Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,027 members, 7,821,565 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 03:06 PM

A Spiritual Weapon That Can Help Overcome Masturbation (lustful Craving) - Religion (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / A Spiritual Weapon That Can Help Overcome Masturbation (lustful Craving) (46128 Views)

How Do I Overcome Masturbation As A Christian? / Praying In Tongues : The Weapon That Builds You Up - Joseph Prince Sermon Notes / Your Tithe Is A Spiritual Weapon (8) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: A Spiritual Weapon That Can Help Overcome Masturbation (lustful Craving) by KvngEric: 11:19am On Aug 11, 2019
erico2k2:

yes, you can, as a matter of fact, you just manage to tell the whole Nigeria that you masturbate. Its all good how you feel but just don't add religion to this, it has nothing to do with it!

Its honestly been fun arguing with u. But you NEED to learn to read between the lines. I'm talking about it in shame as something i will love to change. I'm sharing with i do to avoid thinking about it. I'm never proud of it.

But if i was married to your sis, i would definitely be telling u about how we do it in d oza room and i would be very fuckin proud of it when i say it. tongue

Peace out!
Re: A Spiritual Weapon That Can Help Overcome Masturbation (lustful Craving) by erico2k2(m): 11:22am On Aug 11, 2019
Inteltower:

the passage concerning the sin of Onan
(Genesis 38:9-10, RSV):
This is the problem of religion in Afric, we tend to interpret the bible to suit our desire not stating the obvious to waht it meant,
Read that passage very well, the person in question was sleeping with his brother;s wife,he knew that if she gets pregnant the child would not be his so for this reason he decided to pour it on the floor.he got punished now tell me was he punished for putting his sperm on the floor or for sleeping with his brother's wife?
Genesis 38:9-10 New International Version (NIV)

9 But Onan knew that the child would not be his; so whenever he slept with his brother’s wife, he spilled his semen on the ground to keep from providing offspring for his brother. 10 What he did was wicked in the Lord’s sight; so the Lord put him to death also.
Re: A Spiritual Weapon That Can Help Overcome Masturbation (lustful Craving) by erico2k2(m): 11:24am On Aug 11, 2019
KvngEric:

Its honestly been fun arguing with u. But you NEED to learn to read between the lines. I'm talking about it in shame as something i will love to change. I'm sharing with i do to avoid thinking about it. I'm never proud of it.

But if i was married to your sis, i would definitely be telling u about how we do it in d oza room and i would be very fuckin proud of it when i say it. tongue

Peace out!
Nah I wont have that convo with you cos it will be disrespectful.\this is your private biss. However what happens in da other room stays in da other room!
Re: A Spiritual Weapon That Can Help Overcome Masturbation (lustful Craving) by Inteltower: 11:26am On Aug 11, 2019
erico2k2:

This is the problem of religion in Afric, we tend to interpret the bible to suit our desire not stating the obvious to waht it meant,
Read that passage very well, the person in question was sleeping with his brother;s wife,he knew that if she gets pregnant the child would not be his so for this reason he decided to pour it on the floor.he got punished now tell me was he punished for putting his sperm on the floor or for sleeping with his brother's wife?
Genesis 38:9-10 New International Version (NIV)

9 But Onan knew that the child would not be his; so whenever he slept with his brother’s wife, he spilled his semen on the ground to keep from providing offspring for his brother. 10 What he did was wicked in the Lord’s sight; so the Lord put him to death also.

so what was the difference really & which did the Lord considered wicked ?
was it the sleeping of his brothers wife (which is a tradition in Israel) or the wasting of sperm on the floor just to avoid her getting pregnant

mind you his brother was dead & as their custom the following brother will take in his late brothers wife as his.

So if God considered wasting sperm as wicked how much more masturbation.
those that have sex with women insisted of jerking of inside her will deliberately spew it all over her body how will God take that ?

consciously wasting seeds (sperms) is like having no value of its use in you & equating it to ordinary urine which we consider as waste
Re: A Spiritual Weapon That Can Help Overcome Masturbation (lustful Craving) by generalwo(m): 11:31am On Aug 11, 2019
CAPSLOCKED:
WE HAVE BIGGER PROBLEMS IN NIGERIA LIKE KIDNAPPERS, HERDSMEN, POVERTY, HUNGER AND SICKNESSES.

IF YOU WERE EVEN SLIGHTLY SENSIBLE YOU WILL FOCUS ON PROVIDING THE SO CALLED SPIRITUAL WEAPONS TO DEFEAT THOSE. THAT YOU FOCUS ON HARMLESS, UNIMPORTANT MASTURBATĮON SHOWS HOW CROOKED YOUR LIFE IS AS A CHRISTIAN.
...... May God forgive u..... How is Nigeria's problem any worse than an individual who masturbates..... Some of you just come on social media to vent your frustrations on others... Na the op tell devil to dump u for Nigeria
Re: A Spiritual Weapon That Can Help Overcome Masturbation (lustful Craving) by erico2k2(m): 11:42am On Aug 11, 2019
Inteltower:

so what was the difference really & which did the Lord considered wicked ?
was it the sleeping of his brothers wife (which is a tradition in Israel) or the wasting of sperm on the floor just to avoid her getting pregnant

mind you his brother was dead & as their custom the following brother will take in his late brothers wife as his.

So if God considered wasting sperm as wicked how much more masturbation.
those that have sex with women insisted of jerking of inside her will deliberately spew it all over her body how will God take that ?

consciously wasting seeds (sperms) is like having no value of its use in you & equating it to ordinary urine which we consider as waste
The reason God punished him was the fact he was sleeping with his brother's wife and not letting her have kids since it was waht his brother desires, so he was just enjoying himself, this has nothing to do with pouring his sperm on the floor. This topic has been thought in well-established bible class in Ireland cos of their abortion laws etc it was asked.If not God would have punished for both not just pouring his seed on the floor as that is irrelevant.My dear African be wise!
PS.I agree it was a practice in Isreal, but did you notice the intention??
Re: A Spiritual Weapon That Can Help Overcome Masturbation (lustful Craving) by otherway: 11:45am On Aug 11, 2019
erico2k2:

Bross this is subject to your own interpretation which I think is way out of line to this subject. Things you eat and things you throw out are in two different contexts. Masturbation is not food and does not involve anything going inside the human body so I suggest you use a different narrative or something close,I'm waiting!

Olodo..go back and read the concluding phrase.
Re: A Spiritual Weapon That Can Help Overcome Masturbation (lustful Craving) by erico2k2(m): 11:46am On Aug 11, 2019
otherway:

Olodo..go back and read the concluding phrase.
Another confused soul,
Re: A Spiritual Weapon That Can Help Overcome Masturbation (lustful Craving) by Inteltower: 12:05pm On Aug 11, 2019
erico2k2:

The reason God punished him was the fact he was sleeping with his brother's wife and not letting her have kids since it was waht his brother desires, so he was just enjoying himself, this has nothing to do with pouring his sperm on the floor. This topic has been thought in well-established bible class in Ireland cos of their abortion laws etc it was asked.If not God would have punished for both not just pouring his seed on the floor as that is irrelevant.My dear African be wise!
PS.I agree it was a practice in Isreal, but did you notice the intention??

I understand your point, I missed that & the intention was wrong but will wasting those seeds by him also be counted right in God's sight ?
because people by their justification are equating wasting sperm through masturbation like urinating.
Re: A Spiritual Weapon That Can Help Overcome Masturbation (lustful Craving) by Nobody: 12:07pm On Aug 11, 2019
shogsman:
Masturbation is healthy, so don't be ridiculous, infact I'm about to masturbate now.

Re: A Spiritual Weapon That Can Help Overcome Masturbation (lustful Craving) by CAPSLOCKED: 12:12pm On Aug 11, 2019
generalwo:
...... May God forgive u..... How is Nigeria's problem any worse than an individual who masturbates.....

YOU CAN IMAGINE THIS PERSON WHO THINKS MASTURBATĮON IS WORSE THAN POVERTY, THUGGERY, MASSACRE, ACCIDENTS, ETC.

MOST OF YOU ARE LUNATICS BUT YOU DON'T KNOW IT.

6 Likes 3 Shares

Re: A Spiritual Weapon That Can Help Overcome Masturbation (lustful Craving) by CAPSLOCKED: 12:14pm On Aug 11, 2019
Fuckyoumod:
oga that's your fuvking, problem.
Let the problem of Nigeria continue to be on your head.

Everybody and their problem.

SO NIGERIA'S PROBLEM SHOULD BE ON MY HEAD, WHILE YOU ALL CARRY SOMEBODY ELSE'S MASTURBATĮON ON YOUR HEADS?

ON GOD, THIS IS THE HIGHEST HEIGHT OF FOOLĮSHNESS IN THE WHOLE WIDE WORLD.

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: A Spiritual Weapon That Can Help Overcome Masturbation (lustful Craving) by Inteltower: 12:14pm On Aug 11, 2019
CAPSLOCKED:

YOU CAN IMAGINE THIS PERSON WHO THINKS MASTURBATĮON IS WORSE THAN POVERTY, THUGGERY, MASSACRE, ACCIDENTS, ETC.

MOST OF YOU ARE LUNATICS BUT YOU DON'T KNOW IT.

masturbation can influence people to rape, defile children, behave abnormally around people..
so you will ignore this because it isn't a major problem.. then you are the lunatic
Re: A Spiritual Weapon That Can Help Overcome Masturbation (lustful Craving) by erico2k2(m): 12:16pm On Aug 11, 2019
Inteltower:

I understand your point, I missed that & the intention was wrong but will wasting those seeds by him also be counted right in God's sight ?
because people by their justification are equating wasting sperm through masturbation like urinating.
Thank you for understanding that. Oh yes, it was wrong, the only reason for it to be allowed was when it was impossible to bear a child by her husband. The primary reason he was allowed to bleep the bross wife was to bear child,.Equating this to someone masturbating and wasting sperm is wrong and Religious leaders who preach these are not well educated or are just being mischievous!
Re: A Spiritual Weapon That Can Help Overcome Masturbation (lustful Craving) by erico2k2(m): 12:18pm On Aug 11, 2019
Inteltower:

masturbation can influence people to rape, defile children, behave abnormally around people..
so you will ignore this because it isn't a major problem.. then you are the lunatic
I wont agree with you on thsi one cos its like showing justification for rape.If masturbation is a quick fix for sexual urge then you can go to a hotel to sort yourself out!. This will put you at per with those in a certain school of thought that away a girl is dressed makes her subject to rape!
Re: A Spiritual Weapon That Can Help Overcome Masturbation (lustful Craving) by CAPSLOCKED: 12:19pm On Aug 11, 2019
Chrisus:

And how many of the aforementioned issues have you tackled personally?

I AM NOT CAPABLE OF TACKLING CRIMES BECAUSE I LACK BOTH THE PHYSICAL WEAPONS AND TRAINING. BUT I TRY TO SOLVE SUCH PROBLEMS BY TRYING TO CURB THEM IN MY OWN WAYS. THESE "PROBLEMS" DESERVE TO BE SOLVED BECAUSE THEY AFFECT US ALL COLLECTIVELY.

PLEASE, HOW IS CYNTHIA OR JOHN TOUCHING THEIR OWN GENITALS IN THEIR BATHROOMS ON CAMPUS SOMEWHERE INSIGNIFICANT OUR PROBLEM IN NIGERIA AS A COUNTRY?

MISPLACED PRIORITIES EVERYWHERE.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: A Spiritual Weapon That Can Help Overcome Masturbation (lustful Craving) by Inteltower: 12:26pm On Aug 11, 2019
erico2k2:

I wont agree with you on thsi one cos its like showing justification for rape.If masturbation is a quick fix for sexual urge then you can go to a hotel to sort yourself out!. This will put you at per with those in a certain school of thought that away a girl is dressed makes her subject to rape!

am not justifying rape..there are a lot of reasons that make me people involve themselves in rape..& masturbating is one of them.
.little things like anger if unchecked can make someone killing someone else. anger towards government can make a group of people to carry arms & take to a life of arm robbery.

my point is something abnormal can graduate into something else
Re: A Spiritual Weapon That Can Help Overcome Masturbation (lustful Craving) by erico2k2(m): 12:30pm On Aug 11, 2019
Inteltower:

am not justifying rape..there are a lot of reasons that make me people involve themselves in rape..& masturbating is one of them.
.little things like anger if unchecked can make someone killing someone else. anger towards government can make a group of people to carry arms & take to a life of arm robbery.

my point is something abnormal can graduate into something else
OK, but let me also remind you what is evil is evil, there is no justification, Rape is rape, there is no such phrase in law as to the reason why rape was carried out hence you can never use rape as punishment but you can use death!
Re: A Spiritual Weapon That Can Help Overcome Masturbation (lustful Craving) by Inteltower: 12:37pm On Aug 11, 2019
erico2k2:

Thank you for understanding that. Oh yes, it was wrong, the only reason for it to be allowed was when it was impossible to bear a child by her husband. The primary reason he was allowed to bleep the bross wife was to bear child,.Equating this to someone masturbating and wasting sperm is wrong and Religious leaders who preach these are not well educated or are just being mischievous!

the scenerio in that verse tells us not only did Onan didn't want to impregnate his brothers wife but wanted to satisfy his sexual urge..& wasted his sperm on the floor as a result of the pleasure he had.

there are two three things here, 1) the intention 2) the sexual urge 3) the cumming.

removing number 1 by the side. what is the difference between him & a masturbator.
because remember committing adultery doesn't only happen by physical Union between two people as Christ taught us that lusting after her in your heart also means you have done it with her at heart which is what goes on during masturbation (how do you avoid that ?)

one masturbating has no physical partner next to him but lusts in his mind just like On an wants pleasure & then wastes his sperm

pls in that act is it a sin or not according to what Christ clearly stated ?
Re: A Spiritual Weapon That Can Help Overcome Masturbation (lustful Craving) by Inteltower: 12:40pm On Aug 11, 2019
erico2k2:

OK, but let me also remind you what is evil is evil, there is no justification, Rape is rape, there is no such phrase in law as to the reason why rape was carried out hence you can never use rape as punishment but you can use death!

you are digressing... really
going back to what lead to this veering off..
I was pointing to the fact that little abnormal or immoral things can be factors that lead to big problems we have in society today
Re: A Spiritual Weapon That Can Help Overcome Masturbation (lustful Craving) by erico2k2(m): 12:44pm On Aug 11, 2019
Inteltower:

the scenerio in that verse tells us not only did Onan didn't want to impregnate his brothers wife but wanted to satisfy his sexual urge..& wasted his sperm on the floor as a result of the pleasure he had.

there are two three things here, 1) the intention 2) the sexual urge 3) the cumming.

removing number 1 by the side. what is the difference between him & a masturbator.
because remember committing adultery doesn't only happen by physical Union between two people as Christ taught us that lusting after her in your heart also means you have done it with her at heart which is what goes on during masturbation (how do you avoid that ?)

one masturbating has no physical partner next to him but lusts in his mind just like On an wants pleasure & then wastes his sperm

pls in that act is it a sin or not according to what Christ clearly stated ?
That is a good question, for your own benefit and that of others, this is the simple reason and difference, one has to do with pleasuring oneself inside a woman and the other has nothing t dow tih another person.The jewish law did not permit having sex with your brother's wife for sexual pleasure rather to make kids. So bross he was punished for satisfying his urge at the expense of his brother's wife and the brother.
Do you know till date sex in Jewish tradition is for kids only? hence they place clothes on top the women when and during sex.,I live in N8 in England for 13 years so I lived amongst jewish people.
Re: A Spiritual Weapon That Can Help Overcome Masturbation (lustful Craving) by erico2k2(m): 12:45pm On Aug 11, 2019
Inteltower:

you are digressing... really
going back to what lead to this veering off..
I was pointing to the fact that little abnormal or immoral things can be factors that lead to big problems we have in society today
nop I'm not you said rape hence my response if you never used that word as part of your argument I would av remained mute!
Re: A Spiritual Weapon That Can Help Overcome Masturbation (lustful Craving) by emmayoc: 1:02pm On Aug 11, 2019
CAPSLOCKED:
WE HAVE BIGGER PROBLEMS IN NIGERIA LIKE KIDNAPPERS, HERDSMEN, POVERTY, HUNGER AND SICKNESSES.

IF YOU WERE EVEN SLIGHTLY SENSIBLE YOU WILL FOCUS ON PROVIDING THE SO CALLED SPIRITUAL WEAPONS TO DEFEAT THOSE.

THAT YOU FOCUS ON HARMLESS, UNIMPORTANT MASTURBATĮON INSTEAD OF OTHER CRITICAL SITUATIONS IN NIGERIA SHOWS HOW YOUR LIFE LACKS DIRECTION AS A CHRISTIAN.

If you have never seen a man devoid of understanding; Here is one

1 Like

Re: A Spiritual Weapon That Can Help Overcome Masturbation (lustful Craving) by Nobody: 1:06pm On Aug 11, 2019
Lilknight:
Well the way it worked for me was self promise and believe. It was almost New year's eve so I used the remaining days of 2014 to masturbate to stupor and I had already made a promise that this coming 2015 I will never go close to masturbation. At the beginning of January I'd get tempted but I knew once I start masturbating again it will take me to wait till another year for a New Yr resolution so I just sticked to my self promise and before I knew it January was off and the urge started reducing in me so I became resistant to the temptation.
Re: A Spiritual Weapon That Can Help Overcome Masturbation (lustful Craving) by citruslimited(m): 1:14pm On Aug 11, 2019
The greatest way to overcome this is by abstinence to immoral life and being at peace with your God !

1 Like

Re: A Spiritual Weapon That Can Help Overcome Masturbation (lustful Craving) by anonymous1759(m): 1:14pm On Aug 11, 2019
jendhorlee:
masturbation ain't a sin, it's a natural way to relieve urself of sexual urge and it doesn't have any negative effect on ur body

about feeling guilt after the act, well, i don't fucking understand why you'll be feeling ashamed after masturbation, i masturbate very well and I've never ever felt any guilt or ashamed of it, and doesn't ask for forgiveness too (I'm a Christian) cos i don't see it as a sin

i remember the first time i ever masturbated in secondary school, i didn't know wat i did was called masturbation, I've never watched or heard abt it b4, it just happened, that's to tell you it's natural

with masturbation, u can have sex with a lot of girls, celebrities over and over again till you're tired, even ....... .. I'm not even saying anything again, na u sabi

That's the point where the devil want you to get too. A point where you won't feel remorse, it's bad to sin but worse when you don't feel remorse then the devil will leave you to battle yourself he won't bother tempting I'll again. Then the battle will be between your heart and mind.

You see masturbation as a no sin that's how some suicide bombers, Ritualistic, fornicators see it as nothing. That's the aim of the devil if you don't feel remorse you can't repent. A man mad only feel ashamed when he realizes he's Naked.

I'm not a saint just giving you my own advice I like it when I feel guilt after committing sin don't justify your sins it's worse.
Re: A Spiritual Weapon That Can Help Overcome Masturbation (lustful Craving) by stieyven(m): 1:22pm On Aug 11, 2019
KvngEric:
Ewu, we will all die. But when we die a sinner, you have died d worst death. Lets fight for eternal salvation cos we obviously cannot fight all u mentioned above and even If you do fight them, you'd still die. Fight for your soul, this world isn't supposed to be a utopia, no be heaven them call am, na earth.

OP, i concur, i have had d same experience on multiple occasions. Singing praises help overcome it. But one thing that makes me never think of it for days is keeping busy, moving around and doing something, once i sit down and relax, it will start creeping up.
He who calls his brother a fool shall be in danger of hell. Matthew 5:22
Re: A Spiritual Weapon That Can Help Overcome Masturbation (lustful Craving) by Rajosh(m): 1:31pm On Aug 11, 2019
Sirheny007:
grin grin
Till date,
I never see the kind gospel song wey go liquidate konji
book of life by Nathaniel Bassey

1 Like

Re: A Spiritual Weapon That Can Help Overcome Masturbation (lustful Craving) by Focus9(m): 1:34pm On Aug 11, 2019
You are right...masturbation reduces the rate of rape, begging for sex..is okay to masturbate but not too much
Re: A Spiritual Weapon That Can Help Overcome Masturbation (lustful Craving) by InvertedHammer: 1:35pm On Aug 11, 2019
/
Mathew 5:30

"And if your right hand causes you to stumble, cut it off and throw it away. It is better for you to lose one part of your body than for your whole body to go into hell"

So go ahead, grab the knife and do the needful.

/
Re: A Spiritual Weapon That Can Help Overcome Masturbation (lustful Craving) by NPComplete: 1:46pm On Aug 11, 2019
Inteltower:

it only proves that you are an unbeliever..& its your blind belief.. if you can't look at yourself in a mirror & appreciate the intelligible complexities of your nature then I pray you be saved.

if you like make reference to big bang theory or Darwinism..
intelligence isn't matter

Lol clown. Who is making reference to BBT. Your beliefs are horseshit and doesn't work. Deal with it.

1 Like

Re: A Spiritual Weapon That Can Help Overcome Masturbation (lustful Craving) by johnweish014: 1:54pm On Aug 11, 2019
Don't mind people saying masturbation is not an issue. Infact it's a big issue. It's one of the major problem hindering the growth of an individual. People heavily engaged in masturbation, whether rich, with high paying job, they never make significant progress. It bring bad luck.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Peak Milk Apologises To Christians Over ‘ Offensive’ Easter Advert / Paul Enenche: I Can Buy A Private Jet But I Haven’t Acquired One / Osun CAN Orders Christian Students To Attend Classes In Church Robe

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 64
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.