Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,522 members, 7,816,277 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 08:40 AM

How Nigerians Can Successfully Overthrow A Government - Junaid Mohammed - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / How Nigerians Can Successfully Overthrow A Government - Junaid Mohammed (625 Views)

Junaid Mohammed: I Will Rather Have Tinubu As President Than Igbo Man / Junaid Mohammed: South Should Forget 2023 Presidency / R-APC: Why Buhari’s Associates Are Dumping Him – Junaid Mohammed (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

How Nigerians Can Successfully Overthrow A Government - Junaid Mohammed by hisexcellency34: 7:02am On Aug 12, 2019
Junaid Mohammed, elder statesman and Second Republic House of Representatives member, has said Nigerians can successfully remove a government in power if they are united and speak with one voice without allowing the political class to cause distrust and disaffection among them.

Junaid, who said both the ruling All Progressives Congress (APC) and the major opposition party, the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP), cannot take Nigeria to the Promised Land, however, cautioned that a revolution is not the best way to achieve that change.

Speaking exclusively with Daily Independent on the #RevolutionNow protest convened by the Coalition for Revolution (CORE), the group led by Omoyele Sowore, the detained presidential candidate of the African Action Congress (AAC), Junaid said he cannot recommend a revolution for Nigeria because of the hypocrisy of the elite.

He also alleged that some of those calling for revolution in the country today are being sponsored by foreign elements with the sole aim of destabilising the nation.

“When we are ready as a people to overthrow the government of the day, then we have to be united and work together as a team to overthrow the government.

“I don’t recommend a revolution in Nigeria because of the utmost irresponsibility of the Nigerian elite. The moment you start talking about revolution, the Nigerian elite will start telling you ‘oh my tribe, my religion’ and people will start talking irresponsibly. Nobody is talking of the national entity, the unity of the country.

If there is no unity among the people who are revolting, then we are not going to have any revolution. We are going to have anarchy and people killing themselves for no justifiable reasons. Killing people unnecessarily in an anarchic way is something I won’t accept. In any revolutionary situation, everything must be in place.

“One, revolution requires planning, it is not a spontaneous thing that just happens. So, those who are planning a revolution must map out two things: there must be proper planning, there must be total commitment. There must be ideology in place.

“There must also be media cooperation and collaboration. Also, technology must be in place as well as finance.

“Now, none of those who are making noise about revolution today has all these except those who are being sponsored from outside Nigeria. I know some of these people are being sponsored from outside Nigeria but I won’t mention their names now. The moment they move away from the sponsorship of their masters, they lack stability and they will not be able to do anything”, he said.

On the detention of Sowore by the Department of State Services (DSS), Junaid said Sowore must have known what he is heading for as no government will fold its hands and watch people sponsoring a revolution against it.

“If you come out and say you want a revolution, then you have to be prepared for the consequences, because those who are in power will not allow you to go scot-free. There will be a struggle between those who are in power and those who want to obtain power. And of course, the struggle may be bloody and dangerous but at the end of the day, whoever wins emerges the winner.

“So, those calling for revolution must understand clearly what they are going into because revolution is not a joke or tea party. A revolution is not a tea party. We have to be very careful. I am not prepared to condemn any Nigerian but I believe we all have a responsibility to work together for the unity of this country. If we don’t do that, all of us will be destroyed”, he noted.

https://www.independent.ng/how-to-overthrow-a-govt-junaid-mohammed/

Re: How Nigerians Can Successfully Overthrow A Government - Junaid Mohammed by Kingpee2(m): 7:07am On Aug 12, 2019
I Hope he doesn’t get soworedized.
Re: How Nigerians Can Successfully Overthrow A Government - Junaid Mohammed by Mrevildoer(m): 7:08am On Aug 12, 2019
Shake this table!

I believe he's saying it with good intent.. Afterall he's a polithiefcian.
Re: How Nigerians Can Successfully Overthrow A Government - Junaid Mohammed by Sonoyom(m): 7:10am On Aug 12, 2019
Re: How Nigerians Can Successfully Overthrow A Government - Junaid Mohammed by Samsimple(m): 7:14am On Aug 12, 2019
Nairaland sef cannot speak with one voice.. Only if its a snake thread and they are shouting lala upandown
Re: How Nigerians Can Successfully Overthrow A Government - Junaid Mohammed by Nobody: 7:15am On Aug 12, 2019
Unity of Nigeria expired in 2014.

It was a 100 Amalgamation Treaty signed in 1914.

So the Northern and Southern Protectorates are under that Charter two separate countries.

The pervasive ignorance in the country is the reason people still think there is Unity.

There is none. It is over
Re: How Nigerians Can Successfully Overthrow A Government - Junaid Mohammed by EdiAbali: 9:30am On Aug 12, 2019
Kingpee2:
I Hope he doesn’t get soworedized.

Re: How Nigerians Can Successfully Overthrow A Government - Junaid Mohammed by hisexcellency34: 6:56am On Aug 13, 2019
You mean the unity began in 1914

VRDroid:
Unity of Nigeria expired in 2014.

It was a 100 Amalgamation Treaty signed in 1914.

So the Northern and Southern Protectorates are under that Charter two separate countries.

The pervasive ignorance in the country is the reason people still think there is Unity.

There is none. It is over
Re: How Nigerians Can Successfully Overthrow A Government - Junaid Mohammed by helinues: 6:57am On Aug 13, 2019
Old age don dey worry baba Junaid
Re: How Nigerians Can Successfully Overthrow A Government - Junaid Mohammed by Nobody: 10:42am On Aug 13, 2019
hisexcellency34:
You mean the unity began in 1914

Yes, read the Amalgamation Treaty signed by the feudal lords and Lugard himself

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

The North Is Growing Terror And Exporting To The South. / Why You Must Be A Proud Nigerian / Boko Haram Group Mistakenly Stepped On Bomb, 7 Members Killed ― Army

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.