Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,704 members, 7,809,678 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 12:57 PM

Taraba killings: Army Captain Arrested as policemen's bodies arrive Abuja - Crime (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Taraba killings: Army Captain Arrested as policemen's bodies arrive Abuja (48646 Views)

Taraba Killings: Army To Court-martial Soldiers In Jos / Taraba Police Killings: Army Captain Had 191 Phone Chats With Wanted Kidnapper / Soldier In Borno Kills Army Captain, 4 Others, Then Kills Himself (Graphic Pics) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Taraba killings: Army Captain Arrested as policemen's bodies arrive Abuja by BUTTERMILKSUGAR(m): 7:51am On Aug 12, 2019
OkoYibo:

Don't jump into matters that you have no knowledge of.

Definition of prosecution
The act or process of prosecuting specifically : the institution and continuance of a criminal suit involving the process of pursuing formal charges against an offender to final judgment
you sound like a police man so I will tell you again, but this time I will bold it for you.
prosecution ISN'T police duty , it's the function of the Judicial arm of government ie judiciary

2 Likes

Re: Taraba killings: Army Captain Arrested as policemen's bodies arrive Abuja by Born2Breed(f): 7:52am On Aug 12, 2019
I feel pains anytime I see that video...one was alive begging for his life and I could hear the army boys asking for their service pistol...whoever is in possession of service pistol is a security agent.

They knew who they were and allowed the only survivor to die and be disrespected by dragging them on the tarred road.

If Nigerians still think all the terrorism, banditary and kidnapping in the North are not sponsored by the authority then they are obdurately stupid.

4 Likes

Re: Taraba killings: Army Captain Arrested as policemen's bodies arrive Abuja by OkoYibo: 7:52am On Aug 12, 2019
Buckubuck:

Tell that to buhari who clearly feels the army is superior to the police. Instead of asking ONSA or DSS to investigate the matter, he's asking the accused to investigate and just find space at the back for the accuser to observe. How rich...

That exactly is why the DIG is investigating the matter and is already on ground.

The DIG is on ground in Taraba state for investigation. Let the soldiers keep fooling themselves.

3 Likes

Re: Taraba killings: Army Captain Arrested as policemen's bodies arrive Abuja by Nobody: 7:53am On Aug 12, 2019
Chukwurah003:

When there are communal clashes in Taraba?
What is the business of army with communal clash?
How does that affect Nigeria's territorial integrity
Re: Taraba killings: Army Captain Arrested as policemen's bodies arrive Abuja by OkoYibo: 7:54am On Aug 12, 2019
BUTTERMILKSUGAR:
you sound like a police man so I will tell you again, but this time I will bold it for you.
prosecution ISN'T police duty , it's the function of the Judicial arm of government ie judiciary

I sound like a policeman?
I actually should sound like a teacher cos I'm trying to educate you.

You mistake prosecution for adjudication. Go and read and stop advertising your mistakes here.

4 Likes

Re: Taraba killings: Army Captain Arrested as policemen's bodies arrive Abuja by Nobody: 7:56am On Aug 12, 2019
BUTTERMILKSUGAR:
You're right that it's not police duty but not right that it's judiciary. Prosecution is basically an executive function under the attorney general.

1 Like

Re: Taraba killings: Army Captain Arrested as policemen's bodies arrive Abuja by chudez0147(m): 7:57am On Aug 12, 2019
loydsis:
This country is truly a jungle, unprofessionalism at it's peak. You can imagine our useless force men killing themselves with hopeless abandon. I spit on this country.
Spit on your fathers head
Re: Taraba killings: Army Captain Arrested as policemen's bodies arrive Abuja by BUTTERMILKSUGAR(m): 7:57am On Aug 12, 2019
OkoYibo:

I sound like a policeman?
[s] I actually should sound like a teacher cos I'm trying to educate you.

You mistake prosecution for adjudication. Go and read and stop advertising your mistakes here.[/s]
TYPICAL MAN IN BLACK

Re: Taraba killings: Army Captain Arrested as policemen's bodies arrive Abuja by Automatic3344: 7:58am On Aug 12, 2019
brother R.I.P
Re: Taraba killings: Army Captain Arrested as policemen's bodies arrive Abuja by Fxwarrior: 8:00am On Aug 12, 2019
ednut1:
Army should not even be on the roads. Na police work be thar

It depends on the state, a state like Maiduguri and other terror prone states should have army on roads.
Re: Taraba killings: Army Captain Arrested as policemen's bodies arrive Abuja by OkoYibo: 8:01am On Aug 12, 2019
BUTTERMILKSUGAR:
TYPICAL MAN IN BLACK

I'm not a policeman and God forbid. It is you and your family members who are policemen.

That being said, you are incapable of understanding what you posted.

Is it the judiciary that institutes criminal proceedings?
Better go and educate yourself.

2 Likes

Re: Taraba killings: Army Captain Arrested as policemen's bodies arrive Abuja by BUTTERMILKSUGAR(m): 8:01am On Aug 12, 2019
Buckubuck:

You're right that it's not police duty but not right that it's judiciary. Prosecution is basically an executive function under the attorney general.
at the bolded, you are confusing yourself
Re: Taraba killings: Army Captain Arrested as policemen's bodies arrive Abuja by OkoYibo: 8:03am On Aug 12, 2019
BUTTERMILKSUGAR:

Stop making a fool of yourself.

Can the Court adjudicate if the AG enters a Nolle prosequi?

2 Likes

Re: Taraba killings: Army Captain Arrested as policemen's bodies arrive Abuja by jumper524(m): 8:05am On Aug 12, 2019
hisgrace090:
The wicked cum kidnapper captain arrested, I hope its true not just cover up again.
the captain would be investigated by the army and if found guilty would be dismissed and handed over to the police. also the captain can never be at the checkpoint, he's most likely the officer in charge ( agitant) of checkpoints in that local govt.
the trigger happy soldiers should have some explanation on who gave them such orders or were they acting on their own..

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Taraba killings: Army Captain Arrested as policemen's bodies arrive Abuja by OkoYibo: 8:05am On Aug 12, 2019
Buckubuck:

You're correct.

That's why in places like Mexico, they have the Judicial Police. These ones work directly with the Attorney General there.
Re: Taraba killings: Army Captain Arrested as policemen's bodies arrive Abuja by Credobee(m): 8:05am On Aug 12, 2019
At this rate I would not be surprised to hear that the said alhaji Wadume was killed in a shoot out.......either by the army to cover up their complicity in kidnapping or by the police to avenge for the deaths of their colleagues .....
Any body waiting for alhaji wadume to be caught alive is sitting on a long thing........[/color][color=#990000]

1 Like

Re: Taraba killings: Army Captain Arrested as policemen's bodies arrive Abuja by BUTTERMILKSUGAR(m): 8:08am On Aug 12, 2019
OkoYibo:

I'm not a policeman and God forbid. It is you and your family members who are policemen.

[s] That being said, you are incapable of understanding what you posted.

Is it the judiciary that institutes criminal proceedings?
Better go and educate yourself.[/b]
Don't deny your profession for whatever reason. Be proud of yourself and what you do for a living... If if you are not properly groomed or educated on it.
Although, you are a perfect example of everything that is wrong with the NIGERIA POLICE FORCE.

Re: Taraba killings: Army Captain Arrested as policemen's bodies arrive Abuja by dominique(f): 8:08am On Aug 12, 2019
The army has bitten more than they can chew on this one. How can you kill policemen that identified themselves then go to release a kidnap kingpin because he was heavily connected to people ranked high in the force? You wasted three lives because of one miserable kidnapper? Every single army officer involved must not go scot-free. It's better they're all executed.

3 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Taraba killings: Army Captain Arrested as policemen's bodies arrive Abuja by OkoYibo: 8:10am On Aug 12, 2019
BUTTERMILKSUGAR:
Don't deny your profession for whatever reason. Be proud of yourself and what you do for a living... If if you are not properly groomed or educated on it.
Although, you are a perfect example of everything that is wrong with the NIGERIA POLICE FORCE.

Your problem is that your ignorance is inherited. It can't be cured online. You need to start from Nursery 1.

See this illiterate saying the Court prosecutes.

1 Like

Re: Taraba killings: Army Captain Arrested as policemen's bodies arrive Abuja by Nobody: 8:11am On Aug 12, 2019
OkoYibo:

You're correct.

That's why in places like Mexico, they have the Judicial Police. These ones work directly with the Attorney General there.
The police and other investigate agencies also work with the AG through the DPP
Re: Taraba killings: Army Captain Arrested as policemen's bodies arrive Abuja by BUTTERMILKSUGAR(m): 8:12am On Aug 12, 2019
jumper524:
also the captain can never be at the checkpoint, he's most likely the officer in charge ( agitant) of checkpoints in that local govt.
the trigger happy soldiers should have some explanation on who gave them such orders or were they acting on their own..
this issue is just a friendly fire. It's very possible captain was misinformed by the locals and the captain also misinformed the soldiers on duty.
Judging by the video of the assault, the soldiers made an innocent mistake
Re: Taraba killings: Army Captain Arrested as policemen's bodies arrive Abuja by OkoYibo: 8:12am On Aug 12, 2019
Buckubuck:

The police and other investigate agencies also work with the AG through the DPP

Both are not under the judiciary. Both are under the Executive arm.

That illiterate was saying the Judiciary prosecutes.

2 Likes

Re: Taraba killings: Army Captain Arrested as policemen's bodies arrive Abuja by onyxo76(m): 8:15am On Aug 12, 2019
GoodofNaija:
Under Buhari, expect any kind of cover up. There is every possiblity that case has links with the cabal.

This is a case where heads should be rolling including the untouchable COAS, but they are foot dragging over it so as to buy time and kill off the case.

Nigeria is doomed under buhari!
exactly ,there are strong people who will do anything to remain anonymous no matter or what is involved, these people are most likely even stronger than the presidency for all we know.
Re: Taraba killings: Army Captain Arrested as policemen's bodies arrive Abuja by Nobody: 8:15am On Aug 12, 2019
OkoYibo:

Both are not under the judiciary. Both are under the Executive arm.

That illiterate was saying the Judiciary prosecutes.
Leave him. He's a kid

1 Like

Re: Taraba killings: Army Captain Arrested as policemen's bodies arrive Abuja by Nobody: 8:17am On Aug 12, 2019
BUTTERMILKSUGAR:
How am I confusing myself? Do you know what it means to prosecute? How can a judiciary expected to be impartial be a prosecutor?

1 Like

Re: Taraba killings: Army Captain Arrested as policemen's bodies arrive Abuja by Jabioro: 8:20am On Aug 12, 2019
I have said..and i am going to repeat it .The army captain must not be shields from investigation by the authority that be., otherwise it would jeopardized every effort to unraveled the beyond the face media what exactly happened..
Re: Taraba killings: Army Captain Arrested as policemen's bodies arrive Abuja by Nobody: 8:20am On Aug 12, 2019
OkoYibo:

That exactly is why the DIG is investigating the matter and is already on ground.

The DIG is on ground in Taraba state for investigation. Let the soldiers keep fooling themselves.
Which report will get to the President? The DIG's or the DHQ's? The soldiers are not fooling themselves. The President has put them in charge of investigation which is quite unfortunate.
Re: Taraba killings: Army Captain Arrested as policemen's bodies arrive Abuja by ShenTeh(m): 8:24am On Aug 12, 2019
I am still waiting for the name of that one civilian that was murdered alongside the detectives by the Nigerian Army.

I read the transcript of the murder scene in the Telegraph and it reeks of shame and cowardice on the part of the soldiers.

1. The soldiers acknowledged that (one of) the policemen identified themselves as an IG Team.

2. The soldiers mulled the idea of setting the policemen and their vehicle on fire.

3. All murdered men crawled out from their accidental bus alive but wounded. Nigerian army shot- wounded service men who have identified themselves and even pleaded for their lives- at close range point blank in the chest and stomach.

4. Only One road leads to the village. The policemen used the same road to the village and met the same check points. Why the suspected kidnappers label by the army on their return leg.

5. Etc etc.

Clearly their murder was premeditated and so executed. The soldier men in their intelligence went ahead to put their shameful and murderous act on video to present proves to whoever sent them.

I spit on the balless soldiers whose strength whimpers at the ragtag Boko Haram fighters but become lions when they meet harmless Nigerians striving to make the world a better place.

Again, shame on the Nigerian Army for reeling out a press release soon to cover the heinous crime of its men.

3 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Yomi Fabiyi To Protest If Baba Ijesha Is Not Granted Bail / 3 Headless Bodies with missing private parts Found Under Ondo Bridge / Ekprimma Koko: "Uyo Doctor Akpanobong Molested Me While Recovering From Surgery"

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.