born in these times. Let's not argue on that. Think about it calmly and you will know what I say is true. Now to the issue of repayment. You clearly mentioned that donations were given to the Church. Let us assume that most of them were monetary and in gold coins. These donations would have come from monarchs who invaded new territories and carried off their wealth. Those donations would have been put to use in charity, evangelism and research which all still happen till date. Many Black slaves were transported to safer territories before the American Civil war by Catholic help. Missionary schools which illuminated our minds were all over the world and quality education was never shortchanged. I could go on but you have to understand, even if you aren't a Christian or are an atheist, that the church has brought more good to this world.
Re: Benue Catholic Priest Passing Through Floods While Going For Mass by ngadaAwo: 8:40pm On Aug 11, 2019
[s]
PierreAbutu:

[/s]
Re: Benue Catholic Priest Passing Through Floods While Going For Mass by GumGum: 8:45pm On Aug 11, 2019
Acidosis:

I have been reading my Bible for over 25 years, and I've neither seen any mention of the word Catholics, nor seen any Apostle pray in the name of associate with Mary. I guess we read different Bible and serve different Jesus.

Jesus Christ is who makes us Christians. I will not dwell on the honour of Mary but she isn't worshipped by Catholics and isn't on the same level with God. The word Catholic means universal. You should know that as times pass, a certain word will be used to describe anything. Prior to the Reformation, there was only one Christian Church and it was the universal church with some eastern orthodox churches. The Bible is a masterpiece and all the answers you seek can be found in it.
Re: Benue Catholic Priest Passing Through Floods While Going For Mass by GumGum: 8:48pm On Aug 11, 2019
PierreAbutu:

That there are bad priests is without doubt. And when most are caught, they are adequately punished. Such things are found almost in every institution and religion. It is how such incidents are treated, whether covered up or punishment served, that determines the sincerity of purpose of any such institution.
Re: Benue Catholic Priest Passing Through Floods While Going For Mass by Acidosis(m): 8:54pm On Aug 11, 2019
GumGum:

Isn't it funny that you who started with numbers, now believe it isn't by number. Why then did you write above that RCCG pastors far outnumber Catholic priests. Anyone is free to attend any Church. So, any former Catholic who now attends your church isn't a criminal. As far as the love of Christ is preached and salvation is highlighted, then to God be the glory.

I was only responding to your false assumption that only Catholic priests plant Churches in remote areas. Moreover, my response so far has focused on Nigeria, so if you want to dwell on Nigeria, Churches like RCCG have more and better presence in remote areas more than any Organisation in Nigeria. And by the way, I'm not a member of RCCG. I rarely even mention the name of my Church because that's not my focus. I have more important spiritual matters to deal with than exalting my Church over others.

1 Like

Re: Benue Catholic Priest Passing Through Floods While Going For Mass by GumGum: 9:06pm On Aug 11, 2019
Acidosis:

I was only responding to your false assumption that only Catholic priests plant Churches in remote areas. Moreover, my response so far has focused on Nigeria, so if you want to dwell on Nigeria, Churches like RCCG have more and better presence in remote areas more than any Organisation in Nigeria. And by the way, I'm not a member of RCCG. I rarely even mention the name of my Church because that's not my focus. I have more important spiritual matters to deal with than exalting my Church over others.

First of all, I never said such a thing. Yet, I agree with the one who posted it. That you see RCCG branches everywhere in towns doesn't mean that they have that reach which is required in evangelism. There is no part of Nigeria where you won't find a Catholic parish. I repeat, no part. It is a necessity for the Word of God to reach all the nooks and crannies of this country and the Catholic Church never hesitates to move into areas never before approached. The parishes are never closed and will keep staying as long as a priest will be available there. The parish growth isn't measured by how much they can generate but by how many souls have become Christians and accepted the Way, the Truth and the Life.

1 Like

Re: Benue Catholic Priest Passing Through Floods While Going For Mass by ifyboy60(m): 9:46pm On Aug 11, 2019
mmsen:

Did the Muslims stop xtians from practicing their religion in Iberia?

Did the Muslims force Jews from Iberia or was that the Catholics who came afterwards?

U have been taught that Islam is perfect, and over the years u've taken that to heart. My online arguments wouldn't change ur mind. (I.e if u are Muslim)

I gave u facts about Islamic conquests of xtian lands, since u couldn't disprove it u resorted to Iberia.

firstly, why did the moors leave the Maghreb and waged war against the Iberian, or is war an Islamic way of life.

Iberians were proud xtians, until the Muslims conquered them, nobody loves to play second fiddle in their own land, ask the Vietnamese y they kicked Americans out, ask the Afghans why they kicked the British, Russians and now Americans.

For u it is okay to leave with the conquering Muslims simply coz they didn't force them to convert, what of the heavy tax imposed on non-Muslims which makes it uneconomical to be non -Muslim. what of their own culture which is being erased.

In case ur tutors are untruthful, the crusades were fought to take back lands stolen and converted by the ottomans. most were never retaken as majority of the populace have already been converted to Islam. eg, Istanbul, Egypt, Algeria.

u keep mentioning Iberia? why did the Muslims attack them in the first place.
Re: Benue Catholic Priest Passing Through Floods While Going For Mass by ifyboy60(m): 9:51pm On Aug 11, 2019
mmsen:

u lie again.

the Catholic Church ended slavery in the Roman Empire.

the Catholic Church ended the gladiatorial fights in the arena in the Roman Empire.

during the sale of African slaves, the Catholic Church NEVER participated, ever wondered why their are no African Italian dating back to 100 yrs.

Slavery was heavily carried out by protestants and Arab Muslims. It's a Fact.

Your hatred for the Catholic Church is evident in ur posts.
Re: Benue Catholic Priest Passing Through Floods While Going For Mass by mmsen: 9:56pm On Aug 11, 2019
ifyboy60:

U have been taught that Islam is perfect, and over the years u've taken that to heart. My online arguments wouldn't change ur mind. (I.e if u are Muslim)

I gave u facts about Islamic conquests of xtian lands, since u couldn't disprove it u resorted to Iberia.

firstly, why did the moors leave the Maghreb and waged war against the Iberian, or is war an Islamic way of life.

Iberians were proud xtians, until the Muslims conquered them, nobody loves to play second fiddle in their own land, ask the Vietnamese y they kicked Americans out, ask the Afghans why they kicked the British, Russians and now Americans.

For u it is okay to leave with the conquering Muslims simply coz they didn't force them to convert, what of the heavy tax imposed on non-Muslims which makes it uneconomical to be non -Muslim. what of their own culture which is being erased.

In case ur tutors are untruthful, the crusades were fought to take back lands stolen and converted by the ottomans. most were never retaken as majority of the populace have already been converted to Islam. eg, Istanbul, Egypt, Algeria.

u keep mentioning Iberia? why did the Muslims attack them in the first place.

Lol.

I am not a Muslim nor do I think that Islam is perfect but what you are saying is false.

In Iberia Jews had a degree of freedom that they lost once the Xtians killed their way back into prominence.
Re: Benue Catholic Priest Passing Through Floods While Going For Mass by mmsen: 9:59pm On Aug 11, 2019
GumGum:

If you lived in those times, you would applaud the killing of twins. That you know better today is because you were born in these times. Let's not argue on that. Think about it calmly and you will know what I say is true. Now to the issue of repayment. You clearly mentioned that donations were given to the Church. Let us assume that most of them were monetary and in gold coins. These donations would have come from monarchs who invaded new territories and carried off their wealth. Those donations would have been put to use in charity, evangelism and research which all still happen till date. Many Black slaves were transported to safer territories before the American Civil war by Catholic help. Missionary schools which illuminated our minds were all over the world and quality education was never shortchanged. I could go on but you have to understand, even if you aren't a Christian or are an atheist, that the church has brought more good to this world.

Killing of twins was not widely practiced. A cluster of villages in the most sparsely populated state in Nigeria is a terrible example and a sign of how the various churches have brainwashed Africans (and the wider world) against Africa.

And those donations that you speak of were used to make the lives of the church hierarchy even more comfortable but I'm sure you will keep lying to yourself about the good of the church.

All the money that Mother Theresa collected and look at how those hospitals that she had in India were. Meanwhile she went to Europe to be treated. Disgraceful.
Re: Benue Catholic Priest Passing Through Floods While Going For Mass by ifyboy60(m): 10:04pm On Aug 11, 2019
mmsen:

What nonsense are you talking.

The European royalty claimed that their power and rights were divine. That divinity was manifested by the Pope who would encourage those monarchs under his control to wage war on those who did not do as he pleased. The church was the supreme power in Europe.

And the conquistadors arrived with and worked alongside the priests. Stop deceiving yourself. They were culpable in the slaughter and profited from the enslavement and genocide of the native peoples.

The power of the church very much ended with the end of the Holy Roman Empire.

u are quick to justify ur falsehoods, if u read history correctly u would know that the King of England severed from the church, so did the Germans after Luther King. the Danes, Scotts and Swedes. they all had their own national church and the British purged Catholics from UK.

and yet u blame the Catholic Church for the slavery carried out by the Britons after they had broken away from the church. In 1994(cant remember the exact year again), the Anglican Church publicly apologized for it's role in the African slave trade.

on the other hand, France, a Catholic country at that time, had banned slavery since the 13th century when catholicism took root.

Yes the Pope waged war, if not for those wars, Europe would have been overun by Muslims, Tatars, Huns or even Genghis Khan and his Hordes of Mongols.

Read the battle of Vienna, the battle of Malta by the knights of St John, the fall of Constantinople, the Mongol devastation of Hungary, the caliphate of Baghdad and u won't be throwing up trash all over the place.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Joshua Iginla Visits Mount Camel, Israel Where Elijah Called Down Fire / Apostle Johnson Suleman's 2017 Prophecy: "They Will Try To Remove Osinbajo, VP / Kwara Hijab Controversy: Bishop Oyedepo Tells Muslims To Build Their Own Schools

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 100
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.