Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,770 members, 7,809,961 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 05:56 PM

Taraba killings: Army Captain Arrested as policemen's bodies arrive Abuja - Crime (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Taraba killings: Army Captain Arrested as policemen's bodies arrive Abuja (48647 Views)

Taraba Killings: Army To Court-martial Soldiers In Jos / Taraba Police Killings: Army Captain Had 191 Phone Chats With Wanted Kidnapper / Soldier In Borno Kills Army Captain, 4 Others, Then Kills Himself (Graphic Pics) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Taraba killings: Army Captain Arrested as policemen's bodies arrive Abuja by JuanDeDios: 3:49pm On Aug 12, 2019
Buckubuck:

On a high profile covert op in an area where there's active military personnel op ongoing?, Yes
That's not accurate. What you're required to do is inform the local division - this applies to all agencies on covert ops, including DSS. The golden rule of cover ops is to keep the circle of knowers small - ONSA doesn't tell anyone anything, unless there's a specific reason to.

Still, the police were careless with the lives of those officers. They ought to have a protocol for transporting high-value detainees. They should have used a helicopter or a convey with five vehicles, with one or two of them armoured. A crime boss who collects N100m ransoms in one Hilux truck? Where on earth is that done?
Re: Taraba killings: Army Captain Arrested as policemen's bodies arrive Abuja by Fourwinds: 5:39pm On Aug 12, 2019
Buckubuck:

You lack understanding. You think it's only the army that is corrupt?
A band of robbers caught recently along Mokwa road in Jebba were led by a policeman so I don't know what you mean by the army is on the payroll of the kidnapper.
Besides, how sure are you that the army knew him as a kidnapper and not just as a good guy? A lot of assumptions still surround the issue and given the way our security agents operate, it's very possible they thought those police officers were kidnappers in truth impersonating police officers. Information is very poor among our security circles.
young man you don't need to rant online ...the video how the IRT operatives were killed is im circulation ...and people have seen it....there is no way the Army can Exonerated itself from this mess ....A Nigerian Army captain is involved ....just be patient as things unfold ...that was how they denied the rape of a student of AAUA ...but now the culprit(soldier) is in police custody now
Re: Taraba killings: Army Captain Arrested as policemen's bodies arrive Abuja by hedonido: 5:50pm On Aug 12, 2019
Army Captain wey no get name or picture? What are you still protecting or hiding by withholding his name and picture, considering the heinous crime committed? Why is Nigeria such a terrible shithole?
Re: Taraba killings: Army Captain Arrested as policemen's bodies arrive Abuja by Nobody: 7:48pm On Aug 12, 2019
JuanDeDios:

That's not accurate. What you're required to do is inform the local division - this applies to all agencies on covert ops, including DSS. The golden rule of cover ops is to keep the circle of knowers small - ONSA doesn't tell anyone anything, unless there's a specific reason to.

Still, the police were careless with the lives of those officers. They ought to have a protocol for transporting high-value detainees. They should have used a helicopter or a convey with five vehicles, with one or two of them armoured. A crime boss who collects N100m ransoms in one Hilux truck? Where on earth is that done?
Let me understand you well. Which local division are you talking about? The army or the police? I hope you realize the military have an ongoing field operation in that area to curb kidnapping, banditry and other criminalities. If there's no need to inform them, why then are they running an op in that area? And what if they were also on the trail of Wadume as well. What is to ensure that the two do not clash as they just did? If it was an area where the military is not having an operation, I can agree with you. But in this kind of scenario, they need to be informed.
Re: Taraba killings: Army Captain Arrested as policemen's bodies arrive Abuja by Nikes(m): 12:45pm On Aug 13, 2019
Niaja4real:

Mr.man try and understand what a covert operation means first, then maybe, just may be I could engage u in an argument from there.
From your no.1 to no.4 point of view, it doesn't suggest to me that u know what covert operation is.
Ok first of all, I stated it clearly that I stand on a neutral ground and pointed out the faults on both sides. You talk about covert operation, and yeah, I know what it is. But then, I'm wondering...what kind of covert operation is this? You go on a covert operation without an authentic exit strategy? I mean, it's not even as hard as concealing the whole operation itself, it's simply laying out your tracks for a smooth operation without being detected. When mapping out an exit strategy for any operation, every risk and factor must be involved. Checkpoints whether military or paramilitary must be put into consideration where necessary. In the case of an anticipated encounter with the military at checkpoints, you send a signal to the command, informing them of an intelligence operation going on in areas under their command. They in turn, will send signals to Brigadiers and Unit CO's respectively. This will keep them in the light incase you turn up while on duty with arms or in whatever condition.

Now, tell me sir, if you are a soldier at a check point in North-Eastern state carrying out your duty and suddenly sight a vehicle, flag it down but it doesn't stop and yeah, you have absolutely no idea who it is in the vehicle, you pursue and it still doesn't stop, pls tell me what your Conclusion will be. And then, tell me your next line of action.

NB: I'm not taking sides, only making analysis here.
Re: Taraba killings: Army Captain Arrested as policemen's bodies arrive Abuja by Niaja4real(m): 7:50pm On Aug 13, 2019
Nikes:

Ok first of all, I stated it clearly that I stand on a neutral ground and pointed out the faults on both sides. You talk about covert operation, and yeah, I know what it is. But then, I'm wondering...what kind of covert operation is this? You go on a covert operation without an authentic exit strategy? I mean, it's not even as hard as concealing the whole operation itself, it's simply laying out your tracks for a smooth operation without being detected. When mapping out an exit strategy for any operation, every risk and factor must be involved. Checkpoints whether military or paramilitary must be put into consideration where necessary. In the case of an anticipated encounter with the military at checkpoints, you send a signal to the command, informing them of an intelligence operation going on in areas under their command. They in turn, will send signals to Brigadiers and Unit CO's respectively. This will keep them in the light incase you turn up while on duty with arms or in whatever condition.

Now, tell me sir, if you are a soldier at a check point in North-Eastern state carrying out your duty and suddenly sight a vehicle, flag it down but it doesn't stop and yeah, you have absolutely no idea who it is in the vehicle, you pursue and it still doesn't stop, pls tell me what your Conclusion will be. And then, tell me your next line of action.

NB: I'm not taking sides, only making analysis here.
I'm glad u said u're on a neutral position.
Having said that, now, I'll appreciate if u can tell yourself the honest truth that, the killing of those police men was never a case of any mistaken identity as to whether they were kidnappers or police personnel.
And assuming u had taken your time to watch the killing viral video, u would have heard when one of the slain officer, made attempt to show his service ID card, to the soldiers, but he was ignored & shot at.
Remember also that the IRT men while going to the community with which Wadume was arrested, entered ibi, and they passed throgh those checkpoints, & we are told, that the IRT team even stop & exchange pleasantries with these soldiers and informed them that they were coming for operation. So how come, the same soldiers, now turn around to say, they mistook the same bus with same registration on their way out, to be that of a kidnapping gang?
Those who know the village very well said, the road is the only entry & exist route from the village.
Remember the bus was duly registered with number plates on it.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Yomi Fabiyi To Protest If Baba Ijesha Is Not Granted Bail / Ekprimma Koko: "Uyo Doctor Akpanobong Molested Me While Recovering From Surgery" / 3 Headless Bodies with missing private parts Found Under Ondo Bridge

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.