Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,162 members, 7,825,635 topics. Date: Sunday, 12 May 2024 at 07:28 PM

Asari Dokubo Lied, Kalabari Sold Kalabari Into Transatlantic Slavery. - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Asari Dokubo Lied, Kalabari Sold Kalabari Into Transatlantic Slavery. (3229 Views)

Stay Away From Kalabari, Dokubo-Asari Warns Tompolo, Soldiers / Asari Dokubo Chides Wike Over Insult On Amanyanabo Of Kalabari Kingdom (Video) / Asari Dokubo And Ijaw Endorse Wike For 2nd Term (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Asari Dokubo Lied, Kalabari Sold Kalabari Into Transatlantic Slavery. by hammerVJ: 8:27pm On Aug 13, 2019
engrsyer:

Op, It is AGBANIYE JIKE of BILLE Kingdom not Agbaniye Ejike of Bile Kingdom. Take correction

Y do u people like to edit your names?

Did most of them not have Igbo mothers?

Similar was done with Nwike, aka Wike.
Re: Asari Dokubo Lied, Kalabari Sold Kalabari Into Transatlantic Slavery. by hammerVJ: 8:38pm On Aug 13, 2019
Efewestern still wondering y Oba of Benin only visit his Yoruba people in Ile Ife and Itsekiri?

Well, people like u are not suppose to still be around on that land speaking foreign languages.

Selling your kind was not enough, they committed genocide in attempt to wipe your kind off the earth.

1 Like

Re: Asari Dokubo Lied, Kalabari Sold Kalabari Into Transatlantic Slavery. by Nobody: 9:18pm On Aug 13, 2019
I suggest nairaland be renamed dumbland or crazyland or bastardland or troll-land given the calibre of those who dwell in it. Being away from Nigeria for such a long time, I didn't realise the level of insanity of Nigerians, the level of stupidity and immorality.

I thank God I don't have to live amongst bastards who have no honour.

Oba ghatokpere. My dear King Omo n'Oba n'Edo I beg for the forgiveness of these bastards who keep spreading rubbish.
Re: Asari Dokubo Lied, Kalabari Sold Kalabari Into Transatlantic Slavery. by hammerVJ: 9:22pm On Aug 13, 2019
prolog3111:
I suggest nairaland be renamed dumbland or crazyland or bastardland or trolll-land given the calibre of those who dwell in it.

u simply do not like the truth.

U have been following this thread and as soon as u see a work of authority, u talk trash.
Re: Asari Dokubo Lied, Kalabari Sold Kalabari Into Transatlantic Slavery. by Nobody: 9:27pm On Aug 13, 2019
Shocker. I have a job, a future and I live in France. I am educated (masters degree). And I have no time for trolls. So trolls keep trolling or hug a transformer, whatever you do, your lives will only be a stain to humanity, you will never amount to anything.
Re: Asari Dokubo Lied, Kalabari Sold Kalabari Into Transatlantic Slavery. by hammerVJ: 9:29pm On Aug 13, 2019
prolog3111:
Shocker. I have a job, a future and I live in France. I am educated (masters degree). And I have no time for trolls. So trolls keep trolling or hug a transformer, whatever you do, your lives will only be a stain to humanity, you will never amount to anything.

Bullshit, so do we.

We also deal with current affairs and read news.

U probably will not find us on other platform aside nairaland active, so shut up. cry baby!

This thread is aimed at correcting the erroneous publication made by Asari and published on this platform and social media.

Y should Asari get away with such blatant lies?
Re: Asari Dokubo Lied, Kalabari Sold Kalabari Into Transatlantic Slavery. by hammerVJ: 9:31pm On Aug 13, 2019
prolog3111:

Prolog, u are even more active on this thread than I am but am the creator. grin grin grin grin

Cry cry... grin grin
Re: Asari Dokubo Lied, Kalabari Sold Kalabari Into Transatlantic Slavery. by topboss: 12:07am On Aug 14, 2019
prolog3111:
I suggest nairaland be renamed dumbland or crazyland or bastardland or troll-land given the calibre of those who dwell in it. Being away from Nigeria for such a long time, I didn't realise the level of insanity of Nigerians, the level of stupidity and immorality.

I thank God I don't have to live amongst bastards who have no honour.

Oba ghatokpere. My dear King Omo n'Oba n'Edo I beg for the forgiveness of these bastards who keep spreading rubbish.

Wat brings an Afonja to this thread, this is a family matter.
Re: Asari Dokubo Lied, Kalabari Sold Kalabari Into Transatlantic Slavery. by topboss: 9:38am On Aug 14, 2019
igbodefender:

Many people in the text cited by the OP were Igbos, for example,Agbani Ejike, the king of Bile. The people of Obama town near Kalabari are are what tribe?

That is just it, Kalabari men married alot of Igbo women and acquired some Igbo names but definately Kalabari people and not Igbo. Somebody just mentioned the name Ejike is actually Jike.
Re: Asari Dokubo Lied, Kalabari Sold Kalabari Into Transatlantic Slavery. by engrsyer(m): 9:51am On Aug 14, 2019
hammerVJ:

Y do u people like to edit your names?

Did most of them not have Igbo mothers?

Similar was done with Nwike, aka Wike.
Bille Kingdom is 100% Ijaw Clan in the Ijaw Country. There is no trace of Igbo or any strange tribe outside Bille Kingdom until recently. Jike is a word that has a meaning in my dialect while Ejike could mean another thing in your Igbo dialect. If you claim Agbaniye Jike is an Igbo name then what does Agbaniye means?
Re: Asari Dokubo Lied, Kalabari Sold Kalabari Into Transatlantic Slavery. by hammerVJ: 9:56am On Aug 14, 2019
engrsyer:
Bille Kingdom is 100% Ijaw Clan in the Ijaw Country. There is no trace of Igbo or any strange tribe outside Bille Kingdom until recently. Jike is a word that has a meaning in my dialect while Ejike could mean another thing in your Igbo dialect. If you claim Agbaniye Jike is an Igbo name then what does Agbaniye means?

The people Jike raided were also all Ijaw clan in the Ijaw Country right?

How come u guys focus more on Igbo involvemnet in the transatlantic slave trade and dont like to talk of Ijaws slaves?

igbodefender:

Many people in the text cited by the OP were Igbos, for example,Agbani Ejike, the king of Bile. The people of Obama town near Kalabari are are what tribe?

Please see the contribution above and take note. That is a Kalabari man.
Re: Asari Dokubo Lied, Kalabari Sold Kalabari Into Transatlantic Slavery. by engrsyer(m): 7:45pm On Aug 14, 2019
hammerVJ:

The people Jike raided were also all Ijaw clan in the Ijaw Country right?

How come u guys focus more on Igbo involvemnet in the transatlantic slave trade and dont like to talk of Ijaws slaves?

Please see the contribution above and take note. That is a Kalabari man.

If you claim he's a Kalabari man then he needs to visit his home, ask about his history and neighbours around Kalabari Kingdom. We don't talk about our own because very little or none were slaved. We ensure we protect each other rather we use the Igbo's and others for the business. We were privileged to settle at the water banks of Niger Delta were businesses was done between the Europeans and the uplands.
Re: Asari Dokubo Lied, Kalabari Sold Kalabari Into Transatlantic Slavery. by hammerVJ: 7:55pm On Aug 14, 2019
[s]
engrsyer:
If you claim he's a Kalabari man then he needs to visit his home, ask about his history and neighbours around Kalabari Kingdom. We don't talk about our own because very little or none were slaved. We ensure we protect each other rather we use the Igbo's and others for the business. We were privileged to settle at the water banks of Niger Delta were businesses was done between the Europeans and the uplands.
[/s]

BULL SHIiT!

THE ARTICLE CLEARLY STATES THAT KALABARI RAIDED KALABARI COMMUNITIES FOR SLAVE TRADE.

ARE U DISPUTING THAT? cc pazienza
Re: Asari Dokubo Lied, Kalabari Sold Kalabari Into Transatlantic Slavery. by InvertedHammer: 8:22pm On Aug 15, 2019
/
Slave trading was like a hunting expedition that every group actively participated even beyond the borders of what is presently known as Nigeria. Every tribe was guilty of the crime against humanity. Who owned who and who captured who can be easily twisted to fit any narrative.

Are you presently free?

/

(1) (2) (Reply)

Orji Kalu On Cancelled Germany Trip: "I Am Not A Coward" / Picture In History : Oyo State From 1955 To 2019 / See What Dapo Abiodun Has Achieved In 10 Months

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.