Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,110 members, 7,818,311 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 12:25 PM

'4 Mistakes, We Have To Be Grown Up’ - Lampard Admits Man Utd Are More Clinical - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / '4 Mistakes, We Have To Be Grown Up’ - Lampard Admits Man Utd Are More Clinical (1136 Views)

Lampard Admits Chelsea Struggled With Fatigue In Wolves Defeat / Guardiola Admits Man City's Title Defense Is Over, Counts On Next Season / ‘man Utd Are Stuck In An Unfortunate Situation With Pogba And Alexis’ (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

'4 Mistakes, We Have To Be Grown Up’ - Lampard Admits Man Utd Are More Clinical by obembet(f): 8:53pm On Aug 11, 2019
Chelsea boss Frank Lampard believes his side were desperately unlucky to find themselves on the wrong end of a 4-0 thrashing against Manchester United.

The Blues played well in spells at Old Trafford but the home side were clinical when it mattered, Marcus Rashford netting twice with Anthony Martial and Daniel James also getting on the score-sheet.

And Lampard believes the scoreline was extremely harsh on his team.

'Poor mistakes for the goal,' he told Sky Sports following the match. 'We controlled major parts of the first half. Probably poor decisions in the final third.

'In the first half we should be in front. It’s a lot easier for them when they’re 3-0 up. This is a counter-attacking team. They have pace and if you turn over the ball, they will counter attack you. We were the ones on the ball. We have loads of lessons to learn. It was no way near a 4-0.

It’s clear I have tried to stay away from transfer ban and injuries we all know that. I tried to get N’Golo [Kante] on to give him minutes. I don’t want that excuse [injuries].

'Four mistakes. Not many more than that, they were clinical. We have to be grown up about it because it doesn’t feel nice. In the performance in parts of it wasn’t 4-0.

Source: https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-7346749/amp/Frank-Lampard-admits-Manchester-United-clinical-Chelsea.html

Cc Lalasticlala
MissyB3
Fynestboi
Dominique
mynd44

1 Share

Re: '4 Mistakes, We Have To Be Grown Up’ - Lampard Admits Man Utd Are More Clinical by Bachwezi(m): 9:19pm On Aug 11, 2019
You heard the man "it wasn't 4:0" �

1 Like

Re: '4 Mistakes, We Have To Be Grown Up’ - Lampard Admits Man Utd Are More Clinical by MrCuteking(m): 10:16pm On Aug 11, 2019
Too many rush rush is championship style of play. In the premier league you need to be gentle, try to dominate or possess before you strike. Today I just watched Man United played against Derby County.

1 Like

Re: '4 Mistakes, We Have To Be Grown Up’ - Lampard Admits Man Utd Are More Clinical by Bantino(m): 10:23pm On Aug 11, 2019
Before nko? That is what happens when boys meet men.

1 Like

Re: '4 Mistakes, We Have To Be Grown Up’ - Lampard Admits Man Utd Are More Clinical by reccy(m): 10:31pm On Aug 11, 2019
Well, you guys played well especially in first half.... There are some young lad who are hungry to play and they are showing some sign of attacking minded... Give them the chance and leave Pedro alone. The guy is not serious at all.

Then you have your defend to work on especially that zouma, he got no experience at all. And please leave Abraham on the field and forget that giroud of a boy.... The Abraham got some pace and movement and I like it... Why changing him?

Then tell pulisic that this is premier league and not dribbling league. Before I forget, that barkley deserve not to be substituted. The guy played well .

Lastly, I won't forget my own man of the match, kovacic... Please keep that wonderful performance up, I love it.

Above all. The sky is always blue. One love!!!
Re: '4 Mistakes, We Have To Be Grown Up’ - Lampard Admits Man Utd Are More Clinical by oluwatosink: 11:50pm On Aug 11, 2019
Up manu.. cool
ole gunner keep winning oo. You have good defenders, good attackers.. No dissapointment this time... undecided
Re: '4 Mistakes, We Have To Be Grown Up’ - Lampard Admits Man Utd Are More Clinical by Dizzyrascal(m): 11:21am On Aug 12, 2019
reccy:
Well, you guys played well especially in first half.... There are some young lad who are hungry to play and they are showing some sign of attacking minded... Give them the chance and leave Pedro alone. The guy is not serious at all.

Then you have your defend to work on especially that zouma, he got no experience at all. And please leave Abraham on the field and forget that giroud of a boy.... The Abraham got some pace and movement and I like it... Why changing him?

Then tell pulisic that this is premier league and not dribbling league. Before I forget, that barkley deserve not to be substituted. The guy played well .

Lastly, I won't forget my own man of the match, kovacic... Please keep that wonderful performance up, I love it.

Above all. The sky is always blue. One love!!!
men, you are Chelsea fan true and true. Lots of respect.

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (Reply)

Download Video: Tottenham Vs Manchester City 2-0 All Goals & Highlights / Should I Cashout / Who Is Nigerian Footballer Of The Year!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.