Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,706 members, 7,809,686 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 01:05 PM

What Is Governor Ugwuanyi’s Offense? By Chuks Oko - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / What Is Governor Ugwuanyi’s Offense? By Chuks Oko (8337 Views)

Rejoinder To Sam Omatseye.Everyone’s Obituary Is Inevitable. By Chuks Iloegbunam / Ize-Iyamu Complained About Wike In Edo: What Is Governor Of Rivers Doing In Edo? / Throwback Photo Of Governor Ugwuanyi & Anayo Nwosu, His Classmate (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

What Is Governor Ugwuanyi’s Offense? By Chuks Oko by OEPHIUS(m): 8:53am On Aug 12, 2019
What is the offense of His Excellency Governor Ifeanyi Ugwuanyi? I don’t want to believe that the recent attacks on his person are being sponsored by politicians who are not happy that he believes in ‘live and let live.’
Those who don’t believe in an all inclusive government. A style that has made Enugu politicians see one another as brothers rather than enemies in the name of politics.
Some say he is not a politician but his style has proved bookmakers wrong. His re-election was a clean sweep even against the ruling party at the center. Is it not a commendable political feat?
Reading a piece attributed to one Rev. Fr. Ike Odigbo one would not help but feel an undertone of mischief.

I am a Catholic, and I have so much respect for Catholic Priests, but it’s either some of them don’t understand the ‘politics’ involved in the recent attacks and have unconsciously been dragged into the fray or have allowed themselves to be caught in the Web of a political battle. I don’t want to say that my respected priests are being used even without their knowing it.
The priest titled his write-up ‘Insecurity in Enugu…’ and from the first line heaped all attacks and blames on the governor.
There was no mention of the police, army or other security agencies whom it is their immediate responsibility to provide security.
Also, Security falls within the Exclusive List and as such an exclusive of the Federal government.. Appointments and postings of Commissioner’s of Police and other security Chiefs are strictly under the federal government. Thus, the call for community and State police in some quarters so that the states can take responsibility for their security.
Yes, we agree that the governor is the Chief Security officer of the state but the police, Army and other security agencies are not under his control.
I don’t think he is expected to carry guns and go into the bushes to protect his people.
Rather his duty is to provide logistics and other incentives to make the security agents discharge their duties effectively. This he has been doing to the best of my knowledge.
We all remember what happened before the Nimbo herdsmen attack. There was a security report of an impending danger. The governor summoned an emergency meeting and was re-assured by the CP and other security heads, yet they failed. Would you blame the governor for this? All that followed is now history and those who failed in their duties were reprimanded.
Let us take the issue of kidnap of a priest in Ezzeagu. Few years back kidnapping went to an all time high in the South-East to the extent that an army Special Squad was deployed to Abia State where the notorious Osisi-Kankwu was gunned down.

The business of kidnap also boomed in Anambra but the intensified efforts of security agents helped stem the massive tide.
In Enugu the brother of late Minister for Information Dora Akunyili was kidnapped, there was another memorable kidnap of a woman whose son is a successful business man. She was killed and buried in a forest in Nkwerre Ezukalla in Anambra State.
The list of kidnap in Enugu and of-course the rest of the South East was endless. It was like an epidemic that ravaged the South East, Catholic Priests were also victims, yet nobody blamed the governor then Sullivan Chime and his colleagues for the rise in kidnapping.
The Ezzeagu priest was kidnapped from the parsonage and when the alarm was raised the villagers went in search of the priest. Unfortunately his body was found.
Yes, the Nenwe episode. The report was that the villagers drove away herdsmen from their community. If you have a friend from Nenwe, or you want to find out things for yourself, visit the community and I can comfortably say that herdsmen are still there.
Herdsmen are in Nenwe and have been accommodated by the community. What happened was that the people woke up that morning and saw a staggering number of cows passing through the community.
Afraid that they were about to settle asked them to move on. That was the video that went viral. Rev. Fr. Odigbo please go and find out for yourself if herdsmen are still in Nenwe.

In most of our communities the Fulani herdsmen have been accommodated for decades while the traditional rulers reap the dividends and royalties, yet nobody wants to recognize this.
The duty of securing our communities starts from each of us as individuals. It continues with our village heads, traditional rulers, Town Union leadership, councillors and Local Government chairmen, it is not for our governor alone.
Even the police who it is their primary responsibility cannot work without information because they are not ubiquitous neither are they spirits.
The priest in his write-up almost exposed himself when he wrote…”The way he is going, with rising insecurity in the land, I doubt if he will complete this second term…”
Haba Fr. are you not beating someone else’s drums?
I like critics, but sir your write-up is far from a critique. You never saw anything good the governor has done.
You couldn’t even give him the credit of being the first in the South East to setup forest guards as agreed by the South-East Governors.

The police will always tell you that crime can never be eliminated but can only be curtailed. So blaming a peaceful governor for any crime in Enugu is totally wrong as nobody can blame you for the sins of the congregation of the Church you are managing.
In case you have not heard of this, a policeman was shot recently between 7th or 8th August along Nike Lake Road, Enugu.
The Keke reportedly slowed down at the check-point and shot at the police man. Would you also blame the governor here?
The police at Abakpa have been very notorious in toll collection to the extent that all keke riders pay a certain amount on daily basis.
People have differences. People quarrel, they fight, these could be motives for murder. We have heard of son stabbing mother to death in the same house.
I am not holding forth for the governor, I will criticize him if the need arises but in the present situation we all must tread with caution and individually contribute in our little ways to help in securing the state.
I know that some politicians are not happy that Ugwuanyi brought back former governor, Chimaroke Nnamani into political reckoning once again but the church must not allow itself to be used in a revenge mission.
The fake videos have continued to fly on the social media all in attempt to malign the governor. It’s however worrisome that the Catholic Church is being used to settle political scores.
The governor, however, is a Catholic, same with his deputy, Speaker and even the Chief Judge of the State. So, whose script is on play?

Chuks Ferdinand Oko writes from Aninri

http://www.everydaynewsngr.com/crime/what-is-governor-ugwuanyis-offense-by-chuks-oko/

1 Like

Re: What Is Governor Ugwuanyi’s Offense? By Chuks Oko by iAmViper(m): 10:02am On Aug 12, 2019
FTC
I'M HERE
WOLE SOYINKA WHERE ARE YOU?
Re: What Is Governor Ugwuanyi’s Offense? By Chuks Oko by Cleffunual: 10:03am On Aug 12, 2019
Finaly ftc
Re: What Is Governor Ugwuanyi’s Offense? By Chuks Oko by emma321(m): 10:03am On Aug 12, 2019
Governor Ugwuanyi no Comment for now
Re: What Is Governor Ugwuanyi’s Offense? By Chuks Oko by obembet(f): 10:03am On Aug 12, 2019
Abeg weitn Man United vs Chelsea play?

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Is Governor Ugwuanyi’s Offense? By Chuks Oko by anyimontana(m): 10:04am On Aug 12, 2019
Ugwuanyi the soup mixer(ote ofe)

In as much im so free, I must be mad to read this long ish

8 Likes

Re: What Is Governor Ugwuanyi’s Offense? By Chuks Oko by Proudlyngwa(m): 10:05am On Aug 12, 2019

Didn't believe what I just read. When statements like this come up know that something is fishy he is the chief security officer of that States if he feels it is a big deal for him let him stop collecting security allocation as far as I'm concerned all governors and the president are all acting sub-par, security situations can be handled in different ways unfortunately we are handling it as if this is the 18th century with train Robbers moving up and down

8 Likes

Re: What Is Governor Ugwuanyi’s Offense? By Chuks Oko by ShenTeh(m): 10:05am On Aug 12, 2019
Singing a politician's praise like canary.

Wait for it.

4 Likes

Re: What Is Governor Ugwuanyi’s Offense? By Chuks Oko by globemoney: 10:05am On Aug 12, 2019
When will this fat weeping governor concentrate on governance and stop sponsoring media propaganda on nairaland and Facebook

21 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Is Governor Ugwuanyi’s Offense? By Chuks Oko by JeffreyLiaison(m): 10:05am On Aug 12, 2019
I am a catholic also.
The main things is - Is the governor doing what he supposed to do?
If he is then those criticizing him are the hypocrites
Re: What Is Governor Ugwuanyi’s Offense? By Chuks Oko by Pvssy: 10:05am On Aug 12, 2019
Enugu people don't appreciate the Female Governor they blessed with.

I pray God does not curse them with a replica of Imo state Ihedioha

2 Likes

Re: What Is Governor Ugwuanyi’s Offense? By Chuks Oko by OkoYibo: 10:06am On Aug 12, 2019
You'll see them shouting "Enugu state is in the hands of 'god'" just like the idiots in Abia call Ikpeazu "a scholar in governance".

Funny backwards clowns.

The problem these Governors have is that their slaves have travelled to the SW and seen that other Governors are doing. They have seen what Umahi is doing with limited budgets.

They have started attacking their mediocre Governors.

Ps, Imo state is still blind. Those ones have no future there. When Ihedioha finishes his 8 years, maybe they would have a sensible Governor.

13 Likes 2 Shares

Re: What Is Governor Ugwuanyi’s Offense? By Chuks Oko by iwantolive: 10:07am On Aug 12, 2019
obembet:
Abeg weitn Man United vs Chelsea play?
Man united won 1-1..
Re: What Is Governor Ugwuanyi’s Offense? By Chuks Oko by DennisEche(m): 10:10am On Aug 12, 2019
His offence is he can't measure to what his predecessor Sullivan did in Enugu.

9 Likes

Re: What Is Governor Ugwuanyi’s Offense? By Chuks Oko by Kobicove(m): 10:11am On Aug 12, 2019
He has already been re-elected for another term and nothing can change that

1 Like

Re: What Is Governor Ugwuanyi’s Offense? By Chuks Oko by ngadaAwo: 10:14am On Aug 12, 2019
[s]
Pvssy:
Enugu people don't appreciate the Female Governor they blessed with.

I pray God does not curse them with a replica of Imo state Ihedioha
[/s]
tongue
Re: What Is Governor Ugwuanyi’s Offense? By Chuks Oko by greatiyk4u(m): 10:14am On Aug 12, 2019
All those blame of Fulanis on any attack recently in the south east is only giving the bad eggs opportunity to assassinate their enemies since Herdsmen will take the blame

Be careful of even your friends these days

Not saying there no bad Herdsmen murderers but we must join hands to call evil, evil

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Is Governor Ugwuanyi’s Offense? By Chuks Oko by agro100(m): 10:16am On Aug 12, 2019
Step by step on how to relocate to Canada with EXPRESS ENTRY and how to get Visa Invitation Letter to ANY country within 2 weeks without spending a dime on any agent.

For more details Check my signature
Re: What Is Governor Ugwuanyi’s Offense? By Chuks Oko by Rapmoney(m): 10:18am On Aug 12, 2019
globemoney:
When will this fat weeping governor concentrate on governance and stop sponsoring media propaganda on nairaland and Facebook
It's OEPHIUS he is using on Nairaland.

3 Likes

Re: What Is Governor Ugwuanyi’s Offense? By Chuks Oko by Angelfrost(m): 10:21am On Aug 12, 2019
Okay... How much did Ugwuanyi part with for this unnecessary media hype??!... Whoever took time to write this needs a better job. Sigh!!! undecided

2 Likes

Re: What Is Governor Ugwuanyi’s Offense? By Chuks Oko by Trueigbo: 10:21am On Aug 12, 2019
no comment until i read the priest own writeup
Re: What Is Governor Ugwuanyi’s Offense? By Chuks Oko by Pvssy: 10:23am On Aug 12, 2019
OkoYibo:
You'll see them shouting "Enugu state is in the hands of 'god'" just like the idiots in Abia call Ikpeazu "a scholar in governance".

Funny backwards clowns.

The problem these Governors have is that their slaves have travelled to the SW and seen that other Governors are doing. They have seen what Umahi is doing with limited budgets.

They have started attacking their mediocre Governors.

Ps, Imo state is still blind. Those ones have no future there. When Ihedioha finishes his 8 years, maybe they would have a sensible Governor.

grin grin grin

1 Like 1 Share

Re: What Is Governor Ugwuanyi’s Offense? By Chuks Oko by UKordietrying: 10:23am On Aug 12, 2019
K
Re: What Is Governor Ugwuanyi’s Offense? By Chuks Oko by KingsCity: 10:24am On Aug 12, 2019
Why
Re: What Is Governor Ugwuanyi’s Offense? By Chuks Oko by eodavids(m): 10:25am On Aug 12, 2019
OEPHIUS:
What is the offense of His Excellency Governor Ifeanyi Ugwuanyi? I don’t want to believe that the recent attacks on his person are being sponsored by politicians who are not happy that he believes in ‘live and let live.’
Those who don’t believe in an all inclusive government. A style that has made Enugu politicians see one another as brothers rather than enemies in the name of politics.
Some say he is not a politician but his style has proved bookmakers wrong. His re-election was a clean sweep even against the ruling party at the center. Is it not a commendable political feat?
Reading a piece attributed to one Rev. Fr. Ike Odigbo one would not help but feel an undertone of mischief.

I am a Catholic, and I have so much respect for Catholic Priests, but it’s either some of them don’t understand the ‘politics’ involved in the recent attacks and have unconsciously been dragged into the fray or have allowed themselves to be caught in the Web of a political battle. I don’t want to say that my respected priests are being used even without their knowing it.
The priest titled his write-up ‘Insecurity in Enugu…’ and from the first line heaped all attacks and blames on the governor.
There was no mention of the police, army or other security agencies whom it is their immediate responsibility to provide security.
Also, Security falls within the Exclusive List and as such an exclusive of the Federal government.. Appointments and postings of Commissioner’s of Police and other security Chiefs are strictly under the federal government. Thus, the call for community and State police in some quarters so that the states can take responsibility for their security.
Yes, we agree that the governor is the Chief Security officer of the state but the police, Army and other security agencies are not under his control.
I don’t think he is expected to carry guns and go into the bushes to protect his people.
Rather his duty is to provide logistics and other incentives to make the security agents discharge their duties effectively. This he has been doing to the best of my knowledge.
We all remember what happened before the Nimbo herdsmen attack. There was a security report of an impending danger. The governor summoned an emergency meeting and was re-assured by the CP and other security heads, yet they failed. Would you blame the governor for this? All that followed is now history and those who failed in their duties were reprimanded.
Let us take the issue of kidnap of a priest in Ezzeagu. Few years back kidnapping went to an all time high in the South-East to the extent that an army Special Squad was deployed to Abia State where the notorious Osisi-Kankwu was gunned down.

The business of kidnap also boomed in Anambra but the intensified efforts of security agents helped stem the massive tide.
In Enugu the brother of late Minister for Information Dora Akunyili was kidnapped, there was another memorable kidnap of a woman whose son is a successful business man. She was killed and buried in a forest in Nkwerre Ezukalla in Anambra State.
The list of kidnap in Enugu and of-course the rest of the South East was endless. It was like an epidemic that ravaged the South East, Catholic Priests were also victims, yet nobody blamed the governor then Sullivan Chime and his colleagues for the rise in kidnapping.
The Ezzeagu priest was kidnapped from the parsonage and when the alarm was raised the villagers went in search of the priest. Unfortunately his body was found.
Yes, the Nenwe episode. The report was that the villagers drove away herdsmen from their community. If you have a friend from Nenwe, or you want to find out things for yourself, visit the community and I can comfortably say that herdsmen are still there.
Herdsmen are in Nenwe and have been accommodated by the community. What happened was that the people woke up that morning and saw a staggering number of cows passing through the community.
Afraid that they were about to settle asked them to move on. That was the video that went viral. Rev. Fr. Odigbo please go and find out for yourself if herdsmen are still in Nenwe.

In most of our communities the Fulani herdsmen have been accommodated for decades while the traditional rulers reap the dividends and royalties, yet nobody wants to recognize this.
The duty of securing our communities starts from each of us as individuals. It continues with our village heads, traditional rulers, Town Union leadership, councillors and Local Government chairmen, it is not for our governor alone.
Even the police who it is their primary responsibility cannot work without information because they are not ubiquitous neither are they spirits.
The priest in his write-up almost exposed himself when he wrote…”The way he is going, with rising insecurity in the land, I doubt if he will complete this second term…”
Haba Fr. are you not beating someone else’s drums?
I like critics, but sir your write-up is far from a critique. You never saw anything good the governor has done.
You couldn’t even give him the credit of being the first in the South East to setup forest guards as agreed by the South-East Governors.

The police will always tell you that crime can never be eliminated but can only be curtailed. So blaming a peaceful governor for any crime in Enugu is totally wrong as nobody can blame you for the sins of the congregation of the Church you are managing.
In case you have not heard of this, a policeman was shot recently between 7th or 8th August along Nike Lake Road, Enugu.
The Keke reportedly slowed down at the check-point and shot at the police man. Would you also blame the governor here?
The police at Abakpa have been very notorious in toll collection to the extent that all keke riders pay a certain amount on daily basis.
People have differences. People quarrel, they fight, these could be motives for murder. We have heard of son stabbing mother to death in the same house.
I am not holding forth for the governor, I will criticize him if the need arises but in the present situation we all must tread with caution and individually contribute in our little ways to help in securing the state.
I know that some politicians are not happy that Ugwuanyi brought back former governor, Chimaroke Nnamani into political reckoning once again but the church must not allow itself to be used in a revenge mission.
The fake videos have continued to fly on the social media all in attempt to malign the governor. It’s however worrisome that the Catholic Church is being used to settle political scores.
The governor, however, is a Catholic, same with his deputy, Speaker and even the Chief Judge of the State. So, whose script is on play?

Chuks Ferdinand Oko writes from Aninri

http://www.everydaynewsngr.com/crime/what-is-governor-ugwuanyis-offense-by-chuks-oko/

Thanks and well done Chuks Ferdinand.

You made a whole lot of sense
Re: What Is Governor Ugwuanyi’s Offense? By Chuks Oko by ngadaAwo: 10:25am On Aug 12, 2019
[s]
Pvssy:

grin grin grin
[/s]
trash
Re: What Is Governor Ugwuanyi’s Offense? By Chuks Oko by Nobody: 10:26am On Aug 12, 2019
I know you may hv connection with gov Ugwuanyi, tell him to launch operation kpochapu and operation Udoka in Enugu and never to spare whoever that is caught whether he or she relates to him and see what will happen in 5 months time

4 Likes

Re: What Is Governor Ugwuanyi’s Offense? By Chuks Oko by KahlDrogo(m): 10:26am On Aug 12, 2019
Kerosene toad of a governor. cheesy

2 Likes

Re: What Is Governor Ugwuanyi’s Offense? By Chuks Oko by bestman09(m): 10:31am On Aug 12, 2019
smiley
Politics!

(1) (2) (Reply)

Obaseki: I Will Promote Private Sector Investment For Job Creation / 243 Days Of Killings, Kidnappings: Is Insecurity Spiralling Out Of Control? / Ex-Militants Get More Money Than Health Sector: Nigeria's 2012 Budget

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.