Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,436 members, 7,819,588 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 06:34 PM

Flagyl And Tetracycline Are Not First Aid For Diarrhea – Aproko Doctor - Health (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Flagyl And Tetracycline Are Not First Aid For Diarrhea – Aproko Doctor (24595 Views)

Alcohol After Taking Flagyl Could Lead To Death - Dr. Olufunmilayo / Remove Camphor From Your Newborns, It Causes Jaundice – Aproko Doctor / Emeka Has Syphilis, A Short Story By Aproko Doctor (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Flagyl And Tetracycline Are Not First Aid For Diarrhea – Aproko Doctor by chigbolu: 5:29pm On Aug 11, 2019
Shut up ya mouth there... angry
Re: Flagyl And Tetracycline Are Not First Aid For Diarrhea – Aproko Doctor by pavoda: 5:31pm On Aug 11, 2019
smiley
Re: Flagyl And Tetracycline Are Not First Aid For Diarrhea – Aproko Doctor by JuanDeDios: 6:15pm On Aug 11, 2019
Flier:
Nonsense! Just don’t stop it anytime you have diarrhea
Infact you must try tetracycline or flagyl immediately you have diarrhea to confirm if it’s actually diarrhea or it’s a very serious problem so you can head straight to the hospital immediately
TRY antibiotics immediately to confirm if you have diarrhoea! SMH.
Re: Flagyl And Tetracycline Are Not First Aid For Diarrhea – Aproko Doctor by Flier: 6:30pm On Aug 11, 2019
JuanDeDios:

TRY antibiotics immediately to confirm if you have diarrhoea! SMH.
You just need education,some diarrhea can kill you within 6 hours and that is why you have to take antibiotics to be sure you are not in serious trouble
Re: Flagyl And Tetracycline Are Not First Aid For Diarrhea – Aproko Doctor by JuanDeDios: 6:41pm On Aug 11, 2019
Flier:
You just need education,some diarrhea can kill you within 6 hours and that is why you have to take antibiotics to be sure you are not in serious trouble
Until they stop working or, in combination with other antibiotics, kill your gut microbiome, and you end up requiring a stool transplant or end up on your way to colon cancer! You don't have a clue, do you? Post more education, abeg. Nothing do you.
Re: Flagyl And Tetracycline Are Not First Aid For Diarrhea – Aproko Doctor by MKULTRA: 7:01pm On Aug 11, 2019
JuanDeDios:

You people don't understand the problem - no, crisis - of the antibiotics resistance that is emerging; that's why you're attacking him. I doubt you even know what antibiotics are much less their pharmacology. The doc is not saying antibotics don't work. He's saying they work too much. He's saying that using antibiotics for the common diarrhoea is wrong because (1) It's like using an AK-47 to kill a cockroach (2) You're contributing to the problem of antibiotic resistance IN THE LONG TERM. There are simpler meds you can use that will work just as well - if you feel you must take meds.

The day you get bitten by a nasty bug or catch an infection and all the antibiotics in the market refuse to work on your system, you will understand.
even in the midst of fools we may still find a wise one.....you are wise bro.
Re: Flagyl And Tetracycline Are Not First Aid For Diarrhea – Aproko Doctor by Teespice(f): 7:21pm On Aug 11, 2019
what he said is true. diarrhoea goes on it's own without any meds. in very bad cases I take imodium.
Re: Flagyl And Tetracycline Are Not First Aid For Diarrhea – Aproko Doctor by Boyooosa(m): 7:52pm On Aug 11, 2019
then you should see your doctor immediately
this part tho.
doctors will tell you to sit down and feel comfortable as if they care.
next will be #3, 700 bill that tetracyclin and flagyl would have simpy kicked out of your body...mtchew!
me be using red n yellow + flagyl since 1914....
Re: Flagyl And Tetracycline Are Not First Aid For Diarrhea – Aproko Doctor by RxSameer(m): 7:57pm On Aug 11, 2019
If u must use a drug it shud be loperamide n not antibiotics
Re: Flagyl And Tetracycline Are Not First Aid For Diarrhea – Aproko Doctor by subcbouy: 8:00pm On Aug 11, 2019
Sunnybabe:
u dull b4 abi wetin una won take parnasharp for ; undecided....

abt the award, I didn't know oo, would have confirm that today... but I am still not FTC
as your body de hot for FTC, panalsharp go fit boost immunity sharply.
Re: Flagyl And Tetracycline Are Not First Aid For Diarrhea – Aproko Doctor by pacespot(m): 8:25pm On Aug 11, 2019
This may work for some but may not work for others, that's the nature of human body. Only take drugs for healing when it is absolutely necessary, our body has this way of adjusting to the drug we take quite often which reduces the efficacy of the drug.

I've discovered that Misagrips and Procold are very effective in curing my catarrh, but once I resorted to taking the drugs every week, the level of efficacy dropped sharply. So always give sometimes to the drugs that you took that worked for you before taking it again, unless otherwise recommended by your doctor.

However, I prefer using natural herbs for curing malaria.

1 Like

Re: Flagyl And Tetracycline Are Not First Aid For Diarrhea – Aproko Doctor by bigfrancis21: 8:28pm On Aug 11, 2019
Haha same old tetracycline and flagyl I grew up taking in the 90s as treatment for 'runny stomach'! Loll

1 Like

Re: Flagyl And Tetracycline Are Not First Aid For Diarrhea – Aproko Doctor by Sunnybabe(m): 8:57pm On Aug 11, 2019
subcbouy:
as your body de hot for FTC, panalsharp go fit boost immunity sharply.
grin grin grin ... Peele doctor subcbouy ...
Re: Flagyl And Tetracycline Are Not First Aid For Diarrhea – Aproko Doctor by afrodoc2: 11:11pm On Aug 11, 2019
Flier:

This is unbelievably wrong. You sir, are the one who needs education.
Re: Flagyl And Tetracycline Are Not First Aid For Diarrhea – Aproko Doctor by noah91(m): 11:50pm On Aug 11, 2019
Nonso, my guy. We were together today
Re: Flagyl And Tetracycline Are Not First Aid For Diarrhea – Aproko Doctor by lukui: 7:00am On Aug 12, 2019
grin grin grin ; D
you dey chop everything, meat, fish, rice coke, bobo viju milk lacacera, malt, fanta, sprite, indomie, spaghetti, amala, pounded yam, semo all at once and and you don't want to shiit! are you a learner?

2 Likes

Re: Flagyl And Tetracycline Are Not First Aid For Diarrhea – Aproko Doctor by Nowenuse: 2:14pm On Aug 12, 2019
seunH:
You are right sir to an extent but I kind of disagree with the last part when you said "due to the constipation-inducing side-effect of the drug which most mistake as the main therapeutic effect". Metronidazole is an antibiotic that has affinity for gut microbes. When these microbes attack the gut, they elicit inflammatory reactions which damage the gut mucosa especially the villi which is responsible for absorbing fluid and nutrients from food, hence the gut would lose capacity to hold food for long, leading to diarrhea. When metronidazole is administered, these gut microbes are destroyed and this leads to cessation of inflammatory reaction thereby allowing for regeneration of the gut mucosa and villi.

Wow, thank u for this.

But please I have a question. A lot of us get running stomachs from too much taking of sweet things. How does this relate to microbes attacking the guts?
Re: Flagyl And Tetracycline Are Not First Aid For Diarrhea – Aproko Doctor by seunH: 3:04pm On Aug 12, 2019
Nowenuse:

Wow, thank u for this.

But please I have a question. A lot of us get running stomachs from too much taking of sweet things. How does this relate to microbes attacking the guts?
Okay, first of all, sweet things intake have little relationship with microbes attacking the gut leading to runny stomach. For us to understand the relationship between excessive sweet things intake and running stomach we must first understand the principle of osmosis, which is movement of water from a region of higher quantity (hypotonic) to a region of lower quantity (hypertonic). Sweet things as we know contains high amount of sugar. When we ingest high quantity of these sweet things, the quantity of sugar in the gut increases and the gut content becomes (hypertonic). This sets up an osmotic gradient and water would be drawn from surrounding cells and tissues which are (hypotonic) into the gut. This in turn excessively increases the volume of fluid in the gut thereby overwhelming the ability of the villi to absorb the fluid, leading to excretion of excessive watery faeces(diarrhea).

1 Like

Re: Flagyl And Tetracycline Are Not First Aid For Diarrhea – Aproko Doctor by Nowenuse: 6:10pm On Aug 14, 2019
seunH:

Okay, first of all, sweet things intake have little relationship with microbes attacking the gut leading to runny stomach. For us to understand the relationship between excessive sweet things intake and running stomach we must first understand the principle of osmosis, which is movement of water from a region of higher quantity (hypotonic) to a region of lower quantity (hypertonic). Sweet things as we know contains high amount of sugar. When we ingest high quantity of these sweet things, the quantity of sugar in the gut increases and the gut content becomes (hypertonic). This sets up an osmotic gradient and water would be drawn from surrounding cells and tissues which are (hypotonic) into the gut. This in turn excessively increases the volume of fluid in the gut thereby overwhelming the ability of the villi to absorb the fluid, leading to excretion of excessive watery faeces(diarrhea).

Wow, thank you very very much! I never had an idea of these things.

So how come Flagyl & Tetra works as a cure for running stomach caused by intake of excessive sweet things and not by microbes?
Re: Flagyl And Tetracycline Are Not First Aid For Diarrhea – Aproko Doctor by seunH: 8:44am On Aug 15, 2019
Nowenuse:

Wow, thank you very very much! I never had an idea of these things.

So how come Flagyl & Tetra works as a cure for running stomach caused by intake of excessive sweet things and not by microbes?
Okay sir, first of all flagy and tetra can "work" for the following reasons
1) Some metronidazole are compounded with anti motility agents which not only destroys microbes but inhibit gut motility
2) In some cases, it may be a case of placebo effect. The person would simply excrete all the fluid content till balance returns since it is uncomplicated but since the person took the flagyl, he would assume the flagy is working
3) It may also be a latent case which was aggravated by the high sugar intake leading to a complicated diarrhea which the person may not be aware of, hence taking the flagy may work

2 Likes

Re: Flagyl And Tetracycline Are Not First Aid For Diarrhea – Aproko Doctor by Nowenuse: 1:48pm On Aug 15, 2019
seunH:

Okay sir, first of all flagy and tetra can "work" for the following reasons
1) Some metronidazole are compounded with anti motility agents which not only destroys microbes but inhibit gut motility
2) In some cases, it may be a case of placebo effect. The person would simply excrete all the fluid content till balance returns since it is uncomplicated but since the person took the flagyl, he would assume the flagy is working
3) It may also be a latent case which was aggravated by the high sugar intake leading to a complicated diarrhea which the person may not be aware of, hence taking the flagy may work

Thanks. I'm sure you are a medical doctor or pharmacist by profession?
Re: Flagyl And Tetracycline Are Not First Aid For Diarrhea – Aproko Doctor by seunH: 2:32pm On Aug 15, 2019
Nowenuse:

Thanks. I'm sure you are a medical doctor or pharmacist by profession?
Absolutely not, I'm a final year vet student!!!

2 Likes

Re: Flagyl And Tetracycline Are Not First Aid For Diarrhea – Aproko Doctor by Liposure: 9:20am On Feb 03, 2020
harbeordune:
Very true. Antibiotic resistance is on the increase.
hi

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

We Have Spent N31 Billion To Fight COVID-19 In Nigeria — Ahmed Idris / Aso Rock Clinic DOES NOT Have Paracetamol Or Cotton Wool - TheCable / I'm On A Mission To Break My Addiction To Pepsi.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.