Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,378 members, 7,819,377 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 03:11 PM

Serena Williams Retires In Rogers Cup Final... All Tears - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Serena Williams Retires In Rogers Cup Final... All Tears (521 Views)

Lebron James, Serena Williams, Tom Brady, Kim K. Attend Messi's Debut Match / Protester Sets Arm On Fire On Court Ahead Of Rogers Federer's Farewell (video) / Serena Williams In Tears After Injury In Rogers Cup Final, Touching (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Serena Williams Retires In Rogers Cup Final... All Tears by donaldeke(m): 10:48pm On Aug 11, 2019
Tennis star, Serena Williams retired with a back injury in the final of the Rogers Cup in Toronto, handing the title to Canadian teenager Bianca Andreescu.
Williams, 37, was left in tears after suffering back spasms as 19-year-old Andreescu comforted her courtside.

The American was a break down at 1-3 in the first set when she withdrew.

"I'm sorry I couldn't do it today, I tried," said the 23-time Grand Slam champion. "It's been a tough year, but we'll keep going."

Andreescu, who won her first WTA title at Indian Wells earlier this year, becomes the first Canadian to win the Rogers Cup women's singles title since 1969.

"Serena, you made me cry. I know how it is to pull out of tournaments, it's not easy," she said.

"This wasn't the way I expected to win. You are truly a champion. I've watched you win so many times, you are truly a champion on and off the court.

"I'm speechless right now. This has been a dream come true."

Williams' only previous retirement in a singles final came at the Rogers Cup in 2000 - the year Andreescu was born.

Williams was seeking to win her first title since...
https://www.reporterswall.com/serena-williams-retires-rogers-cup-final-tears/

Re: Serena Williams Retires In Rogers Cup Final... All Tears by Mrevildoer(m): 10:50pm On Aug 11, 2019
She cried?

Those are tears of joy.. It's not easy you know
Re: Serena Williams Retires In Rogers Cup Final... All Tears by Nobody: 11:01pm On Aug 11, 2019
Congrats, Bianca Andreescu.
Re: Serena Williams Retires In Rogers Cup Final... All Tears by obiekunie2: 11:30pm On Aug 11, 2019
mamaemeka:
Tears of joy
Hello, I want to strike a deal with real people here not scammers, get me a federal job with my B.SC and I pay you 1millon immediately
0.9062.130.953 whatsapp

with one million why are you still looking for a federal job?

your are exposing yourself to scammers and kidnappers.

pls be careful and be guided.
Re: Serena Williams Retires In Rogers Cup Final... All Tears by Nobody: 11:41pm On Aug 11, 2019
obiekunie2:

with one million why are you still looking for a federal job?

your are exposing yourself to scammers and kidnappers.

pls be careful and be guided.
ok sir

(1) (Reply)

Tammy Abraham Equals Lampard’s Nine-year Chelsea Record / Photos: See How Your Favourite Football Team And Stars Celebrated Nigeria / The Judo Uniform For You

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.