Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,806 members, 7,820,821 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 10:36 PM

Wrong Information About Nigeria On Wikipedia (Pictures) - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Wrong Information About Nigeria On Wikipedia (Pictures) (2772 Views)

See Mahmood Yakubu's Biography On Wikipedia / I Checked Desmond Eliots Profile On Wikipedia And I Saw This (photos) / IGP Idris "Transmission" Speech Now On Wikipedia. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Wrong Information About Nigeria On Wikipedia (Pictures) by Bede2u(m): 2:13am On Aug 12, 2019
Someone edited the nigeria page on wikipedia to make fulani a major tribe in nigeria together with igbo, yoruba and hausa.

They also claimed fulani's population in nigeria is 65 million.

Someone needs to re-edit that lie that doesnt have a valid source

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Wrong Information About Nigeria On Wikipedia (Pictures) by CanadaOrBust: 3:14am On Aug 12, 2019
U r right my boy, see below

1 Like

Re: Wrong Information About Nigeria On Wikipedia (Pictures) by captianfreeman(m): 3:28am On Aug 12, 2019
OK.
Re: Wrong Information About Nigeria On Wikipedia (Pictures) by Bede2u(m): 3:51am On Aug 12, 2019
CanadaOrBust:
U r right my boy, see below
click on fulani wiki page and screen shot the population they gave themselves in nigeria
Re: Wrong Information About Nigeria On Wikipedia (Pictures) by anthonyuncle(m): 4:07am On Aug 12, 2019
shebi na una say una want next level

4 Likes

Re: Wrong Information About Nigeria On Wikipedia (Pictures) by CanadaOrBust: 4:15am On Aug 12, 2019
Bede2u:
click on fulani wiki page and screen shot the population they gave themselves in nigeria

Well, it says they number 40 million TOTAL
yet 65m in Naija. Wiki is mixed up

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Wrong Information About Nigeria On Wikipedia (Pictures) by Bede2u(m): 4:19am On Aug 12, 2019
CanadaOrBust:

Well, it says they number 40 million TOTAL
yet 65m in Naija. Wiki is mixed up
they edited it themselves to justify their aggression across west africa to international observers who rely on wiki and online resources. But as usual they messed it up again...typical aboki style

The fula tribe is maybe up to 20 million but no more than 30 million. This edit must not stand. Let our internet gurus re-edit the nonsense and report to wikipedia immediately...we cannot sit in our own house and burst out testicles

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Wrong Information About Nigeria On Wikipedia (Pictures) by drips8(m): 5:27am On Aug 12, 2019
Wikipedia gets its info from other nigerian sites and individual contributors

I don't trust Wikipedia when it comes to stats involving nigeria

1 Like

Re: Wrong Information About Nigeria On Wikipedia (Pictures) by Bede2u(m): 5:52am On Aug 12, 2019
drips8:
Wikipedia gets its info from other nigerian sites and individual contributors

I don't trust Wikipedia when it comes to stats involving nigeria
the source link on the info is not even working...so this obviously a crude edit by an aboki

2 Likes

Re: Wrong Information About Nigeria On Wikipedia (Pictures) by Bede2u(m): 5:53am On Aug 12, 2019
anthonyuncle:
shebi na una say una want next level
noooo...i no follow o
Re: Wrong Information About Nigeria On Wikipedia (Pictures) by sparog(m): 6:36am On Aug 12, 2019
Instead of complaining about it, go and change it too

Its wikipedia after all, anyone can write anything cheesy grin

1 Like

Re: Wrong Information About Nigeria On Wikipedia (Pictures) by agadez007(m): 7:22am On Aug 12, 2019
I am sure it's was a Yoruba Muslim that put that garbage there,fulanis are too busy with their cows to know how to operate a computer/phone
A Yoruba will do anything to get a pat in the back by the fulanis

3 Likes

Re: Wrong Information About Nigeria On Wikipedia (Pictures) by Nobody: 8:05am On Aug 12, 2019
The person that edited it is not intelligent (a hallmark of the Foolanis). How can the be 40million in total in West Africa, and 65 million in Nigeria?

3 Likes

Re: Wrong Information About Nigeria On Wikipedia (Pictures) by austine4real(m): 8:15am On Aug 12, 2019
next level one chance

u neva see anything

1 Like

Re: Wrong Information About Nigeria On Wikipedia (Pictures) by Perkins2018: 8:30am On Aug 12, 2019
agadez007:
I am sure it's was a Yoruba Muslim that put that garbage there,fulanis are too busy with their cows to know how to operate a computer/phone
A Yoruba will do anything to get a pat in the back by the fulanis

I’m very certain you Igbos are cursed with stupidity. The very same that led to your near total destruction.

1 Like

Re: Wrong Information About Nigeria On Wikipedia (Pictures) by Nobody: 9:00am On Aug 12, 2019
Bro fulanis May not be upto 60 Million but those peeps are highly populated even more than the Hausa people they live in bushes in the north not cities or villages and they have started rejecting people calling them Hausafulanis they say they are just fulanis now and the Hausa people are more treatend by the fulanis than any other tribe in Nigeria go to the core north villages and see how Fulani bandits will enter and kill hundreds of people in a village sometimes they even tell some minority tribes that it the Hausa people they want to attack they should leave the villages before they come.
Nigerians just have to set their differences aside and work on this Fulani issue because to me a major enemy has just awaken because something is up and the government knows about it.
Re: Wrong Information About Nigeria On Wikipedia (Pictures) by Amuocha: 10:07am On Aug 12, 2019
Seen
Re: Wrong Information About Nigeria On Wikipedia (Pictures) by Printerscanner: 10:09am On Aug 12, 2019
Bede2u:
Someone edited the nigeria page on wikipedia to make fulani a major tribe in nigeria together with igbo, yoruba and hausa.

And information on the internet is what will build roads, hospitals, schools, electricity and create employment. Lazy youths doing Yahoo Yahoo.
Re: Wrong Information About Nigeria On Wikipedia (Pictures) by timecapsule: 11:00am On Aug 12, 2019
The editing is the reason for their RUGA which can never work.
Here is the real fact and figure.....

The largest tribes

Hausa - 25% share of Nigerian population
Yoruba - 21.0%
Igbo - 18.0%
Ijaw - 10.0%
Kanuri - 4.0%
Fulani - 3.9%
Ibibio- 3.5%

For them to come now and become #1 is fact that other Fulani in other african country are now in Nigeria.

1 Like

Re: Wrong Information About Nigeria On Wikipedia (Pictures) by SKYloafFISH(f): 1:08pm On Aug 12, 2019
HedwigesMaduro:
The person that edited it is not intelligent (a hallmark of the Foolanis). How can the be 40million in total in West Africa, and 65 million in Nigeria?
hahahha is Nigeria part of Africa?
spendoon:
Bro fulanis May not be upto 60 Million but those peeps are highly populated even more than the Hausa people they live in bushes in the north not cities or villages and they have started rejecting people calling them Hausafulanis they say they are just fulanis
hi, you are 100% wrong @ the bolded... I suggest you edit it

1 Like

Re: Wrong Information About Nigeria On Wikipedia (Pictures) by Bede2u(m): 2:01pm On Aug 12, 2019
spendoon:
Bro fulanis May not be upto 60 Million but those peeps are highly populated even more than the Hausa people they live in bushes in the north not cities or villages and they have started rejecting people calling them Hausafulanis they say they are just fulanis now and the Hausa people are more treatend by the fulanis than any other tribe in Nigeria go to the core north villages and see how Fulani bandits will enter and kill hundreds of people in a village sometimes they even tell some minority tribes that it the Hausa people they want to attack they should leave the villages before they come.
Nigerians just have to set their differences aside and work on this Fulani issue because to me a major enemy has just awaken because something is up and the government knows about it.
hmmm...wat u said here is giving me goose pimples o....there is fire on the mountain

1 Like

Re: Wrong Information About Nigeria On Wikipedia (Pictures) by Bede2u(m): 5:42pm On Aug 12, 2019
Printerscanner:

And information on the internet is what will build roads, hospitals, schools, electricity and create employment. Lazy youths doing Yahoo Yahoo.
this one dont know that the information about nigeria on the internet is the 1st and sometimes the only thing foreigners will know about nigeria.

While the rest of the world are packaging their country on social media...nigeria as usual is asking stupid questions smh

1 Like

Re: Wrong Information About Nigeria On Wikipedia (Pictures) by selemempe: 3:08am On Aug 13, 2019
Bede2u:

wow....fulani will destroy this country
Re: Wrong Information About Nigeria On Wikipedia (Pictures) by olisaEze(m): 3:41am On Aug 13, 2019
65m that originate from where in Nigeria na? Every tribe & ethnic group can trace their origins to a portion of the soil of this country (whether in the north or south), where do these ones come from na!?
Re: Wrong Information About Nigeria On Wikipedia (Pictures) by Nobody: 8:19am On Aug 13, 2019
SKYloaISH:
hahahha is Nigeria part of Africa?
hi, you are 100% wrong @ the bolded... I suggest you edit it
Bro have you been to that thick forest in the birnin gwari axis of kaduna that circulate zamfara,Niger,katsina states Try and do research from the people that place and see the amount of fulanis living in that place you will never know till you enter maybe if they kidnap someone and do you think those people are counted during census who wan enter that place for one censuses another thing is if those people want make huge attacks they invite their brother's from other African countries.
Re: Wrong Information About Nigeria On Wikipedia (Pictures) by Nobody: 8:21am On Aug 13, 2019
olisaEze:
65m that originate from where in Nigeria na? Every tribe & ethnic group can trace their origins to a portion of the soil of this country (whether in the north or south), where do these ones come from na!?
Every where like I said sometimes they invite their brother's from other African countries

(1) (Reply)

19 Years Old Lagos State Boy Arrested For Challenging Snawo-olu To Speak The Tru / We Shall Be Back, Gunmen Warn Uzodinma’s Kinsmen / VIDEO: How I Killed Soldiers, Zamfara Bandit Boasts In Front Of Crowd, Policeman

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.